Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Southampton England UK travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 27, 2018 11:44

Southampton meeting place for IORR fans:

The Standing Order - 30 High St
[www.jdwetherspoon.com]

This info is also added to the first page of this thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 27, 2018 12:18

sjs12

The dancing man has a micro brewery inside and is in the medeival Wool House and still has carvings of French prisoner of war graffiti on the wooden beams upstairs.

I enjoyed the Dancing Man, with very knowledgeable bar staff. It's a great place to sit outside in the sun - which may not be an option on Tuesday. It's around the corner from where the Mayflower set off - they had to deal with worse, I guess.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 27, 2018 12:25

bv

[www.jdwetherspoon.com]

An IORR meet-up in a high street Wetherspoon? Be wary of the locals. smileys with beerwinking smiley

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 27, 2018 13:16

Big Al
bv

[www.jdwetherspoon.com]

An IORR meet-up in a high street Wetherspoon? Be wary of the locals. smileys with beerwinking smiley

Or warn the locals to be wary of the IORR meet up.. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 27, 2018 14:17

There seem to be 2 axs Box offices at the gig.wonder where the main box office is
Jèroen

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: May 27, 2018 14:38

If its anywhere near as "close" as it is today you'll be glad of the rain.

Date: May 27, 2018 15:11

corriecas
There seem to be 2 axs Box offices at the gig.wonder where the main box office is
Jèroen

The main Ticket office is built into the stadium ..by north carpark/ Britania Road.

I received email from Axs, saying that this is not the Box Office to collect from. They will have box offices (booth/cabin) outside main entrance on Belverdere road.

Date: May 27, 2018 16:05

undertheradar
corriecas
Jèroen

The main Ticket office is built into the stadium ..by north carpark/ Britania Road.

I received email from Axs, saying that this is not the Box Office to collect from. They will have box offices (booth/cabin) outside main entrance on Belverdere road.

Need to pick up Pit not Ld ticket.
Jeroen

Date: May 27, 2018 16:10

corriecas
undertheradar
corriecas
Jèroen

Need to pick up Pit not Ld ticket.
Jeroen

If you check Britannia Road southampton, on street view, you can see both the main ticket offices from the road.

Date: May 27, 2018 16:30

Thznks. Jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 27, 2018 16:53

Big Al
bv

[www.jdwetherspoon.com]

The meeting place has been picked by local fans. I just follow their advices. Also I have checked it out through fans who have arrived early, should be just fine.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 27, 2018 17:13

bv
Big Al
bv

[www.jdwetherspoon.com]

The meeting place has been picked by local fans. I just follow their advices. Also I have checked it out through fans who have arrived early, should be just fine.

Cheap beer and food. But drunks do tend to spend all the day in these places for that reason. Will be OK though.

Date: May 27, 2018 17:14

really,really looking forward to see them again, so soon after the 2017 tour.
Flying in, Monday Morning.
see ya at the Standing order pub on Monday, around 1600 o clock??

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-27 20:02 by corriecas.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 27, 2018 19:41

grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke
SomeTorontoGirl
mikehat
SomeTorontoGirl
john lomax
Winchester is only 10 miles to the north - it's a beautiful small city worth a visit.

...beautiful, hot and sunny! Well worth to visit. A great place to decompress between shows.

It might not be hot and sunny on Tuesday, they're forecasting Thundery showers. grinning smiley

Maybe... Keith and his Rain Stick might have something to say about that though. Like...’I dare ya!’

"The rain stick is not infallible". Keith in Olé Olé Olé, after the Porto Alegre concert. grinning smiley

It didn’t work at the Malieveld in The Hague, Netherlands 20 years ago either, another famous rain show. What a soaking we all got that day grinning smiley A fieldshow too with mud everywhere.

According to several weather sites looks like a storm is threat'ning, but only for the morning and should be cleared out by the evening.
I know the weather can be fickle and unpredictable in the UK from one hour to the next, but maybe Keith is already putting his Rain Stick to work...carrying it around everywhere - even to the bathroom! smiling smiley

I've been to two outdoor rain shows - one in San Francisco '02 where it lightly rained on Sheryl Crowe, and the other at Nijmegen '07 where it literally dumped buckets on Van Morrison forcing him to shorten his set.
Miraculously in both cases, the skies had cleared by the time the Stones hit the stage!

I'm not familiar with opening act the Vaccines, but someone should advise them to bring umbrella's and wear their Wellies as it might get wet out there!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 27, 2018 19:50

The Vaccines were on before the Stones at Hyde Park 2013.

Weatherwise, it's not been going according to the forecasts. It was supposed to rain here* Saturday and Sunday but both have been warm and sunny, although we did have thunder and lightning last night, but not much rain.

