Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Date: June 23, 2017 10:55

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
No, it doesn't. You are perhaps thinking of the Roundhouse tracks? Leeds sounds pretty much like it did on the bootleg.

There's only the admittedly minor difference that the bootlegs were all in mono and the official release in true stereo for the first time.

And that's an important distinction. JJF and LWM as well smiling smiley

IMO, Leeds isn't remixed at all - as in multitrack-mixed + effects on each instrument/panning etc.

But I'm happy with Leeds as well as with the whole SF Deluxe release. It's marvellous.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 23, 2017 13:02

GasLightStreet
TheGreek
shortfatfanny
TheGreek
So when does this CD get released in the stores ? (L&G )

It's out for a couple of days...
I checked BestBuy and it's not even listed ?

Best Buy sucks. I gave up. Amazon only.
Really , I actually saved $6.00 on the triple CD/DVD OF THE NEW Prince Purple Rain super deluxe edition that is being sold elsewhere for $31.00.Not to shabby in my neck of the woods .

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 23, 2017 14:01

DandelionPowderman
No, it doesn't. You are perhaps thinking of the Roundhouse tracks? Leeds sounds pretty much like it did on the bootleg.

No. I'm thinking of the Leeds show. The Roundhouse tracks are in a different league and sounds very much like the bonus stuff released on Ya-Ya's.
The Leeds show is in true stereo and sounds way better on the official release than both the original Ya-Ya's and L&G.

Date: June 23, 2017 14:25

Blueranger
DandelionPowderman

No. I'm thinking of the Leeds show. The Roundhouse tracks are in a different league and sounds very much like the bonus stuff released on Ya-Ya's.
The Leeds show is in true stereo and sounds way better on the official release than both the original Ya-Ya's and L&G.

It's in stereo indeed, there is some bottom added in the mastering process, but the instruments are untouched (unlike on Brussels, Ya Yas, LA Forum and SG Live In Texas – which are all mixed) and they do NOT sound considerably better than on the bootleg - apart from being more pleasant to listen to in stereo, imo.

BOOTLEG:

[www.youtube.com]

OFFICIAL STEREO RELEASE:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 23, 2017 20:14

I ordered the CD from Amazon (deliv. Sunday)
Only listen to CD's in my auto solo RS 'church' drive looks in order.
Since I'm not a bootlegger should sound fresh...

Date: June 23, 2017 22:31

Are there three guitars on Love In Vain before the drums kick in?

Or an extreme slow delay?

Something similar happens on Bobby's BS sax solo...

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: June 24, 2017 05:46

I think that live at Texas is awesome. A bit of a rough start but then they are off and running. The band is totally hot. Not just the warhorses but Keith's playing on far away eyes is great. They seem to be enjoying themselves.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 24, 2017 08:45

DandelionPowderman
Blueranger
DandelionPowderman

It's in stereo indeed, there is some bottom added in the mastering process, but the instruments are untouched (unlike on Brussels, Ya Yas, LA Forum and SG Live In Texas – which are all mixed) and they do NOT sound considerably better than on the bootleg - apart from being more pleasant to listen to in stereo, imo.

BOOTLEG:

[www.youtube.com]

OFFICIAL STEREO RELEASE:

[www.youtube.com]

Perhaps it's an ancient stereo mix from 1971 of the whole show, and the mono portion delivered to the BBC for broadcast that appears on all the bootlegs was just a folddown of the 1971 stereo mix. Let it Rock is circulating in stereo for decades now, but I still have to compare if it's exactly the same stereo mix as the version found on Sticky Deluxe. The BBC archive tape starts with Dead Flowers and ends with Let It Rock, btw. - they never had JJF and Live With Me.

In contrast to this, Roundhouse seems to be a recent mix from the original multitracks and clearly shows what fantastic sound is possible from old multitracks mixed with modern technology. There's no reason that the same could not be done with 1972 multitracks if they still have 'em in satisfactory condition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-24 08:51 by retired_dog.

Date: June 24, 2017 09:31

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Blueranger
DandelionPowderman

BOOTLEG:

[www.youtube.com]

OFFICIAL STEREO RELEASE:

[www.youtube.com]

Perhaps it's an ancient stereo mix from 1971 of the whole show, and the mono portion delivered to the BBC for broadcast that appears on all the bootlegs was just a folddown of the 1971 stereo mix. Let it Rock is circulating in stereo for decades now, but I still have to compare if it's exactly the same stereo mix as the version found on Sticky Deluxe. The BBC archive tape starts with Dead Flowers and ends with Let It Rock, btw. - they never had JJF and Live With Me.

