Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...295296297298299300301302303304305...LastNext
Current Page: 300 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 18, 2019 23:09

DiegoGlimmerStones
Status about the New Album:
(Currently In Los Angeles, California) 2019.

- January 19, 2019: Ronnie appears on UK TV with Jimmy White and Ronnie O'Sullivan to discuss the snooker masters semi-final in London, England. During the Interview, Ronnie commented that the Stones will be recording In the next week In Los Angeles, California.

- January 30, 2019: Mick Jagger posts a video online of himself recording.

- February 3, 2019: Ronnie Wood arrives in Los Angeles.

- February 4, 2019: The Rolling Stones start recording sessions in Los Angeles.

- February 5, 2019: Charlie Watts attends drummer Hal Blaine's 90th birthday party in Los Angeles.

- February 9, 2019: Keith Richards goes to actress Jennifer Aniston's birthday party at the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles.

- February 10, 2019: Mick Jagger attends Universal Music's Grammy Awards after-party in Los Angeles.

- Newest Update - February 16, 2019:
Stones Recording In Los Angeles, California.

;-)

Special thanks to:

[www.timeisonourside.com]

[www.timeisonourside.com]

I continue to maintain that Ronnie's (and then Keith's) original comments about "recording in LA next week" were likely accurate, putting their arrival there more around Jan. 24th or sometime during the last week of January.

The Feb 3rd date listed as the day Ronnie arrived is based on Theodora's post (as far as I know) which stated that the "twins" had arrived, with a pic of Ronnie's girls. My bet is that it was just as she posted... that the twins had arrived with Sally during their second week of studio time, Feb 3rd.

Small point I suppose, but I do believe, based on Ronnie's and Keith's matter of fact statements, they were there just as a band, no distractions, for the first week Jan. 24- Feb 1... The fact that there were no paparazzi airport shots, or any others until Charlie was seen out on Feb 5th, makes the earlier arrival even more likely imo.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 18, 2019 23:19

I am just wondering if they are still doing some work at the studio Now.
Not wondering when they arrived at all.
Hope they put some more work into it.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-18 23:20 by runrudolph.

Date: February 18, 2019 23:19

Thank you for the excellent Info MisterDDDD! This Is the page 300 and just want to say that thank you so much to all for the Info and everything, I really appreciate this thread my Stones friends. I'm so excited about the new Rolling Stones studio album, and I think that the best is yet to come! smileys with beer ;-)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 18, 2019 23:31

My guess..

- January 19, 2019: Ronnie appears on UK TV with Jimmy White and Ronnie O'Sullivan to discuss the snooker masters semi-final in London, England. During the Interview, Ronnie commented that the Stones will be recording In the next week In Los Angeles, California. Keith also confirms the end of January start date for recording in an interview.

- January 26/27, 2019: All members arrive clandestinely in LA.

- January 28, 2019: The Rolling Stones start recording sessions in Los Angeles.

- January 30, 2019: Mick Jagger posts a video online of himself recording.

- February 3, 2019: Ronnie Wood's daughters arrive in Los Angeles with Sally.

- February 5, 2019: Charlie Watts attends drummer Hal Blaine's 90th birthday party in Los Angeles.

- February 9, 2019: Keith Richards goes to actress Jennifer Aniston's birthday party at the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles.

- February 10, 2019: Mick Jagger attends Universal Music's Grammy Awards after-party in Los Angeles.

- Newest Update - February 16, 2019:
Stones Recording In Los Angeles, California.

Date: February 18, 2019 23:35

Excellent! winking smiley

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 19, 2019 02:10

Love that Enthusiasm!!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 19, 2019 02:26

Great that they are recording. Things must be going well .. they have been there for a couple weeks now.

The Stones paying back an advance to Universal (UMG) - ?? ... I really .. really doubt that people. The Stones were paid a sum of money for the licensing / catalog and a separate amount for the new album / albums. That was what they are paid for Universal having the rights to sell it under their label .. The Stones are <not> gonna have to pay that back, yo. The Stones and their lawyers would say ..look folks .. this band isn't the band that sold 20,000 records .. it's the band that sold 200 MILLION .. you know.. of the greatest selling artists of all time no less. Ya kina / sorta gotta pay them something for the rights to sell their stuff and for F**S sake .. man .. it's not a loan or something they have to pay back ... Geeeesh.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 19, 2019 02:35

keithsman
GasLightStreet
In regard to praise and slagging whoever in the band, I do my best to be equal. I love them all, not sure there's any kind of favoritism, because they've been great at what they've done for quite some time, but having something to say about someone being whatever isn't any negative interpretation to being a fan, it's just like an album - not every song is great on every album.

