Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...292293294295296297298299300301302...LastNext
Current Page: 297 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:44

maumau
"We'll have it done this year, at some point. We'll put down as much as we can for a week or so, and then we're on the road. So we'll see what happens after that."

that is what I thought and said 3 pages ago

I think he also said it 3 years ago....

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 15, 2019 19:04

Well, you know, a tour, time off, holidays, family time, three days in the studio, some social event, family time, another tour, holidays, 3 days in the studio, christmas, holidays, ... and then you never know, and nobody told Charlie anyway, ...
it takes its time to ripen! winking smiley

Date: February 15, 2019 19:24

doitywoik
Well, you know, a tour, time off, holidays, family time, three days in the studio, some social event, family time, another tour, holidays, 3 days in the studio, christmas, holidays, ... and then you never know, and nobody told Charlie anyway, ...
it takes its time to ripen! winking smiley

But then there's also the risk of it deteriorating and becoming moldy, but with a little more family time (and other priorities), it might mysteriously come back to life ala Frankenstein...

'Charlie don't know, and Charlie don't care...' - (sung to the tune of Getta Grip)...starts to get stuck in your head...smiling smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 15, 2019 20:46

Hairball
But then there's also the risk of it deteriorating and becoming moldy,

Now that's why it takes so exceptionally long ... LOL

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 15, 2019 21:24

matxil
I don't know but it seems to me that the battles between GasLightStreet and HMS (where is that guy?) were a lot funnier. But keep on trying guys.

Yeah i miss HMS , a great guy, so funny too when it came to DW.
Hope he is well where ever he is.

Date: February 15, 2019 21:48

Stoneage
keithsman
Stoneage
Funny, I noticed how Jagger's voice was fully intact in that Webster Hall gig in 1993. I think his voice went in the late '90s. Somewhere around BtB tour.The Euro leg.
From then on his voice has been weak. You can hear it even in his normal speaking voice. He often sounds as if he's got a cold. I'm not a doctor so I can't tell what it stems from.

I'm not a doctor either but you are right, he seems to get cold symptoms just before cancelled gigs, he is seen blowing his nose and there is a blocked up congested sound to his talking voice. It's most likely Laryngitis from over using his voice, it's caused by the vocal cords getting swollen and inflamed, remember Mick spends weeks singing in rehearsals before a tour, maybe he could keep rehearsal time to a minimum, i'm sure he knows the words to Miss You and YCAGWYW by now.

I don't think it has much to do with singing per se. He didn't have this problem in the eighties or even early nineties. I think it's a chronic condition. He can't do much about it. His voice is simply very volatile.

Another theory of mine is that i bet Mick works out really hard leading up to a tour, that sort of exertion and the stress of setting everything up and then the adrenaline of facing huge audiences at that age can catch up with the voice.
Everything, all the pressure lands on Micks shoulders, the critics will be down on him if the Stones don't deliver and he knows it. Mick strikes me as a worrier,
deep down he must get nervous, he probably notices the empty seats and seems to like every song to get just the right amount of applause etc, that sort of professionalism and passion take there toll. He might not always be 100 percent fit, you would never know it, he could have the Flue and he's still go out there and be Mick Jagger, i'm sure at times he must have pulled muscles and aches and pains that concern him, he is a driven man and all that pressure can go to the voice.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2019 23:30

Mick strikes me as a worrier....

Yeah ???...I don't really see that ...
more a warrior … wandering spirit … maybe the only real Stone left ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 16, 2019 00:06

No Keithsman it's not that, it is age, wear and tear and health. In the old days he could manhandle his voice and still come up on top.
He can't do that anymore. As I said it's a medical condition. He has to be very careful. Were I more cynical I would say he shouldn't sing at all...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 16, 2019 00:22

I understand better and better my friend DandelionPowderman.

Yep. Keith Richards hopes the next tour will be the last one, Mick Jagger is the weak link of The Rolling Stones as a touring band. You live and learn.

