Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28
Re: OT: U2
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 16, 2017 00:00

If you can handle/want to stand (I can "handle" it but its never my preference) from everything I've heard about U2 thats the way to go. Its hard to fault anything with that: they are cheap and you can actually get very close, especially in a stadium. Me personally, I like a seat and even though its cheaper I just don't want to deal with that potential hassle. But if thats not a concern for you, I've heard those floor tickets are one of the fairest and best aspects about being a U2 fan.

Date: May 16, 2017 00:13

RollingFreak
If you can handle/want to stand (I can "handle" it but its never my preference) from everything I've heard about U2 thats the way to go. Its hard to fault anything with that: they are cheap and you can actually get very close, especially in a stadium. Me personally, I like a seat and even though its cheaper I just don't want to deal with that potential hassle. But if thats not a concern for you, I've heard those floor tickets are one of the fairest and best aspects about being a U2 fan.

OK thanks

Just not sure. I can handle it. Just like a seat and easy access to beer and

restroom.

Do not like having to fight my way back to my space where my friend would be if nature called or I need a beer

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 16, 2017 03:44

Read the latest concert review.Bono should stick to music and avoid
US politics.His liberal tears are like drops of honey which he
can use to flavor his coffee.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 03:53

Midnight Toker
Read the latest concert review.Bono should stick to music and avoid
US politics.His liberal tears are like drops of honey which he
can use to flavor his coffee.
You voted for a psychopath out of spite. He is running this country into the ground in short order, and you cheer him on like a monkey because he has an "R" next to his name.

You've failed as a citizen and as a human being.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-16 03:54 by keefriff99.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 16, 2017 06:08

The floor was awesome in Vancouver! You could pretty much walk right up to the Red Zone and had great view of the main stage and the B stage. Impressive screen.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 16, 2017 07:39

keefriff99=i am an independent. i didn't vote for anyone in the prior election. you need to go back to your safe space and if that is occupied, which i am sure it is, you and your pals can put on your black hoodies and masks, and go block a freeway entrance or destroy someones property. you libtards are great at that.
grow yourself a spine and some thicker skin. while you are at it,figure out what free speech is.you bleeding heart liberals and your political correctness are destroying america. have a nice day. your liberal tears make my tea sweet as can be.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 11:11

Midnight Toker
keefriff99=i am an independent. i didn't vote for anyone in the prior election.

Got what you deserve then if you couldn't bring yourself/be bothered to vote.

Rod

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: May 16, 2017 11:33

very nice setlist for the Seattle show

1. sunday bloody sunday
2. new years day
3. a sort of homecoming
4. bad
5. pride
6. where the streets...
7. still havent found...
8. with or without you
9. bullet the blue sky
10. running to stand still
11. red hill mining town
12. in gods country
13. trip through your wires
14. one tree hill
15. exit
16. mothers of the disapperard (with Eddie Vedder)
-------------------------------------------------------
17. beatiful day
18. elevation
19. ultraviolet
20. one
-----------------------------------------------------
21. miss sarajevo
22. the little things that give you away
23. I will Follow

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 16, 2017 12:30

superglen
very nice setlist for the Seattle show

1. sunday bloody sunday
2. new years day
3. a sort of homecoming
4. bad
5. pride
6. where the streets...
7. still havent found...
8. with or without you
9. bullet the blue sky
10. running to stand still
11. red hill mining town
12. in gods country
13. trip through your wires
14. one tree hill
15. exit
16. mothers of the disapperard (with Eddie Vedder)
-------------------------------------------------------
17. beatiful day
18. elevation
19. ultraviolet
20. one
-----------------------------------------------------
21. miss sarajevo
22. the little things that give you away
23. I will Follow

Ben Harper (yay) & Mumford spawn (boo) came out during Mothers of the Disappeared also.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 16, 2017 17:31

bitusa2012
Midnight Toker

Citizen voting has zero to do with POTUS. The Electoral College strictly/only determines who becomes POTUS. The EC does not have to go by how people voted.

Bono is accurate with saying the government should fear its citizens and not the other way around.

