Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 24, 2019 00:35

DoomandGloom
Guitar strap will probably irritate his scars and goes right over the heart. As far as tickets, they'll hold everyone's cash indefinitely. The sale itself was over six months ago. I planned on purchasing a week or two before. Rather pay a little more than lend The Stones a grand for half a year. Great as they are when it comes to money they're savages. Personally I believe this is the end. Bu the time Jagger is really ready other factors that we're all aware of will catch up to them. It was a good run, since 2012 it's been a great gift, I am grateful for seeing Mick Taylor, Bobby Keys and the beautiful effort they offered us.

Does he play without a shirt on?drinking smiley
Press said no knife to the heart area.
God speed Mick Jagger
xoxo

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: April 24, 2019 00:51

DoomandGloom
Guitar strap will probably irritate his scars and goes right over the heart. As far as tickets, they'll hold everyone's cash indefinitely. The sale itself was over six months ago. I planned on purchasing a week or two before. Rather pay a little more than lend The Stones a grand for half a year. Great as they are when it comes to money they're savages. Personally I believe this is the end. By the time Jagger is really ready other factors that we're all aware of will catch up to them. It was a good run, since 2012 it's been a great gift, I am grateful for seeing Mick Taylor, Bobby Keys and the beautiful effort they offered us. Ready to let go rather than see bad shit go down

Unless he is running the guitar strap around his groin. I don't see an issue.

Guess the days of a mic down the pants maybe over

Posted by: torontostoner ()
Date: April 24, 2019 01:08

WOW DoomandGloom, you picked a perfect name for yourself

I’ll choose to stay positive and enjoy the Stones whenever they’re ready...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2019 01:32

DoomandGloom
Guitar strap will probably irritate his scars and goes right over the heart. As far as tickets, they'll hold everyone's cash indefinitely. The sale itself was over six months ago. I planned on purchasing a week or two before. Rather pay a little more than lend The Stones a grand for half a year. Great as they are when it comes to money they're savages. Personally I believe this is the end. By the time Jagger is really ready other factors that we're all aware of will catch up to them. It was a good run, since 2012 it's been a great gift, I am grateful for seeing Mick Taylor, Bobby Keys and the beautiful effort they offered us. Ready to let go rather than see bad shit go down

You're on to 'em D&G..
Gotta get up pretttty early in the mornin' to get one by you winking smiley

Well, good knowin' ya.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lawd split ya and all that.. cool smiley.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 24, 2019 01:53

rock star day: get up at the crack of noon in your 5 star hotel, pick which tshirt to wear, have the servants deliver up some brekkie, hang out, hop in the limo to go to the venue, hang out some more, do soundcheck, hang out some more, do gig, hop in limo with hot super model at least 40 years younger, do what comes next, sleep...repeat.

this is meant to be humour to break up the monotony of 60 + pages of basically the same post (with minor variations). i kid, i kid!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 24, 2019 02:22

DoomandGloom

He didn’t have open heart surgery. He had non evasive valve replacement. Don’t you read? Geeez

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 24, 2019 03:08

I think this was a wake up call for Mr. Jagger.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2019 03:35

mpj200
I wouldn’t count on hearing anything this week.

As much as I would love to hear something, that's my feeling also. And as far as I'm concerned, everything is still hanging in the balance for a variety of reasons.
Something tells me they might do an abbreviated version of the mini-tour. Cancel some of the shows and reschedule the rest which might make it easier for Mick and the band.
Still holding out hope that some shows happen at all (and holding on to tickets) until further notice, though admittedly it's not easy hanging in limbo.

Meanwhile, hope Mick is doing well, and continues to do whatever he's doing to get to where he wants to be.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 24, 2019 03:40

Hairball
mpj200

As much as I would love to hear something, that's my feeling also. And as far as I'm concerned, everything is still hanging in the balance for a variety of reasons.
Something tells me they might do an abbreviated version of the mini-tour. Cancel some of the shows and reschedule the rest which might make it easier for Mick and the band.
Still holding out hope that some shows happen at all (and holding on to tickets) until further notice, though admittedly it's not easy hanging in limbo.

