Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...297298299300301302303304305306307...LastNext
Current Page: 302 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 20, 2019 18:34

I’m a King/ Queen Bee bzzz bzzz my hive mentality.

Hey, I love the Stones and am having a laugh.

And woo wooo the ‘insiders’
Woo hoo hoo hoo hoo, woo hoo hoo hoo.

New tunes please.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 20, 2019 18:48

35love
I’m a King/ Queen Bee bzzz bzzz my hive mentality.

Hey, I love the Stones and am having a laugh.

And woo wooo the ‘insiders’
Woo hoo hoo hoo hoo, woo hoo hoo hoo.

New tunes please.

Yeah i'm with you on that one THIS IS THE STONES, the only reason we are here, yeah give us a new single you old devils >grinning smiley<

Date: February 20, 2019 18:54

Hairball
Looks like this thread has taken another strange detour by dissecting the intricacies of social media and IORR.
That's what happens I guess with no new original album in 14 years and counting - the natives start growing restless.
Perhaps we all need a WALL to stop us in our tracks and bang our head against for a bit of self reflection and introspection.

Lol...............spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Lol. Exactly, 300 pages of BS because we got nothing, so does it hurt to do a little detour now and then ?
It gets a bit trainspotty here at times. It's not even a sticky thread, even BV doesn't take this thread that seriously, those that know, know there isn't going to be an album for a long time, possibly never, i mean one of them could croak before this album is done.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 20, 2019 19:02

Yeah we all could die before the release of the new album. Hope to enjoy it though.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-20 19:09 by runrudolph.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 20, 2019 19:12

runrudolph
Yeah we all could die before the release of the new album. Hope to enjoy it though.
Jeroen

Yeah, I was just thinking, only god knows if I can make it to page 600

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 20, 2019 19:16

Doxa
Rokyfan
It was just a joke, about Shirley being Charlie's motivation to get out and tour . . . like he has been married forever so that's his motivation to get out of the house . . . like "take my wife, please" back from the days when there was a thing called comedy. A joke.

A joke indeed, but I recall Charlie himself saying something to the effect that when he is at home he doesn't really do anything - sitting in a vintage car probably doesn't count - and when it starts to get too long, his wife starts to get frustrated, 'don't you have anything to do'...

Couldn't find that one - it was footage - but here is another one by Charlie (2003; credits go to timeisonourside.com):

I am what you would call a loner; I can get along just fine without people around me. We live on a farm, you know. Even worse, we have two - one in England and one in France. My wife runs the farms and I live there, so to speak. The only people about the house are men and women who are in agriculture...

Occasionally we go out and dine with friends, but not too often. I'm not like Ronnie Wood who needs to have people around him all day. If I'm honest, I enjoy the conmpany of dogs more than that of humans. Not that I loathe my species, but I'm of no good to them. They would find me a miserable little man after a while. Keith doesn't go out at all either. He lives with his wife in Connecticut and his life isn't all that different from mine. Mick is the only one who, through the years, has succeeded in dragging me out of the house, time and again... (I)f it was up to Keith and me, we would never set foot outside our homes, so to speak.

"My wife runs the farms and I live there, so to speak."....grinning smiley

So when Mick calls up, I can easily imagine Shirley responding.. 'yes, Charlie will come'... >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Think I learned more about Charlie here rather all the other, Thanks Dox

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 20, 2019 19:58

Sadly this thread is full of posts with endless speculations and count of years, months and days without a new album, over and over, one day after another... one thing is sure, the Stones are not even 10% worried about the new album like most people around here, and increasing this thread 3-4 pages each day won't get the thing done faster.

The people at Universal are not even asking about the new album anymore, they know that the Stones are working on it and no one is expecting anything during the next 6-8 months at least, the expectations were high earlier last year but the band was not happy with the results so they are working on it again and they'll work again after the tour.

For some reason the Stones are not dropping any new song during this time, they have over 20 new ones, I've been told about 2 new songs recorded first on 2015 with now 5 different versions at least, each version mixed and ready to release. They are holding the stuff and working on different versions of each new song, we have Mick mixes and Keith mixes of many of the new tunes.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 20, 2019 20:00

georgelicks
Sadly this thread is full of posts with endless speculations and count of years, months and days without a new album, over and over, one day after another... one thing is sure, the Stones are not even 10% worried about the new album like most people around here, and increasing this thread 3-4 pages each day won't get the thing done faster.

The people at Universal are not even asking about the new album anymore, they know that the Stones are working on it and no one is expecting anything during the next 6-8 months at least, the expectations were high earlier last year but the band was not happy with the results so they are working on it again and they'll work again after the tour.

For some reason the Stones are not dropping any new song during this time, they have over 20 new ones, I've been told about 2 new songs recorded first on 2015 with now 5 different versions at least, each version mixed and ready to release. They are holding the stuff and working on different versions of each new song, we have Mick mixes and Keith mixes of many of the new tunes.

