Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 27, 2017 04:46

keefriff99
Joe Buck is terrible. I've listened to interviews with him and he seems like a cool guy with a good sense of humor, but his actual announcing is lifeless and bland.

His announcing really is bland and I wonder why the guys who run the show
don't can't won't see/hear it. I guess his Dad has something to with it... idk... but...

Ya know who to look out for as an up and coming announcer?
A young woman named Dani Welniak. She is a future star announcer.
She actually played(starred) in womens league football and has been paying her dues as she moves up the ladder in sports commentating. She is not just a pretty face, she commands respect in player interviews, offers great insight into things and asks great questions.

She started in Melbourne, Australia, then moved to Texas and now she is moving up the ladder. [collegian.tccd.edu]

I do not know her personally, but after she caught my attention it has been fun to watch her star grow brighter.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 05:43

Jack Buck was a legend...his "I don't believe what I just saw!" call of Kirk Gibson's home run off Eckersley in Game One of the '88 World Series has stuck with me all these years.

I dreaded any time I was forced to watch nationally-televised Yankees/Red Sox games that Joe Buck called. He sucked a lot of excitement out of the 2004 ALCS when the Sox came back from 0-3 down with his lackluster game calling.

He's marginally better when it comes to NFL games, but not by much.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: September 29, 2017 22:50

Joe Buck is a spoiled condescending little punk

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 23:30

Wow, Cowboys, Patriots, Vikings and Falcons all lose in early games.

Date: October 1, 2017 23:45

Patriots defense is a tire fire. They've allowed 30+ points in four straight games...they are NOT who people thought they were this season (Dennis Green RIP).

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 2, 2017 00:01

keefriff99
Patriots defense is a tire fire. They've allowed 30+ points in four straight games...they are NOT who people thought they were this season (Dennis Green RIP).

Meanwhile, my Bears are who I thought they were! I still remember that Bears vs Arizona game. I actually left since the Bears were losing, come back home and I thought WTF!

Date: October 2, 2017 00:25

Romo?... again?... wtf? confused smiley

I wonder who imagined he should be in the booth? Nomo is a worse announcer than he was a quarterback.

The NFL better realize they need to smarten up the decision making or they are going to lose more fans. As I turn of the donkeys v faders game and do some Sunday chores. angry smiley

What kind of world... I'd rather do chores than watch an NFL game because of a crappy announcer... Nomo's bs. He sounds like the drunk at the bar commenting about the game. I dont even want his crap on the back ground as I paint. angry smiley

As I scan Youtube for..... uhmmmm... lets see ...THIS!!! [www.youtube.com]

Date: October 2, 2017 01:24

I watched a bit of Romo a couple of weeks ago and thought he was excellent. Funny, charming and knowledgeable...a lot of people agree too.

I was raised to hate the Cowboys, but I never had a problem with Romo as a player, and I think he's got a pretty bright future as an announcer.

Date: October 2, 2017 01:49

I was raised to hate the Cowboys, but I never had a problem with Romo as a player...

Of course if someone was raised to hate the Cowboys they would not have a problem with romo as a qb. Although his overall stats may appear good... but when it mattered most he was a terrible qb for them, not to mention he seemed to be made of balsa wood and china and broke often.

At crunch time in important games he wasted opportunities over and over.
With time running out and the game on the line, nomo always blew it, one way or another.

For 10 years with nomo as qb the cowgirls only made the playoffs 4 times and only won 2 playoff games.

Announcing jobs should go to winners, nomo does not qualify.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 02:01 by Leonioid.

Date: October 2, 2017 02:00

When you're right, you're right. Romo's mediocrity made him an asset to us Cowboys-haters, almost like he was a double agent. But seriously, he's always been a likeable guy.

I don't agree that only all-time greats should be broadcasters, as there's obviously no defined correlation between the two skill sets. I'm sure there are a lot of great ex-players who have no aptitude for broadcasting.

Joe Montana tried it for one year and hated it.