Long live social media and everybody's right to voice an 'opinion' without any reflection. Make IORR great again!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 00:25 by Doxa.

Date: February 16, 2019 00:24

…. No No Doxa …. read again …..

ROCKMAN

Date: February 16, 2019 00:27

FAKE NEWS, Rockman!

- Doxa

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 16, 2019 00:31

Good grief. They were out on the road/ major tour <less than a year ago!
8 months ago
the band rocked my world and 50k at Twickenham. Remember? England and Euro stadiums outside. The wheels are still on the bus.
They’ve been steadily back and on top/ got the 14-16 ‘No Filter’ and Zip and SA
on and on
just another year just another gear up.

Date: February 16, 2019 00:31

…. hhhhaaaa the word maybe can be stretched in a lotta ways …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 16, 2019 00:53

Well - I just hope my first experience with Lucky Dip tickets prove favorable. The temps here in S. Florida are already in daytime 80s and lows in 60s F

Let's Gooooo!!!

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 16, 2019 00:55

runrudolph
harlem shuffle
Keithsman with his alltime stupid comments again as always.Weak link in all Stonesconcerts is always Keith Richards.If he could practise how to learn to play guitar again,then maybee the concerts could be better,because his playing now is really terrible

Just FO harlem shuffle. People are getting tired of you. Go away.
Jeroen
@#$%& off by you,re selv mr rudolph.I really don,t care what you and the rest hangarounds say about me.Go and take keithsmen for a walk in the park,buy him some icecream

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 16, 2019 01:07

35love
Good grief. They were out on the road/ major tour <less than a year ago!
8 months ago
the band rocked my world and 50k at Twickenham. Remember? England and Euro stadiums outside. The wheels are still on the bus.
They’ve been steadily back and on top/ got the 14-16 ‘No Filter’ and Zip and SA
on and on
just another year just another gear up.

Remember it well cool smiley and you're absolutely right.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 16, 2019 01:16

harlem shuffle
runrudolph
harlem shuffle
Keithsman with his alltime stupid comments again as always.Weak link in all Stonesconcerts is always Keith Richards.If he could practise how to learn to play guitar again,then maybee the concerts could be better,because his playing now is really terrible

Just FO harlem shuffle. People are getting tired of you. Go away.
Jeroen
@#$%& off by you,re selv mr rudolph.I really don,t care what you and the rest hangarounds say about me.Go and take keithsmen for a walk in the park,buy him some icecream
Don't we all love the Stones? Why can't we show act like adults? Every Stone is great.

Date: February 16, 2019 01:40

A bit double-standards here. When harlem shuffle is making provocative, but reactionary remarks against Keith Richards that seems to drive people angry and they say 'go away'. But the constant bitching and mockering of Mick Jagger seems to be alright and doesn't seem to bother people at all. That's just expressing an 'opinion'. It's nothing new here. Keith's the saint beyond criticism and Mick the one open to any shit.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 01:44 by Doxa.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 16, 2019 01:53

Hairball
maumau
"We'll have it done this year, at some point. We'll put down as much as we can for a week or so, and then we're on the road. So we'll see what happens after that."

Ikr!! He always says stuff like that (is ..in a sense.. that 'BS' I was referring to in our earlier writings that often comes from Keith ..and at times Ronnie). However I think this time it's for real .. Why? Has to be at some point and even Mick is talking about it it and posting on Social Media about it. No need to build up for two years away .. but a nice build-up for 8-9 months from now would work (looks like they already started doing that).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 01:54 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 16, 2019 02:16

Anybody know if they’re still in LA?

Date: February 16, 2019 05:00

IanBillen
Hairball
maumau

Ikr!! He always says stuff like that (is ..in a sense.. that 'BS' I was referring to in our earlier writings that often comes from Keith ..and at times Ronnie). However I think this time it's for real .. Why? Has to be at some point and even Mick is talking about it it and posting on Social Media about it. No need to build up for two years away .. but a nice build-up for 8-9 months from now would work (looks like they already started doing that).

