Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 116
Re: Tour Postponed : The Rolling Stones No Filter Summer Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 25, 2019 15:43

I think BV is just being realistic ...and felt the need to state what should to most folks be blindingly obvious.

That being the requirement, from the time of Mick's "all clear" when he gets it, to reschedule something akin to a small invasion !

[In fact it's worse than arranging an invasion ...because you don't have to check the availability of the invaded territories or ask their permission to attack ]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 25, 2019 15:45

The tickets are already sold, to current named venues. Unlike an airliner, where you may get another seat upon boarding, in case they replaced the current airplane with a different one, it does not make any sense to ask ticket buyers to go to another venue or another seat or another city. It is either tour on or tour off. That is why the task of rescheduling is complicated. There are also legal contracts involved, not really on a napkin, but rather formal and binding with terms.

Rescheduling the seven Australia and New Zealand shows in 2014 with new dates seven months later was a smaller task, still not easy. It took almost a month, from that tour was postponed on Mar 19, until the new dates were announced on Apr 15. Most of the venues were indoor, and they added two more shows to cover for extra expenses.

Now it is a much more complicated picture. We are talking about mostly outdoor venues, different climate conditions, two times as many shows, four times larger venues, US $10 million estimated ticket sales per venue, and a complicated logistics puzzle. I am not pessimistic, I am realistic. I hope they find a way to sort out the rescheduled tour, but I do keep in mind the complexity of the task, so that the news about the tour will not be to surprising, whenever they get official.

Bjornulf

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 16:03

SomeTorontoGirl
bv
It isn't really rocket science. The more days this takes the more the chance is that it is too complicated...

Bjornulf, it sounds as though you are becoming pessimistic about rescheduling the tour this year...

To be honest, I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing. If it was moved to say, next Spring, Mick would very likely be fully recovered and back up to full fitness. Also much easier to book suitable venues that far ahead, even the very same ones.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2019 16:05

bv

That is why the task of rescheduling is complicated.

What are actually the drawbacks of rescheduling the whole Tour simply to 2020 - same venues, same date range?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 25, 2019 16:25

5stringTele
Even if the doctors were to clear Mick today, he'd be wise to spend a month or two of daily jogging at his previous pace. Nobody wants him to discover a few weeks into a tour that he hasn't recovered the stamina required for a tour. We don't want him to be sitting on a stool on the corner of the stage, softly humming our favorite tunes. Mick needs to run around the stage and runways while singing his lungs out for two hours.

I get the impression that some people want him on stage, even if he has to sing from a hospital bed.

Absolutly right, let Mick recover, the most important thing!

Date: April 25, 2019 16:26

bv
The tickets are already sold, to current named venues. Unlike an airliner, where you may get another seat upon boarding, in case they replaced the current airplane with a different one, it does not make any sense to ask ticket buyers to go to another venue or another seat or another city. It is either tour on or tour off. That is why the task of rescheduling is complicated. There are also legal contracts involved, not really on a napkin, but rather formal and binding with terms.

Rescheduling the seven Australia and New Zealand shows in 2014 with new dates seven months later was a smaller task, still not easy. It took almost a month, from that tour was postponed on Mar 19, until the new dates were announced on Apr 15. Most of the venues were indoor, and they added two more shows to cover for extra expenses.

Now it is a much more complicated picture. We are talking about mostly outdoor venues, different climate conditions, two times as many shows, four times larger venues, US $10 million estimated ticket sales per venue, and a complicated logistics puzzle. I am not pessimistic, I am realistic. I hope they find a way to sort out the rescheduled tour, but I do keep in mind the complexity of the task, so that the news about the tour will not be to surprising, whenever they get official.

I am sure Joyce does not sleep since the tour was postponed.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 25, 2019 16:35

bv

And again, the doctors have to give a clearenance to Mick. That will not be overnight. If it take maybe 2 months, from then on the organisation can try to book stadiums and so on.smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley
Maybe not good for my planning, or anybody else, but we have to live with it unfortunatly.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 25, 2019 17:15

And it might all be sorted but waiting on medical clearance before they commit themselves to another tour that would risk cancellation should clearance or insurance not be granted.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 25, 2019 17:33

Irix
bv

What are actually the drawbacks of rescheduling the whole Tour simply to 2020 - same venues, same date range?

The age.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 25, 2019 17:34

But jumpontopofmebaby said this was a no brainer. Schedules wide open at all venues and shows easily rescheduled.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 25, 2019 17:52

rogerriffin
Irix
bv

The age.

nah, I think they play until at least 80(Mick/Keith)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2019 18:20

Maindefender
rogerriffin
Irix
bv

The age.

nah, I think they play until at least 80 (Mick/Keith)

I think that too - when the Rolling Stones celebrate in 2023 their 60th Anniversary of Charlie's membership as well as 60 years of their 1st Single, then Mick & Keith are almost 80 years old, Ronnie will be 76 and Charlie 82 in June 2023.

