Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...246247248249250251252253254255256...LastNext
Current Page: 251 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Date: December 29, 2018 14:39

Rocky Dijon
250 pages is quite a milestone. 5 pages of information about the actual work-in-progress and 245 pages of hanging around.

LOL brilliant!

oops, I just took it to 251

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-29 14:39 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 29, 2018 15:01

If one day there is a Spinal Tap #2, The Final Phase, I hope they explore the mystical theme of the "long awaited last record".

Rockandroll,

Mops

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 29, 2018 17:20

keithsman
LeonidP
keithsman
...i mean since when does it take a year to make an album, especially one that has a lot of sessions already in the can.

Can anyone explain this change of attitude from the glimmers and can anyone help with what caused this change.

I can. No motivation. What is the point, really? (other than fans like you/me/etc. dying to have it). They make too much $$ doing the tours & playing the same songs. That seems to appease the masses.

Although what you say it true, it's sad that it ended this way, i mean Mick hasn't been motivated for 14 years, Keith was at least motivated enough to make Crosseyed Heart, and he was clearly motivated to make this Stones album, but something has changed recently, i wonder if Mick taking his two demos and releasing them while he and Keith were making this album was the final nail in the coffin.
It's like Keith said to himself @#$%& it whats the point , life is too short.

Keith actually wasn't too motivated to make Crosseyed Heart. Recall that he went MANY years without an album, and I believe it was Steve Jordan that had to do a lot of convincing to get Keith to agree to do it.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: December 29, 2018 17:41

I think someone else has said something about Universal and quality control. I know I have. Even though it's unlikely, is it possible they want to release an album worthy of the Stones?
What’s good and what’s bad music is of course subjective but surely even the most loyal of fans would have to admit that the quality has gone down over the years.
I know it’s hard to imagine a bunch of suits telling Mick and Keith to come back when they’ve got something worth listening to!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 29, 2018 17:52

jajajajajajaja!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 29, 2018 20:01

rollmops
If one day there is a Spinal Tap #2, The Final Phase, I hope they explore the mystical theme of the "long awaited last record".

Rockandroll,

Mops

Haha the mystical theme....smiling smiley

Could be titled "A Comedy of Errors" with Nigel never being able to nail the last solo on the last song on their last album ...
While the rest of the band and producer think it sounds good enough, Nigel - being the perfectionist - is the stumbling block which coincidentally is the title of the final tune and the final album itself.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 29, 2018 21:01

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 29, 2018 21:07

KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

Fascinating stuff. I just hope the whole album will be as good as this first glimpse...

Date: December 29, 2018 21:14

KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

thumbs up

From the same session: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 29, 2018 21:25

keithsman
There is one thing that keeps coming back to me about this forthcoming album that just doesn't ring true. The band were constantly giving the impression in interviews that they had recorded some good sessions and that the album was on its way, i got the impression it was going to be released before the 2019 tour.
Then out of the blue we received coordinated interviews from Mick and Keith last month that gave the impression it was no where near finished, and that it would probably take another 12 months for completion.
The other strange thing was Keith saying it would more than likely be finished this time next year, i mean since when does it take a year to make an album, especially one that has a lot of sessions already in the can.

Can anyone explain this change of attitude from the glimmers and can anyone help with what caused this change.

Edit.
One other thing just spring to mind, and that is how eager iorr Stones fans are for a new album, when you consider we are 7 pages short of the thread for Crosseyed Heart at page 257.
I really think that if the boys can settle their differences this album will sell very well, even more than B&L, especially if they come up with another Start Me Up type single, the Stones could set the world on fire one more time, if they could just get their shit together and get over themselves.

In terms of a really big seller, that doesn't fall off the charts completely in 8 weeks, I'd agree, we need a killer single. Trouble is, we haven't had one in almost 40 years, so statistically doesn't look good. (unless you're glass half full, and then that statistically we're way overdue!).

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 29, 2018 21:26

Hairball
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

thumbs up

Another killer tune. Far out! Mick's in fine form here. I have a feeling that the album's gonna be great.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 30, 2018 00:28

retired_dog
Hairball
KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

thumbs up

Another killer tune. Far out! Mick's in fine form here. I have a feeling that the album's gonna be great.

