Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 16, 2017 03:05

Don Was is on the verge of equaling Jimmy Miller's total amount of producing LPs if they do indeed release a new LP again.

That's the only thing that's comparable. They've had a few good tunes on 3 of the 4 so far (in this case excluding B&L due to it being all covers) so with the mythyical 5th LP upcoming it had better be @#$%& good because it's going to be the last recorded studio album.

Re: Rehearsals in London
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 16, 2017 12:24

bitusa2012
Hairball
When I see the initials SOL I think of Shit Out of Luck. Horrible tune studio and live imo...forcing it on the audience as if it was a worthy tune.
It was more of a Bon Jovi tune than a Stones tune - a power ballad that was thankfully buried from all setlists afterwards.
I highly doubt we'll ever see another one of those from the Stones ever again. Seems the whining has begun...wake up RipThisBone!

I really don't get the hate for SOL. It's just a ballad. Like As Tears go By or Play With Fire to my ears, with a slightly "bigger" chorus. I enjoy it.

I agree. It's not my favorite song by any means, but I don't think it's horrible either.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 16, 2017 17:09

stonehearted
Harlem Shuffler
Streets of Love went to no.1 in Spain? The main national chart? confused smiley
Yes... [books.google.com]

Went in the Netherlands to 1 as Well, for one week

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 16, 2017 19:35

Keith is still in London

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: June 16, 2017 19:45

Streets of Love has received so much criticism by fans yet when played live in Rome
the audience fully participated in singing along with the song.
Perhaps its a Latin thing but this song was also popular in South America similar to Angie which went to No1 in America in 1973.
Out of Tears and Blinded by Rainbows were other Stones ballad's that many fans did not appreciate or like.
Alas no one is expecting all fans to like all Stones variety of songs but for cripes sake this continual wailing by a small fan group about S.O.L. has become boring.
The Stones have written more songs recently and help us lord if they upset fans by recording a ballad for the new album.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: June 16, 2017 20:58

stones40
Streets of Love has received so much criticism by fans yet when played live in Rome
the audience fully participated in singing along with the song.
Perhaps its a Latin thing but this song was also popular in South America similar to Angie which went to No1 in America in 1973.
Out of Tears and Blinded by Rainbows were other Stones ballad's that many fans did not appreciate or like.
Alas no one is expecting all fans to like all Stones variety of songs but for cripes sake this continual wailing by a small fan group about S.O.L. has become boring.
The Stones have written more songs recently and help us lord if they upset fans by recording a ballad for the new album.

thumbs up

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 16, 2017 21:46

Christiaan
stonehearted
Harlem Shuffler

Is this for certain? I realize Wikipedia is not always the most reliable source, but they have it as reaching #5.

In 2009 there was an IORR thread on international #1 singles by the Stones, and only Spain was listed: [iorr.org]

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 16, 2017 22:24

Lien
Keith is still in London

[www.instagram.com]

or Redlands by the look of it

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 16, 2017 23:22

Lien
Keith is still in London

[www.instagram.com]

He's recording with Alan Clayton?

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 17, 2017 00:55

Alan Clayton sometimes lives near Redlands, they usually get together when Keith's there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-17 00:59 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 17, 2017 01:19

Lien
Keith is still in London

[www.instagram.com]
thumbs up

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 17, 2017 03:48

is that Adam Clayton of U2?

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 17, 2017 06:17

peoplewitheyes
is that Adam Clayton of U2?

Alan Clayton of the Dirty Strangers.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 17, 2017 06:31

oh yeah! ha ha! Just saw that I got the name wrong. Ds... Ls... Whatever!
I guess I should try to get more sleep....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 17, 2017 10:55

chatoyancy
Alan Clayton sometimes lives near Redlands, they usually get together when Keith's there

[www.instagram.com]
"The other Chuck in #DirtyAL's life. Chuck Leavell ladies & gentlemen. The most fabulous keyboard player for the Rolling Stones. Alan's been in & out of the studio all week with the said band. I wonder who could pop up on instagram tomorrow."