Date: April 25, 2019 18:26

Irix
bv

The ticket buyers purchased tickets for a tour and shows in April/May/June 2019. If the "product purchased" i.e. the entire tour would be rescheduled for 12 months then I would assume there are a few challenges related to that, like holding on to customer money i.e. approx 150 million us dollars for an extra year, and so on.

Bjornulf

Date: April 25, 2019 18:29

daspyknows
But jumpontopofmebaby said this was a no brainer. Schedules wide open at all venues and shows easily rescheduled.

Really? Assuming the crew has nothing else booked for the rest of the year, and all five star hotels are wide open and available on all possible dates, also crew hotels, band appointments and so on? Nothing is a "no brainer" here, I think.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-25 18:30 by bv.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 25, 2019 18:30

Maindefender
rogerriffin
Irix
bv

The age.

In 2014 (NZ / AU) MJ was not sick, so they could agree on binding dates.

Now, before MJ is cleared by the doctors, they can not sign any final agreement on venues - they can do tentative agreements, but nothing final. And no venue will block dates just for the fun of it.

No insurance company wants to be involved with anything before Jagger is 100% cleared. They might like Stones a lot, but still this is +100 million USD business - so be patient. It might be this year / it might be next year.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 18:33

bv
Irix
bv

The ticket buyers purchased tickets for a tour and shows in April/May/June 2019. If the "product purchased" i.e. the entire tour would be rescheduled for 12 months then I would assume there are a few challenges related to that, like holding on to customer money i.e. approx 150 million us dollars for an extra year, and so on.

Yep, this is the biggest issue I think with rescheduling to 2020. The average fan is likely to cash in on their refund, and well I'm sure they would sell well if they put those refunded tickets back on sale at a later date, it's a risk to have to refund resale tickets, premium tickets, and even some of the more expensive face value tickets due to postponing a full year, if that were to happen.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 25, 2019 18:39

Dougratajczak87
bv
Irix
bv

Yep, this is the biggest issue I think with rescheduling to 2020. The average fan is likely to cash in on their refund, and well I'm sure they would sell well if they put those refunded tickets back on sale at a later date, it's a risk to have to refund resale tickets, premium tickets, and even some of the more expensive face value tickets due to postponing a full year, if that were to happen.

Ozzy Osbourne just did it.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 25, 2019 18:40

rogerriffin
Irix
bv

The age.

I think Charlie could call it quits with a year off.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 25, 2019 18:42

bv
daspyknows

Really? Assuming the crew has nothing else booked for the rest of the year, and all five star hotels are wide open and available on all possible dates, also crew hotels, band appointments and so on? Nothing is a "no brainer" here, I think.

I am with you BV. For the reasons you have noted. I was just following up on earlier thread comments.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 25, 2019 19:56

daspyknows
bv
daspyknows

I am with you BV. For the reasons you have noted. I was just following up on earlier thread comments.
\

Some people are clueless to what it take to put on a tour.

Date: April 25, 2019 20:38

If Mick is healthy it will happen. I still think Mick has not been 100% released.

When he is the dates will fly. And are probably already confirmed.

I say If you doubt that refund your tickets. And plan for next year

I am not clueless as to what it takes and neither are the people making this happen.

So. I will sit here and read all the post that say oh my football, hotels, etc.

Most of these problems existed when the planed it in the beginning

Never say you can’t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-25 23:11 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: April 25, 2019 20:44

It can takes many times to reschedule the tour. And it is not only due to logistic difficulties.

I think nothing is decided yet and nothing has been undertaken. The promoters and Stones camp will start finding new dates only once they are fully certain that Mick is ok at 100% (which can takes time).

I may be wrong.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 25, 2019 20:58

Maindefender
rogerriffin
Irix
bv

The age.

I think he's talking about our age!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 25, 2019 22:07

I know it's only rock and roll but i like it

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 22:24

rogerriffin
Irix
bv

The age.
Exactly.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 22:41

That’s why I’m getting a refund and going to McCartney

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 25, 2019 23:30

Straycat13

Enjoy.
I remember the days of having to choo$e between show$.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 00:42

Straycat13
He was great at Desert Trip....the secret is --surround yourself with 25-30 year old band members. (Mick does this but not with musicians!)smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: April 26, 2019 01:21

iraq0708
Straycat13
He was great at Desert Trip....the secret is --surround yourself with 25-30 year old band members. (Mick does this but not with musicians!)smiling bouncing smiley

Except Paul doesn't do that. He's had the same touring band for the past 18 years...Brian Ray (guitar/bass) is 64...Paul 'Wix' Wickens (keyboards) is 63...Rusty Anderson (guitar) is 60...and Abe Laboriel Jr. (drums) is 48.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 26, 2019 02:12

DeanGoodman
Maindefender
rogerriffin
Irix
bv

The age.

I think he's talking about our age!

Lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 116

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home