Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: Southampton England UK travel and show info
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 14, 2018 12:31

RiffKichards
I have on question about AXS.

When buying a no filter pit ticket for Southampton, there is no possibility for a shipping outside UK (and no e-ticket).

Do you know the reason why ?

For other shows (Coventry as an example), shipping outside UK is possible.

What do you mean..
I bought Pit fir S. And i live in Holland.they will send the ticket by ordinary mail.
Jeroen

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: April 14, 2018 12:39

corriecas
RiffKichards
I have on question about AXS.

When buying a no filter pit ticket for Southampton, there is no possibility for a shipping outside UK (and no e-ticket).

Do you know the reason why ?

For other shows (Coventry as an example), shipping outside UK is possible.

What do you mean..
I bought Pit fir S. And i live in Holland.they will send the ticket by ordinary mail.
Jeroen

Thank you for your reply.

Before entering my credit card details and my address, there is only one option for the shipping (only shipping in UK). I do not dare to give my credit card details and to validate the transaction in this case. I will try to post an image.

Date: April 14, 2018 13:14

Here is Southampton (only one choice for the shipping _ UK only) :

[public.joomeo.com]

Here is Conventry (several choices for the shipping _ including outside UK) :

[public.joomeo.com]

I wonder why ? It does not help to sell tickets for Southampton.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2018 14:08

RiffKichards

[public.joomeo.com]

[public.joomeo.com]

They had the same glitch in their system for Cardiff as well as the Lucky Dips (which are will call only, yet had the UK mail charge/option only as well).

I went ahead and ordered regardless, waited a few weeks to call to switch the shipping to will call and e-tix and found that the Lucky Dips already had been switched to will call. Had no problem changing shipping options. I don't expect (and didn't ask) that the postage fee will be refunded though, I may revisit at a later date, as I was charged shipping for five orders that now will incur no postage fees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-14 14:10 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: April 14, 2018 14:19

If you have NBCSP, you can see what St. Mary's stadium looks like, as Southampton is playing Chelsea.

Date: April 14, 2018 14:22

Thank you. I am more confident now.

Date: April 14, 2018 14:27

hahahaha!

Date: April 15, 2018 19:15

MisterDDDD
RiffKichards

[public.joomeo.com]

[public.joomeo.com]

They had the same glitch in their system for Cardiff as well as the Lucky Dips (which are will call only, yet had the UK mail charge/option only as well).

I went ahead and ordered regardless, waited a few weeks to call to switch the shipping to will call and e-tix and found that the Lucky Dips already had been switched to will call. Had no problem changing shipping options. I don't expect (and didn't ask) that the postage fee will be refunded though, I may revisit at a later date, as I was charged shipping for five orders that now will incur no postage fees.

Thank you. I have my ticket smiling smiley. See you in Southampton, Twickenham and Marseilles. No Filter B x 3. smileys with beer
Maybe I will go for another date (Warsaw ?).

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 15, 2018 19:38

RiffKichards
Thank you. I have my ticket smiling smiley. See you in Southampton, Twickenham and Marseilles. No Filter B x 3. smileys with beer
Maybe I will go for another date (Warsaw ?).
Welcome! Glad it worked out.
Seems a glitch like that, which was spotted early on, would be corrected by now.
See you at Twickenham!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 19, 2018 00:17

I want to stay in London and just take the train from there to Southampton. It seems the trains run all night there, back to Waterloo station. Any locals that can confirm that this is feasible?

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 19, 2018 01:09

roller99
I want to stay in London and just take the train from there to Southampton. It seems the trains run all night there, back to Waterloo station. Any locals that can confirm that this is feasible?

Last train back to London that day is 11pm.

Date: April 19, 2018 01:59

sjs12
roller99

Last train back to London that day is 11pm.
Do you think it's feasible to get the train back to London after the concert?

Date: April 19, 2018 02:11

Sorry, don't mean to be clueless here, but do taxis run pretty regularly there after the show?

Date: April 19, 2018 12:51

roller99
Sorry, don't mean to be clueless here, but do taxis run pretty regularly there after the show?

You can order taxis but the chances of getting one to the stadium and to the station by 11pm are pretty slim in my opinion. You could walk it but it's a 30 minute walk if you know where you're going.

A better option would be to get the 11.15pm coach directly from St Marys Stadium to London Victoria:

[book.nationalexpress.com]

Alternatively, you can book a hotel in Southampton or the New Forest. Trains running west (from London to Bournemouth and Poole) run much later (last train at 1.37am) so you could consider taking a day out in lovely Dorset.

Date: April 19, 2018 14:22

Does anyone recommend The Big Green Bus? I'm considering taking it to the gig from Brighton.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 24, 2018 21:02

Date: April 25, 2018 01:47

sjs12
For once I can do my bit. After accommodation and/or travel, the first thing any Stones fan needs to know is what pubs to go to...

