Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 15, 2018 21:41

reg thorpe
go ahead

bite the big apple

don't mind the maggots

if you don't like NY, don't go.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 15, 2018 21:50

smileys with beer
Cristiano Radtke
Hairball
NeverMakeASaintOfMe
This was just posted to their instagram. [www.instagram.com]

Oh my - this is great!!!

"Billboard on Hallandale Beach Blvd. & I-95!"

[www.instagram.com]

I was in Miami yesterday and took the turnpike from Stuart and not I-95- Thanks!!!!! GreaaT!!!!! Yes! One more toast smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 15, 2018 21:53

Hotel prices around Soldier Field already increased a lot.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: November 15, 2018 22:04

Chris Fountain
For those attending the April 20 Saturday Night Miami concert, the stadium is located in crime ridden Miami Gardens. South Florida folks only go to Miami Gardens just to attend concerts and football games. Beware of fake tix if you decide to deal with scalpers, They will be out in force.

I recommend booking a hotel west of the venue. I can't recommend the beach hotels because I'm not sure of the College Spring Break schedule at this point, which could interfere in financially planned trips . Also. parking at Hard Rock stadium is plenty but will cost 20-30 dollars. However, it is well marked and it will be easy to find other ioorians.

Do not take taxis as they are too expensive.

Uber and Lyft are certainly available but undependable.

A rental car is advisable where tail gating in the warm weather among the Palm Trees is inviting and pleasing.

Thanks, Chris!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 15, 2018 22:08

JumpinJeppeFlash

They haven’t said a date yet

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 15, 2018 22:09

thistrain9900
Just got an email from NRG Stadium in Houston about upcoming shows and at the bottom of the list was the famous tongue logo!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 15, 2018 22:23

Cooltoplady
JumpinJeppeFlash

And there's also a million hotels in and around Chicago.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 15, 2018 22:37

OneHourPhoto
snoopy2
Donnebr
I hope your right about Philadelphia

It hit the solid rumor list smiling smiley

Glad I was wrong about Miami, but I'm still sticking with D.C. and Phoenix for my final 2 bet if they go to 16 (with 2 shows in Chicago) tho Canada would be awesome

I say NO to DC, Phoenix and Vancouver

With any additional shows coming from within the "tagged" cities that showed up with the RS tongue

Phoenix and DC! I'm not right often.. man I shoulda laid some money down on this one, but I thought maybe I was sixes and sevens and nines (p.s. Thanks BV!!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 22:50 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 15, 2018 23:05

It could be a coincidence, but the Pasadena Hilton is sold out the night of May 10, and all of the mid-level chain hotels in/around Old Town are in the $300-400+ range.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 15, 2018 23:10

Cooltoplady
JumpinJeppeFlash

Chicago will be the last two shows of the tour, probably around june 21 & 25.

Date: November 15, 2018 23:21

Chicago

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 15, 2018 23:23

Hotels in Boston got crazy for the weekend before the supposed first MetLife show. Just saying.

You can actually get a better deal for a hotel in Chicago around June 20 (which is the likely date for the first Chicago show).

Chicago's got the Lake Shake (June 21-23) with 60,000 people just next door and maybe the Stones dates might not interfere with that.

So maybe the Chicago dates are June 20 and June 24?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 15, 2018 23:29

Well if someone figures out the Bay Area show date can you whisper it in my ear before everyone else so I can get a decent hotel rate?
Crooks.

Sorry for my OT overshare about Denver, but my spin with it ended up helping my Dad, whom I have always adored and he himself has never ever religiously judged me for the straight record.

Carry on thank you

Date: November 15, 2018 23:40

Man.....Looks like Houston in April!!!

Denver in May!!!

Chicago in June!!!!!!!

Holy SHEEET that make it easy for me as far as work goes

SHHAAAAAAADDDDDOOOOBBBBIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 15, 2018 23:43

georgeV
mosthigh
Seems like it's at least 3 days between shows, based on the limited dates posted. That would put Seattle at about Saturday May 18.

Not sure what else is going on there that weekend, but hotels sure seem in high demand - but it always seems that way every time I go for a show there, jeez...

If that is the date, when they do announce it, it's gonna be a shark tank getting a room at a decent price.

That is long weekend in Canada so hotels may have raised prices for Canadian tourists and the Mariners are playing too. The prices look high the weekend before, as well.

Are we assuming the rumored show list is the actual order the shows will happen?

I'm going to assume at least the south and west coast routing is correct. [This is pure speculation on my part]: Glendale the 6th, Pasadena the 10th, Santa Clara the 14th, and, as I mentioned, Seattle the 18th.

Don't blame me if I'm wrong, but booking a refundable room around these respective dates wouldn't be crazy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-15 23:54 by mosthigh.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 15, 2018 23:48

This is so exciting. I hope I can go to one of the shows.

Date: November 15, 2018 23:50

Topi
Hotels in Boston got crazy for the weekend before the supposed first MetLife show. Just saying.

You can actually get a better deal for a hotel in Chicago around June 20 (which is the likely date for the first Chicago show).

Chicago's got the Lake Shake (June 21-23) with 60,000 people just next door and maybe the Stones dates might not interfere with that.

So maybe the Chicago dates are June 20 and June 24?

