Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 61
Re: Mick Jagger "Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost"
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 4, 2017 10:22

Guess it's time for the no filter tour...

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: August 4, 2017 10:24

latebloomer

Doxa, take a break if you must, but don't go. We love you!

Yeah Doxa don't leave in a huff! This place will feel empty.
All we are saying is give discord a chance...

Date: August 4, 2017 10:29

JadedFaded
"Why are we fighting? Why are we fighting? We don't want to fight at all. Who wants to fight, who is it? Every other scene has been cool. We gotta stop right now. You know, if we can't there's no point . . ."

I love the Stones. I love Mick. I love Keith. Got all their solo albums too. I like some stuff better than others, but all their music is a gift. Without the Stones, I'd never get through cleaning the house. They make everything easier. smiling smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2017 10:35

Stay Doxa .... don't let the pricks get ya down ....

I'll send ya some Aussie beer ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 4, 2017 10:47

stranger things happen here. also, it can happen that there's weirdo like me that love both CH (but think that a couple of tracks could have been omitted) AND EL (but not GGAG that much) and I confess myself guilty of not having ever listened to GOTD in its entirety... who's without sin? drinking smiley

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 4, 2017 11:13

Doxa can't go because if he does I will never get the post he was going to send in reply to my post . DOXA PLEASE DON'T GO.

Why did you say Er Dande

Date: August 4, 2017 11:18

retired_dog
Be careful, Doxa - the Keithettes camp becomes a little thin-skinned as of lately...some simply get childish, some try to "provoke" comments and feel "persecuted" when you do just that - comment (maybe just not like expected, in praise of "Buddah"). What's next?

Why are you doing this?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 4, 2017 11:23

I am mainly a reader here (and with absenses as well), only sometimes a poster.

Formerly I was "65 against 35" as to balance between Mick and Keith on the question of expanding what Rolling Stones music as a brand may comprise. (Added: The personal preference of mine for) that balance has since then developed into approaching "95 against 5". I find the two "Mick Jagger songs" (read as the two Keith vetoed out Rolling Stones songs) much interesting and stimulating, while to me CROSSEYED HEART seems clever, but, I have to say once again, quite boring. My expectations to a possible Rolling Stones studio album consequently rather subdued.

It follows that I will much miss your voice here, Doxa, even more than also some of your opponents are going to do. In a still higher degree the Keithette ideology will then prevail on this forum.

Somewhere I would have liked to read your thoughts on Mick Jagger in the TV-film about how the Havana concert came about, referring to somebody's reaction to himself as a reaction to his role model (or some expression like that).

[During one of my absences I fell 30 pages behind in the Mick Jagger solo threead: Now is possibly my last chance to say that I disagree to some extent with your GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY review. In all shortness, remarkably good songs to me are "Hide Away" and especially "Don't Call Me Up".]

Thank you so much for your immense and thought inspiring input, Doxa, whatever you end up doing.

Edit: A clarifying addition as indicated above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-04 12:33 by Witness.

Date: August 4, 2017 11:41

Witness

Formerly I was "65 against 35" as to balance between Mick and Keith on the question of expanding what Rolling Stones music as a brand may comprise. That balance has since then developed into approaching "95 against 5". I find the two "Mick Jagger songs" (read as the two Keith vetoed out Rolling Stones songs) much interesting and stimulating, while to me CROSSEYED HEART seems clever, but, I have to say once again, quite boring. My expectations to a possible Rolling Stones studio album consequently rather subdued.

It follows that I will much miss your voice here, Doxa, even more than also some of your opponents are going to do. In a still higher degree the Keithette ideology will then prevail on this forum.

Somewhere I would have liked to read your thoughts on Mick Jagger in the TV-film about how the Havana concert came about, referring to somebody's reaction to himself as a reaction to his role model (or some expression like that).

[During one of my absences I fell 30 pages behind in the Mick Jagger solo threead: Now is possibly my last chance to say that I disagree to some extent with your GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY review. In all shortness, remarkably good songs to me are "Hide Away" and especially "Don't Call Me Up".]

Thank you so much for your immense and thought inspiring input, Doxa, whatever you end up doing.

Is it a competition? I love them both, and I think they're at their best when they work together.

