Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: November 14, 2018 13:22

Miami seems like it would make sense, as the tour might be announced on Friday, November 16... the same day as the release of Voodoo Lounge Uncut, filmed live in Miami 1994.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 14, 2018 13:29

Tongue sightings in Philadelphia as well, as per Shidoobee Facebook group.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 14, 2018 13:49

babyblue
Think last two dates will be :
Vancouver, BC
Toronto, Ont....

I'm going with Vancouver, Philadelphia and Toronto.

Bjornulf mentioned that there may be 16 shows..
This would make 15, with an open date to add a second show (dependent on sales) in Chicago, Boston or LA. cool smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 14, 2018 14:08

MisterDDDD
babyblue
Think last two dates will be :
Vancouver, BC
Toronto, Ont....

I'm going with Vancouver, Philadelphia and Toronto.

Bjornulf mentioned that there may be 16 shows..
This would make 15, with an open date to add a second show (dependent on sales) in Chicago, Boston or LA. cool smiley

you should come down to seattle! smoking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 14, 2018 14:48

I have to go to Miami Lakes today. The stadium can be seen from the Florida Turn Pike - I will check to see if there are any Tongues or ask others for any sightings.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 14, 2018 14:55

Cleveland, huh? Any chance?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 14, 2018 15:20

noughties
Cleveland, huh? Any chance?

C'mon Stones....give Cleveland some love!!

the Browns have won one in a row...they deserve it!

Go Brownies!!!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 14, 2018 15:38

Some talk on Facebook saying Chicago will get two shows, and that those would be the last ones, after MetLife.

We'll see.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: November 14, 2018 15:59

Cristiano Radtke
1985jayer
another Tongue spotted just now in Chicago, by the United Center on Madison Street seems like an odd place to put a logo. Maybe a show at United Center and Soldier Field also? The plot thickens in Chicago

"Are the Rolling Stones coming to the United Center? They're mouth logo is on the floor at every parking lot."

[twitter.com]

My Chicago theory is two shows. They announce Soldier field first, sell 85% out, then announce the United Center show. The UC show will be a premium price show, sell out immediately being the only indoors of tour, it holds 22,000, largest indoor arena in the USA. I just saw Radiohead and Gorillaz at UC, they upgraded the sound and it's amazing now. It's like when I saw the Milwaukee zip code, smallest of tour, heard champagne and reefer with buddy guy, then went to Indy and it was a massive setting. Sweet home Chicago

Date: November 14, 2018 16:16

This could be the last time....this could be the last time.....maybe the last time

I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!

What I do know is there is 14 to 16 US cities that are about to have The Rolling Stones come and blow them away and blow the roof off places that have them!

At lease one more time!!

LETS GET GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 14, 2018 16:26

BV...

I'm sure I speak for all of us here on IORR, especially those following this thread so closely right now, when I say a heartfelt "Thank You" for all your info, advice and efforts.

We know you're busy helping us prepare in leading up to the announcement and ticket sales, and our travel arrangements and plans...

We appreciate this site and all you're doing for your fellow Stones fans!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 14, 2018 16:32

Perhaps tour may be 28 shows in USA. 14 from April thru mid June and 2 mos off and 14 more late August thru late October. It kind of makes sense if you’re pushing album/ ticket bundle.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 14, 2018 17:27

Bashlets
Perhaps tour may be 28 shows in USA. 14 from April thru mid June and 2 mos off and 14 more late August thru late October. It kind of makes sense if you’re pushing album/ ticket bundle.

Ummm, no. With an age range of what will be 72-78, I can't see it. These are old men, long past state retirement age. They'll go at a pace of their choosing.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 14, 2018 17:46

grzegorz67
Bashlets

Ummm, no. With an age range of what will be 72-78, I can't see it. These are old men, long past state retirement age. They'll go at a pace of their choosing.

The current setup works. 2 shows a week, 14-15 shows tops is just right.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 14, 2018 17:51

timbernardis
Woz
It will be good to see the Stones in Oakland again!

It may not be Oakland, but the City or Santa Clara.

plexi

Hopefully not Oakland but SF or Santa Clara. Oakland Coliseum is a shithole, awful traffic getting there and they rip you off every way possible, from parking to what you can bring in.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 14, 2018 17:54

Bashlets

No, 14 to 16 shows will be it. Sorry. maybe in 2 years the other bit.
Jeroen

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 14, 2018 18:03

Hopefully they have a great tour in the states as I’m sure they will and possibly go to South America and Japan in the early part of 2020

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 14, 2018 18:11

Are you planning on catching any shows, Nate?

Date: November 14, 2018 18:16

Gaetzi
Are you planning on catching any shows, Nate?

I hope so yes but I have an issue with obtaining a visa to enter the states so I must wait and see.
What about yourself?

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-14 18:17 by Nate.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 14, 2018 18:20

Stonesfan13
So 16 may be the number now how about Detroit I think that would be great!

No, they played Comerica last time. That tour was sort of "little big cities" like Detroit, Indy and Pittsburgh.This one appears to be all big cities where they haven't played in 4-5 years or more

Date: November 14, 2018 18:28

I guess it's all dependent on the specific dates but planning on Denver, New Orleans, LA and either SF or Chicago. Maybe NY.

