Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 50
Re: HONK - Limited Edition compilation out April 19
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:10

slewan

what did you expect? A critical edition meeting the philological state of the art?
It's just another hits collection plus a bonus CD being released at the beginning of a tour and ment to rip of fans

Meh.
We're talking less money than a t-shirt here, sign me up a couple versions of this.
The live cuts alone are worth it, and looking forward to the few alternate versions. The live tracks capture what The Rolling Stones do best, still, and are the reason they pack stadiums and are very much a relevant force. Fortunate to have been in attendance for a couple of them and from first (and some second winking smiley) listen they are fantastic! Going to buy cd's today, and looking forward to a red vinyl version from the shows.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:15

Irix
BowieStone

It also has the date of Wild Horses wrong. It's all very messy. Nobody checked or read what was printed. Principality Stadium with no city added to it, "Shine A Light Live at Arena, Amsterdam" but "Under My Thumb Live at London Stadium".

What's wrong with it? This list should be correct: [iorr.org] ?

The name of that arena is the Amsterdam Arena or even better: Johan Cruijff Arena.
“Live at arena” makes no sense.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:16

Just listen live tracks.
Well...
Floating, nothing transcendent.
And I can't stand Chuck playing anymore, sorry...

Mick is great.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 16:17 by powerage78.

Date: April 19, 2019 16:20

slewan
BowieStone
Matt1984

I really hope the physical release hasn’t made the mistake of saying this song was performed at the Arena.

It has. It also has the date of Wild Horses wrong. It's all very messy. Nobody checked or read what was printed. Principality Stadium with no city added to it, "Shine A Light Live at Arena, Amsterdam" but "Under My Thumb Live at London Stadium".

The booklet is packed with mistakes. Especially in the who played what section.

what did you expect? A critical edition meeting the philological state of the art?
It's just another hits collection plus a bonus CD being released at the beginning of a tour and ment to rip of fans

What a load of BS.
What’s wrong with expecting correct info?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:21

Just a millennial boy that found Jump Back and copied the design...

[www.debutart.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:23

I don't understand why some of you waste your energy complaining about every single misspelling or mistake in the linear notes. Couldn't care less about that. If the performances and the mixes are good (and they are) then I am happy.

Great to hear official versions of Mr. D and Under My Thumb, both songs that I heard on many concerts during the No Filter tour and that bring back great memories from opening night in Hamburg until my last concert in Prague.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 16:26 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:40

BowieStone

The name of that arena is the Amsterdam Arena or even better: Johan Cruijff Arena. “Live at arena” makes no sense.

The 'Amsterdam ArenA' (1996–2018) was renamed in Spring 2018 into 'Johan Cruijff ArenA' while the Stones played there on 30-Sep-2017 -- [nl.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:48

Wow that Doom And Gloom version rocks quite hard!!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:50

Was Doom And Gloom completely re-recorded in the February sessions? Sounds like it

Date: April 19, 2019 17:06

Irix
BowieStone

The name of that arena is the Amsterdam Arena or even better: Johan Cruijff Arena. “Live at arena” makes no sense.

The 'Amsterdam ArenA' (1996–2018) was renamed in Spring 2018 into 'Johan Cruijff ArenA' while the Stones played there on 30-Sep-2017 -- [nl.Wikipedia.org] .

It was already called Johan Cruijff Arena at the time, only it was not official yet. That was constantly pushed back
That’s why I said: “the name of the arena is the Amsterdam Arena.”

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 17:49

What is the booklet like? Many photos?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2019 17:58

BowieStone
slewan
BowieStone
Matt1984

I really hope the physical release hasn’t made the mistake of saying this song was performed at the Arena.

It has. It also has the date of Wild Horses wrong. It's all very messy. Nobody checked or read what was printed. Principality Stadium with no city added to it, "Shine A Light Live at Arena, Amsterdam" but "Under My Thumb Live at London Stadium".

What a load of BS.

my point is just that they rushed this compilation out and didn't have (or took) time to cross-check everything. Of course they should have done it!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 19, 2019 18:20

E N O U G H ...
A L R E A D Y

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 19, 2019 19:02

Honk, Honk, can anyone say how's the pictures in the booklet, anything interesting?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 19, 2019 19:11

IrelandCalling4

What is the booklet like? Many photos?

frankotero

Honk, Honk, can anyone say how's the pictures in the booklet, anything interesting?

Unboxing - The Rolling Stones: Honk 3CD Deluxe (SHM-CD) - [www.YouTube.com] .

Another 3CD-Unboxing: [www.YouTube.com] .

