Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17
Re: Is the Hells Angel who took out Meredith Hunter a hero?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:34

.....if only Harley the dog could talk ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:41

curt
EddieByword
Stoneage
I'm afraid you're out cycling now EB. There are very demanding prerequisites for prosecuting someone for slander.
Anyone here can speculate on whether Passaro was a murderer or not without risking legal action. Of course.

Yeah, fair enough, I just found that out, the first prerequisite being, the libeled/slandered/defamed must be alive........grinning smiley.........."No one can defame the dead"..........under US & European law at least...........

He was cleared in a US court though, so, if people want to continue to undermine the rule of law by rehashing the whole thing well, so be it.........good luck in exhausting 'your' minds though, for no real purpose........

Cleared by an all white Oakland jury. Any thoughts as to how many may have had a taste of paranoia with regarding a guilty verdict and any retribution which may have been forthcoming from the local HA chapter ?

Well, personally, I wouldn't care if the black/white situation was reversed......it's there in black and white or in fact technicolour............the guy with the knife neutralised the guy running towards the stage with the gun.........that's it......(As I say, I don't like hell's angels either.....an English expression - overblown w**kers but seeing is believing .........the guy with the gun was rushing the stage and he was stopped...........it's not a debate....

In fact, I've come to the conclusion that this debate is so stupid I'm going to save my energy for something more productive..........out

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:42

Rockman

That dog sure got around, he was at the Isle of Man in 1964!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2018 20:43

...... Friggin' Harley again .... hhhhhhhhhhaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 30, 2018 21:01

KevinLocksPerm
EddieByword
KevinLocksPerm
Just to go back to the original post. How can anyone regard a murderer to be a hero? If you can then there is something wrong with you.

Passaro was cleared of murder.
By insisting he was a murderer, you are actually making a libelous remark.

You want to hope none of his family are reading this, else you might get sued for libelous defamation of character.

Actually I have no comment to make about any indivudual or abòut who did what. I have no in depth interest about who did what. I never even knew the names of individual angels and have never read about any trials. I havent speculated about who did what and I am not interssted in that level of detail.

But at a high level I am critical of those IORR memembers who talk about heroism. Some unpleasant vibes have emerged in this thread.

It is hysterical that this poster all of a sudden got really scared of being sued.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: March 30, 2018 21:03

EddieByword
KevinLocksPerm
EddieByword
KevinLocksPerm
Just to go back to the original post. How can anyone regard a murderer to be a hero? If you can then there is something wrong with you.

You want to hope none of his family are reading this, else you might get sued for libelous defamation of character.

Actually I have no comment to make about any indivudual or abòut who did what. I have no in depth interest about who did what. I never even knew the names of individual angels and have never read about any trials. I havent speculated about who did what and I am not interssted in that level of detail.

But at a high level I am critical of those IORR memembers who talk about heroism. Some unpleasant vibes have emerged in this thread.

You're ok.........apparently defamation law has a restriction dictating that the libeled must be alive ........

You did pose the question "How can anyone regard a murderer to be a hero?" .....No names, no comment etc etc etc.......are you referring to anyone else other than Alan Passaro? ............carry on, insinuating he was a murderer when he was cleared - forget whether he saved other lives or not - God forbid reality should prevail.

I can imagine the conversation if you had been there...."Pray tell, kindly sir, what are you, your goodly self, intending with that magnificent firearm you hold under your 2nd amendment rights?"............BLAM................eye rolling smiley

Hey Eddie I will leave you to your strange world.

Date: March 30, 2018 21:09

KevinLocksPerm
EddieByword
KevinLocksPerm
EddieByword
KevinLocksPerm

You're ok.........apparently defamation law has a restriction dictating that the libeled must be alive ........

You did pose the question "How can anyone regard a murderer to be a hero?" .....No names, no comment etc etc etc.......are you referring to anyone else other than Alan Passaro? ............carry on, insinuating he was a murderer when he was cleared - forget whether he saved other lives or not - God forbid reality should prevail.