I enjoy talking - really reading, I guess - about the Stones.

Sorry Gaslight i was just putting down my thoughts, it was a general observation of posters, not anyone in particular, i'm just saying it's ok to get angry and fall out and be passionate about the Stones, just as it is to be that way about all aspects of life, it's called caring, we all look down the same telescope and see completely different things, no one is right and no one is wrong, we just see different sides of the same coin.
Still think Dirty Work has some great tracks on it though winking smiley

I didn't feel singled out, although I can't blame you if it was part of the thought. I thought it was prudent to say what I said. I don't think I"ve expressed any favortism as a whole regarding how Keith invents things (aside from the obvious piss take of the blood transfusion, which he has gleefully admitted to being complete bullshit to give people something at the time) and how Mick comes up with awful choices ha ha ha ha... etc and on and on, even though I have talked about those things as well as praise for both, etc. As some say, a Keithette, or whatever a Mick fan is.

Part of being a fan is being able to admit when something stinks, whether it's an album or Keith's awful playing or Mick's awful grunting and weird vocal quirks, as well as when something is great, like Keith's (and Ronnie's) really good awful playing, as well as his/their exceptional great playing, and Mick's good grunting and odd vocal quirks, and a whole lot of whatever in between, like loving UNDERCOVER and EMOTIONAL RESCUE and BLACK AND BLUE (and for some, DIRTY WORK and TSMR, etc) but acknowledging that it/they isn't/aren't of their best work, which critically and historically is 1968-1972, recently, on the fence,1973, and of course, 1978 and 1981. And to a lesser extent yet certainly must haves, OUT OF OUR HEADS and AFTERMATH.

Date: February 19, 2019 02:38

jlowe
GasLightStreet
jlowe
Doxa's comments re ABKCO rights are interesting though all parties will be aware that the clock is ticking re expiry and then public domain. (2033/40).
Also, hadnt appreciated this, but by re-signing with UMG the group have now been with them for a longer period than any other label.
They have some way to go to beat the music publishing deal they had with EMI however..that one lasted about 40 years.

Apparently their publishing is still with EMI.

No, actually their catalogue has been with BMG since 2013.

I was going by the NYTimes article, which didn't include this:

Additionally, it (BMG) will be responsible for handling Jagger and Richards' shares of their pre-1983 copyrights, which are represented by ABKCO (1963-1971) and EMI Music Publishing (1971-1983).

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

So... their other most important work is still with EMI.

Date: February 19, 2019 02:43

IanBillen
Great that they are recording. Things must be going well .. they have been there for a couple weeks now.

The Stones paying back an advance to Universal (UMG) - ?? ... I really .. really doubt that people. The Stones were paid a sum of money for the licensing / catalog and a separate amount for the new album / albums. That was what they are paid for Universal having the rights to sell it under their label .. The Stones are gonna have to pay that back, yo. The Stones and their lawyers would say ..look folks .. this band isn't the band that sold 20,000 records .. it's the band that sold 200 MILLION .. you know.. of the greatest selling artists of all time no less. Ya kina / sorta gotta pay them something for the rights to sell their stuff and for F**S sake .. man .. it's not a loan or something they have to pay back ... Geeeesh.

Hold on.... as I explained earlier, the usual deal is that it's a loan. Since that is not the case, which was explained a page ago - it's no big deal. It doesn't change the hue of a sunset. It's just chatter. Something to talk about.

Relax, dude!!!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 19, 2019 04:25

GasLightStreet
technically they've released 2 albums..., the silly simian one and the blues album, so this new one, if it ever happens, will be the third.

There was also Hyde Park Live, which makes it three.

I'm not sure when these three album deals started, feels like a long while back, but I always had the impression they turned out as one live, one best of, one studio (in whatever order).

In case they were in need of a contract filler, they could put out another album of rarities/alternative versions (and possibly one or two unissued studio tracks) anytime. Yet another Greatest Hits seems a bit out of place to me, and the Best Of The 2010s would be a rather slim affair. (Thank god they spared us a live album from 2017s No Filter).