I agree 100%. thumbs up

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2019 20:02

CJFP
MisterDDDD
New album cover leaked..

I love it! Better than A Bigger Bang!

Steeling from Pink Floyd??confused smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 20, 2019 20:03

thanks georgelicks. Guess the album will be done Christmas 2021.
Jeroen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 20, 2019 20:05

Thanks as always, georgelicks.

Date: February 20, 2019 20:10

bye bye johnny
Thanks as always, georgelicks.

+ 1
Cheers George.

Just as i thought, Christmas release at best.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 20, 2019 20:12

Thanks for the update georgelicks...sad to hear not even a single new tune prior to the tour, but not surprised really.

"...they have over 20 new ones, I've been told about 2 new songs recorded first on 2015 with now 5 different versions at least, each version mixed and ready to release.
They are holding the stuff and working on different versions of each new song, we have Mick mixes and Keith mixes of many of the new tunes".

Well, no wonder it's taking eternity to get it done. A bit of overthinking and second guessing maybe.
The Blue and Lonesome approach of cranking 'em out in a few days might have served them well, but being they're original tunes I suppose that's asking a bit much.
On the bright side, good to know there's actually new Stones material somewhere in this world even though we can't hear any of it! smiling smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 20, 2019 20:17

georgelicks

...so another 'wall'?!! winking smiley

Date: February 20, 2019 20:20

Humour me, lets just say the "Mick has writers block" suggestion was correct, this would explain why this album is taking so long and why it's being re-written.

Humour me some more and lets give Keith the benefit of the doubt because he could write a few years ago when he made Crosseyed Heart.

That puts the likelihood of a 14 year absence between albums in Micks direction.
I'm hoping Ronnie can help Keith finish this album, question is will Micks ego allow a Stones album to be released that only has a few of Micks not so good demos on it ?

Date: February 20, 2019 20:24

"we have Mick mixes and Keith mixes of many of the new tunes"

Pretty sure which versions I'd prefer, but will keep an open mind.
Maybe they should release two albums at once - a Keith version and a Mick version - make everybody happy!

Date: February 20, 2019 20:39

Hairball

Maybe they should release two albums at once - a Keith version and a Mick version - make everybody happy!

Keep an open mind, yes, but it's beginning to look obvious that Mick has problems delivering decent goods that are fit for distribution.
I honestly don't understand why Mick and Keith don't finish off the volumes of tracks that must be left over from previous albums over the decades.
There are many circulating on youtube too, it's a pity these unfinished tracks will never be released. I just don't understand why Mick keeps writing demos that are not acceptable for a Stones album. I know he says he is writing all the time, but what is he writing ?, England Lost part 2, 3, and 4 perhaps confused smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 20, 2019 20:48

keithsman
Humour me, lets just say the "Mick has writers block" suggestion was correct, this would explain why this album is taking so long and why it's being re-written.

Humour me some more and lets give Keith the benefit of the doubt because he could write a few years ago when he made Crosseyed Heart.

That puts the likelihood of a 14 year absence between albums in Micks direction.
I'm hoping Ronnie can help Keith finish this album, question is will Micks ego allow a Stones album to be released that only has a few of Micks not so good demos on it ?

I'll humor you..

Keithsman went to the doc the other day..
Doc: "Sorry to inform you, but you are officially, clinically, delusional"

KM: "I'm going to need to get a second opinion"
Doc: "Ok, you're ugly too"

Tip your waiter..

Date: February 20, 2019 20:52

MisterDDDD
keithsman

I'll humor you..

Keithsman went to the doc the other day..
Doc: "Sorry to inform you, but you are officially, clinically, delusional"

KM: "I'm going to need to get a second opinion"
Doc: "Ok, you're ugly too"

Tip your waiter..

Hehe brilliant MisterDDD that's why i love ya, your stand up comedy routine is very good but i wouldn't give up your day job if i were you eye rolling smiley

Date: February 20, 2019 20:57

A shame Keith and Mick can't see eye to eye on the making of the new album, but could be some deeply rooted dislike for each other.
Mick did say some time ago (to paraphrase) that 'Keith will veto an idea or dislike something in the studio just for the sake of being difficult'.
And more recently in regards to Micks 40 demos, Keith said "being prolific don't mean shit"...clearly it's not all a bed of roses.

Date: February 20, 2019 21:09

Hairball
A shame Keith and Mick can't see eye to eye on the making of the new album, but could be some deeply rooted dislike for each other.
Mick did say some time ago (to paraphrase) that 'Keith will veto an idea or dislike something in the studio just for the sake of being difficult'.
And more recently in regards to Micks 40 demos, Keith said "being prolific don't mean shit"...clearly it's not all a bed of roses.