Date: August 4, 2017 11:52

DandelionPowderman
Witness

Formerly I was "65 against 35" as to balance between Mick and Keith on the question of expanding what Rolling Stones music as a brand may comprise. That balance has since then developed into approaching "95 against 5". I find the two "Mick Jagger songs" (read as the two Keith vetoed out Rolling Stones songs) much interesting and stimulating, while to me CROSSEYED HEART seems clever, but, I have to say once again, quite boring. My expectations to a possible Rolling Stones studio album consequently rather subdued.

Is it a competition? I love them both, and I think they're at their best when they work together.

ABSOLUTELY. This is beyond question. if anyone thinks Mick or Keith have done better working alone, we'll what can I say.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 4, 2017 11:55

It is not a competition, but about their attitudes towards creating stuff that the Stones have not formerly done to that extent.

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 4, 2017 12:01

stone4ever

Why did you say Er Dande

I think he's trying to say latebloomer is a female, Riffs...

Date: August 4, 2017 12:34

z
stone4ever

Why did you say Er Dande

I think he's trying to say latebloomer is a female, Riffs...

Oh no lol. I would never have given him a hard time had I know he was a she hehe
Thanks for letting me know Z

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2017 12:56

Yeah latebloomer is female and a lovely gentle lady with it toooooo ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 4, 2017 14:46

Exactly how are we supposed to know the sex of a poster. I was called Jane yesterday. I can't really sign off as penis. Can't we have first names or something.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 4, 2017 14:49

From what I can tell so far it's not selling well. Is that correct?

Date: August 4, 2017 14:49

I'm listening to the remixes for the first time now. It's easy to recognise Ronnie on the intro guitar + on the little guitar solo in the ending on the Kevin Parker-remix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-04 14:52 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 4, 2017 14:54

These remixes are not for me...

Date: August 4, 2017 14:59

I noticed that Matt Clifford brought in elements from England Lost into Gotta Get A Grip in his remix (the intro).

Date: August 4, 2017 15:02

DandelionPowderman

Careful some people will take that as an outrageous personal assault to the very core of their inner sanctum. How very dare you.winking smiley

Date: August 4, 2017 15:05

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman

Careful some people will take that as an outrageous personal assault to the very core of their inner sanctum. How very dare you.winking smiley

But Mick didn't do the remixes..

Date: August 4, 2017 15:06

Harlem Shuffler

Shush you will spoil the party, people here were dead set on this outselling satisfaction winking smiley

Date: August 4, 2017 15:08

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman

But Mick didn't do the remixes..

His voice is on it and that's all that matters winking smiley

Date: August 4, 2017 15:16

In England i haven't heard a single word about Micks release on radio , tv, news, media, chat shows, nothing. I'm not entirely sure this hasn't been some sort of illusion or hoax. Are we in some sort of twilight zone where this release matters to the world.
Geargelicks how is this selling, i bought it and i know a few from here bought it.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 4, 2017 15:34

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
Be careful, Doxa - the Keithettes camp becomes a little thin-skinned as of lately...some simply get childish, some try to "provoke" comments and feel "persecuted" when you do just that - comment (maybe just not like expected, in praise of "Buddah"). What's next?

Why are you doing this?

Like I said, case closed. I'm not going to repeat myself. For further investigation, just read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-04 15:44 by retired_dog.

Date: August 4, 2017 15:51

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog

Why are you doing this?

Like I said, case closed. I'm not going to repeat myself. For further investigation, just read.

You're one of the best posters on here. No need to fire up potential conflicts that can be resolved, imo.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 4, 2017 16:02

This stuff is going over my head. Not sure I understand the animosity or the reason for it.
Looking at that active Keith 'tearing it up' thread, you read a lot of comments about his best work, plus quite a bit of frank talk about his limitations and his foibles and when things weren't so good.

Date: August 4, 2017 16:14

wonderboy
This stuff is going over my head. Not sure I understand the animosity or the reason for it.
Looking at that active Keith 'tearing it up' thread, you read a lot of comments about his best work, plus quite a bit of frank talk about his limitations and his foibles and when things weren't so good.

Many people don't notice / choose to ignore that part.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 4, 2017 16:19

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 4, 2017 16:21

stone4ever
Harlem Shuffler

Shush you will spoil the party, people here were dead set on this outselling satisfaction winking smiley

Only if we were on commission (getting paid)

I think the marketing was handled poorly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1436
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home