Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 29
OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 23, 2017 13:29

It's that time of year (praise the Lord). Week 3 of the preseason starts tomorrow, always the best preview for the upcoming season. We've had a thread for this the last few years & there has been some good, lively discussion. Some of you may remember I'm a die hard, life long Seahawks fan & my boys are looking pretty good this year, especially on defense. Still O line issues but it will probably be better than last year. Before the Hawks existed, I was a Raiders fan & they are my AFC team. A dream scenario would be the Raiders beating NE for the AFC & then meeting the Hawks in the Super Bowl. I'm still a Beast Mode fan & I think he is going to surprise people this year. So, let the banter begin. Trash talking is fun but let's endeavour to keep it civl. No personal attacks or name calling, please. It casts an unpleasant pall on something that should just be fun & an escape from the unpleasant realities of the world. GO SEAHAWKS (& RAIDERS)!!!!

Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 23, 2017 15:36

I'M IN! GO STEELERS!!!! and Go Patriots & Titans too! Gotta at least pull for the "home" teams a little bit even if I'd never root for them head to head against the Steelers.

Glad the pre-season is about over as it does nothing for me.

Although the end of summer is always sad for me, thankfully God provides me with two days of football each weekend to ease the pain of not being poolside! Living in SEC country almost makes Saturdays NCAA football similar to watching the NFL's minor leagues. Ahh football. Bring it on!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: August 23, 2017 16:43

Superbowl:

Patriots vs Packers
Pats 35-31

Or

Patriots vs Seahawks
Pats 31-21

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 23, 2017 17:35

Mr. Jimi
Superbowl:

Patriots vs Packers
Pats 35-31

Or

Patriots vs Seahawks
Pats 31-21
I would love to see a Pats/Packers SB. If Brady takes down Rodgers, he'd better retire. It will NEVER get better than that for him.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 23, 2017 17:39

Can't wait! I'll be flying from Seattle to Chicago and driving up to Green Bay for the Seahawks/Packers opener on Sept. 10.

Date: August 23, 2017 21:43

DaveG
Can't wait! I'll be flying from Seattle to Chicago and driving up to Green Bay for the Seahawks/Packers opener on Sept. 10.

Nice! Wish I could do that. My ticket prices doubled this year so we're only going to 1 game. Hawks vs Houston on 10/29. Most likely I'm going to be made to wear a costume...women!

Date: August 23, 2017 21:59

crholmstrom
DaveG

Nice! Wish I could do that. My ticket prices doubled this year so we're only going to 1 game. Hawks vs Houston on 10/29. Most likely I'm going to be made to wear a costume...women!

Ticket prices DOUBLED? That's worse than the Stones inflation rates! Re: the costume: May I suggest going as "A Seattle Seahawks 'Uberfan'"? Somehow I have a feeling you could pull that one off with little or no effort and might even feel comfortable doing so!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 23, 2017 22:36

Hey CR, I live up in BC near the border so many Seahawks fans here. A guy in my office has Seahawks season tickets. Having said that, I'm a Chicago Bears fan, so it's going to be another long season for me!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 23, 2017 23:00

I too live just over the border and a HUGE Hawks fan !! I used to go to at least one game a year yes kingdome also... but you're right CR prices have gone nuts, But I gotta say seeing a game in Seattle is probably the best live sporting event you will see - Crowds are insane !!

Let's bring home another one !! GO HAWKS !!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 24, 2017 01:07

Bills will suck again.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 24, 2017 01:10

umakmehrd
I too live just over the border and a HUGE Hawks fan !! I used to go to at least one game a year yes kingdome also... but you're right CR prices have gone nuts, But I gotta say seeing a game in Seattle is probably the best live sporting event you will see - Crowds are insane !!

Let's bring home another one !! GO HAWKS !!

Where abouts do you live? My office is in Chilliwack. A former co worker at a previous job I was at used to have Seahawks tickets back in the days of Zorn, Largent, etc.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 24, 2017 01:43

Vancouver - Yes I too saw Zorn back in the day I actually saw Joe Montana in a cheifs game I was row 1 in the endzone great memories even though the Hawks sucked back then...

Date: August 24, 2017 03:44

not expecting much from the jets

Date: August 24, 2017 06:00

keefriffhard4life
Way to go out on a limb there, Carnac. grinning smiley

Date: August 24, 2017 06:17

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Way to go out on a limb there, Carnac. grinning smiley

well that's my team. they are 2 years from being ready if they can hold this group of players together and add 5-6 solid guys in the next 2 drafts

Date: August 24, 2017 12:16

mr_dja
crholmstrom
DaveG

Ticket prices DOUBLED? That's worse than the Stones inflation rates! Re: the costume: May I suggest going as "A Seattle Seahawks 'Uberfan'"? Somehow I have a feeling you could pull that one off with little or no effort and might even feel comfortable doing so!