I live in Denver, if you can make it happen I'd be happy to show you around our fine city. Legal pot and the Rocky Mountains, its a good place to visit!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-14 18:29 by Gaetzi.

Date: November 14, 2018 18:43

Gaetzi
I guess it's all dependent on the specific dates but planning on Denver, New Orleans, LA and either SF or Chicago. Maybe NY.

I live in Denver, if you can make it happen I'd be happy to show you around our fine city. Legal pot and the Rocky Mountains, its a good place to visit!

Thanks for the offer I hope to make it over to the states and seeing the Rockies would be very cool indeed.
If only pot was legal in my country then I wouldn’t have this ridiculous visa issue in the first place.
I got busted smoking a joint in Trafalgar Square London over 20 years ago and because of that I got denied access to the U.S.A when I wanted to visit 5 years ago.

Nate

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 14, 2018 18:52

Nate
Gaetzi

Thanks for the offer I hope to make it over to the states and seeing the Rockies would be very cool indeed.
If only pot was legal in my country then I wouldn’t have this ridiculous visa issue in the first place.
I got busted smoking a joint in Trafalgar Square London over 20 years ago and because of that I got denied access to the U.S.A when I wanted to visit 5 years ago.

Nate

Nate I hope you do come to Denver I may need deprogrammed and I could reprogram w/ you smoking smiley my own joke
We need a party in Denver let’s go—-

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 14, 2018 19:00

jumpontopofmebaby
This could be the last time....this could be the last time.....maybe the last time

I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!

What I do know is there is 14 to 16 US cities that are about to have The Rolling Stones come and blow them away and blow the roof off places that have them!

At lease one more time!!

LETS GET GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

smiling smiley
The excitement leading up to any Stones tour is always off the charts!
And yes, it's amazing..after all these years...

I was reading a review of the Voodoo Lounge tour last night, and they were being referred to as "the Elder Statesmen of Rock and Roll".
Fast forward 25 years later, and they're still rolling...amazing...

TKinOH
BV...

I'm sure I speak for all of us here on IORR, especially those following this thread so closely right now, when I say a heartfelt "Thank You" for all your info, advice and efforts.

We know you're busy helping us prepare in leading up to the announcement and ticket sales, and our travel arrangements and plans...

We appreciate this site and all you're doing for your fellow Stones fans!!

Nicely said - from one day to the next something new and exciting to ponder...
From hints of a tour last year, to seeing random tongues across the land, along with reading this thread religiously and watching the main tour page take shape - (TOUR 2019!!!!).
I look at it first thing in the morning, and it grows and evolves daily from a couple rumoured shows, and now up to 13 and counting.
Patiently waiting for a date to be placed next to the Rose Bowl, and ultimately waiting to see all those RUMOURED shows to be replaced with CONFIRMED!
Now all we need is a new tune or two, and hopefully an entire album! New Stones music coupled with new tour...amazing!

Thanks bv and to everyone here - as long as the Stones keep on rolling, the world is a better place.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: November 14, 2018 19:51

Exciting stuff! And here I thought walking out of First Union Center in 2013 that it would be the last time seeing the Stones. 7 more shows since and now 2019 - awesome. I will be out of the country for the tour start but hopefully back before any left coast dates or a home show in Seattle. Hope to catch a few shows for sure.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 14, 2018 20:15

daspyknows
timbernardis
Woz

plexi

Hopefully not Oakland but SF or Santa Clara. Oakland Coliseum is a shithole, awful traffic getting there and they rip you off every way possible, from parking to what you can bring in.

I'm hoping for SF or Oakland. Getting to Santa Clara is even more difficult than getting to Oakland, at least from the North Bay or SF. SF would be best as there is a plethora of hotel and dining/drinking options.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-14 20:16 by Woz.

Date: November 14, 2018 20:17

Looking at bv's tentative tour schedule it looks like Denver and Chicago won't be till late May/ early June. That makes a lot more sense, weather wise

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: November 14, 2018 20:26

I hope Philadelphia is after Chicago. Then I can do Seattle, Denver, Chicago and Philadelphia..

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: November 14, 2018 20:28

Woz
daspyknows
timbernardis
Woz

plexi

I'm hoping for SF or Oakland. Getting to Santa Clara is even more difficult than getting to Oakland, at least from the North Bay or SF. SF would be best as there is a plethora of hotel and dining/drinking options.

I will say, I hated Levi's initially but having been to a few games it's very clean, has by far the fastest in/out lines, good traffic management,light rail access to caltrain, large bathrooms, short concession lines, and good view from most seats. Downsides are a major lack of character, not many good watering holes nearby, and constant low flyovers of airliners from San Jose Mineta.

If it ends up at Levi's it will be on a Friday or Saturday, they have a 10pm weeknight curfew for weeknight concerts after U2 ran past 11pm last year. Many acts are opting for ATT Park instead because of this.

The coliseum recently opened the Mount Davis side for an A's game though they haven't had any concerts since the raiders announced they are leaving. The last time I saw Mount Davis open before this year was in November 06' for the Stones but I could be wrong.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 14, 2018 20:40

My H went to a Manchester United game at Levi Stadium few years ago now
but the parking, I was told over over over
so bad so late for event
Get a room for the night and walk, I say.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home