Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 704
Re: Rehearsals in London
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 8, 2017 02:29

I love how everyone gets all excited about rehearsals and that the boys are hitting the road again...

...until the first show of the tour when those opening chords of Miss You come in after the band intros, then as usual the only thing rolling on IORR will be the endless complaints about "warhorses" -- as if the second half of their set would be anything other than their greatest hits.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 8, 2017 02:55

bv on June 3.
[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2017 03:27

"Recordings are just as good as rehearsals". - bv

smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 8, 2017 04:43

stonehearted
... the only thing rolling on IORR will be the endless complaints about "warhorses" -- as if the second half of their set would be anything other than their greatest hits.

But...but...but Metro is promising "unexpected tracks"!!! Don't you believe?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 8, 2017 08:17

SomeTorontoGirl
stonehearted
... the only thing rolling on IORR will be the endless complaints about "warhorses" -- as if the second half of their set would be anything other than their greatest hits.

Didn't someone (Don Was?) mention that some of the new Stones material sounds "different" (or something along these lines)? As these can't be tour rehearsals, I guess "unexpected" refers to the new recordings. Or it's just some b/s made up by some self-proclaimed "insider". Would not be the first time in Stones history.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 8, 2017 09:58

Not sure what's meant by "different" but "Might as Well Get Juiced" sounded "different" and almost everyone and their dog has been whining about not getting to hear Keith's "original" mix before the "knob twiddlers" got involved ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 8, 2017 10:12

The earliest the Stones will turn up before show time to rehearse is two to three weeks prior. More than likely just a week or two.
This is Fake news guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-08 12:07 by stone4ever.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 8, 2017 10:17

SomeTorontoGirl
stonehearted

Oh, yes indeed -- for the third to sixth songs in the list.

But expect the final eight songs in the set to be what they've always been. Nothing wrong with that, right? smiling smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 8, 2017 11:45

stonehearted
SomeTorontoGirl
stonehearted

But expect the final eight songs in the set to be what they've always been. Nothing wrong with that, right? smiling smiley

Nothing wrong with playing them but in the same order as they have done for the last 28 years or so? I can't think of anything more boring.

And I can't think of any other of the remaining rock legends that would do that - not McCartney or Springsteen or U2 for that matter. They need to mix it up a bit. Bring in the element of surprise so we don't know which song is coming next.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: June 8, 2017 12:06

LongBeachArena72
They're rehearsing THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE FIRST DATE.

Those must be some complicated surprises!

That's how long it takes for Keith to re-learn JJF ans BS winking smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 8, 2017 12:32

Maybe they plan to perform the entire Satanic Majesties album plus the We Love You/Dandelion single. That is pretty difficult.

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: June 8, 2017 12:38

Monsoon Ragoon
Maybe they plan to perform the entire Satanic Majesties album plus the We Love You/Dandelion single. That is pretty difficult.
Especially without Bill. . . .

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 8, 2017 13:34

stone4ever
LongBeachArena72

And Start me Up at Hyde Park!!

Rod

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 8, 2017 14:17

stone4ever
The earliest the Stones will turn up before show time to rehearse is two to three weeks prior. More than likely just a week or two.
This is Fake news guys.

I guess it really is recording for the new NO FILTER album. So technically he was rehearsing for playing that song live in September. ;-)

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 8, 2017 14:40

Rehearsals or recording, the only important thing (if this info is reliable) is that Keith and Ronnie have a guitar between their fingers and are practising.
The more they play the better it is !
Recording in June, resting a bit in July, rehearsing in Aug. and touring in Sep. and Oct. seems a fine schedule !

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: June 8, 2017 16:56

Releasing a new slbum in September that isn't yet finished in June? If Ronnie is still involved then it is probably far from being completed. I think a 2017 release is pretty unlikely. IMHO the album - if it will ever be released ;-) - then next June in time for the 2018 concerts. Not titled No Filter btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-08 16:56 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: June 8, 2017 17:07

SomeTorontoGirl
stonehearted

These days,in the Stones' world,that means ONE unexpected track,maybe two if we're lucky.

They were advertising (falsely) at least one song not previously performed in concert,or something along those lines,for the 2015 "Zip Code Tour",which did not end up happening. That was supposed to be in addition to what they lead people to believe was going to be a more diverse selection of songs from 'Sticky Fingers'.

