Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 16:44

Are you insane!!!

By the way those players are so stupid that they decided to STAND for God Save Th Queen. Hmm guess they are not informed about all the atrocities the Brits committed over the years, including to my family in Ireland.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2017 17:01

potus43
Are you insane!!!

By the way those players are so stupid that they decided to STAND for God Save Th Queen. Hmm guess they are not informed about all the atrocities the Brits committed over the years, including to my family in Ireland.

I guess I'm burnt out of every matter on earth being politicalized. Yes, I disagree with the disrespect. I never thought this thread would come to this. Very sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-25 17:04 by Chris Fountain.

Date: September 25, 2017 17:21

I got a crazy idea!

How about none ...i mean none of the TV stations even air the nation anthem anymore.

Just wait and go live right at kick off.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 18:04

Chris Fountain
Why not simply remove the National Anthem from sporting events? Let's keep politics out of sports. Do we not have a National Holiday to celebrate our country?
Playing the anthem before sporting events is a load of shit. We don't stand for the Anthem in our homes, nor do we listen to it prior to concerts, plays or movies.

Get rid of it.

The NFL has been trying to militarize its product and make it into America's unofficial religion for years now. The inherent violence of the sport makes it a perfect representation of this country anyway.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 25, 2017 19:37

keefriff99

Collinsworth has been paired with Michaels for YEARS. I think they're a damn solid broadcasting duo.

I understand youngsters do not have much perspective, as they have not been around long, but they are not a solid duo, there has been much better, they can do much better.

From the start Collingsdork has felt like an interim guy, until they find a real broadcaster...

Al is great, Collingsneck is not. He is over due being replaced.

Date: September 25, 2017 19:55

Leonioid
keefriff99

Collinsworth has been paired with Michaels for YEARS. I think they're a damn solid broadcasting duo.

I understand youngsters do not have much perspective, as they have not been around long, but they are not a solid duo, there has been much better, they can do much better.

From the start Collingsdork has felt like an interim guy, until they find a real broadcaster...

Collingsworth is unacceptable as broadcaster for many reasons: I will list a few-

His voice is annoying.

Knowledge of game tries to make you think he knows what the players are thinking.

He really thinks people want to hear his crappy dialog.

Also, he thinks his role is a referee as well.

Not good-

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: September 25, 2017 19:57

potus43
Are you insane!!!

I have to agree with you on this one not trolling!

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 20:06

Cris Collinsworth is cool! Give him a break! He probably reads this thread.. And I did take back all the stuff I said about Boomer last year. Enjoy your thread, football fans! I'd tell you who's gonna win the Super Bowl but I'm keeping it to myself.

Date: September 25, 2017 20:14

Chris Fountain
Leonioid
keefriff99

Collingsworth is unacceptable as broadcaster for many reasons: I will list a few-

His voice is annoying.

Knowledge of game tries to make you think he knows what the players are thinking.

He really thinks people want to hear his crappy dialog.

Also, he thinks his role is a referee as well.

Not good-

Agreed on all points. If I had never seen a good color commentator, I might not know there could be better.... but I want someone in that position telling me something that is not obvious... I can see the game, bad calls, fumbles on my own... a color commentator should tell me other things besides "THAT WAS A GOOD CALL". Chris Captainobviousworthless adds nothing to the broadcast.

I love Al Michaels, great vocie, great insights... over all great, BUT... Al needs a better partner and I do not mean someone like Dennis Miller again... oh man... those were some weird games when he was in the booth.

I tuned in last night for that lame match up, but between the boring game and Collingskreeetchyvoice it was not much fun... they need better matchups on prime time games... or who cares besides home town fans.

Date: September 25, 2017 20:21

grinning smiley Dennis miller... it is like a dream... I had to check to see if I imagined that ...

But sure enough, it was real.

//www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2005/12/Issue-70/$MNF-On-ABC-1970-2005/MNF-On-ABC-Memorable-Quotes-From-The-Dennis-Miller-Era.aspx

e.g.
On Patriots RB J.R. REDMOND coming off “minor groin surgery”: “I'm not sure there is such a thing as minor groin surgery. Anybody who has a sharp instrument around my genitalia, I'm thinking it's major.”

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 21:07

Phil SImms was GREAT color man.

Date: September 26, 2017 02:43

Football on... now

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 03:04 by Leonioid.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 03:30

It's only week 3 but I can't believe my Bears have the same record as the Seahawks!

Date: September 26, 2017 04:48

Leonioid
keefriff99

Ah, the smug condescension oozing from your post...

If you consider a 39 year old a "youngster", I'll surely take it. I'm sure I'm exceedingly young compared to some of you fossils.

Date: September 26, 2017 05:22

Jerry Jones joined the entire Cowboys team by kneeling during the pre-game ceremony. See, the current WH occupant IS a uniter...he's united the entire @#$%& NFL and NBA against him.

At least he has the NASCAR crowd.