Yes Ian with the recent "activity", seems it would be impossible for them to pull the wool over everyone's eyes as they've been doing in the past, but really hard to know what's going on.
Mick and Keith have seemingly been dragging everyone along to a certain extent, the most notorious of them being Keith and his double talk. Then there's honest to goodness/no B.S. Charlie, and good old Ronnie who have been the most trustworthy with their quotes. Charlie knows they did alot of sessions, but has no idea what came of it all, while Ronnie talked about the possibility of 'starting from scratch'. Not the news we wanted, but at least we knew where they stood.

But...there's possibly still of lots of hurdles to overcome and turbulent waters ahead (can't get out hopes too high yet) , and until we actually hear a finished song, anything can happen.
They obviously need to be in full agreement with the material, and they need approval from Universal for some lame reason. Kind of wish they could have just slammed one out and been done with it three years ago no matter the quality, though if the goofy and forgettable Getta Grip is anything to go by, maybe this is the best case scenario...wait...wait...wait. Meanwhile, a tour is coming up, followed by them resting, relaxing, recuperating, vacationing, and yes....family time! Then maybe they'll get around to finishing this thing.

All that said, I still have a dream they'll unleash a new tune before the tour even starts no matter how unrealistic that seems.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 16, 2019 05:10

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
maumau

Yes Ian with the recent "activity", seems it would be impossible for them to pull the wool over everyone's eyes as they've been doing in the past, but really hard to know what's going on.
Mick and Keith have seemingly been dragging everyone along to a certain extent, the most notorious of them being Keith and his double talk. Then there's honest to goodness/no B.S. Charlie, and good old Ronnie who have been the most trustworthy with their quotes. Charlie knows they did alot of sessions, but has no idea what came of it all, while Ronnie talked about the possibility of 'starting from scratch'. Not the news we wanted, but at least we knew where they stood.

But...there's possibly still of lots of hurdles to overcome and turbulent waters ahead (can't get out hopes too high yet) , and until we actually hear a finished song, anything can happen.
They obviously need to be in full agreement with the material, and they need approval from Universal for some lame reason. Kind of wish they could have just slammed one out and been done with it three years ago no matter the quality, though if the goofy and forgettable Getta Grip is anything to go by, maybe this is the best case scenario...wait...wait...wait. Meanwhile, a tour is coming up, followed by them resting, relaxing, recuperating, vacationing, and yes....family time! Then maybe they'll get around to finishing this thing.

All that said, I still have a dream they'll unleash a new tune before the tour even starts no matter how unrealistic that seems.

You are reallllly ...reallly .. hoping for atleast one good song by the tour..

I can wait (hell .. Ive waited this long .. almost..said screw it... I dont care. As you remarked .. I had to cave ...and anticipate again.

I don't have anything against anyone (including The Stones) who appreciates famly time. It's the best thing one can do. Too much with flyby night people in our lives and not enough true family time. However... my thing was.. don't say The Stones haven't recorded / recorded an album because they had to sack it or push that aside these days in place of ...'Family Time'... and we should understand that!!! ..... Gimme a break .. and that is the furthest thing from being logical ... It was just another excuse made for them .. and talk about a lame, BS one (check your watch .. these kats were doing everything under the sun! .. Stones related stuff and plenty non-related Stuff! See ...>> Movies ... tours ...>> Solo material...>> TV Shows .... Films.....Everything!! ..Well everything but recording an album .. ha) ha. Geeeeesh? grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-16 05:14 by IanBillen.

Date: February 16, 2019 07:25

IanBillen
You are reallllly ...reallly .. hoping for atleast one good song by the tour.