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 17, 2017 11:53

.They hang around a lot together last week cool smiley

dirtystrangersThe man of the hour. Any hour. #BillBolton ???????????? Here with our own #DirtyAL #AlanClayton @ #BritishGroveStudios ??????
[www.instagram.com]

With Pierre
[www.instagram.com]

Friday 9th June '17, #theDirtyStrangers were joined on stage by #KeithRichards #RollingStones chief #Guitar man, #PierreDeBeauport,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-17 11:53 by Lien.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 17, 2017 14:35

keefriffhard4life
why would mick taylor bring playing on SOL live?

If memory serves, the first time they rehearsed it in Bondy was on a Friday when Keith was back in London for the birth of his grand-daughter so I suppose Mick asked Taylor to play on it and it stayed like that. Also Mick played the guitar on it in 2006/2007 but not in 2014. We all think of the Stones as a "big machine" but a lot of the stuff is "winged"/"spontaneous" in fact.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 17, 2017 21:55

I for one can't wait to hear a new Stones album. But for the love of God, PLEASE do a Chuck Berry cover on it. Maybe even one from the new Chuck album. He has been one of their biggest influences, and it would be SO frickin' great to have them honor him with the last song on their (likely) last album. Come on lads!!!! Make it happen. Show the world who does Berry better than anyone.

Who's up for making a petition for this?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: June 17, 2017 22:34

stonehearted
Christiaan
stonehearted
Harlem Shuffler

Is this for certain? I realize Wikipedia is not always the most reliable source, but they have it as reaching #5.

In 2009 there was an IORR thread on international #1 singles by the Stones, and only Spain was listed: [iorr.org]

I'm pretty sure. It was kind of an action I believe from Forty Licks fanclub to make sure it went to no. 1. I'am not sure on which hitparade it was.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 18, 2017 00:57

JumpingKentFlash
I for one can't wait to hear a new Stones album. But for the love of God, PLEASE do a Chuck Berry cover on it. Maybe even one from the new Chuck album. He has been one of their biggest influences, and it would be SO frickin' great to have them honor him with the last song on their (likely) last album. Come on lads!!!! Make it happen. Show the world who does Berry better than anyone.

Who's up for making a petition for this?

Bonus cut or B side would be nice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-18 00:57 by Maindefender.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 19, 2017 05:09

Not sure if this is from rehearsals a couple years ago or recent..

Posted today by rapper/producer Chuck D- (per his other posts he is in London..)

Titled- "Not Braggin"

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-19 05:11 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 19, 2017 07:23

Should we be getting worried? I'm pretty sure the pic is new. No I'm not familiar with Chuck D but I do know he's hip hop and rap. BRidges to Babylon Part 2 for a final studio outing? I'm personally hoping for something much more organic from the Stones at this point.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 19, 2017 08:31

MisterDDDD
Not sure if this is from rehearsals a couple years ago or recent..
Posted today by rapper/producer Chuck D- (per his other posts he is in London..)

That photo is from the 2015 tour rehearsals in LA.

Date: June 19, 2017 15:33

Thank u jesus

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 19, 2017 17:32

i would be intrigued by any chance and risk they would be willing to take. but i am afraid they are at a stage where risk is no considered. mixin up would be great: keith messing with rap and hip hop addin his livks to it, mick with organic and rootsy stuff
just dreaming though

Date: June 19, 2017 19:15

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chuck D recorded with Bernard Fowler on his album The Bura, Can't You Hear Me Knocking?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-19 19:36 by Christiaan.

Date: June 19, 2017 19:18

Chuck posted this picture yesterday.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-19 19:19 by Christiaan.

Date: June 19, 2017 19:33

I'm all for risks and experimentation. I just don't like trendy meaning the flavor of the month and then soon forgotten

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 19, 2017 19:48

Christiaan

It is a pic from 2015, but odd that he would post it yesterday.. while in London.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: June 19, 2017 20:19

MisterDDDD
Christiaan

It is a pic from 2015, but odd that he would post it yesterday.. while in London.

Please...no.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home