Date: September 26, 2017 06:37

keefriff99
Jerry Jones joined the entire Cowboys team by kneeling during the pre-game ceremony. See, the current WH occupant IS a uniter...he's united the entire @#$%& NFL and NBA against him.

At least he has the NASCAR crowd.

Good to see Jerry leading the protest against police killing too many people. I wonder what his next step will be?

Date: September 26, 2017 06:39

I wonder how Jerry's police buddies will feel about him stepping up against them.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 26, 2017 10:06

DGA35
It's only week 3 but I can't believe my Bears have the same record as the Seahawks!

I heard that! sad smiley

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: September 26, 2017 15:18

potus43
No one was better than the GREAT John Madden !!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 26, 2017 15:25

DGA35

and the jets

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 26, 2017 16:35

keefriffhard4life
DGA35

and the jets

I heard that too! sad smiley

Date: September 26, 2017 16:58

potus43

Agreed. With respect to the NFL, in general, - Summerall & Madden were the best ever!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 26, 2017 17:16

Always enjoyed the MNF broadcasts with Howard Cosell, Dandy Don Meredith and Frank Gifford..
Howard is also credited with coming up with the line "he could go all the way".. long before it became Chris Berman's signature line..

He also broke the news to millions (myself included) of Lennon's death..

"Yes, we have to say it. Remember this is just a football game, no matter who wins or loses. An unspeakable tragedy confirmed to us by ABC News in New York City: John Lennon, outside of his apartment building on the West Side of New York City, the most famous, perhaps, of all of The Beatles, shot twice in the back, rushed to Roosevelt Hospital, dead on arrival. Hard to go back to the game after that news flash, which in duty bound, we have to take." ”

Date: September 26, 2017 17:19

MisterDDDD
Always enjoyed the MNF broadcasts with Howard Cosell, Dandy Don Meredith and Frank Gifford..
Howard is also credited with coming up with the line "he could go all the way".. long before it became Chris Berman's signature line..

He also broke the news to millions (myself included) of Lennon's death..

"Yes, we have to say it. Remember this is just a football game, no matter who wins or loses. An unspeakable tragedy confirmed to us by ABC News in New York City: John Lennon, outside of his apartment building on the West Side of New York City, the most famous, perhaps, of all of The Beatles, shot twice in the back, rushed to Roosevelt Hospital, dead on arrival. Hard to go back to the game after that news flash, which in duty bound, we have to take." ”
Eloquent, simple words. Such a nightmarish, pointless act of violence.

Date: September 26, 2017 18:36

Hats off the the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones.

They stood united. Took a knee.

And then stood as a team for the National Anthem

Made their point for both sides.

Jerry is hard to take on a lot of things.

But he deserves a lot of respect for recognizing both sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 18:37 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 22:41

As far as announcers go, I like Troy Aikman with Joe Buck. I know a lot of people aren't fans of Buck's.

Date: September 26, 2017 22:54

jumpontopofmebaby
Hats off the the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones.

They stood united. Took a knee.

And then stood as a team for the National Anthem

Made their point for both sides.

Jerry is hard to take on a lot of things.

But he deserves a lot of respect for recognizing both sides.

The side which says police killing too many innocent people is OK is the wrong side.

Kaepernick started these protests, and I quote, "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

[www.nfl.com]

For some reason the media is ignoring the purpose of the protests and only talking about the concept of protesting...

I am not being political, or opinions, I am stating the facts

Date: September 26, 2017 23:02

MrMibbs
thumbs up

I wish John would come back, he was great! He would give insight in to the game which I did not know.

I like Troy Aikman, but Joe Bucks deadpan delivery makes it seem like he doesnt really want to be there... more like he would rather be watching/commentating about reality TV. And buck, like collingsworthless, adds very little to the broadcast, both are captain obvious.

""Joe Buck Admits He Rarely Watches Sports And Doesn't Enjoy Baseball Anymore"" [awfulannouncing.blogspot.com]

"" In an interview with Colin Cowherd this morning, Buck says watches "barely any" sports and says that when he announces baseball games "it's just not as special and unique as it used to be...that's just the way it is." "" [deadspin.com]

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 27, 2017 04:18

More Hot Rocks
How about those Bills???
could be 3-0

Date: September 27, 2017 04:22

Leonioid
MrMibbs
thumbs up

I wish John would come back, he was great! He would give insight in to the game which I did not know.

I like Troy Aikman, but Joe Bucks deadpan delivery makes it seem like he doesnt really want to be there... more like he would rather be watching/commentating about reality TV. And buck, like collingsworthless, adds very little to the broadcast, both are captain obvious.

""Joe Buck Admits He Rarely Watches Sports And Doesn't Enjoy Baseball Anymore"" [awfulannouncing.blogspot.com]

"" In an interview with Colin Cowherd this morning, Buck says watches "barely any" sports and says that when he announces baseball games "it's just not as special and unique as it used to be...that's just the way it is." "" [deadspin.com]
Joe Buck is terrible. I've listened to interviews with him and he seems like a cool guy with a good sense of humor, but his actual announcing is lifeless and bland.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home