From what I've seen the JOSHUA TREE 2017 tour looks great. Nice stage!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2017 18:16

Have a great time to all who are going...wake me up when it's over.

Date: May 17, 2017 05:58

GasLightStreet
bitusa2012
Midnight Toker

Citizen voting has zero to do with POTUS. The Electoral College strictly/only determines who becomes POTUS. The EC does not have to go by how people voted.

Bono is accurate with saying the government should fear its citizens and not the other way around.

So when the citizens vote one way in an individual State, show me once where the EC voted the other. I completely understand the mechanics of the crazy US system. I know WHY it is there also. But to say citizens votes don't count is silly. HOW they vote in each State IS how the EC votes.

Rod

Date: May 17, 2017 17:04

bitusa2012
GasLightStreet
bitusa2012
Midnight Toker

So when the citizens vote one way in an individual State, show me once where the EC voted the other. I completely understand the mechanics of the crazy US system. I know WHY it is there also. But to say citizens votes don't count is silly. HOW they vote in each State IS how the EC votes.
He's technically correct, but it's also never happened.

Frankly, if there was EVER a case to be made for the EC overruling the will of the people, it should have been last year, when mobs of enraged white people voted for a man they knew was a mentally ill psychopath simply out of spite, and to punish a country for daring to elect a black man President.

Our entire system has been exposed as a flimsy house of cards ripe for exploitation by an autocrat. America as an idea is finished.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 17, 2017 17:14

keefriff99
Our entire system has been exposed as a flimsy house of cards ripe for exploitation by an autocrat. America as an idea is finished.

And I'll stand by listening to Bad while America goes down in flames.

Cause, yknow, I like U2.

Date: May 17, 2017 20:02

The extremes on both the left and the right are extremely irrational in their way of thinking.

"mobs of enraged white people voted for a man they knew was a mentally ill psychopath simply out of spite, and to punish a country for daring to elect a black man President"

Not a Trump supporter in any way, but wow...that sounds a bit extreme imo.

Date: May 17, 2017 22:10

Y'all are risking the wrath of BV. It's his site & he doesn't care for the politics. I agree with him. It is nice to come here as an escape from that sort of thing. I would hate to see the thread closed. Like them or not, U2 are a major force in music. One of the last bastions of "rock", so worthy of discussion in purely musical terms. & after seeing them on Sunday, after 35 years they are still powerful. That rhythm section is unreal & Edge is a master. Bono can still sing, too. I went into the show with low expectations & they blew me away. Both musically & visually.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 17, 2017 22:48

Wow, don't want to add any fire to the Trump/Obama politics. But I have to say to Hairball I never considered anything like that. Hmm.

Date: May 18, 2017 01:51

Yeah, it's a bit extreme to say the least....

But enough of all that - as crholmstrom said "It is nice to come here as an escape from that sort of thing".

Back to U2 - I saw them in '83 when they were great, but have never bothered since.
A few nice tunes here and there throughout the years, but nothing that would make me want to pay money to see them.
Glad people are still enjoying themselves, but not my cup of tea anymore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 04:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 18, 2017 02:38

Hairball -again I see your point, this time in reference to U2. Lately I've fallen off a bit with them myself. Didn't get to see them back in the eighties though. First gig for me was 1992, and my favorite of course. Anyhow, I hope they'll get back to being more like they used to. In the meantime I think this tour is a great idea.

Date: May 18, 2017 04:38

frankotero
Hairball -again I see your point, this time in reference to U2. Lately I've fallen off a bit with them myself. Didn't get to see them back in the eighties though. First gig for me was 1992, and my favorite of course. Anyhow, I hope they'll get back to being more like they used to. In the meantime I think this tour is a great idea.