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: April 19, 2019 19:22

slewan
BowieStone
slewan
BowieStone
Matt1984

What a load of BS.

my point is just that they rushed this compilation out and didn't have (or took) time to cross-check everything. Of course they should have done it!

While I would ordinarily agree that level of professionalism is expected, historically speaking, Stones albums have always had misprints, incorrect song titles, etc on them dating all the way back to their first album.

That “oh, well” attitude is part of the reason we love them so much, is it not?

Date: April 19, 2019 19:38

Thank you lrix, very cool.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 20:00

Cool photos on the 3 CD deluxe; 2 CD deluxe just the booklet I guess. Overall nice packaging though.

Date: April 19, 2019 20:29

Of course I will get the 3CD version tomorrow when the stores are open here in Germany, not today though.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: April 19, 2019 20:36

I have n idea when i will get mine, cause i ordered it through the RS online store.
Blue And Lonesome came 2-3 weeks after the release date, i hope ill get mine next week.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 19, 2019 20:57

Terrible version of Get Off Of My Cloud on it: I prefer the San Diego version.

Date: April 19, 2019 20:58

Yesterday I looked in "M" Mueller and Media Markt where I live but no luck. Sometimes they put them out in a case like this, but no luck this time.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 19, 2019 21:04

I wonder when I'll get mine. I ordered from the online store. Hope it's soon!

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: April 19, 2019 21:53

Karlos123
makustone
I'm listening to HONK on Spotify and I notice that Doom And Gloom and Ride 'Em On Down are different versions of the original ones! Especially in Ride 'Em On Down Mick sings it differently and harmonica solo is different! For these things I love the Stones more than my life! Did anyone notice something different in other songs on the album?

You‘re right - noticed differences in Doom and Gloom as well. Intonation in the second verse is different (garbage dump, end up drunk). I like this version! Even more aggressive!

And Charlie is playing as well, not the Band-In-A-Box kind of thing they used on GRRR!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 19, 2019 22:04

frankotero
Yesterday I looked in "M" Mueller and Media Markt where I live but no luck. Sometimes they put them out in a case like this, but no luck this time.
In Portugal it was in some stores at April 17

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 22:42

MacLaurens
Karlos123
makustone
I'm listening to HONK on Spotify and I notice that Doom And Gloom and Ride 'Em On Down are different versions of the original ones! Especially in Ride 'Em On Down Mick sings it differently and harmonica solo is different! For these things I love the Stones more than my life! Did anyone notice something different in other songs on the album?

You‘re right - noticed differences in Doom and Gloom as well. Intonation in the second verse is different (garbage dump, end up drunk). I like this version! Even more aggressive!

And Charlie is playing as well, not the Band-In-A-Box kind of thing they used on GRRR!

Are you shure this isn't the normal Grrr Version? I haven't heard Honk now but the Grrr Version was different to the YouTube/single Version. I Just can't believe we have a third version now

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 19, 2019 22:54

HONK review:
There is something for everybody here.
I have already carved out my 3 keepers for my particular taste,
if you have other favorite flavors of the RS,
that is here too
thumbs up

I may have more than 3, thank you Rolling Stones !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 22:55 by 35love.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:10

Photo book did not airbrush out Bill . . . ha ha.

Anybody else having problems with Mac and CD player unable to read/display song titles on disc 2 and 3? Have not seen this problem before on a non-bootleg. Mac iTunes also thinks disc 1 is Japanese single disc version.

I'm in the US in case that makes a difference.

HBK

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:21

hockenheim95
MacLaurens
Karlos123
makustone

Are you shure this isn't the normal Grrr Version? I haven't heard Honk now but the Grrr Version was different to the YouTube/single Version. I Just can't believe we have a third version now

I listened to both versions on Spotify:

Doom and Gloom is the GRRR! version. The other version used for the music video and lyric video is the Jeff Bahasker remix, which has a different lead vocal and the music I'm not too sure is different as well and Ride 'Em On Down is the EXACT version from BLUE & LONESOME. So unless you can post exactly what you're hearing, than they're both the same on HONK.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:30

JordyLicks96
hockenheim95
MacLaurens
Karlos123
makustone

I listened to both versions on Spotify:

Doom and Gloom is the GRRR! version. The other version used for the music video and lyric video is the Jeff Bahasker remix, which has a different lead vocal and the music I'm not too sure is different as well and Ride 'Em On Down is the EXACT version from BLUE & LONESOME. So unless you can post exactly what you're hearing, than they're both the same on HONK.

You may be right there about DaG. I also tried to find differences with REOD but couldn't find any. It is the same version.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home