Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 24
Re: Wyman hit by "me too"
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:21

keithsman
I wonder why Bill gets the rap and not Mick and Ronnie, it's like Bill is out on his own now, he doesn't get that comfort bubble of the Stones organisation.
What exactly did Mick too?

We're not talking about hazy rumors of under-aged groupies in the '60s and '70s. We're talking about a documented case of a 47 year old man ill-advisedly dating a 13 year old girl.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:24

keefriff99
keithsman
I wonder why Bill gets the rap and not Mick and Ronnie, it's like Bill is out on his own now, he doesn't get that comfort bubble of the Stones organisation.

We're not talking about hazy rumors of under-aged groupies in the '60s and '70s. We're talking about a documented case of a 47 year old man ill-advisedly dating a 13 year old girl.

13 ?? she wasn't 13 was she.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:34

Even more weird if i remember Bill's son was dating Mandy's mother

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:38

keithsman
keefriff99
keithsman

13 ?? she wasn't 13 was she.

I don't care he was a Rolling Stone. He's a sick pedophile that should of been locked up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-24 18:38 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: March 24, 2019 18:44

Mandy Smith admits they had a physical relationship when she was 14. You can try putting a positive spin on it - she threw herself at him - he was kind to her - he looked after her etc etc. But the bottom line is under UK law he could have served a jail sentence. So us Stones fans try and turn blind eye. He was/is a great bass player and how would we react if attractive young and not-so-young women were lining themselves up at our door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-24 18:46 by MrTurner.

Date: March 24, 2019 18:48

MrTurner
Mandy Smith admits they had a physical relationship when she was 14. You can try putting a positive spin on it - she threw herself at him - he was kind to her - he looked after her etc etc. But the bottom line is under UK law he could have served a jail sentence. So us Stones fans try and turn blind eye. He was/is a great bass player and how would we react if young and not-so-young women were lining themselves up at our door.

Bill doesn't have the drink and drugs as an excuse either, it's not like he was out of it, he is a twitched on intelligent man and knew exactly what he was doing, makes you wonder how many others there has been. Mandy was 18 when they married, i had no idea she was 13 at the beginning of their relationship.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2019 19:11

Feel badly for Bill Wyman and hope this doesn't impact other premiers of the documentary (Tribeca Film Fest etc)
or the general release of the film.

On a somewhat selfish and protective level, I find myself concerned that it could somehow morph into an issue for the current band. Not likely, as we all know the chances of him making any further "guest appearances" were already slim to none.

But, as recently as the most recent UK leg of this tour, there were hopes of him appearing (last time in UK etc).
While the "issue" may be several decades old, if this had reared it's head before the 50th anniversary shows, he likely wouldn't have appeared, so not completely outside the realm of possibility the issue could still have an impact.

Looking forward to seeing how/if the relationship and the backlash from it at the time is portrayed in the film.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 24, 2019 19:27

In time I am sure this will get round to The Rolling Stones and other 60's and 70's bands in a more legacy damaging way.

There's plenty to crucify them about and much of it is not exactly hidden.

Regardless...

I love The Rolling Stones.

Date: March 24, 2019 21:12

His Majesty
In time I am sure this will get round to The Rolling Stones and other 60's and 70's bands in a more legacy damaging way.

Regardless...

That's my worry, we are getting to a time where anything deemed incorrect will be censored, i can see a day in the not too distant future where it will be wrong for anyone to play this music based on the morel high ground of the likes of twitter facebook and Instagram.
We already have Mick changing the lyrics on certain songs, i wonder where it all ends up, the Stones are sexist sort of thing so must be censored etc etc.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: March 24, 2019 21:31

keithsman
His Majesty

Regardless...

That's my worry, we are getting to a time where anything deemed incorrect will be censored, i can see a day in the not too distant future where it will be wrong for anyone to play this music based on the morel high ground of the likes of twitter facebook and Instagram.
We already have Mick changing the lyrics on certain songs, i wonder where it all ends up, the Stones are sexist sort of thing so must be censored etc etc.

People need to step up. Once again a small minority of loud lefties run things and decide what others can watch. The right wing needs a spokesman that we all stand behind. Boycott anyone that caters to the left wing mob. That will end this crap.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 24, 2019 21:39

stanlove

People need to step up. Once again a small minority of loud lefties run things and decide what others can watch. The right wing needs a spokesman that we all stand behind. Boycott anyone that caters to the left wing mob. That will end this crap.

"You caaaan't aaallways git what you waa-aant"...

- Doxa

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 24, 2019 21:41

Left wing mob? The Meetoo movement is a liberal feminist movement. Nothing else.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 24, 2019 21:42

Bill Wyman may have made a mistake decades ago. "Me too" is a hysterical movement. There is no point in trying to find out what happened inside other people's pants in the past.

Date: March 24, 2019 21:43

Stoneage
Left wing mob? The Meetoo movement is a liberal feminist movement. Nothing else.

It is a leftist movement and leftists are pulling this crap on all kinds of people for all different reasons. I believe that deep down you actually know that. I don't look at this as much different as left wing mobs tearing down old statues and so on and so on. They the minority think they should decide for everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-24 21:44 by stanlove.