Translation? It seems to be in code/ foreign language.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 30, 2018 02:11

MisterDDDD
IanBillen

As to the board .. Thank GOODNESS everyone came around to my thought on this .. (not saying you weren't on board in the past). It's like .. sure.. I understand you are in your mid 70's .. I understand you dont owe me or anyone anything .. BUT in a sense they based on a few million dollar album contract they took out, a record producer the label is paying, a notion they still feel as though they are a fully functional act and not an oldies routine and especially this 'Yeah ... we have an album we are working on... going good .. more work on the album ... more work on the album we are making .. we want it really good .. one is coming' .. Then we get ' Oh yeah no clue when it will come .. Still the early stages. After a while (3 plus years) .. Ya gotta say .. (and as you brought up)

>> Keith (and company) .. 'Talk is Cheap' my friend .. remember? .. Cut the bullshit mates .. do it or not.. but dont constantly tease us about it grinning smiley. The Stones sort of been pissing on our legs and telling us it's raining Ha.

It's garbage -

The notion that their business contracts have an impact on what fans are "owed" is false.
The responses to the questions regarding potential new music are just that. Responses. It's not like they bring it up in interviews... a far cry from "constantly teasing"..
They've obviously worked on new material over the last few years and are not ready or willing to release it yet for whatever reason(s), which speaking of entitlement, they are entitled to.

Guy .. what part of this aren't you and some others getting about this? Ok forget the record contract .. forget everything. They are telling us that they are working on an album and def are going to release it. They should be obligated based on that my friend Lol ..

If you want someone to perceive you as something you should let your actions speak on that. If they want tobe perceived onnot just a Nostalgia act ya gotta put out new product.

If ya say you are working on a record to release you are obligated to do it (unless god forbid something happens health wise or family wise which it hasnt). We are talking about The Rolling Stones .. not some bar band who dont owe people things simply because they promise it. The Stones realize they are speaking out to millions who follow them in their statements. Just like The Lady Gaga .. Just like any other high profile person.

If Lady Gaga says shes working on an album and has a record contract for it and keeps saying one is coming .. gonna be released etc. well then she DOES owe her fans a record Lol .. (again .. Health permitting .. ).

and by the way .. yes The Stones have teased us .. pictures of Keithinthe studio .. Mick playing a clip of him making 'new music' ... mentions of them working on a project on social media publicly with clips and pictures every here and again IS teasing Lol

Quit being so darn easy on em .. or maybe I should say .... quit cutting them such a major break ... this has been going on for years and we are still hearing 'early stages'?? Look ... Paul McCartney .. Neil Young .. Springsteen .. others are producing records guy ..and guess what.. they don't tease and talk about it much .. they simply do it!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 08:59 by IanBillen.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 30, 2018 02:14

IanBillen
GasLightStreet
The true essence of this new album, if it does indeed come out, is if they promote it in any sense, like playing 2 songs from it for shows. If they tour next year, which if you take what Keith said seriously, they won't be doing stadiums in the US ever again, perhaps they'll do basketball/hockey arenas and maybe a few festivals.

It will be telling how they feel about the album with their shows. In 1989 they started their discernment between their hits, being a nostalgia band, and new songs, with the hype of the new album and they came through playing songs from it. Lesser so with VOODOO and even lesser so with BRIDGES. BANG was a joke. As with all of their tours since then, they've played X amount of songs from the new album and then the rest being HOT ROCKS and REWIND on those tours but every tour since then with exception to about 4 songs, they are ignored. Mick is most likely very aware that no one is going to spend $200-$1500 a ticket without wanting to hear the classic songs and not the newer material that sold well album wise but they don't have the time of the hits, nor are the songs anywhere near that quality.

When did Keith say they won'r be doing stadiums in the US ever again?

Quite recently.

In the last year there have been a lot of retirement tours. What do you make of those? Rod Stewart recently said that Elton John’s three-year farewell tour was “dishonest” and “stinks of selling tickets.”
Well, you can look at it either way. If you mean it, that’s the way it is. I just haven’t gotten around to thinking in that head yet. I don’t know if you never know. Maybe this will be the last one, I don’t know.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: December 30, 2018 02:16

GasLightStreet
IanBillen
GasLightStreet
The true essence of this new album, if it does indeed come out, is if they promote it in any sense, like playing 2 songs from it for shows. If they tour next year, which if you take what Keith said seriously, they won't be doing stadiums in the US ever again, perhaps they'll do basketball/hockey arenas and maybe a few festivals.

