Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...291292293294295296297298299300301...LastNext
Current Page: 296 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Date: February 15, 2019 07:06

doitywoik
DiegoGlimmerStones
The new album will be released In 2019, september, october or november. If they are recording now, I see this release very soon to all, ...

November 2019 is real soon? This is February ... LOL
I agree but for me Is real soon, compared to the estimated waiting since 2005

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 15, 2019 07:13

@Diego,
you're right, of course! I was just thinking, what has become of the world, the Stones and us that we must consider something expected to happen in 9 months real soon ... winking smiley

Date: February 15, 2019 07:20

doitywoik
@Diego,
you're right, of course! I was just thinking, what has become of the world, the Stones and us that we must consider something expected to happen in 9 months real soon ... winking smiley
I really appreciate your consideration my friend, the best part Is that we can enjoy this amazing history and legacy of another albums and songs during the waiting, besides the new north american tour of 2019. This album will be so amazing! ;-)

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 15, 2019 09:26

doitywoik

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

"The Stones are also about to start recording their new album."

Good news, ain't it: after 14 years of preparation they finally start recording their new album ... tongue sticking out smiley

Hairball
Haha...sounds like they could be lyrics to a yet to be written, recorded, and released new Stones tune on the supposed new album.
Meanwhile, Charlie is listening to his jazz collection because when it comes to the Stones Charlie don't know, and Charlie don't care...smiling smiley

The Continuing Adventures of one Chawlie Watts, Session Drummer for The Rolling Stones

Charlie don’t know
and Charlie don’t care
too much time on his hands
got a session to spare

Charlie’s watching the phone
but the phone, it won’t ring
noone’s calling him up
they don’t tell him a thing
because of the drum programming!

noone would tell him
they’re in need of some noise
move your ass to LA
play some jazz for the boys

Therefore Charlie don’t know
and Charlie don’t care
rather sits in his cars
rather fodders his mare ...
winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 15, 2019 09:28

Rip This
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

According to Keith....everybody in LA with Don Was producing... things must be close to Finnish...

in this article:

On the way a show in Nebraska, the Stones were pulled over by the police, who uncovered an enormous stash of illegal drugs.

Nothing came of it - apart from a $165.50 fine for reckless driving - but Richards says of the tour in his biography: 'The State Department had noted riots (true), civil disobedience (also true), illicit sex (whatever that is), and violence across the United States.'

Facing a minimum sentence of seven years, Richards evaded jail time by striking a plea bargain that including holding a show to raise money for the blind.

Huh? Wasn't this in Canada? Or has Nebraska moved to Canada before Canada builds a wall?

Rod

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 15, 2019 09:45

DiegoGlimmerStones
doitywoik
DiegoGlimmerStones
The new album will be released In 2019, september, october or november. If they are recording now, I see this release very soon to all, ...

November 2019 is real soon? This is February ... LOL
I agree but for me Is real soon, compared to the estimated waiting since 2005

I have news .. you are not the only one that has been waiting .. .. ... grinning smiley

Cheers to ya, there Guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 09:46 by IanBillen.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 15, 2019 10:03

Guess they will finish it off, after the Tour. It will hit us either at the Fall, or before Christmas.
Great !!
jeroen

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 15, 2019 11:44

Rockman
keithsman

Didn't Keith recently say he hoped this would be the last Tour, so 2020 is wishful thinking.

This is what he actually said in the RollingStone interview, he didnt say he hoped it's not the last one, he didnt say he hoped it is the last one, he said maybe it's the last one. It's not like Keith to be talking in those terms, reading between the lines, who knows.

Interviewers question.
"In the last year there have been a lot of retirement tours. What do you make of those? Rod Stewart recently said that Elton John’s three-year farewell tour was “dishonest” and “stinks of selling tickets.”
Keith's answer.
Well, you can look at it either way. If you mean it, that’s the way it is. I just haven’t gotten around to thinking in that head yet. I don’t know if you never know. "Maybe this will be the last one, I don’t know".
[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 11:51 by keithsman.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 15, 2019 12:34

So, though not in between quote marks, he actually seems to have said the opposite "he hopes it isn't".

me I like the (little) integrity showed in not selling out a "farewell tour"

Date: February 15, 2019 13:10

maumau
So, though not in between quote marks, he actually seems to have said the opposite "he hopes it isn't".

me I like the (little) integrity showed in not selling out a "farewell tour"

The Stones have been great that way, they have never said its the last tour, how many farewell tour's have The Who and Status Quo had lol.
Having said that ,and it's just my opinion, i think Keith would like this to be the last Stones tour, i also pick up that he wishes these mini tours were much longer, he always sounds like he's just getting his chops together when the tours end. Mick has these voice problems though, and between 14 and 17 dates is all he can manage before it's struggling.
Actually Mick has been the weak link in these mini tours, all cancelled shows have been due to his weak voice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 13:26 by keithsman.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 15, 2019 14:37

There is a vital distinction between commenting on strain on the singer's voice and, rather particular, characterizing his voice as weak as such. Even pointing at the singer as a weak link of the band's live concerts. Quite peculiar when he was that important in carrying the band's performance when I saw them latest once only in 2017. (Due to almost stagnant setlists I did not attend any concert in 2018.)