In contrast to this, Roundhouse seems to be a recent mix from the original multitracks and clearly shows what fantastic sound is possible from old multitracks mixed with modern technology. There's no reason that the same could not be done with 1972 multitracks if they still have 'em in satisfactory condition.

thumbs up

Date: June 25, 2017 00:15

CD today, I understand music instruments 'not up front' can't hear them clear enough I hear what you mean but simultaneously THEY (the THEY, Keith Mick T. Bill Charlie) sound like they are standing close together on a smaller stage that comes thru, too.
I had 'Happy' full volume couldn't help it that's the #1 live 'Happy' then comes 'Tumbling Dice' it's the holy grail
the holy grail RS 1972 Exile live

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-25 00:16 by 35love.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 25, 2017 00:22

Speaking of Roundhouse, a full show would be sweet.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 25, 2017 00:26

35love
CD today, I understand music instruments 'not up front' can't hear them clear enough I hear what you mean but simultaneously THEY (the THEY, Keith Mick T. Bill Charlie) sound like they are standing close together on a smaller stage that comes thru, too.
I had 'Happy' full volume couldn't help it that's the #1 live 'Happy' then comes 'Tumbling Dice' it's the holy grail
the holy grail RS 1972 Exile live

I like your review !

Date: June 25, 2017 00:55

itune download
Happy, TD
'10'
'10'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-25 01:36 by 35love.

Date: June 25, 2017 04:20

'The holy grail of live Exile'
and you can't hear the guitars.
If that's not the metaphor/ irony of life/ sum of my RS relationship,
I don't know what is.
After a few more go arounds, it's like a knife slice at points/ can't hear the best guitar riffs in the world? Yeah, okay. They're not loud enough.
LOL.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 25, 2017 12:31

Happy deserves to be on their next "best of album". It's just as good as Midnight Rambler on Ya Yasthumbs up

Date: June 25, 2017 12:46

My favourite on L&G is Sweet Virginia. Perfection! thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 25, 2017 14:48

bleedingman
Speaking of Roundhouse, a full show would be sweet.

Make that "both full shows" would be sweet.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 25, 2017 14:58

DandelionPowderman

Love in vain is fantastic toosmileys with beer

Date: June 25, 2017 15:55

S.T.P
DandelionPowderman

Love in vain is fantastic toosmileys with beer

Absolutely! smileys with beer

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 25, 2017 16:36

Love In Vain and You Cant Always.. are my favs..they are perfection.

Date: June 25, 2017 18:03

Eleanor Rigby
Love In Vain and You Cant Always.. are my favs..they are perfection.

Ha! Going out for a Sunday drive, haven't heard those yet, Happy and TD
had me round and round the bend-
so fun, thanks RS

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 25, 2017 18:17

Gimme shelter is great , too.
Jeroen

Date: June 25, 2017 22:00

I must have unconsciously known this was a Sunday matinée show/
said I was going to religious exp. new CD Sunday drive
and Jagger asks: why aren't you in church?
This album's like Ya Ya's- parties never to be lived again loud MF Stones and I'm hugging the speaker right there too.
I do have a headache from having to play it TOP volume to hear the band better
wooooo eeeee what a concert holy holy

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 25, 2017 22:15

S.T.P
Happy deserves to be on their next "best of album". It's just as good as Midnight Rambler on Ya Yasthumbs up

Happy has keith vocal overdubs

Date: June 25, 2017 22:41

Oh dear, I'm really behind the clock/ never saw this movie/ and did not know about this party in 2010-
(copied)

"Re-mastered in HD digital, the film also features an introduction by Mick Jagger, interviewed in summer 2010 at the London Dorchester Hotel. This segment features Jagger reflecting on memories of the tour during this legendary time, and the status of The Rolling Stones. This film was released at selected Showcase Cinemas in UK the following day, on Friday 17 September 2010. On 12 October 2010, it was issued on DVD and Blu"

It's all good I don't video anyway...

Date: June 25, 2017 22:51

And now I read this from Vanity Fair
[www.vanityfair.com]
and have to see it soon.
Don't mind me, I appear to be waking up from a coma. Or in one, maybe.
smiling smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 25, 2017 23:35

Love in vain and dead flowers for me

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 26, 2017 08:46

Sweet Virginia. Best version I know.
Love all down the line.

Tumbling and happy: I prefer the bootleg brussels affair. These are stronger

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: June 26, 2017 15:34

I just listened to a track of this official release...and I know the tech's out there might like sharing the sound examinations...and right I understand how these folks want a remastered perfect sound as close to being in the 5th row center as you can get.....

BUT, I can say I am very pleased to hear this one, since it's been a long time since I heard this on one of my collectables...that I used to share with others...the bootleg.

It was pure joy for me to hear You Can't Always Get What You Want....and astonished that the band is releasing these gems that fans have been clamoring for, for years. I really enjoy hearing this release, and thankful that The Stones are giving it to us...... I love it !

SAN JOSE NO SECURITY PLEASE....BOTH SHOWS..... :-)

Date: June 27, 2017 15:46

deardoctor
Sweet Virginia. Best version I know.
Love all down the line.

Tumbling and happy: I prefer the bootleg brussels affair. These are stronger

"Tumbling Dice" ...... I agree Brussels is the best ..... but on 'Nasty Remixes' 20-bit master source or 'Europe '73' gold CD , maybe 'Bedspring Symphony' as a 3rd option.

"Happy" ......... For me,the best is on 'The Stars in the Sky,They Never Lie' from the Midnight Beat label.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home