Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: April 26, 2019 02:52

Straycat13
That’s why I’m getting a refund and going to McCartney

...and The Who.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 26, 2019 03:29

If you read between the lines,in what BV is saying,l don't think there will be a tour this year,and actually this may be the end,glad l got my refund for the Miami show....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: April 26, 2019 03:34

Page 68 now. So I'll just go ahead and ask the question... Will we get definitive info (rescheduled dates, hopefully) from official sources before we get to 100 pages? Damn, I hope so.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 26, 2019 04:32

See you all at the show

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 26, 2019 04:35

ROPENI
If you read between the lines,in what BV is saying,l don't think there will be a tour this year,and actually this may be the end,glad l got my refund for the Miami show....

Nah.
He's saying it's monumentally difficult and the longer before an announcement the less likely one is coming..
for this tour.

If this tour ends up canceled for any reason other than Mick's health, you can bet they'll schedule the next one asap. Mick isn't going to let this be the reason they stop if he's healthy. They'll keep playing, it's what they do cool smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 26, 2019 07:21

Dougratajczak87
bv
Irix
bv

That is why the task of rescheduling is complicated.

What are actually the drawbacks of rescheduling the whole Tour simply to 2020 - same venues, same date range?

The ticket buyers purchased tickets for a tour and shows in April/May/June 2019. If the "product purchased" i.e. the entire tour would be rescheduled for 12 months then I would assume there are a few challenges related to that, like holding on to customer money i.e. approx 150 million us dollars for an extra year, and so on.

Yep, this is the biggest issue I think with rescheduling to 2020. The average fan is likely to cash in on their refund, and well I'm sure they would sell well if they put those refunded tickets back on sale at a later date, it's a risk to have to refund resale tickets, premium tickets, and even some of the more expensive face value tickets due to postponing a full year, if that were to happen.

Refunded tickets are going right back in immediately, for the Rose Bowl they are going in at platinum prices. A lot will go back in but eventually trickle back out filling the venue by showtime.

I am guessing next year if they happen at all, and if so it will absolutely be a HOT ticket. No one will have to say it but we will know.

Ozzy, a LOT of tickets got returned but again, if the shows happen it will be the biggest Ozzy solo tour in over a generation.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 26, 2019 08:48

NilsHolgersson
5stringTele
Even if the doctors were to clear Mick today, he'd be wise to spend a month or two of daily jogging at his previous pace. Nobody wants him to discover a few weeks into a tour that he hasn't recovered the stamina required for a tour. We don't want him to be sitting on a stool on the corner of the stage, softly humming our favorite tunes. Mick needs to run around the stage and runways while singing his lungs out for two hours.

I get the impression that some people want him on stage, even if he has to sing from a hospital bed.

I have been thinking about this. Sooner or later, the Stones shows have got to change or they have to call it a day. Mick is 75 and he's running around like an 18-year-old on stage. We don't expect football players to keep playing until they are 75. The Stones are going to be in their 80s in the next decade. I would rather see them on stage with a slowed down blues show, than not at all! It doesnt have to be the constant running around imho. Nobody their age does that.

Just remember one thing. Pete Townshend, in his speech inducting them into the r n r hall of fame, said "don't grow old gracefully boys, it wouldn't suit you."

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 26, 2019 09:10

Cooltoplady
daspyknows
bv
daspyknows
But jumpontopofmebaby said this was a no brainer. Schedules wide open at all venues and shows easily rescheduled.

Really? Assuming the crew has nothing else booked for the rest of the year, and all five star hotels are wide open and available on all possible dates, also crew hotels, band appointments and so on? Nothing is a "no brainer" here, I think.

I am with you BV. For the reasons you have noted. I was just following up on earlier thread comments.
\

Some people are clueless to what it take to put on a tour.

Well of course, that would be the case with everyone not in the concert tour business, which is most of us.

plexi

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 26, 2019 14:08

Irix
What are actually the drawbacks of rescheduling the whole Tour simply to 2020 - same venues, same date range?

Actuary tables come to mind. With each passing year the odds increase - and never decrease - that SOMETHING insurmountable will happen to the band that rules out any further touring. Aside from that, it would be grossly abusive not to issue full refunds in the meantime if they do take this unlikely approach.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 26, 2019 14:19

StonedInTokyo
Irix

Actuary tables come to mind. With each passing year the odds increase - and never decrease - that SOMETHING insurmountable will happen to the band that rules out any further touring. Aside from that, it would be grossly abusive not to issue full refunds in the meantime if they do take this unlikely approach.

The option for a full refund is available right now. The Stones have had to reschedule tour dates for a year several times in the past and nobody got hurt.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 14:24

I hope by mid-May we get the rescheduled dates.

I hope.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 26, 2019 14:49

Straycat13
That’s why I’m getting a refund and going to McCartney
McQuakert

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: April 26, 2019 14:51

Irix
Expect the same venues (beside Canada and New Orleans), dont expect the same date range.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 26, 2019 15:05

MisterDDDD
ROPENI

Nah.
He's saying it's monumentally difficult and the longer before an announcement the less likely one is coming..
for this tour.