Meanwhile, hope Mick is doing well, and continues to do whatever he's doing to get to where he wants to be.

I hope they happen but if pushed to 2020 I would be just as happy. My August and September dance card is getting very full. Clapton in SF and Vegas and Ben Harper in Philly, NY, Boston, Portland and Santa Barbara from last week of August until mid September.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 24, 2019 04:32

What's the deal with Ben Harper? Who is he anyway? Worth five shows?

plexi

Date: April 24, 2019 04:37

daspyknows
Hairball
mpj200

I hope they happen but if pushed to 2020 I would be just as happy. My August and September dance card is getting very full. Clapton in SF and Vegas and Ben Harper in Philly, NY, Boston, Portland and Santa Barbara from last week of August until mid September.

The thought of seeing Clapton is always tantalizing, but the prices seem to be in the extreme starting with the last tour - had a ticket for the Forum, but it was postponed and I couldn't make it to the rescheduled dates.
I've seen him about a dozen times in the past though beginning with the ARMS Benefit in '83 w/Beck and Page, et al, a bunch of times solo, and also his tour with Steve Winwood (the Hollywood Bowl show was fantastic).
The Crossroads Fest in Sept. sounds intriguing, but couldn't work it out. Still might sniff around for a decent ticket in either SF or Vegas, but it's not high on my priority list right now.

*I know Ben Harper is playing at the beautiful/historical Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara on Sept. 13, but that's the same date as the Clapton show in Vegas - are you aware of this?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 24, 2019 04:39

kovach
swimtothemoon
Cooltoplady
kovach
steffialicia
I am very concerned about the weather in Florida. I sincerely wish they'd do their Florida gigs at the end of the tour. Even October is iffy but September...not a good choice.

Not ideal but the chance for a hurricane in that precise location on that exact date is extremely small.

There’s a bigger chance of the drunk sitting next to you causing more disruption. That’s stuff to worry about

But if there is a hurricane moving in the direction of Florida - it would be crazy to setup the stage and encourage fans to travel to the area.

True.

Went to the San Francisco Licks show that almost got canceled due to storms that almost turned into the first hurricane there in decades. Half the power was out the day before, but the show went on (and the weather turned beautiful just before showtime).

Mick even thanked the crew for being able to get the stage up during all that.

I have been to several Stones shows with the threat of rain brewing, most of them in the Bay Area. Never happened. I can't remember exactly which shows, but Bridges at the Oakland Coliseum Stadium comes to mind. I think that both of the two I attended (out of the four they did) had rain before and/or after, but it was just magical -- it never came down when the Stones were on stage. Uncanny. Even the press commented on the magic of the rock gods. My personal opinion is that Keith waved his "medicine stick" at the heavens and that quieted the storms. I would assume the same would happen with any threats of acts of nature or acts of god, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, BAH HUMBUG!!!

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-24 04:42 by timbernardis.

Date: April 24, 2019 05:09

Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
mpj200

The thought of seeing Clapton is always tantalizing, but the prices seem to be in the extreme starting with the last tour - had a ticket for the Forum, but it was postponed and I couldn't make it to the rescheduled dates.
I've seen him about a dozen times in the past though beginning with the ARMS Benefit in '83 w/Beck and Page, et al, a bunch of times solo, and also his tour with Steve Winwood (the Hollywood Bowl show was fantastic).
The Crossroads Fest in Sept. sounds intriguing, but couldn't work it out. Still might sniff around for a decent ticket in either SF or Vegas, but it's not high on my priority list right now.

*I know Ben Harper is playing at the beautiful/historical Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara on Sept. 13, but that's the same date as the Clapton show in Vegas - are you aware of this?

shoot got the dates switched up. tix to both.

Date: April 24, 2019 05:41

Haha - sorry for laughing daspy, but I've done similar...was in Hawaii once when it dawned on me I had Steely Dan tix in L.A. for that night!
Never had tickets to two different shows for the same night though lol...