Platform Tavern - good food and beer and regular live blues/roots music. Walking distance from the gig and frequented by lots of local musicians. Built within the medieval walls of Southampton. [www.platformtavern.com]

Dancing Man - pub in what used to be the Wool House (14th century) with their own brewery making excellent American style IPA and other beers. Just up the road from Platform Tavern. [www.dancingmanbrewery.co.uk]

Caskaway - micro pub selling interesting beers and on the way to St Mary's from the above pubs. [www.caskaway.pub]

I'm not sure what to recommend as I don't have to stay in Hotels here. However, the White Star Tavern is meant to be very good from what I've heard.

Hi, do you know some pub In Southampton openned past the midnight? My train back to London is only May, 30th at 8h30am. I will have a long free time after the show.

Date: April 25, 2018 01:52

Thanks sjs for info about the pubs. Great
Jeroen

Date: April 26, 2018 22:14

andrestonesplanet
sjs12
For once I can do my bit. After accommodation and/or travel, the first thing any Stones fan needs to know is what pubs to go to...

Platform Tavern - good food and beer and regular live blues/roots music. Walking distance from the gig and frequented by lots of local musicians. Built within the medieval walls of Southampton. [www.platformtavern.com]

Dancing Man - pub in what used to be the Wool House (14th century) with their own brewery making excellent American style IPA and other beers. Just up the road from Platform Tavern. [www.dancingmanbrewery.co.uk]

Caskaway - micro pub selling interesting beers and on the way to St Mary's from the above pubs. [www.caskaway.pub]

I'm not sure what to recommend as I don't have to stay in Hotels here. However, the White Star Tavern is meant to be very good from what I've heard.

Hi, do you know some pub In Southampton openned past the midnight? My train back to London is only May, 30th at 8h30am. I will have a long free time after the show.

One of the local bars, Heartbreakers, is doing an after party until 3am.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 00:17

glmmr_twn
Does anyone recommend The Big Green Bus? I'm considering taking it to the gig from Brighton.

Sorry I can't recommend as never used them before, but we are booked with the big green bus company for the Coventry show from Solihull to the ricoh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-27 11:49 by odean73.

Date: April 27, 2018 08:24

sjs12
andrestonesplanet
sjs12

One of the local bars, Heartbreakers, is doing an after party until 3am.

Thank you.

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: April 27, 2018 16:28

A bit of local information:

A short uphill walk on the way to the stadium is Guildhall Square where there are two large pubs The Scholars Arms and The Spitfire, open till midnight on weeknights, both also do decent food. Various mid range bar/restaurants adjoin these. There are also Yates and Wetherspoon food pubs also close by, along with a Subway and KFC if on a budget.

A large Asda and a smaller Tesco supermarket are also close by. Southampton has some nice city centre parks just behind the first two pubs named, ideal for a picnic if the weather's good.

There will probably be direct buses from the train station to the site, but as St Marys stadium is in a largely light industrial area, with nothing of note in the area, it's not an ideal area to spend much time in. A partly uphill walk from the station takes about 25 minutes or 15 minutes from Guildhall Square.

For those with time to spare the Sea City museum is worth a visit.

Date: April 27, 2018 16:50

Thanks Barking Paul.
Looking forward to Southampton, a lot !!
Jeroen

Date: April 28, 2018 12:11

barking paul
A bit of local information:

A short uphill walk on the way to the stadium is Guildhall Square where there are two large pubs The Scholars Arms and The Spitfire, open till midnight on weeknights, both also do decent food. Various mid range bar/restaurants adjoin these. There are also Yates and Wetherspoon food pubs also close by, along with a Subway and KFC if on a budget.

A large Asda and a smaller Tesco supermarket are also close by. Southampton has some nice city centre parks just behind the first two pubs named, ideal for a picnic if the weather's good.

There will probably be direct buses from the train station to the site, but as St Marys stadium is in a largely light industrial area, with nothing of note in the area, it's not an ideal area to spend much time in. A partly uphill walk from the station takes about 25 minutes or 15 minutes from Guildhall Square.

For those with time to spare the Sea City museum is worth a visit.

The pubs you mentioned are not very good. Not the worst in Southampton but they are chain pubs selling generic bland food and beer. Just next to the Spitfire is Belgium and Blues which serves excellent beer and food including lots of microbrewery beers. Mango Thai tapas does brilliant food just nearby.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 3, 2018 02:00

Date: May 3, 2018 11:34

Did not get my ticket yet..anybody did??
Jeroen

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 3, 2018 11:58

corriecas
Did not get my ticket yet..anybody did??
Jeroen

I've not had mine yet either.

Date: May 3, 2018 12:30

Not received mine yet.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 3, 2018 13:06

I'm waiting on 4 tickets.
If not received by about the 20th i will contact axs.
So looking forward to this Southampton show.

Date: May 13, 2018 18:30

Hope they will send them coming week. Think so, cause the London tix have been send 1 and 2 days ago. so it seems logical, they will forward the southampton tickets coming week. Yes??
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-13 19:11 by corriecas.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home