Weakness could in case have been a covering assessment if it applied to one band member's normal state. Such assessments have from time to time, in other periods remarkably not though, been directed in another direction than the vocalist of the Rolling Stones. Myself I am not that keen in singling out band members as socalled weak links, what is to be gained thereby, so I abstain from specifying. I also abstain from psychologizing about the need to do such characterizations.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 15, 2019 14:44

bitusa2012
Rip This
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

According to Keith....everybody in LA with Don Was producing... things must be close to Finnish...

in this article:

On the way a show in Nebraska, the Stones were pulled over by the police, who uncovered an enormous stash of illegal drugs.

Nothing came of it - apart from a $165.50 fine for reckless driving - but Richards says of the tour in his biography: 'The State Department had noted riots (true), civil disobedience (also true), illicit sex (whatever that is), and violence across the United States.'

Facing a minimum sentence of seven years, Richards evaded jail time by striking a plea bargain that including holding a show to raise money for the blind.

Huh? Wasn't this in Canada? Or has Nebraska moved to Canada before Canada builds a wall?
I read that too, I think they missed up the 1975 charge in Fordyce and the one in Canada.

Date: February 15, 2019 15:20

Witness
There is a vital distinction between commenting on strain on the singer's voice and, rather particular, characterizing his voice as weak as such. Even pointing at the singer as a weak link of the band's live concerts. Quite peculiar when he was that important in carrying the band's performance when I saw them latest once only in 2017. (Due to almost stagnant setlists I did not attend any concert in 2018.)

Weakness could in case have been a covering assessment if it applied to one band member's normal state. Such assessments have from time to time, in other periods remarkably not though, been directed in another direction than the vocalist of the Rolling Stones. Myself I am not that keen in singling out band members as socalled weak links, what is to be gained thereby, so I abstain from specifying. I also abstain from psychologizing about the need to do such characterizations.

Good for you, that works for you, i'll carry on saying it as it is thank you. Cancelled shows are cancelled shows and the reason for the cancelled shows have been because of Micks voice or lack of ability to sing. So when these tours are planned Micks voice is taken into account and the shortness of these tours could be due to Micks voice.

For instance you got tickets to see the Stones over two nights, one night Micks voice is failing throughout the second half of the show, the next show you have tickets for gets cancelled because Mick has to rest his voice for the private show to follow. At the time many fans were upset about that, not Micks fault at all, but it has happened a few times, Micks voice has been the reason some shows have been cancelled over the years, so yes i would say his voice is his Achilles heel, the reason tours are not 20 or 30 date tours. Weak voice sounds about right, what would you prefer i call it ?
The bottom line is Micks voice is a consideration when planning to attend tour dates, so yes if the Stones have a weak link when it comes touring and how long the tour might be, Mick's voice is the main concern.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 15, 2019 15:25

The Daily Mail is pretty well known in the UK for confused facts, misreporting and lies... It's just a rag.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 15, 2019 15:48

Rip This
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Let's hope so!
However, it does seem incredible that they have laboured over the album for so long, though I admit, none of us can be certain about how much actual studio work has taken place.
Its dispiriting though when you think of how prolific they were in the 60s and 70s. Age may be a factor but surely touring is physically more arduous than studio time?
And we aren't taking about Beethoven, Gershwin, mid career Pink Floyd, Bria n Wilson and many others all of whom would spend considerable energies on making sure everything was note perfect and / or lyrically had great depth.
The Stones music is rock music at it's best...as Keith has said, from the groin, not the head. Part of their appeal has been their somewhat ramshackle approach. I can't understand their apparent desire for 'perfection' (whatever that is supposed to mean), just because it may or may not be their final album.
Actually, I'm probably in the minority but I could see them recording AFTER they have finished with tours.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 15, 2019 15:57

keithsman
Witness

Good for you, that works for you, i'll carry on saying it as it is thank you. Cancelled shows are cancelled shows and the reason for the cancelled shows have been because of Micks voice or lack of ability to sing. So when these tours are planned Micks voice is taken into account and the shortness of these tours could be due to Micks voice.

For instance you got tickets to see the Stones over two nights, one night Micks voice is failing throughout the second half of the show, the next show you have tickets for gets cancelled because Mick has to rest his voice for the private show to follow. At the time many fans were upset about that, not Micks fault at all, but it has happened a few times, Micks voice has been the reason some shows have been cancelled over the years, so yes i would say his voice is his Achilles heel, the reason tours are not 20 or 30 date tours. Weak voice sounds about right, what would you prefer i call it ?
The bottom line is Micks voice is a consideration when planning to attend tour dates, so yes if the Stones have a weak link when it comes touring and how long the tour might be, Mick's voice is the main concern.

