Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Florence
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 28, 2018 00:05

Just watching her on the BBC.

Great performance.

She is like the female Mick.

Re: Florence
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 28, 2018 00:10

she's the only support act so far who used the Micks catwalk…
beside that: her music is boring – all songs sounded more or less the same (at least to me) and all the songs she did in London had a very similar structure: first verse sung nearly acapella/with little music by her band, then the percussion sets in, the music gets loud, her voice's 'above' the louder music, seconrd half or last third of every song turned into some sing-along…

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 28, 2018 00:24

odean73
Just watching her on the BBC.

Great performance.
thumbs up Indeed, she is pretty special

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 28, 2018 01:40

I am sure one of the commenters said she is like the female Mick jagger.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 28, 2018 03:25

She put on a great show in front of an audience that appeared largely unfamiliar with her music. But she was working hard for every bit of applause she received, and by the end of the show she had most of the floor section singing along. I didn’t like “Wild Horses” but her set was very good.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 28, 2018 03:30

slewan
she's the only support act so far who used the Micks catwalk…
beside that: her music is boring – all songs sounded more or less the same (at least to me) and all the songs she did in London had a very similar structure: first verse sung nearly acapella/with little music by her band, then the percussion sets in, the music gets loud, her voice's 'above' the louder music, seconrd half or last third of every song turned into some sing-along…

This is funny to me because this is almost word for word what my wife said about AC/DC - all the songs sounded the same, very similar structure, guitar intro, then the full band comes in, the lead vocals screeching above the music, and the audience “sing along” with the chorus.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: May 28, 2018 05:43

The Rolling Stones, in my opinion, really should cut the crap.

They lost it when Keith stopped doing background vocals, and when they started having "guest" singers, and when they started using the "male/female black background singer duo" in the left back of the stage.

Date: May 28, 2018 08:48

Chacho
The Rolling Stones, in my opinion, really should cut the crap.

They lost it when Keith stopped doing background vocals, and when they started having "guest" singers, and when they started using the "male/female black background singer duo" in the left back of the stage.

I'm pretty sure Keith did backing vocals on at least LSTNT, WH and DF in London..

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 28, 2018 17:24

I have not heard her before. I saw them open on friday night and again live in Swansea Headlining the Radio one Biggest weekend. I now own 2 Cd's (thank you amazon £3 each) and will be buying a ticket to see her in Cardiff in November. I thought she was superb. (Didn't realise until this morning that she duetted with Mick on Gimme Shelter at 02 arena 5 yrs ago...that too is awesome).

Date: May 28, 2018 17:32

She is very very very very good. Did not like WH though.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 28, 2018 17:44

carouslambra
I have not heard her before. I saw them open on friday night and again live in Swansea Headlining the Radio one Biggest weekend. I now own 2 Cd's (thank you amazon £3 each) and will be buying a ticket to see her in Cardiff in November. I thought she was superb. (Didn't realise until this morning that she duetted with Mick on Gimme Shelter at 02 arena 5 yrs ago...that too is awesome).
thumbs up Finding new music, new artists, new bands is awesome... even if they are not really "new"... just new to me/you/usdrinking smiley

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 28, 2018 19:03

She’s great. My partner is a big fan and we saw her in an arena a few years back for her birthday. Wasn’t expecting much but really enjoyed it.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 28, 2018 21:43

Just wanted to echo some of the Florence love... thought she was excellent and engaging in London opening for the stones. Then I watched her headline set on tv from the big weekend and was impressed too. Think Mick must rate her too to have her guest twice.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 28, 2018 22:07

Really like her and she seems really genuine without the pretentiousness of many modern day pop stars. Have the Stones ever asked the same musician/singer to actually guest twice for them like this? And I don't mean bringing Clapton on in the 70s.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 28, 2018 23:11

She's good.....a bit like Grace Slick though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home