Even funnier, my wife and I had tix for the Temptations (or what was left of them) at the Universal Ampitheater about a decade ago.
Arrived at Universal City Walk, had dinner, etc., made our way over to the entrance of the venue (which was awkwardly quiet), and was then told by an attendant that the show was the night before - we totally missed it! grinning smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 24, 2019 06:12

I know many people that have gone through similar circumstances. They all seem to have recovered well but none of them were 100% within a few months. The volume and mayhem of a Stones show would be disorienting for even the most skilled performer. I think you folks are shortchanging what an intense job it is to front this show. With the stress of what has happened, including whatever unknown incidents occurred leading up to this it's unreasonable to jump in right away. He's a great guy, it's not as simple like fixing a car. There's a dad, grand dad,friend and artist in that package. Fans seem selfish here.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 24, 2019 06:16

babyblue

I think it's a wake-up call (or should be) to those of us are half Sir Mick's age and twice as fat.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: April 24, 2019 06:33

I have been to many a Stones concert where it rained all day and into the evening, but miraculously stopped just before the Stones took the stage. But the first Steel Wheels concert in Philly, it poured rain hard throughout the concert, and it was windy. The sound was badly affected by the wind. Lots of cold, wet people sitting about. I was up and dancing the whole time, so I was quite warm and enjoyed the show despite the nasty weather.

Date: April 24, 2019 06:40

timbernardis
What's the deal with Ben Harper? Who is he anyway? Worth five shows?

plexi

For me, absolutely. Great music, he is an amazing person and very approachable. Last year he toured with Charlie Musselwhite and I caught 6 shows and wish I saw more. Also saw one show with his band The Innocent Criminals. This year he is touring with The Innocent Criminals and doing solo acoustic shows. Very different music than the Rolling Stones. A blend of rock, blues, reggae ,gospel, funk and soul. One of a few artists who I get on a plane to see. Check him out.

Date: April 24, 2019 06:45

Hairball
Haha - sorry for laughing daspy, but I've done similar...was in Hawaii once when it dawned on me I had Steely Dan tix in L.A. for that night!

Even funnier, my wife and I had tix for the Temptations (or what was left of them) at the Universal Ampitheater about a decade ago.
Arrived at Universal City Walk, had dinner, etc., made our way over to the entrance of the venue (which was awkwardly quiet), and was then told by an attendant that the show was the night before - we totally missed it! grinning smiley

I fully expect to have 3 shows that day when the tour is rescheduled. For me it is more about making sure all the shows are recorded. I will do Santa Barbara and sell the Vegas Clapton extra. My friend who I was with at Nick Mason will do Ben at Hollywood Bowl and Clapton in Vegas. I will do Clapton in SF and Ben in Santa Barbara. Les wear and tear on me. SF to Santa Barbara to Vegas in 3 days is a lot of driving.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 24, 2019 07:37

Hairball

OMG, not to one-up ya Hairball, but I missed .38 Special by one week. It's pretty funny especially when they apologize.confused smiley

Date: April 24, 2019 07:42

shattered
Hairball

OMG, not to one-up ya Hairball, but I missed .38 Special by one week. It's pretty funny especially when they apologize.confused smiley

My all time best was going to Yoshi's which is a dinner Jazz Club. Had dinner then went to pick up will call tickets. They didn't have them under my name. I said there must be a mistake, check again. There was an order for someone who'se last name was my first name so they gave us the tickets. When the band came out I was like who is this. I recorded show and went back the next day. Too many shows.

Date: April 24, 2019 07:48

daspyknows
Hairball

I fully expect to have 3 shows that day when the tour is rescheduled. For me it is more about making sure all the shows are recorded. I will do Santa Barbara and sell the Vegas Clapton extra. My friend who I was with at Nick Mason will do Ben at Hollywood Bowl and Clapton in Vegas. I will do Clapton in SF and Ben in Santa Barbara. Les wear and tear on me. SF to Santa Barbara to Vegas in 3 days is a lot of driving.

Plenty of tix still available for the Harper/Arlington show at very reasonable prices - might see you there. thumbs up
And if you get to town early enough and like authentic Mexican food, I highly recommend La Super-Rica Taqueria - a small building/hole-in-the-wall on Milpas - muy bueno!