If Mick hadn't started to look after his voice, many years ago now, he probably wouldn't have a voice at all.

He certainly couldn't have continued with all that bellowing and hollerin' he did in the 70s and early 80s.
Sensibly he took voice coaching and learnt how to keep it in reasonably good working condition with advancing years.

I'm glad he did ...and if it occasionally lets him down, its not for lack of professionalism or care .

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 15, 2019 16:07

keithsman
Witness

If you read my post once again, perhaps you will be able to notice what I called "it". Whether Mick's voice would be the reason that tours do not last longer, is not obvious.

Whereas Mick's voice normally is one major attraction to their music, both studio and live, in my opinion.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 15, 2019 16:19

"We'll have it done this year, at some point. We'll put down as much as we can for a week or so, and then we're on the road. So we'll see what happens after that."

that is what I thought and said 3 pages ago

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 15, 2019 16:28

Funny, I noticed how Jagger's voice was fully intact in that Webster Hall gig in 1993. I think his voice went in the late '90s. Somewhere around BtB tour.The Euro leg.
From then on his voice has been weak. You can hear it even in his normal speaking voice. He often sounds as if he's got a cold. I'm not a doctor so I can't tell what it stems from.

Date: February 15, 2019 16:40

Stoneage
Funny, I noticed how Jagger's voice was fully intact in that Webster Hall gig in 1993. I think his voice went in the late '90s. Somewhere around BtB tour.The Euro leg.
From then on his voice has been weak. You can hear it even in his normal speaking voice. He often sounds as if he's got a cold. I'm not a doctor so I can't tell what it stems from.

I'm not a doctor either but you are right, he seems to get cold symptoms just before cancelled gigs, he is seen blowing his nose and there is a blocked up congested sound to his talking voice. It's most likely Laryngitis from over using his voice, it's caused by the vocal cords getting swollen and inflamed, remember Mick spends weeks singing in rehearsals before a tour, maybe he could keep rehearsal time to a minimum, i'm sure he knows the words to Miss You and YCAGWYW by now.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 15, 2019 16:53

keithsman
..., maybe he could keep rehearsal time to a minimum, i'm sure he knows the words to Miss You and YCAGWYW by now.

No, he hasn't a clue ...

....but that's what the auto cue is for grinning smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 15, 2019 16:57

Keith: "Well, you can look at it either way. If you mean it, that’s the way it is. I just haven’t gotten around to thinking in that head yet. I don’t know if you never know. Maybe this will be the last one, I don’t know."
[www.rollingstone.com]

To me this rather sounds like he wanted to say that he doesn't rack his brain about it.

Keith: "We'll have it done this year, at some point. We'll put down as much as we can for a week or so, and then we're on the road. So we'll see what happens after that."
Daily Mail

The good part is that Keith is confident the album will be finished at some point this year (seemingly, no matter what ...). The not-so-good part is that he admits that once again a tour is getting in the way and whatever is left to be done is procrastinated to a later point.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:02

Keithsman with his alltime stupid comments again as always.Weak link in all Stonesconcerts is always Keith Richards.If he could practise how to learn to play guitar again,then maybee the concerts could be better,because his playing now is really terrible

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:09

harlem shuffle
Keithsman with his alltime stupid comments again as always.Weak link in all Stonesconcerts is always Keith Richards.If he could practise how to learn to play guitar again,then maybee the concerts could be better,because his playing now is really terrible

blasphemous

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:10

keithsman
Stoneage

I'm not a doctor either but you are right, he seems to get cold symptoms just before cancelled gigs, he is seen blowing his nose and there is a blocked up congested sound to his talking voice. It's most likely Laryngitis from over using his voice, it's caused by the vocal cords getting swollen and inflamed, remember Mick spends weeks singing in rehearsals before a tour, maybe he could keep rehearsal time to a minimum, i'm sure he knows the words to Miss You and YCAGWYW by now.

I don't think it has much to do with singing per se. He didn't have this problem in the eighties or even early nineties. I think it's a chronic condition. He can't do much about it. His voice is simply very volatile.

Date: February 15, 2019 17:19

Come on. Give Mick a break. The man is 75..and yes.sometimes his voice gets weak but he still puts on a performance.
He is a great performer.you cant compere the recent gigs with 30 years ago.

My wife tells me the same.when i was 30 years old we had sex for 2 hours.and now it is 2 seconds.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-15 17:30 by runrudolph.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:26

Y’all go put on Blue & Lonesome.
Recorded live in a studio, no voice overs.
Now tell me you hear any difference, anything but pure MICK.

I rest my case.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:55

harlem shuffle
Back off.

Date: February 15, 2019 18:10

harlem shuffle

Just FO harlem shuffle. People are getting tired of you. Go away.
Jeroen

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:37

I don't know but it seems to me that the battles between GasLightStreet and HMS (where is that guy?) were a lot funnier. But keep on trying guys.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...291292293294295296297298299300301...LastNext
Current Page: 296 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home