Yes, and not just for personal selfish reasons of wanting a new song to hear and see them play live, though yes that would be nice.
I'm talking about for the sake of the Stones - RELEASE something NEW to make the tour something SPECIAL vs. another regurgitation of the last few tours. More than one reviewer from the last leg of No Filter called it nothing more than a nostalgia fest, but went on to say it was still a good "nostalgia fest". If they were to insert even just ONE new song, it would add that extra bit of relevancy which would take it beyond just another "nostalgia fest", and partially silence the critics. Consider the last shows of that recent tour - the newest song they played dated back to Tattoo You - 38 years ago! For a few of the earlier shows Keith played Slipping Away from Steel Wheels, but even that is 30 damn years old. Not sure if they ever played anything from Voodoo Lounge, Bridges, or A Bigger Bang - their "latest" studio albums of original material, but they could have played You Got Me Rocking? . Granted they played a new blues cover from B&L each show, but hard to consider those as true Stones tunes when they're simply cover tunes. That said, they are definitely better live vs. studio though, and I hope they continue to play at least one of those as well. So yeah, really hoping for a BRAND NEW ORIGINAL STONES TUNE for the upcoming tour, but not holding my breath.

IanBillen
However... my thing was.. don't say The Stones haven't recorded / recorded an album because they had to sack it or push that aside these days in place of ...'Family Time'... and we should understand that!!! ..... Gimme a break .. and that is the furthest thing from being logical ... It was just another excuse made for them .. and talk about a lame, BS one (check your watch .. these kats were doing everything under the sun! .. Stones related stuff and plenty non-related Stuff! See ...>> Movies ... tours ...>> Solo material...>> TV Shows .... Films.....Everything!! ..Well everything but recording an album .. ha) ha. Geeeeesh? grinning grinning smiley

I feel your pain Ian...some day when we're really old men we'll probably still be waiting for a new Stones album while discussing their glory days c. 1962-1981, and the downward spiral that folloiwed.
Nothing like some good old fashioned nostalgia to keep up the good spirits.

Date: February 16, 2019 10:55

Rockman

Keith not a real stone in your eyes ( ears ) ?

Yet you carry his picture as your avatar. So tell us then, what does it take to be a real Stone Rockman ? i'm genuinely interested.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 16, 2019 16:52

keithsman
Rockman

Keith not a real stone in your eyes ( ears ) ?

Yet you carry his picture as your avatar. So tell us then, what does it take to be a real Stone Rockman ? i'm genuinely interested.

And most likely re-arming already...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 16, 2019 17:28

matxil
I don't know but it seems to me that the battles between GasLightStreet and HMS (where is that guy?) were a lot funnier. But keep on trying guys.

HarlemShuffle is a trolling dolt and people keep responding to the idiocy. There are proper ways to respond to such infantile troglodyteism.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 16, 2019 18:25

there are others more deserving of the title troll...and trolling on this site.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 16, 2019 20:01

Do they really need to run tracks past Universal? Or get their 'agreement' even.
Can't imagine Dylan doing that with Sony somehow, but who knows.
And the really big sellers eg Adele, Ed Sherran, must have even more leverage.

Date: February 17, 2019 00:01

keithsman....

Hey man …. you know you cant really discuss those
things properly in public..so maybe best you drop
around and we'll play some pre-war blues...then some Dub....

Avatar... OH Yeah!!.. I was gonna change it to that early shot of
Ike Zimmerman but it woulda took some explaining...and I didn't really want my phone lines runnin' way hot ...ssssizzle...spark!!

ROCKMAN

Date: February 17, 2019 00:53

Rockman
keithsman....

Hey man …. you know you cant really discuss those
things properly in public..so maybe best you drop
around and we'll play some pre-war blues...then some Dub....

Avatar... OH Yeah!!.. I was gonna change it to that early shot of
Ike Zimmerman but it woulda took some explaining...and I didn't really want my phone lines runnin' way hot ...ssssizzle...spark!!

Yes that's cool, i understand, no worries.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...292293294295296297298299300301302...LastNext
Current Page: 297 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home