Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Southampton England UK travel and show info
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 29, 2018 02:32

keithsman
I don't know why they don't get Keith to sing if Micks voice is still weak, i saw The Who in 88' or 89' and Roger walked off 5 or 6 songs before the end with voice problems, so Pete Townsend sang the remainder of the songs and the crowd loved it.
Pete said something like he was returning a favour to the band for when Pete swung his arm around as he does with the windmill trademark and the exposed tremolo went straight through his hand causing him to leave the stage.

I honestly think Mick's immune system would benefit from less energetic performances, and as a result become less likely to become ill with laryngitis or other infections or inflammation leading to voice problems.

i was at the show where pete did that. there was a guitar that got thrown!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 29, 2018 09:18

Hairball
keithsman
Hairball
keithsman
I think what it might be Hairball is Mick wanting to choose a specific set list to help with damage limitation , he will not want to be sprung any surprises, rather choose a set-list that is easiest on his voice.

If that was the case, they could put up four "easy to sing" songs as part of the vote, don't you think?

Well he will want the easiest one of them four winking smiley

I'd be ecstatic if they played this oldie but goodie - very easy on the voice, and one of my all time favorite Stones tunes!

Rolling Stones - Stoned

In all seriousness that's a brilliant idea Hairball .

I feel sorry for Mick because we were all moaning on the board that Mick was holding back vocally on previous tours, but now since Mick gives it everything he's got he pays the price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-29 09:44 by keithsman.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: May 29, 2018 09:48

Maybe no song vote and Kieth does 3 again to give Mick a break
[/code]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 29, 2018 10:15

This thread is closed. For Southampton comments and updates please see the new live thread:

Southampton UK 29-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home