But back on topic...postponements, reschedules, hotels, hurricanes, heart valves, etc.

Get well Mick. thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 24, 2019 13:44

JadedFaded
I have been to many a Stones concert where it rained all day and into the evening, but miraculously stopped just before the Stones took the stage. But the first Steel Wheels concert in Philly, it poured rain hard throughout the concert, and it was windy. The sound was badly affected by the wind. Lots of cold, wet people sitting about. I was up and dancing the whole time, so I was quite warm and enjoyed the show despite the nasty weather.

My first show in Boulder 1978 there was a big lightning storm after Kansas played. It was short lived & the sun came out just before the Stones came on.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 24, 2019 15:06

DeanGoodman
babyblue

I think it's a wake-up call (or should be) to those of us are half Sir Mick's age and twice as fat.

Sound of crickets from the Americansgrinning smiley
I kid, I kid.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: April 24, 2019 15:20

What if this was a good thing?

First of all Mick's problem got caught in time and with the prediction of FULL recovery. Plus Mick being Mick, that's probably 105% recovery!

This could be a "wake up call" of sorts for the band in terms of getting the new album actually done! As well as not slowing down touring but doing it while they can and have the offers they like.

Heck, we might even see Keith take up cardio as a preventive measure... okay I'm kidding ;-)

I can't wait to see Mick back on stage doing what he does best (yeah except counting money or whatever ;-)

And for creating some new vibes around this. Maybe we should have a thread for a set list of Stones songs with a heart theme for a possible heart health charity show :-)

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 24, 2019 15:57

Just came back from my morning 50 minute brisk walk. This is only part of what I do 6 days a week. As I was walking, it really registered with me that Mick is doing what I am doing for more than twice as long, with bursts of running, and singing well at the same time. He is 9 years older than me. I so admire him. I've said it before and I'll say it again...besides loving him, he is also my HERO. Unbelievable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-24 15:59 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 24, 2019 16:27

We've had so much rain in Massachusetts Spring/Summer/Fall doesn't matter we could get wet. Buffalo 2015 was an absolutely beautiful day!! And we got CYHMK

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 24, 2019 16:40

Hairball

Arrived at Universal City Walk, had dinner, etc., made our way over to the entrance of the venue (which was awkwardly quiet), and was then told by an attendant that the show was the night before - we totally missed it!
grinning smiley

I can relate, but I had the opposite happen. A friend of mine gave me a pair of tickets to see Michael Jackson at the L.A. Sports Arena (must be close to 30 years ago). It was a rescheduled show so the dates on the tickets were wrong. When we arrived, I knew something was wrong, it was too quite. When we got to the entrance, we saw that there was a USC basketball game going on, we were told that the show we had tickets for was the following week...at least we didn't miss the show.

Date: April 24, 2019 17:40

Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball

Plenty of tix still available for the Harper/Arlington show at very reasonable prices - might see you there. thumbs up
And if you get to town early enough and like authentic Mexican food, I highly recommend La Super-Rica Taqueria - a small building/hole-in-the-wall on Milpas - muy bueno!

But back on topic...postponements, reschedules, hotels, hurricanes, heart valves, etc.

Get well Mick. thumbs up

Reach out, have a few extras. Bought a single then a better pair so open to selling either.

Date: April 24, 2019 20:05

daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball

Get well Mick. thumbs up

Reach out, have a few extras. Bought a single then a better pair so open to selling either.

OK will keep in mind, but have to double check calendar for that night to make sure I don't double or triple book anything! winking smiley

PS - You probably know that Ben Harper is from Pomona, Ca. next to Claremont. When I was attending Claremont Graduate University, I used to occasionally pop in to the Folk Music Center in downtown Claremont to browse around and for open mic night. Found out that Ben Harper owns it, his mom manages it, and was originally owned by his grandparents. Cool shop, and if you're ever out that way a nice place to check out. Folk Music Center

Was hoping to read some new info regarding the Mick and/or Stones, etc, but evidently we're at the same place we've been since Mick was photographed in New York.
Hoping he continues to recover which I'm sure he is, while I'll continue to wait patiently for any news and updates.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home