Peace,
Mr DJA

I had a deal with the Seahawks for a few years where they were selling me 2 games a year directly at season ticket prices. It was the result of me not throwing them under the bus in a dispute about disabled seating with Ticketbastard. I could've sued everybody (& won). Up until this year, as a result of the dispute, the Hawks were selling ADA seats themselves. Last year, someone was unhappy & did sue the Seahawks about those tickets messing it up for everyone. So, now the tickets are back at TM with "variable" pricing. I was able to get through & get tickets for 1 game but the same seats were literally twice as expensive (with a $60 service charge!). So, we will make a day of it. It is getting tougher physically for me to go anyway. Hoping I will get a good game against the Texans.

Date: August 24, 2017 16:29

crholmstrom
mr_dja
crholmstrom
DaveG

Peace,
Mr DJA

I had a deal with the Seahawks for a few years where they were selling me 2 games a year directly at season ticket prices. It was the result of me not throwing them under the bus in a dispute about disabled seating with Ticketbastard. I could've sued everybody (& won). Up until this year, as a result of the dispute, the Hawks were selling ADA seats themselves. Last year, someone was unhappy & did sue the Seahawks about those tickets messing it up for everyone. So, now the tickets are back at TM with "variable" pricing. I was able to get through & get tickets for 1 game but the same seats were literally twice as expensive (with a $60 service charge!). So, we will make a day of it. It is getting tougher physically for me to go anyway. Hoping I will get a good game against the Texans.

Damn that sucks... I remember you discussing that saga here a few years ago... I guess I had missed the resolution part... Hate that it's evaporated now.

I guess 1 game is better than no games though. smileys with beer I'll toast to wishing you a good game.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 24, 2017 17:12

CR, here's to a great season for the Hawks!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 24, 2017 18:40

RAIDERS will RULE

Date: August 24, 2017 19:04

potus43
RAIDERS will RULE

Until the Super Bowl against Seahawks! picture this: Seahawks up by 4 with time winding down. Raiders drive to the 1 & call time out with with 2 second left. Beast Mode ready.... grinning smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 24, 2017 19:09

No one can top the 2008 Detroit Lions.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: August 24, 2017 20:05

I am hoping for a more exciting NFL season this year...
Last year I grew bored with the action, turned off games and didn't even tune in to others as some teams and players seemed like they were just not in to it. Some teams and players stopped caring/playing NFL quality football in week 8.

The players need to understand what their jobs are, play hard until the whistle blows at the end of the season and knock off their on-field political bullshit while they are on the job because it casts an unpleasant pall on something that should just be fun & an escape from the unpleasant realities of the world....

Date: August 24, 2017 20:50

HankM
Last year I grew bored with the action, turned off games and didn't even tune in to others as some teams and players seemed like they were just not in to it. Some teams and players stopped caring/playing NFL quality football in week 8.

The players need to understand what their jobs are, play hard until the whistle blows at the end of the season and knock off their on-field political bullshit while they are on the job because it casts an unpleasant pall on something that should just be fun & an escape from the unpleasant realities of the world....

The Beast is his own man & has been consistent in that. Definitely marches to his own drummer. It has ended up working well for him. I like it actually. I am hoping this season pushes him into the hall of fame. Think he is on the bubble. Raiders defintely the right team for him.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: August 24, 2017 21:29

potus43
RAIDERS will RULE
Sounds like a "Done Deal" ! What will happen first, Raiders win super bowl or Stones play MSG?

Date: August 24, 2017 23:27

Why are you trolling me!! Stop it NOW or I will report you!!! I mean it!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 25, 2017 17:15

crholmstrom
HankM

The Beast is his own man & has been consistent in that. Definitely marches to his own drummer. It has ended up working well for him. I like it actually. I am hoping this season pushes him into the hall of fame. Think he is on the bubble. Raiders defintely the right team for him.

Well NFL viewership was way down last year, and many suspect it was due to all of the politicking, which I think sports is an escape from all that for many so turned a lot of people off. I hope this trend ends, they can do that on their own time, not while on the job.

Date: August 25, 2017 17:33

Bloated, middle-aged white Americans = the ultimate special snowflakes

How dare their trivial, worry-free existence be reminded of the horrors that their country continue to perpetuate.

Date: August 25, 2017 19:52

Idiot. Right, blame white people for everything.Pathetic

Date: August 25, 2017 21:25

Agreed with Potus that is

Date: August 25, 2017 21:27

potus43
Why are you trolling me!! Stop it NOW or I will report you!!! I mean it!
That is Brilliant! You were probably a big Snake Stabler fan

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home