Date: October 2, 2017 02:17

keefriff99
When you're right, you're right. Romo's mediocrity made him an asset to us Cowboys-haters, almost like he was a double agent. But seriously, he's always been a likeable guy.

I don't agree that only all-time greats should be broadcasters, as there's obviously no defined correlation between the two skill sets. I'm sure there are a lot of great ex-players who have no aptitude for broadcasting.

Joe Montana tried it for one year and hated it.

It is kind of unusual how the really really great players dont seem to want to announce. Joe said he didn't even like watching NFL games, which I have mixed emotions about, but... he is Joe feekin Montana... so... I say nothing.

When it comes to announcers I mostly don't even notice them.
Heck the only time I have an opinion about them is when I do notice them saying dumb crap too often. I think they should be almost invisible, at least not very noticeable. They should not be the focus of the game.

They should never break the rule about Dont say "That was a good call" more than 5 times in a game. They should help move the game along and make it interesting, but... some of them are just too distracting.

Al Michaels should teach them a course in how to announce, Al is a perfect announcer.

What would Howard Cossell say this?
Probably something about the jockocracy of it all grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 02:18 by Leonioid.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 2, 2017 02:24

One of the all time greats of the game + commentary on the sidelines just became available today just after midnight.. hear he could use a gig. cool smiley

[www.cnn.com]

Date: October 2, 2017 02:24

almost like he was a double agent. grinning smiley I love that!

New conspiracy theory (to taunt my buddies who are Cowboys fans)
The Redskins paid Romo to be like he was! hot smiley

Date: October 2, 2017 02:33

MisterDDDD
One of the all time greats of the game + commentary on the sidelines just became available today just after midnight.. hear he could use a gig. cool smiley

[www.cnn.com]

WHOA!! He would be... then again on, second thought, I might suggest he keep things on the down low, maybe take a page out of Claudine's modus operandi handbook and fade far far far away from public view. Stay out of trouble and stay out of jail.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out for him.

PS
Only spider knows for sure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 02:54 by Leonioid.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 2, 2017 02:41

Romo wasn't bad on the Raiders game. Prefer him to Phil Simms. Now, onto the game. What a poop show that was! Not that they were playing that great but Carr going down with back issue is zero good. Hoping it's minor & he's back in the game next week. I have gotten slaughtered today. Usually I get at least 75% right but I'll be lucky to get 50% this week. Hoping the make up comes 3 weeks from today when I'm watching at the Mirage Sports Book!

Date: October 2, 2017 02:57

jets, dallas, oakland and patriots all have the same record at 2-2. who would have guessed that

Date: October 2, 2017 03:23

keefriffhard4life
jets, dallas, oakland and patriots all have the same record at 2-2. who would have guessed that
I didn't.

Looks like it is shaping up to be another year where no team dominates and anyones team can sneak in and win it all, as long as they don't get a chicken bone caught in their throat, like ATL did last year.

But it is early, I probably should wait until after Thanksgiving to start dreaming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 03:24 by Leonioid.

Date: October 2, 2017 04:20

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
I didn't.

Looks like it is shaping up to be another year where no team dominates and anyones team can sneak in and win it all, as long as they don't get a chicken bone caught in their throat, like ATL did last year.

But it is early, I probably should wait until after Thanksgiving to start dreaming.

i mean i'm not thinking the jets are a playoff team but they are clearly better than people thought

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 2, 2017 05:05

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
I didn't.

i mean i'm not thinking the jets are a playoff team but they are clearly better than people thought

Jets 2 - 2, Giants 0 - 4. NYC is in shock.

Date: October 2, 2017 05:17

Wry Cooter
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
I didn't.

Jets 2 - 2, Giants 0 - 4. NYC is in shock.
Giants are pathetic. My Dad is seriously bummed about by them.

Date: October 2, 2017 05:22

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
I didn't.

Imagine if they had not dumped all of those good players we talked about.
The NFL can be a mystery... Indy playing tough tonight, having some luck, even without Luck

Date: October 2, 2017 06:02

Patriots have given up 128 through four games. They have been shockingly bad on defense.