I was slightly tempted to see them this tour being 'Joshua Tree' and all. Kind of a cool idea, and the few snippets of clips I've seen look like it's visually great. But a gigantic stadium setting - the Rose Bowl in my case- was a bit of a turn off. I actually bought a ticket for the last tour out of curiosity and/or boredom (at the L.A Forum - or maybe it was Staples Center?), but for some reason couldn't make it. Maybe it was bad toothache as I had a root canal last year, or maybe it was simply a slight headache lol. I also forget if I was able to sell the ticket, give it away to a friend, or simply eat the cost and leave well enough alone haha. It's not the first time I've had to miss a concert for one reason or another, and probably won't be the last. My loss I guess, or maybe not as I have fond memories of '83 and maybe best to keep it that way. thumbs up

ps - I've edited out some of my previous post and will leave it at that. thumbs up

Date: May 18, 2017 04:53

Hairball
frankotero

I was slightly tempted to see them this tour being 'Joshua Tree' and all. Kind of a cool idea, and the few snippets of clips I've seen look like it's visually great. But a gigantic stadium setting - the Rose Bowl in my case- was a bit of a turn off. I actually bought a ticket for the last tour out of curiosity and/or boredom (at the L.A Forum - or maybe it was Staples Center?), but for some reason couldn't make it. Maybe it was bad toothache as I had a root canal last year, or maybe it was simply a slight headache lol. I also forget if I was able to sell the ticket, give it away to a friend, or simply eat the cost and leave well enough alone haha. It's not the first time I've had to miss a concert for one reason or another, and probably won't be the last. My loss I guess, or maybe not as I have fond memories of '83 and maybe best to keep it that way. thumbs up

ps - I've edited out some of my previous post and will leave it at that. thumbs up

Hairball, go! I'm not huge on stadium concerts but this was something special. They blew me away. Maybe the best time I've seen them & I saw them in a 2000 seat theater in 1983 (War tour). This was a musically & artistically/visually stunning concert. 1 of the best stadium shows I've ever seen. You won't be disappointed if you go.

Date: May 18, 2017 04:57

Glad someone posted a setlist. I wondered about that. They do the whole album; in order. Cool. At least that means there is some rocking; not that late era stuff.
Mumford spawn - haha

I can not let myself get drawn into political posting on IORR; but that post about 'mobs of enrages white people...punishing a country for daring to vote a black president" - that is a load of simple minded mumbojumbo

Date: May 18, 2017 05:17

crholmstrom
Hairball
frankotero

Hairball, go! I'm not huge on stadium concerts but this was something special. They blew me away. Maybe the best time I've seen them & I saw them in a 2000 seat theater in 1983 (War tour). This was a musically & artistically/visually stunning concert. 1 of the best stadium shows I've ever seen. You won't be disappointed if you go.

You probably won't believe this, but I have a good excuse not to go. I've had a minor toothache the last couple of days - you know the tingling stinging sensation when you drink or eat something hot or cold...well it peaked in the middle of the night, and woke up this morning from throbbing pain. My dentist was able to squeeze me in his tight schedule today, and after some x-rays there's an infection in the tooth. Two words - ROOT CANAL. Scheduled for next Wednesday, but in the meantime chomping on antibiotics to fight the infection, and pharmaceutical strength ibuprofrin to ease the pain. Already feeling better, but the thought of listening to loud throbbing music is the furthest thing from my mind right now. Rose Bowl shows are this Saturday and Sunday, there's not a chance I will be anywhere near that stadium...the goal is to stay as far away as possible!!!

Oh well, life goes on, maybe next year. winking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 18, 2017 05:19

Hope you get feeling better Hairball!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 18, 2017 05:37

mr_dja
Hope you get feeling better Hairball!

Thanks mr_dja - there's worse things that can happen in the world, but a bad toothache.....whoa nelly...when it's at it's worst there's simply no escape !
Ibuprofen seems to be taking care of business, but if things get worse I have a small stockpile of heavier stuff my wife and I keep from previous ailments (codeine, vicodin, etc.).
Prefer to keep those for real emergencies though, and don't like the feeling of getting 'high' from them - I'm much happier smoking a spliff which in this case would be used for medicinal purposes only. smoking smiley

Date: May 18, 2017 06:10

Hairball
The extremes on both the left and the right are extremely irrational in their way of thinking.