Thursday then a Monday

Surly at least one of the shows would be a Friday or a Saturday

I would think the 2nd show worst case is a weekend. Would help ticket sales

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-16 00:18 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: imjoshwatson ()
Date: November 15, 2018 23:56

Just booked 2 rooms for May 1st and May 2 at the avenue plaza resort in New Orleans. $340 for both nights. Looks like there are pretty reasonable priced rooms in the garden district available for those nights

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()

stickyfingers101
DREAMTIME
I pray they keep the tour driveable. I don't care for zig zag flying.

Well, if you want to see the WHOLE tour, then you're gonna be driving a lot....the US is massive.

Peter Pan Bus should be fine to get you to the East Coast Shows

Greyhound can get you all over the place as well.

Amtrak is OK, but not very price-effective.
well I certainly would NOT rely on the bus or Amtrak to get anywhere on time. Ever. Rent a car. Don't go cheap, you'll be sorry.

Posted by: thistrain ()

So these rumored dates are occuring every 4 days, from April 20 to 24 to May 2. That should make the Houston show April 28. The 2 NJ shows are 4 days apart as well. Thanks for making the screenshot Cristiano, I couldn't figure out how to do that!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 15, 2018 23:59

mosthigh
georgeV
mosthigh
Seems like it's at least 3 days between shows, based on the limited dates posted. That would put Seattle at about Saturday May 18.

Not sure what else is going on there that weekend, but hotels sure seem in high demand - but it always seems that way every time I go for a show there, jeez...

If that is the date, when they do announce it, it's gonna be a shark tank getting a room at a decent price.

That is long weekend in Canada so hotels may have raised prices for Canadian tourists and the Mariners are playing too. The prices look high the weekend before, as well.

Are we assuming the rumored show list is the actual order the shows will happen?

I'm going to assume at least the south and west coast routing is correct. [THIS IS PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART]: Glendale the 6th, Pasadena the 10th, Santa Clara the 14th, and, as I mentioned, Seattle the 18th.

Don't blame me if I'm wrong, but booking a refundable room around these respective dates wouldn't be crazy.

If some of our IORRians in Northern California say a weeknight curfew of 10pm in Santa Clara, I'd tighten this to 3-day hops...

Glendale 5-5
Pasadena 5-8
Santa Clara 5-11

This would get Santa Clara the weekend, later curfew... 11pm?

Don't forget the 5-7 day break in the tour, which the last few years would run right up to the 1-month mark after opening night... a break in LA sounds like a possibility to me.

Christmas is comin' early, folks... I love it!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 16, 2018 00:01

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a tour!

Might go a little crazy and make two trips over the pond for this one...

Great times on the horizon!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 00:06

TKinOH

If some of our IORRians in Northern California say a weeknight curfew of 10pm in Santa Clara, I'd tighten this to 3-day hops...

Glendale 5-5
Pasadena 5-8
Santa Clara 5-11

This would get Santa Clara the weekend, later curfew... 11pm?

Don't forget the 5-7 day break in the tour, which the last few years would run right up to the 1-month mark after opening night... a break in LA sounds like a possibility to me.

Christmas is comin' early, folks... I love it!

I don't think they do many 3-days anymore and certainly not 3 in a row like this. Recently it's been mostly at least 4 days so I'd expect these to be more spread out.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 16, 2018 00:24

Being selfish, really hoping Levi Stadium is the 9th or after the 19th since I will be in London for Clapton. That said, if it happens will either do Phoenix, NY or Chicago.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 16, 2018 00:32

I could've sworn that someone quite forcibly insisted that MSG was "locked in" because it was "their home" and that we would all see and that "the apologies will be expected!".

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 16, 2018 00:38

daspyknows
Being selfish, really hoping Levi Stadium is the 9th or after the 19th since I will be in London for Clapton. That said, if it happens will either do Phoenix, NY or Chicago.

I think the 11th is a good bet for Levi's as it has to be a Saturday night there for the later curfew and to make parking and hotels reasonable. Plus, if May 2 is New Orleans and there and there are three days between each show and Pasadena is before Levi's......I think you are set.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 16, 2018 00:38

MSG is their home, Ziggodome is their dome. winking smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:03

Hairball
bv

I hope to have the complete list available soon, meanwhile working hard on the missing bits and pieces.

I see list has been updated with Glendale/Phoenix, AZ added to the Rumoured shows!

If all comes true, I'm leaning towards making this a triple whammy...back to back to back - Phx./Pasadena/SF - a holy trinity...or a devils triangle.
Having lived near Phoenix for a year when I was a teen, I can vouch that it can be hotter than hell out there. It might be reminiscent of Desert Trip...hot and dry...desert style.

bv
The list is complete

Thanks Bjornulf - now just waiting on dates to be filled in to start making plans. hot smiley

what about Denver Eric?

plexi

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:09

Miami show for me,nothing like opening night,full of surprises,see you there...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2018 01:14

Kennedy
It could be a coincidence, but the Pasadena Hilton is sold out the night of May 10, and all of the mid-level chain hotels in/around Old Town are in the $300-400+ range.

Not sure where you're looking, but the official site has plenty of availability for the 10th, as does just about every other site averaging just below $200/night - Hilton Pasadena Official

And via Trip Advisor which lists multiple sites: Hilton Pasadena

Even the 4 star Westin and Sheraton are available at around $200.

And there are plenty of mid-level chain hotels in/around Old Town that are still hovering around $100 give or take.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home