If this tour ends up canceled for any reason other than Mick's health, you can bet they'll schedule the next one asap. Mick isn't going to let this be the reason they stop if he's healthy. They'll keep playing, it's what they do cool smiley

Maybe bv is just trying to let us down slow...winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 26, 2019 15:26

Ozzy Osbourne just did it.[/quote]

Ozzy is ONE person. We're talking about herding cats. Football season, fall weather, it's not going to be easy. You can't expect crew to put their schedules on hold for the rest of the year. They need a paycheck too.

Date: April 26, 2019 15:52

The rescheduled dates are already in place for late summer/early fall. The only thing they are waiting on before they can make an announcement is for Mick to get the green light from his medical team. If they weren't planning to tour this year they would have already said this by now. Most of the tour crew is available as this was to be a late spring/early summer tour so many of them are probably not booked for another major summer tour. If so, they can either switch places with someone to be with the Stones or be replaced. Other logistics such as hotels, transportation, immigration, etc will all be taken care of. This is the Rolling Stones after all. They know how to arrange these things!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 16:23 by TornAndFried.

Date: April 26, 2019 16:42

I got flights, hotels, traveling etc. booked for may 30 - june 9 (Washington, Philadelphia and Foxboro). I can cancel a lot now and got some refunds.. I can also change bookings (if I know the new tour dates in time...).

What is best to do now: cancel everything (love the album btw smiling smiley)), or just wait...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 26, 2019 16:53

MononoM
I got flights, hotels, traveling etc. booked for may 30 - june 9 (Washington, Philadelphia and Foxboro). I can cancel a lot now and got some refunds.. I can also change bookings (if I know the new tour dates in time...).

What is best to do now: cancel everything (love the album btw smiling smiley)), or just wait...

Wait for new dates.
Whatever portions are refundable, the refunds will be the same now as they will be a week before your travel dates. If there are new dates announced, it is possible changing dates as opposed to canceling them will be less costly penalty wise.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 26, 2019 17:00

glmmr_twn

Football season, fall weather, it's not going to be easy. You can't expect crew to put their schedules on hold for the rest of the year. They need a paycheck too.

That's why I had asked about 2020- [iorr.org] . "Everything" is already scheduled for 2019, but for 2020 there would be a new chance ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 20:10 by Irix.

Date: April 26, 2019 17:39

Irix
glmmr_twn

Football season, fall weather, it's not going to be easy. You can't expect crew to put their schedules on hold for the rest of the year. They need a paycheck too.

That's why I had asked about 2020. "Everything" is already scheduled for 2019, but for 2020 there would be a new chance ....

Perhaps they already have plans for another tour in 2020?

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 17:46

TornAndFried
Irix
glmmr_twn

That's why I had asked about 2020. "Everything" is already scheduled for 2019, but for 2020 there would be a new chance ....

I think they need to do this tour before even thinking about the next one.

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: April 26, 2019 19:31

TornAndFried
The rescheduled dates are already in place for late summer/early fall. The only thing they are waiting on before they can make an announcement is for Mick to get the green light from his medical team. If they weren't planning to tour this year they would have already said this by now. Most of the tour crew is available as this was to be a late spring/early summer tour so many of them are probably not booked for another major summer tour. If so, they can either switch places with someone to be with the Stones or be replaced. Other logistics such as hotels, transportation, immigration, etc will all be taken care of. This is the Rolling Stones after all. They know how to arrange these things!

Seems a bit unlikely that they would have insurance contracts, everything underwritten, agreements in place, contracts with crew and logistics companies, etc. etc. locked before Mick's gotten the green light from his medical team, doesn't it?

Who is going to underwrite a tour when the pitch is "Yeah, sorry, oops on the original plan, but we're probably gonna be able to make it a few months later, if you put up the cash now, it would reaaallllllly help us out if we could go ahead and book everything while we wait for the doctors to confirm we're good to go."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2019 20:01

TornAndFried
Irix
glmmr_twn

South America.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 26, 2019 20:05

Hairball
TornAndFried
Irix
glmmr_twn

South America.

Or: Asia / Oceania.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2019 20:21

Irix
Hairball
TornAndFried
Irix
glmmr_twn

South America.

Or: Asia / Oceania.

Or a second leg through North America.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: April 26, 2019 20:30

You can get a full refund for your tickets now. Their is nothing precluding that. It's deciding if you want your money held in limbo or just rebuying when info is crystal clear.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 26, 2019 20:39

Well I have Lucky Dip but I feel for the fans that had to give up flights, and other travel plans. It must be really tough on those who scramble every day just to make ends meet.

Maybe some type of refund could be issued without giving up the tickets.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 26, 2019 21:04

Chris Fountain
Well I have Lucky Dip but I feel for the fans that had to give up flights, and other travel plans. It must be really tough on those who scramble every day just to make ends meet.

Maybe some type of refund could be issued without giving up the tickets.

No chance

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 21:07

Hoping they reschedule for next year and chuck some London shows in

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 22:10

Rollin92
Hoping they reschedule for next year and chuck some London shows in

Logistically very difficult I think. When they tacked Glastonbury and the 2 Hyde Park shows to the end of 50 & Counting North America, they brought minimal equipment of their own other than their instruments.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home