But if Mick does have writers block, Keith has an impossible job on his hands, how do you write with someone that can't, or refuses to write with you.
Keith was pushing for this album to be made, he went into this project full of optimism, Keith defiantly wanted this and was up for it after the high of making CH, something has gone wrong imho.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 20, 2019 21:27

georgelicks

This is exciting, release it all at once and call it "5 virgins". Seriously, at least 5 versions??, speaks to their high creativity IMO...drinking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 20, 2019 21:35

matxil
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
matxil
I don't know but it seems to me that the battles between GasLightStreet and HMS (where is that guy?) were a lot funnier. But keep on trying guys.

HarlemShuffle is a trolling dolt and people keep responding to the idiocy. There are proper ways to respond to such infantile troglodyteism.

?? And that differs in what way to your constant responses to the trolling dolt, HMS?

Because of how insipidly hilarious he was about praising one of the worst pieces of recorded music in history.

You're right though - he should've been ignored as well. However, he wasn't rude like Harlem Shuffle is.

Yeah, I was guilty of it too for some time, until it became obvious that he was just out for attention, then I refused to take the bait -- but yes, it was funny in a way, I am convinced that he thought if he praised it enough, that he could get others to agree that perhaps it wasn't the biggest piece of shite ever released (which it is).

Well, I wouldn't call HMS a troll, for the same reason GasLightStreet already mentioned: he was never rude, even though pretty much the entire forum did not agree with him.
And I miss the guy. It's good to have someone around to defend unpopular ideas. DW is not a very good album, but it doesn't do harm to hear someone say differently, see it from another side. Maybe some of the songs *could* have worked, maybe there are parts of it which are not so bad, or maybe not, but it's always worth seeing it from a different perspective. Same goes for TSMR or Gomper or whatever. He was a bit repetitive sometimes, but aren't we all? This entire thread is going through the same pointless loop for 301 pages already.
HMS sure was a lot more interesting than "you said Mick is stupid", "Yes but you said Keith is stupid" "But you said Mick is stupider" "It's all Ronnie's fault!"

Sorry but that part is not an opinion, he was 100% a troll. When someone posts in every thread and turns it into a Dirty Work argument, that is the exact definition of a troll -- and yes, he was doing that. If someone posted that Exile was a great album or that Gimme Shelter was a great song, he no doubt would be the next to respond "not as good as DW", or "right up there with One Hit", knowing full well he was going to start the verbal back & forth. Yes, it could be funny at times, but nonetheless it was trolling.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 20, 2019 23:17

35love
Rokyfan
It was just a joke, about Shirley being Charlie's motivation to get out and tour . . . like he has been married forever so that's his motivation to get out of the house . . . like "take my wife, please" back from the days when there was a thing called comedy. A joke.

Here's another: I don't think Mick is actually making contractual arrangements with Melanie, I think he just made some comments about how he is going to be working on the new relationship and people took it too seriously.

I was joking too, as in, please give me the magic formula I spend more, and hubby keeps $$. I’d look a lot better, and on a fine horse too, why not, if that were true.
Obviously we have no new music to pummel so I thought I’d smash around on relations.
And, I think when you’re a high roller, paperwork gets issued.

P.S.
I would like to hear the song
‘Really want to tell the truth’ or
‘Really want to talk to you’
In full please
Thank you.

yes, i love that little clip.
that should be one of the singles.
short as it is, it wouldn't have been memorialized on Instagram
like that if it was a passing or inconsequential homey kinda of deal;
happy holidays here i am at the office kinda deal...
...not with their massive PR campaigns usually very highly planned and controlled.
If that's the case, or not, I think it sounded super engaging and had
a great groove and harnmonies too. I liked it immediately and upon
many replays. I want a good Stones album very badly and do believe
I'm about to get one.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 20, 2019 23:23

LeonidP
matxil
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
matxil
I don't know but it seems to me that the battles between GasLightStreet and HMS (where is that guy?) were a lot funnier. But keep on trying guys.

HarlemShuffle is a trolling dolt and people keep responding to the idiocy. There are proper ways to respond to such infantile troglodyteism.

?? And that differs in what way to your constant responses to the trolling dolt, HMS?

Because of how insipidly hilarious he was about praising one of the worst pieces of recorded music in history.

You're right though - he should've been ignored as well. However, he wasn't rude like Harlem Shuffle is.

Yeah, I was guilty of it too for some time, until it became obvious that he was just out for attention, then I refused to take the bait -- but yes, it was funny in a way, I am convinced that he thought if he praised it enough, that he could get others to agree that perhaps it wasn't the biggest piece of shite ever released (which it is).