Outside of the exclusive Fonda Theatre concert,they performed "Moonlight Mile" which was rare at roughly half of the concerts but,never again "I Got the Blues" , "You Gotta Move" only one more time, "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" at only a few shows. Too many times the Sticky Fingers set was "Bitch" , "Wild Horses" , and "Brown Sugar" which was not much different from other tours since 2002.

I witnessed the Stones perform more songs from Sticky Fingers on the 2005 'Bigger Bang Tour' in North Carolina than I did in Buffalo on the 'Zip Code Tour' although "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" in Buffalo was better than I expected without Taylor. Maybe not as good as it was in Los Angeles,Philadelphia,or Glastonbury in 2013 but still pretty good.

Date: June 8, 2017 17:12

Winning Ugly VXII
SomeTorontoGirl
stonehearted

These days,in the Stones' world,that means ONE unexpected track,maybe two if we're lucky.

They were advertising (falsely) at least one song not previously performed in concert,or something along those lines,for the 2015 "Zip Code Tour",which did not end up happening. That was supposed to be in addition to what they lead people to believe was going to be a more diverse selection of songs from 'Sticky Fingers'.

Outside of the exclusive Fonda Theatre concert,they performed "Moonlight Mile" which was rare at roughly half of the concerts but,never again "I Got the Blues" , "You Gotta Move" only one more time, "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" at only a few shows. Too many times the Sticky Fingers set was "Bitch" , "Wild Horses" , and "Brown Sugar" which was not much different from other tours since 2002.

I witnessed the Stones perform more songs from Sticky Fingers on the 2005 'Bigger Bang Tour' in North Carolina than I did in Buffalo on the 'Zip Code Tour' although "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" in Buffalo was better than I expected without Taylor. Maybe not as good as it was in Los Angeles,Philadelphia,or Glastonbury in 2013 but still pretty good.

Didn't they do YGM twice, in addition to Fonda? They played I Got The Blues again in San Diego (at the Belly Up).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-08 17:18 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 8, 2017 17:20

stonehearted
SomeTorontoGirl
stonehearted

It was not a bad idea to add in "2000 Light Years From Home" into that section in '89/'90 .... "Monkey Man" (likewise not previously performed live in concert) on the '94/'95 tour .... "Rip This Joint" in the '70's ..... "Street Fighting Man" from time to time.

Things like this can/could/have worked.

They have more hits than just the warhorses. "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)" as an example,is technically not a bigger hit than some other songs which are rarely included.

Also,they could be more creative with the order in which they perform the songs.

Although,this ship might have already set sail.

Date: June 8, 2017 17:32

If you want to include the concert at the "Belly Up" in Solana Beach,California then,that is one more time for "I Got the Blues" but,it was a private show with a 15 song set for less than 500 people.

Date: June 8, 2017 17:38

Winning Ugly VXII
If you want to include the concert at the "Belly Up" in Solana Beach,California then,that is one more time for "I Got the Blues" but,it was a private show with a 15 song set for less than 500 people.

I know smiling smiley

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: June 8, 2017 17:58

I was here monday 05 june.
I've talk and make photo and video with ronnie and see all the rest of the band
Sici

Date: June 8, 2017 18:02

Sici
Sici

Great! At British Grove?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 8, 2017 18:25

Sici
Sici

thumbs up

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 8, 2017 19:22

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 8, 2017 19:26

Sici
Sici

Yeah??? Post it Please !!!
jeroen

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 8, 2017 19:26

bitusa2012
stone4ever
LongBeachArena72

And Start me Up at Hyde Park!!
Stones will perform in Hyde Park June 30 instead of Phil Collins who fell over a door step and got terribly injured. Get well soon Phil.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 8, 2017 20:37

stone4ever
LongBeachArena72

Naw, man, I think they're working out the transition in the middle of the new "Let it Loose/Jigsaw Puzzle" medley that will follow the band introductions this fall in Europe.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 8, 2017 20:49

As a reminder, from the tour press release:

"Not only will the Rolling Stones present their European fans with a set list of classics such as "Gimme Shelter," "Paint It Black," "Jumpin' Jack Flash," "Tumbling Dice," or "Brown Sugar"
- they also plan to surprise you with a number of new tracks and randomly selected surprises from their impressive oeuvre.
Their "STONES – NO FILTER" shows come with a spectacular new production and - as usual - a state-of-the-art stage."

Believe it!
Or not.

I believe.

Date: June 8, 2017 21:01

The spectacular new tracks might be Out Of Control, Like A Rolling Stone and Mixed Emotions?!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2194
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home