I can imagine the conversation if you had been there...."Pray tell, kindly sir, what are you, your goodly self, intending with that magnificent firearm you hold under your 2nd amendment rights?"............BLAM................eye rolling smiley

Hey Eddie I will leave you to your strange world.

What should Passaro have done? Keep hindsight out it.

I think the events after the stabbing or the most troubling. It semms like something should have happened about that. I can see why Passaso was not convicted at trial with what we know.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 30, 2018 21:15

Deltics
Rockman

grinning smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 30, 2018 21:58

A hypothetical situation:

So if a bystander, doorman, fan or anyone nearby had witnessed Mark David Chapman pulling out a gun and pointing it towards John Lennon, and that person grabs Chapman's arm with the gun before he can fire it and attacks him with a knife, is he a murderer or is he a hero because he just saved Lennon's life? Of course we all know the opposite happened and Lennon was murdered. But what if...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-30 22:01 by The Sicilian.

Date: March 30, 2018 22:02

Deltics
Rockman

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 30, 2018 22:37

Hairball
MKjan
Hairball
Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead): Oh, that's what the story is here?
Michael Shrieve (Santana): Yeah.
Jerry Garcia: Oh, bummer.
Michael Shrieve: Really, man. I mean, like, it's scary.
Phil Lesh Grateful Dead): Who's doing all the beating?
Michael Shrieve: Hell's Angels.
Phil Lesh: Hell's Angels doing beating on musicians?
Michael Shrieve: Marty got beat up. Hit in the face.
Phil Lesh: It doesn't seem right, man.
Michael Shrieve: It's really weird, man. It's really weird.
Jerry Garcia: Oh, man. Really?

Geeez.... Bubblehead Convention.

Haha yeah I was thinking the same when reading that, and even more so when you watch it in the film.
But it does show the danger that was lurking in the air, and maybe the Grateful Dead were the smart ones at the end of the day by refusing to play and basically abandoning the ship.
On the other hand, maybe their music could have smoothed the vibes...even putting some to sleep...man...

Had they performed, I'm not sure The Dead being on friendly terms with the Angels would have been enough to appease them and stop their violent ways. No doubt there would be a lot of people sleeping though.

Date: March 30, 2018 23:13

The Sicilian

So if a bystander, doorman, fan or anyone nearby had witnessed Mark David Chapman pulling out a gun and pointing it towards John Lennon, and that person grabs Chapman's arm with the gun before he can fire it and attacks him with a knife, is he a murderer or is he a hero because he just saved Lennon's life? Of course we all know the opposite happened and Lennon was murdered. But what if...

Of course he would be a hero. I don't understand anyone who claims that you can't be a hero if you kill someone. Kind of a silly feel good type of statement.

If a person ever kills a school shooter before he can wipe out 20 kids it will be considered a hero.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 30, 2018 23:20

The Sicilian
But what if...

...you got some hero fixation ?

OK...what if the helicopter which took away the Stones and some others from Altamont ( seemed to be overcrowded judging by the footage )
had crashed ?
Luckily it didn't.
My guess is that this scenario was more lifethreatening to the Stones than any unproofen theory about Hunter going to shoot someone on stage...

Speculation ?
Of course.
But no way Passaro is a hero.

Date: March 30, 2018 23:27

shortfatfanny
The Sicilian
But what if...

...you got some hero fixation ?

OK...what if the helicopter which took away the Stones and some others from Altamont ( seemed to be overcrowded judging by the footage )
had crashed ?
Luckily it didn't.
My guess is that this scenario was more lifethreatening to the Stones than any unproofen theory about Hunter going to shoot someone on stage...

Speculation ?
Of course.
But no way Passaro is a hero.

The footage of that helicopter taking off always makes me feel uncomfortable. Almost certainly the greatest risk to the Stones that day.

Date: March 30, 2018 23:29

The Sicilian

What if, what if? What if my aunts had a penis? Well, the she would be my uncle. But she hasn’t so she’s not.