"mobs of enraged white people voted for a man they knew was a mentally ill psychopath simply out of spite, and to punish a country for daring to elect a black man President"

Not a Trump supporter in any way, but wow...that sounds a bit extreme imo.
I'm asking honestly: are you American? Have you TRIED talking to a right-wing Trump supporter who gets all of his/her news from Fox News and AM hate radio?

My statement may have come off as extreme, but there's a difference between extreme and factual, and extreme and delusional.

Almost 50% of Republicans STILL believe Obama was born overseas and was ineligible for the Presidency. Trump, being a con man, found his marks and became a darling on the right by exploiting that bigotry.

He's been a well-known buffoon in American pop culture for over 30 years, but he shot to the top of the GOP political heap by becoming America's #1 birther...and let's not even discuss his demonization of immigrants and Mexico.

If those examples aren't a validation of my "extreme" statement, I don't know what is.

I know people who think Trump is crazy, and yet they gleefully voted for him because "he makes liberals mad". They're so angry about a changing country (demographics, increasing acceptance of LGBTQ) that they'd rather burn it to the ground than let "those people" have one more win.

Sure, you can find left-wing nutters, but NOTHING compared to the coordinated right-wing fringe which is fed and nurtured by a massive media machine.

I don't retract my statement, regardless of whether it makes people uncomfortable. There are some ugly truths that we need to face up to in this country. This election proved that we're not who we think we are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 06:12 by keefriff99.

Date: May 18, 2017 07:07

keefriff99
I don't retract my statement, regardless of whether it makes people uncomfortable. There are some ugly truths that we need to face up to in this country.

And you need to say all this on IORR - a Rolling Stones/rock and roll website? And in a thread about a U2 tour? And when the moderator/owner of this site has made it clear many times that this is not the place to discuss politics? There's many other sites that would be more appropriate and better suited for all you have to say. To vent it all here seems like a total waste your time and effort imo, and most people probably don't appreciate being preached at no matter what direction it's coming from. You can think and say what you want and wherever you want, but might want to ask yourself if this is the right outlet to vent your political frustrations.

'

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 18, 2017 07:13

Back to U2...

Even though some of the hardcore fans didn't like it, I really enjoyed the long-awaited live premiere of "Red Hill Mining Town" (saw the videos from the first two shows). There were complaints about The Edge being on keyboards instead of guitar, but I thought it worked well. Bono's vocal was strong, and they did a good job on what I consider one of the best tunes on the album.

I won't be seeing them at the Rose Bowl, as I've long "retired" from stadium shows, but I'm sure it'll be a great performance.

PS to Hairball - Hang in there, hope you feel better soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 07:14 by Jah Paul.

Date: May 18, 2017 07:45

Hairball
crholmstrom
Hairball
frankotero

You probably won't believe this, but I have a good excuse not to go. I've had a minor toothache the last couple of days - you know the tingling stinging sensation when you drink or eat something hot or cold...well it peaked in the middle of the night, and woke up this morning from throbbing pain. My dentist was able to squeeze me in his tight schedule today, and after some x-rays there's an infection in the tooth. Two words - ROOT CANAL. Scheduled for next Wednesday, but in the meantime chomping on antibiotics to fight the infection, and pharmaceutical strength ibuprofrin to ease the pain. Already feeling better, but the thought of listening to loud throbbing music is the furthest thing from my mind right now. Rose Bowl shows are this Saturday and Sunday, there's not a chance I will be anywhere near that stadium...the goal is to stay as far away as possible!!!

Yowza... All the best. A bad toothache.. Nothing worse!! Root Canal will at least fix ya.

Rod

Date: May 18, 2017 10:28

Hairball
crholmstrom
Hairball
frankotero

Feel better, Hairball. I know about feeling well & going/not going to shows. Also, shows on work nights are getting harder to pull off. I went to Flaming Lips Tuesday night (excellent) & had to take yesterday off. Had to go to doc anyway. There was no way I could 2 work night shows in a week & live through it. This getting old thing isn't for the meek!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home