It will be telling how they feel about the album with their shows. In 1989 they started their discernment between their hits, being a nostalgia band, and new songs, with the hype of the new album and they came through playing songs from it. Lesser so with VOODOO and even lesser so with BRIDGES. BANG was a joke. As with all of their tours since then, they've played X amount of songs from the new album and then the rest being HOT ROCKS and REWIND on those tours but every tour since then with exception to about 4 songs, they are ignored. Mick is most likely very aware that no one is going to spend $200-$1500 a ticket without wanting to hear the classic songs and not the newer material that sold well album wise but they don't have the time of the hits, nor are the songs anywhere near that quality.

When did Keith say they won'r be doing stadiums in the US ever again?

Quite recently.

In the last year there have been a lot of retirement tours. What do you make of those? Rod Stewart recently said that Elton John’s three-year farewell tour was “dishonest” and “stinks of selling tickets.”
Well, you can look at it either way. If you mean it, that’s the way it is. I just haven’t gotten around to thinking in that head yet. I don’t know if you never know. Maybe this will be the last one, I don’t know.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Oh yes... I saw that... I thought you were saying Keith said they weren't going to do stadiums again (but will continue doing other venues ...) .. Keith is saying here this maybe the last tour period .. not simply of stadiums (he is simply running the mouth as he does though ... Although it could be .. there is no plan that it might be).

I read ya though

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 02:18 by IanBillen.

Date: December 30, 2018 02:28

I took it for the last stadium tour, not touring the US.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 30, 2018 02:31

He said: This could be the last time. It may be the last time. I don’t know.

Lol Keith.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 30, 2018 03:59

I never saw that Keith quote as anything other than a reasonable statement any of them would make at this stage. They're in their mid-seventies. It doesn't seem significant he would say this may be the last tour or last stadium tour. Saying anything else would seem unrealistic.

Date: December 30, 2018 04:10

Rocky Dijon
I never saw that Keith quote as anything other than a reasonable statement any of them would make at this stage. They're in their mid-seventies. It doesn't seem significant he would say this may be the last tour or last stadium tour. Saying anything else would seem unrealistic.

I took it in context, a stadium tour, so Keith saying it may be the last one just means... that, really, it may be the last stadium tour.

Which seems very logical, actually. They are getting OLD.

Date: December 30, 2018 04:54

For some artists in the future (young, old, famous, or not), the Stones are setting a new precedent on how to record and release a new album - talk alot and do very little about it. In the Stones' case, it doesn't really matter as their legacy is solid based on recordings from their first twenty years alone give or take. But for young bands, this could be detrimental not only to them, but for their fans, as well as music in general..."the Stones don't do shit anymore other than touring. They mention recording a new album occasionally, but work on it very little, so why should we? We want to be like the Stones man...very rich, spending most of our time on holiday and with family, and playing oldies to our adoring fans at outrageous prices". Works out great for the Stones and they've earned that right to do whatever they want, but some of the younguns are in for a big surprise if they try and pull this crap. Then again, most bands with any creative integrity would never even think of being so lazy and/or misleading- they'd put their shoulder to the wheel and get it done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 05:01 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 30, 2018 05:26

Lol.
Yeah, that's what the bands of the future will think.
What a bunch of losers.

Fifty five (..and counting) year successful career.
The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in The World.

Doing what they want, when they want.
Last twenty years spent touring the world, releasing Grammy winning albums, solo albums, guest appearances, artwork, exhibitions, concert movies and basically doing what they and the fans want.. continuing to play the best live rock music to the greatest fans (mostly cool smiley all over the world.

Losers spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 30, 2018 06:18

Well happily only a relatively small number of fanatics on messageboards care that they're "late" in delivering their album so all those young rock bands out there who fail to realize the Stones make a poor role model needn't be too concerned.

That was one of your funniest (and yes, intentional) yet, Hairball.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 30, 2018 06:53

winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 30, 2018 13:48

Hope to hear some updates from georgelicks or soldatti..
Jeroen

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 31, 2018 00:00

Hairball
For some artists in the future (young, old, famous, or not), the Stones are setting a new precedent on how to record and release a new album - talk alot and do very little about it.