* about 50 miles N of Southampton.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 27, 2018 21:27

I've been checking several weather sites for southhampton, and none say the same for Tuesday.
So I reckon it will be partly cloudy occasional rain and temps about 22 degrees.
As long as the rain don't ruin my make up.....haha

I'm going with my daughter son in law and grandchild, so I have to behave...shucks.
I think this southhampton show could be a corker, as it's the smallest show of the tour.

Eating places I think we're gonna try the rockstone pub in onslow road about
A mile from the stadium.

Date: May 27, 2018 21:40

Hoping and praying Micks voice will hold up. a few days rest after London2 should do the trick.immensely looking forward to this gig. Pit B ticket.
Yeah Keef Go.
One Love
jeroen

Date: May 27, 2018 23:50

terry
I've been checking several weather sites for southhampton, and none say the same for Tuesday.
So I reckon it will be partly cloudy occasional rain and temps about 22 degrees.
As long as the rain don't ruin my make up.....haha

I'm going with my daughter son in law and grandchild, so I have to behave...shucks.
I think this southhampton show could be a corker, as it's the smallest show of the tour.

Eating places I think we're gonna try the rockstone pub in onslow road about
A mile from the stadium.

The Rockstone does really good burgers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-28 00:20 by sjs12.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2018 00:02

grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke
SomeTorontoGirl
mikehat
SomeTorontoGirl
john lomax
Winchester is only 10 miles to the north - it's a beautiful small city worth a visit.

...beautiful, hot and sunny! Well worth to visit. A great place to decompress between shows.

It might not be hot and sunny on Tuesday, they're forecasting Thundery showers. grinning smiley

Maybe... Keith and his Rain Stick might have something to say about that though. Like...’I dare ya!’

"The rain stick is not infallible". Keith in Olé Olé Olé, after the Porto Alegre concert. grinning smiley

It didn’t work at the Malieveld in The Hague, Netherlands 20 years ago either, another famous rain show. What a soaking we all got that day grinning smiley A fieldshow too with mud everywhere.

It worked in São Paulo in 1995, on their first Brazilian concert. There was a huge rain during the opening acts, but when the Stones came on stage the rain stopped. grinning smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 28, 2018 00:46

Cristiano Radtke
grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke
SomeTorontoGirl
mikehat
SomeTorontoGirl
john lomax

It worked in São Paulo in 1995, on their first Brazilian concert. There was a huge rain during the opening acts, but when the Stones came on stage the rain stopped. grinning smiley

As it did in Pittsburgh in 2015.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2018 01:22

SomeTorontoGirl

As it did in Pittsburgh in 2015.

Indeed, there was even a rainbow that day!

Now back to the topic grinning smiley

"Stones Day 5. Stage finished. Production day tomorrow."

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 28, 2018 01:45

Wouldn’t mind having a chair seat facing the stage thumbs up
Nice——

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 28, 2018 03:12

Decided to stay on a few days extra and see this show on Tuesday. Some kind soul here has a spare LD they are selling me. Friday night was brilliant. They are loosening up nicely and the songs are sounding great live.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2018 03:40

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Nice...looks almost like a cozy intimate indoor arena compared to the monstrous sized stadiums they've played so far. Capacity only 36,000 vs. 80,000!
Hard to judge perspective, but it looks like the catwalk juts out about a third of the way to the back (maybe even more?), and with only one level of seating above the floor...not a bad seat in the house!
Wish I was there as well as the Coventry show (w/The Specials) - another small stadium w/capacity 36,000.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: May 28, 2018 03:40

It looks as though Southampton will have the best value GA with nearly everyone essentially getting gold circle views.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 28, 2018 04:04

It looks almost intimate thumbs up

sc uk

Date: May 28, 2018 07:02

Wow...this will be great.have a good one everybody and enjoy.
Jeroen

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: May 28, 2018 08:37

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Nice...looks almost like a cozy intimate indoor arena compared to the monstrous sized stadiums they've played so far. Capacity only 36,000 vs. 80,000!
Hard to judge perspective, but it looks like the catwalk juts out about a third of the way to the back (maybe even more?), and with only one level of seating above the floor...not a bad seat in the house!
Wish I was there as well as the Coventry show (w/The Specials) - another small stadium w/capacity 36,000.
Wow, this does look like a great place for a show this big. Kinda has that "Theater" feel. TURN IT UP!!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 28, 2018 11:26

Saint of Me would go down well !

Sc Uk

Date: May 28, 2018 12:00

What I hadn't appreciated until quite recently is that football pitches vary in size. Southampton has one of the smaller sized pitches as well as quite a low capacity.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home