Well, I wouldn't call HMS a troll, for the same reason GasLightStreet already mentioned: he was never rude, even though pretty much the entire forum did not agree with him.
And I miss the guy. It's good to have someone around to defend unpopular ideas. DW is not a very good album, but it doesn't do harm to hear someone say differently, see it from another side. Maybe some of the songs *could* have worked, maybe there are parts of it which are not so bad, or maybe not, but it's always worth seeing it from a different perspective. Same goes for TSMR or Gomper or whatever. He was a bit repetitive sometimes, but aren't we all? This entire thread is going through the same pointless loop for 301 pages already.
HMS sure was a lot more interesting than "you said Mick is stupid", "Yes but you said Keith is stupid" "But you said Mick is stupider" "It's all Ronnie's fault!"

Sorry but that part is not an opinion, he was 100% a troll. When someone posts in every thread and turns it into a Dirty Work argument, that is the exact definition of a troll -- and yes, he was doing that. If someone posted that Exile was a great album or that Gimme Shelter was a great song, he no doubt would be the next to respond "not as good as DW", or "right up there with One Hit", knowing full well he was going to start the verbal back & forth. Yes, it could be funny at times, but nonetheless it was trolling.

He was indeed a DIRTY WORK troll.

Bless his little heart.

Date: February 21, 2019 00:00

GasLightStreet
LeonidP
matxil
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
LeonidP
GasLightStreet
matxil

He was indeed a DIRTY WORK troll.

Bless his little heart.

Does this mean we have She's The Boss and Godless In The Doorway Trolls among us winking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 21, 2019 00:10

keithsman
Hairball

Keep an open mind, yes, but it's beginning to look obvious that Mick has problems delivering decent goods that are fit for distribution.
I honestly don't understand why Mick and Keith don't finish off the volumes of tracks that must be left over from previous albums over the decades.
There are many circulating on youtube too, it's a pity these unfinished tracks will never be released. I just don't understand why Mick keeps writing demos that are not acceptable for a Stones album. I know he says he is writing all the time, but what is he writing ?, England Lost part 2, 3, and 4 perhaps confused smiley

That judgement of quality not completely isolated from the poster's own preferences, one will gather. winking smiley

Acceptability for a Stones album as well, it is obviously Keith's judgement once again which is the reference. If for some or even many posters and readers that would be a good measuring stick, it will not be the case for some others.

At least for these others, a lacking ability on Mick's part to come up with musical ideas is not a relevant proposal then. That explanation is contested.

I for one will rather assume that a difficult Keith is a much more relevant explanation. Mentionned in another post. . That is, "the stumbling block" hypothesis is quite interesting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 00:13 by Witness.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 21, 2019 00:16

georgelicks

Thanks, georgelicks, for your update.

So, as suggested here by many, there is a rather plenty of material in the can so far. I'll take it also a good sign that the guys are not in any rush to release anything until they are satisfied with the results (or know what to do with them). No pressure from UMG either, so let the cooks make their soup as they wish, no matter how long it takes (I assumed earlier that that of re-newing their contract last year had something to do with UMG's attitude). Keith sounded firm that the album will be released before the end of this year. That he was just suggesting a few months ago, when pressured, but now his tone has changed. In his terms it seemingly is not "early stages" any longer, but a project with an end in sight. Also Mick's tone from "hoping" has changed into that of clearly stating they are making an album, and he even having 'meetings about it'. Both guys sound now determinate.

Interesting info that of the tunes having different versions and mixes. That doesn't necessarily need to mean that there is a huge war going on behind the curtains. This reminds me that at the very early stage of the process, by the time of after the release of BLUE &LONESOME, both Mick and Ronnie were thinking aloud that the material they have recorded so far might need to be re-recorded or recorded via the way BLUE & LONESOME was done (a serious indication that they weren't satisfied with the original versions). At the time Jagger said the latter, the only thing I could imagine him meaning was that of the guys needing to have a strong vision how the songs supposed to go (like blues covers), that is, having learned them at home, so the actual recording process will be faster and more focused. That's what, for example, Keith has mentioned to have done much lately: listening a helluva lot material already in the can (which started to sound tiresome to him). It could very well mean that the new album has needed much more 'home work' than their previous efforts.

The talk of different versions and mixes brings me back to suggest that the 'album' they are working at, might not come in a traditional form any longer. They might surprise us with something novel. Jagger's solo 'single' already came in different versions (two songs with multiply versions). It could be that it was a test for something bigger deal to come later, that of a Rolling Stones album. New formats provide a template for that.

- Doxa

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 00:34 by Doxa.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 21, 2019 00:18

"Keith being dificult".....well...I think it was Ronnie who said in a recent interview, with reference to Keith's (relative) sobriety of late, that he was much easier to work with now.

Fake news?

Date: February 21, 2019 00:35

oops wrong thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-21 00:36 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...297298299300301302303304305306307...LastNext
Current Page: 302 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home