Date: March 24, 2019 21:45

windmelody
Bill Wyman may have made a mistake decades ago. "Me too" is a hysterical movement. There is no point in trying to find out what happened inside other people's pants in the past.

If they want to try him for a crime than do it. If not than let us decide what we see. It's that simple.

Date: March 24, 2019 21:50

windmelody

It was a different time and things need to be looked at like that. For all of history up until the last 20 years or so older men and younger girls did hook up and nobody thought that much about it. Now because society has hanged the loud minority mob wants to destroy people who did things when it was normal for the time. And people put up with it.

Date: March 24, 2019 21:50

stanlove
Stoneage

It is a leftist movement and leftists are pulling this crap on all kinds of people for all different reasons. I believe that deep down you actually know that. I don't look at this as much different as left wing mobs tearing down old statues and so on and so on. They the minority think they should decide for everyone.

You're wrong. It's a liberal feminist agenda. It sorts under identity politics. Which is a social-liberal agenda. People use the term "left" carelessly these days. And left in the US isn't the same as left in Europe. And so on...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 24, 2019 21:52

stanlove
keithsman
His Majesty

Regardless...

Ah yes, the "powerless" right wing. Such poor, put-upon, downtrodden sods.

You people are the biggest, loudest, nastiest bullies on the planet and you have limitless financial resources. Your persecution complex is laughable and pathetic.

Date: March 24, 2019 21:52

Always separate the artist from the music. Their personal lives don't get in the way of their music so why should I care.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 24, 2019 21:54

It is not hysterical to put an end to active predatory child abusers, or sexual abusers in the work force,
out of business and out of action.
That is not left, right, male or female,
it is the law.

Date: March 24, 2019 21:57

35love
It is not hysterical to put an end to active predatory child abusers, or sexual abusers in the work force,
it is the law.

If you find out that Wyman is an ACTIVE in any of this I would agree. That is not what is happening here and you know it. I don't even know why you posted that to be honest.

Wyman did it during a different period when things were different. Yes it is the left who is trying to destroy anyone who ever did something they don't approve of and I believe you now that also.

If someone wanted to skip Wyman's film because of it I would understand but like usualy that is not what is going on here., They ( the mob ) has once again decided what others should watch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-24 22:02 by stanlove.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:01

he hit me pretty hard. i'm still trying to thank him.
ain't even clicking on a link.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:05

This may have something to do with the bad publicity surrounding recent documentaries about Michael Jackson and R Kelly rather than Bill's documentary itself. Bill didn't seem to make a lifetime habit of what he did in that one instance, so maybe with time, the documentary will be released in some form.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-24 22:08 by marianna.

Date: March 24, 2019 22:13

Soon BV will be here with the scythe. This one turned political too. Hard to avoid, everything is political these days. I don't mind it. I find it interesting. But BV don't...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:40

stanlove
35love
it is the law.

If you find out that Wyman is an ACTIVE in any of this I would agree. That is not what is happening here and you know it. I don't even know why you posted that to be honest.

Wyman did it during a different period when things were different. Yes it is the left who is trying to destroy anyone who ever did something they don't approve of and I believe you now that also.

If someone wanted to skip Wyman's film because of it I would understand but like usualy that is not what is going on here., They ( the mob ) has once again decided what others should watch.

* I find you inflammatory, and earlier troll statements ‘hysterical metoo’ or
‘it’s a left political’ no it’s a ‘right political’

I have stated here, and elsewhere Bill Wyman topics get deterred, which is sadly too often on a Rolling Stones fan board,
that I look at case by case before I offer my opinion
and repeated
‘I stand up for Bill Wyman’
and my thoughts behind why,
although I loathe this topic,
and the paid or non paid shrilly posters that come with it.

I am a law abiding citizen who pays taxes to live in a law abiding place best we can.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:41

I recently re-read "Stone Alone" and Bill's ongoing boasting about his (and Brian's) sexual exploits actually made me a bit queasy. We get it, Bill, you guys had a lot of sex. "I don't want your ID" indeed.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:48

Stoneage
Soon BV will be here with the scythe. This one turned political too. Hard to avoid, everything is political these days. I don't mind it. I find it interesting. But BV don't...

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. No offense meant. Respect is important.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:52

bleedingman
I recently re-read "Stone Alone" and Bill's ongoing boasting about his (and Brian's) sexual exploits actually made me a bit queasy. We get it, Bill, you guys had a lot of sex. "I don't want your ID" indeed.

Well, a lot of the lyrics of Stones songs, and blues songs for that matter, are just that.
And we sing along with them.

Date: March 24, 2019 22:54

35love
stanlove
35love
it is the law.

* I find you inflammatory, and earlier troll statements ‘hysterical metoo’ or
‘it’s a left political’ no it’s a ‘right political’

I have stated here, and elsewhere Bill Wyman topics get deterred, which is sadly too often on a Rolling Stones fan board,
that I look at case by case before I offer my opinion
and repeated
‘I stand up for Bill Wyman’
and my thoughts behind why,
although I loathe this topic,
and the paid or non paid shrilly posters that come with it.

I am a law abiding citizen who pays taxes to live in a law abiding place best we can.

Please tell me more, paid posters, seriously ?? that explains a lot.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 24, 2019 22:57

Glam Descendant
[deadline.com]

Cowards.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home