Date: October 2, 2017 06:14

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
I didn't.

Imagine if they had not dumped all of those good players we talked about.
The NFL can be a mystery... Indy playing tough tonight, having some luck, even without Luck

yeah that long list of 6 or 7 good players. Still though nice to see some progress from a very young team

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 2, 2017 13:28

Seahawks finally woke up for the season in the second half last night. Like the fire from Russell Wilson!

Date: October 2, 2017 19:11

crholmstrom
Seahawks finally woke up for the season in the second half last night. Like the fire from Russell Wilson!

they woke up but no idea if it will continue. the nfl this year seems like a parity mess

Date: October 3, 2017 06:47

I don't want to only be a whiner, so I owe it say that Chucky if a fun announcer, I like him... and the other guy is good too.

KC COVERS THE SPREAD!! lmao!

Date: October 3, 2017 07:48

i watched the game with friends tonight. all I heard all night was alex smith is the exact definition of an average QB. oh well he's 4-0 and probably one of the best QBs ever at not making a mental error

Date: October 3, 2017 08:58

keefriffhard4life
i watched the game with friends tonight. all I heard all night was alex smith is the exact definition of an average QB. oh well he's 4-0 and probably one of the best QBs ever at not making a mental error

Good times tonight, fun game.

How about Smith's run, late in the game, turning nothing into 20-30 yards.... and at the end instead of going out of bounds he stiff armed the safety!!! Who then rag dolled Alex... but then Alex just bounced up grinning a smile that said "Damn I love this game!"

And I just roared with laughter at the end as dumb ole WSH played games and ripped the guts out of 100os of gamblers who had the bet on WSH, andthey had it won! I laughed because gambling real money on football is one of the the silliest thing I ever stopped doing. I turns something fun into something too serious... and when teams do what WSH did at the end... omg!!! BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And I must say... the way Chucky referred to his brother as "Jay Gruden this" and "Jay Gruden that" ... versus saying "My brother this"... my brother that" was very interesting. And no one needs to explain the what/why of it... I understand, but still it is interesting. I could hear something special in his voice... I guess it was pride and respect for his brother.

I like Chucky, he comes prepared even bringing along little clips he knows he will use during the game to make his point. I hated him back when he was with the faders.... but it was hilarious to hear him reminisce about secretly crashing a KC fader hater party one time... and how he made an early exit. grinning smiley

Chucky is the real deal. He is fun, he helps make the game more fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-03 08:59 by Leonioid.

Date: October 3, 2017 09:37

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life

Good times tonight, fun game.

How about Smith's run, late in the game, turning nothing into 20-30 yards.... and at the end instead of going out of bounds he stiff armed the safety!!! Who then rag dolled Alex... but then Alex just bounced up grinning a smile that said "Damn I love this game!"

And I just roared with laughter at the end as dumb ole WSH played games and ripped the guts out of 100os of gamblers who had the bet on WSH, andthey had it won! I laughed because gambling real money on football is one of the the silliest thing I ever stopped doing. I turns something fun into something too serious... and when teams do what WSH did at the end... omg!!! BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And I must say... the way Chucky referred to his brother as "Jay Gruden this" and "Jay Gruden that" ... versus saying "My brother this"... my brother that" was very interesting. And no one needs to explain the what/why of it... I understand, but still it is interesting. I could hear something special in his voice... I guess it was pride and respect for his brother.

I like Chucky, he comes prepared even bringing along little clips he knows he will use during the game to make his point. I hated him back when he was with the faders.... but it was hilarious to hear him reminisce about secretly crashing a KC fader hater party one time... and how he made an early exit. grinning smiley

Chucky is the real deal. He is fun, he helps make the game more fun.

so what are your thoughts on alex smith? is he the exact definition of average or is he just a QB that plays very smart?

Date: October 3, 2017 12:36

keefriffhard4life
so what are your thoughts on alex smith? is he the exact definition of average or is he just a QB that plays very smart?

Are those my only choices?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home