Date: March 30, 2018 23:33

What if we could have a photo of Boogie the Dog wandering on stage with the Stones in one of the 1971 concerts?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 30, 2018 23:51

shortfatfanny
had crashed ?
Luckily it didn't.
Been a while since I've seen the footage, but the helicopter out left at night, yes?
Assuming it must have been, this clip taken as they were waiting for the copter to take them in has Stu explaining to Mick that they're not sure how they are getting back as the copter can't fly at night.
Not sure if he was joking or not(doesn't seem to be) but agree the ride back was likely the most danger they faced.
[youtu.be]

Posted by: curt ()
Date: March 31, 2018 00:29

The Sicilian

A few pages back I had asked you three questions:

1. Are you an American ?
2. Were you at the Altamont gig ?
3. Are you at all acquainted with any of the Hell's Angels chapters ?

Perhaps you missed these questions earlier.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 31, 2018 00:57

As a non-American I visited quite some Rolling Stones concerts in the USA. Why would anyone (read: anyone) want to take a gun along to a concert? Even an American? To me it is nothing more than "asking for trouble". Hunter not just "only" took a gun along, he even pulled it! That is asking for trouble. Heroes, murderers, it doesn't matter. Hunter took a gun along and pulled it. Result: he died. Stupid!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 31, 2018 01:43

The Sicilian

I know that is a hypothetical question, but now you're equating a convicted murderer who admitted to the killing of John Lennon with Meredith Hunter who happened to have a gun at a concert and was waiving it around erratically - presumably because he was roughed up by some Hells Angels and wanted to scare them off. Nowhere has it been proven or even stated officially by anyone that his motivation was to target any of the Stones except maybe some conspiracy theorists filled with speculation such as yourself. I know you're adamant that it was his motivation ("Hunter was clearly intent on firing that weapon at someone on stage. It appeared to be in the direction of Jagger" ), even to the point where you're now equating him with a convicted psycho murderer, but if you consider the vague facts as we know them can you really call the Hell's Angel who stabbed Hunter a hero?

But if it was proven that Hunter's motivation was to shoot at one of the Stones (or any innocent bystander for that matter), and someone stepped in to stop him with force, I suppose some might consider that person a hero.
The same could be said if someone prevented the terrorists of 9/11 from carrying out their evil deeds, or if someone prevented Chapman from murdering John Lennon. But the case of Meredith Hunter isn't so clear cut.

Date: March 31, 2018 01:51

curt
The Sicilian

1. Are you an American ?

I'm American, most everyone knows that, I was not at Altamont and I know of a couple chapters but have no affiliations with anyone.

Date: March 31, 2018 02:09

Hairball
The Sicilian

I know that is a hypothetical question, but now you're equating a convicted murderer who admitted to the killing of John Lennon with Meredith Hunter who happened to have a gun at a concert and was waiving it around erratically - presumably because he was roughed up by some Hells Angels and wanted to scare them off. Nowhere has it been proven or even stated officially by anyone that his motivation was to target any of the Stones except maybe some conspiracy theorists filled with speculation such as yourself. I know you're adamant that it was his motivation ("Hunter was clearly intent on firing that weapon at someone on stage. It appeared to be in the direction of Jagger" ), even to the point where you're now equating him with a convicted psycho murderer, but if you consider the vague facts as we know them can you really call the Hell's Angel who stabbed Hunter a hero?

But if it was proven that Hunter's motivation was to shoot at one of the Stones (or any innocent bystander for that matter), and someone stepped in to stop him with force, I suppose some might consider that person a hero.
The same could be said if someone prevented the terrorists of 9/11 from carrying out their evil deeds, or if someone prevented Chapman from murdering John Lennon. But the case of Meredith Hunter isn't so clear cut.

Had Hunter fired a shot and killed someone would he be considered a psycho murderer today? Even if by accident?