One might assume that touring is more interesting to Charlie and Ronnie than to Mick and Keith because they don’t earn from song writing royalties, maybe especially Ronnie needs the extra buck because of his more-or-less recent divorce. It doesn’t seem to me that Charlie depends much on income from touring, though, he seems to be financially stable and doing fine also without touring. But what do I know.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 19, 2019 05:45

300 pages and nothing to show for it. ):

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 19, 2019 07:32

doitywoik
GasLightStreet
technically they've released 2 albums..., the silly simian one and the blues album, so this new one, if it ever happens, will be the third.

There was also Hyde Park Live, which makes it three.

I'm not sure when these three album deals started, feels like a long while back, but I always had the impression they turned out as one live, one best of, one studio (in whatever order).

In case they were in need of a contract filler, they could put out another album of rarities/alternative versions (and possibly one or two unissued studio tracks) anytime. Yet another Greatest Hits seems a bit out of place to me, and the Best Of The 2010s would be a rather slim affair. (Thank god they spared us a live album from 2017s No Filter).

One might assume that touring is more interesting to Charlie and Ronnie than to Mick and Keith because they don’t earn from song writing royalties, maybe especially Ronnie needs the extra buck because of his more-or-less recent divorce. It doesn’t seem to me that Charlie depends much on income from touring, though, he seems to be financially stable and doing fine also without touring. But what do I know.

Charlie and Shirley have a hard core, costly addiction, horses.

Date: February 19, 2019 07:35

It is the nature of their game winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 19, 2019 09:37

24FPS

Of any Stones wives, Shirley's simply the best. Probably without her, Charlie would have retired eons ago. Mick and Keith might have something to do with it, but it is Shirley who gets Charlie out of the house to work...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-19 09:38 by Doxa.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 19, 2019 09:44

Wow .

300 pages of crystal ball gazing,

This thread could have been called "Everything is Here" winking smiley

There aren't many things in the world this thread hasn't touched on at some point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-19 09:46 by Spud.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 19, 2019 09:59

Spud
Wow .

There aren't many things in the world this thread hasn't touched on at some point.

How about Mick’s getting married. eye popping smiley
All over the news.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 19, 2019 10:47

Nobody knows how long we have to wait for a new album with new material.confused smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 19, 2019 11:47

35love
Spud
Wow .

How about Mick’s getting married. eye popping smiley
All over the news.

“After spending night together with 4000 women”....lol one night? smileys with beer

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 19, 2019 12:05

New twitter from Keith:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 19, 2019 12:09

Mick is a derogatory word ("You stupid Mick"). It's Sir Michael now. Or Commander. He is not a commoner anymore. Order...

Date: February 19, 2019 12:10

wupperstein
New twitter from Keith:

[twitter.com]

what does it say. cant open it and i dont use Twitter
jeroen

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 19, 2019 12:13

Can you have a passive Twitter account just to be able to watch other Twitter accounts?

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 19, 2019 12:59

runrudolph
wupperstein
New twitter from Keith:

[twitter.com]

what does it say. cant open it and i dont use Twitter
jeroen

It says: "“It’s such a joy to play with this band there’s no stopping us, we’re only just getting started really.” Keith Richards @officialKeef"

You can open a tweet in Chrome, using the right-click button of your mouse and going to the menu-option "Open Incognito Window" (or something like that)

Date: February 19, 2019 13:07

Thanks matxil.
jeroen

Date: February 19, 2019 13:15

24FPS

From what I read I rather thought the horses are a god source of income.

Spud

But we’re working hard to complete the list, no? winking smiley

re Keith’s tweet:
Did it come with a picture?
In view of the upcoming tour I’m not sure if it refers to the progress in the studio.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 19, 2019 13:57

wupperstein
New twitter from Keith:

[twitter.com]

Bit misleading as it's actually a Keith quote posted on the Rolling Stones Twitter. Not a new quote, btw.

[twitter.com]

For those wondering, you don't need an account to view public Twitter accounts.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 19, 2019 17:09

It’s such a joy to play with this band there’s no stopping us, we’re only just getting started really.” - Keith Richards

Hopefully he's not referring to the new album!!!!eye popping smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 19, 2019 17:55

Ya know, I an opinion on what the problem is. Don Was. He isn't a producer, he's a yes man. A yes man is useless if they're trying to make a genuinely good album.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 19, 2019 18:04

Stoneage
Mick is a derogatory word ("You stupid Mick"). It's Sir Michael now. Or Commander. He is not a commoner anymore. Order...

It’s Ms. Jackson if you’re nasty.

((From a Janet Jackson song called ‘Nasty’))
No info here otherwise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-19 18:06 by 35love.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...295296297298299300301302303304305...LastNext
Current Page: 300 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home