Well, Keef at least always said he doesn't want to be a role model. LOL

But otherwaise you are right, I think. But then, all that business has changed a lot altogether. In the 70s you expected (and got) a new album every year (and sometimes you got even two in one year). If someone released another album after two years, it was often dubbed a comeback album. Then in the 80s the general pace slowed down and a two year interval between albums became the rule. Meanwhile many goups seem to be finished after one or two albums (exception, aparently: prog).

Let's just hope Chuck Berry doesn't serve as a role model for the Stones, with 38 years between Rock It and Chuck ...eye popping smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: December 31, 2018 01:57

treaclefingers
keithsman
There is one thing that keeps coming back to me about this forthcoming album that just doesn't ring true. The band were constantly giving the impression in interviews that they had recorded some good sessions and that the album was on its way, i got the impression it was going to be released before the 2019 tour.
Then out of the blue we received coordinated interviews from Mick and Keith last month that gave the impression it was no where near finished, and that it would probably take another 12 months for completion.
The other strange thing was Keith saying it would more than likely be finished this time next year, i mean since when does it take a year to make an album, especially one that has a lot of sessions already in the can.

Edit.
One other thing just spring to mind, and that is how eager iorr Stones fans are for a new album, when you consider we are 7 pages short of the thread for Crosseyed Heart at page 257.
I really think that if the boys can settle their differences this album will sell very well, even more than B&L, especially if they come up with another Start Me Up type single, the Stones could set the world on fire one more time, if they could just get their shit together and get over themselves.

In terms of a really big seller, that doesn't fall off the charts completely in 8 weeks, I'd agree, we need a killer single. Trouble is, we haven't had one in almost 40 years, so statistically doesn't look good. (unless you're glass half full, and then that statistically we're way overdue!).

I thought that when i wrote this, i was thinking their best efforts since SMU were Undercover Of The Night, Saint Of Me, Love Is Strong and Anybody Seen My Baby etc, yeah none of them have the hook, but thinking about it, how hard can it be for the Stones to try to copy SMU and make a good attempt at re creating a similar sounding track. It's not rocket science. Rock And A Hard Place was another one, i mean really, they just need to simplify everything and go back to basics, a simple catchy hook and riff is all that's needed.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: December 31, 2018 02:07

LeonidP
keithsman
LeonidP
keithsman
...i mean since when does it take a year to make an album, especially one that has a lot of sessions already in the can.

I can. No motivation. What is the point, really? (other than fans like you/me/etc. dying to have it). They make too much $$ doing the tours & playing the same songs. That seems to appease the masses.

Although what you say it true, it's sad that it ended this way, i mean Mick hasn't been motivated for 14 years, Keith was at least motivated enough to make Crosseyed Heart, and he was clearly motivated to make this Stones album, but something has changed recently, i wonder if Mick taking his two demos and releasing them while he and Keith were making this album was the final nail in the coffin.
It's like Keith said to himself @#$%& it whats the point , life is too short.

Keith actually wasn't too motivated to make Crosseyed Heart. Recall that he went MANY years without an album, and I believe it was Steve Jordan that had to do a lot of convincing to get Keith to agree to do it.

Yes that's right, we have Steve Jordan to thank for talking Keith into making Crosseyed Heart, they were saying it was made over a series of weekends over a long period of time.
I got the impression Keith liked working that way with no pressure and it got the best out of Keith.
Hopefully that experience motivates Keith to do one more solo album for us.

Date: December 31, 2018 02:39

Rocky Dijon

Right .. I know.. I mean I thought Keith actually said they didn't want to and planned not to do another 'stadium' tour.

They are 75 if this is the last tour or stadium tour it would be by chance .. he was simply saying the odds are getting higher and higher in being stacked against them is all he was saying.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 31, 2018 03:41

IanBillen
.. he was simply saying the odds are getting higher and higher in being stacked against them is all he was saying.

That's also how I understood it.

Date: December 31, 2018 04:22

Rocky Dijon

Right .. I know.. I mean I thought Keith actually said they didn't want to and planned not to do another 'stadium' tour.

They are 75 if this is the last tour or stadium tour it would be by chance .. he was simply saying the odds are getting higher and higher in being stacked against them is all he was saying.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...246247248249250251252253254255256...LastNext
Current Page: 251 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home