Does wearing a lime green suit and carrying a concealed pistol to an outdoor Stones concert in December and finding your way to the stage with Hells Angels patrolling the stage and front area, leaving your girlfriends side, allegedly engaging in a scuffle and then pulling out that gun and pointing it at the stage qualify him as someone who has it all together? He could just stood in front away from all the chaos and enjoyed the show with his date. He had some other agenda.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:26

The Sicilian
Hairball
The Sicilian

Had Hunter fired a shot and killed someone would he be considered a psycho murderer today? Even if by accident?

Does wearing a lime green suit and carrying a concealed pistol to an outdoor Stones concert in December and finding your way to the stage with Hells Angels patrolling the stage and front area, leaving your girlfriends side, allegedly engaging in a scuffle and then pulling out that gun and pointing it at the stage qualify him as someone who has it all together? He could just stood in front away from all the chaos and enjoyed the show with his date. He had some other agenda.

As for your first point, had he fired a shot and killed someone intentionally, then yes I would consider him a psycho murderer.
Had he shot someone by accident, I would still consider him a murderer, but it would not be murder with intent, and he would probably only be charged with manslaughter.

As for the rest of your post - mostly speculation not based on any facts, but you seem to have your mind made up that he had an agenda so don't want want to go any further with that.
But for what it's worth, if you read what his sister said, he only brought a gun to protect himself.

"He could just stood in front away from all the chaos and enjoyed the show with his date".

I don't think anybody there had the luxury to just stand in front and enjoy the show with their date - it was clearly a living hell for everyone.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:39

The Sicilian
curt
The Sicilian

1. Are you an American ?

I'm American, most everyone knows that, I was not at Altamont and I know of a couple chapters but have no affiliations with anyone.

Wait you are from Buffalo, NY with a name The Sicilian. Strange. You know of a couple of chapters? What do you mean by that? The Hells Angels have never had a chapter in Buffalo. So cut the bull.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:44

An earlier (2005) IORR thread on the subject: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: curt ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:53

The Sicilian
curt
The Sicilian

1. Are you an American ?

Thank for your answers to my questions. Your response is informative as regards your understanding of what it is that occurred that day. Would you agree with me that your viewpoint is based on seeing the movie Gimmee Shelter ?

Posted by: nick ()
Date: March 31, 2018 04:37

georgie48
As a non-American I visited quite some Rolling Stones concerts in the USA. Why would anyone (read: anyone) want to take a gun along to a concert? Even an American? To me it is nothing more than "asking for trouble". Hunter not just "only" took a gun along, he even pulled it! That is asking for trouble. Heroes, murderers, it doesn't matter. Hunter took a gun along and pulled it. Result: he died. Stupid!

THAT'S IT!!! THAT'S IT, RIGHT THERE!!! FINALLY SOMEONE FRIGGIN' NAILED IT!!! ANYTHING THAT EVERYONE HAS SAID IS USELESS!!! GEORGIE48, YOU F'ING NAILED IT!!!

Date: March 31, 2018 04:59

Cooltoplady
The Sicilian
curt
The Sicilian

1. Are you an American ?

Wait you are from Buffalo, NY with a name The Sicilian. Strange. You know of a couple of chapters? What do you mean by that? The Hells Angels have never had a chapter in Buffalo. So cut the bull.

That is a very stupid response. I have no need to make stuff up. I'm no child.

Date: March 31, 2018 05:01

georgie48

I am pretty sure that he left the gun in the car and then went and got it when he saw all the trouble that was going on. Personally I would have moved back when I saw the Angles acting like that but he decided to do something else.

When I got on I had a warning of a hack attempt. Does anyone know what that means.

Date: March 31, 2018 05:11

curt
The Sicilian
curt
The Sicilian

1. Are you an American ?

Thank for your answers to my questions. Your response is informative as regards your understanding of what it is that occurred that day. Would you agree with me that your viewpoint is based on seeing the movie Gimmee Shelter ?

Actually, I wouldn't agree entirely with that, I have seen it, but my opinion is more based more on articles read, studying pictures, video clips, comments of others. Unless you were there in front, everything is second hand. I wasn't in Ford's Theatre either but I'm quite sure John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln and jumped off the balcony as he made his escape.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home