Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...185186187188189190191192193194195...LastNext
Current Page: 190 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 24, 2018 08:20

The Stones need to hit the road once more. Looks a little Keith's paunch is returning, going by the picture posted.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 24, 2018 09:00

Hairball
Lol...was wondering what that post was all about from Ian...deja vu all over again. smiling smiley
I know we've rehashed and revisited various conversations throughout this thread, but not back to back and just one day apart!

For the record Ian, the site is called Time is on OUR Side (not My Side), and I'm quite familiar with it thank you.

Here's the breaking news: "August 19, 2018: Mick Jagger records/composes at home"...can't get much vaguer than that, but I suppose it sounds better than "Mick fiddling around with new effects pedals".

Here's some more vague info to ponder posted above by mtaylor :

"They or he will publish music - if it is two songs, five songs or a full album god only knows. But, certainly new music.... either by himself like earlier this year or as Stones".

Ha .. Well I didn't get a response. I expect only two things from you and the rest of the Samaritans on this board..

1. A response
2. Greatness

Preferably both together

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 24, 2018 11:01

OK, since in terms of views but not yet posts this thread is second only to Rockman's "Some Kinda Stones Connections" thread, let's do some album titles for the most talked about Stones album there ever was but is yet to be:

[clears throat]

England Lost... It's Newest Hitmakers

Rolling Stones No. Through

Out Of Our Ideas

NoMoreMath

Between The Sessions

Their Frantic Fans Constantly Request

Beggars Vanquished

Let Them Plead

So, let's handle the seventies alb-a-yooms in another post and take it decade by decade...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 24, 2018 11:57

stonehearted
.’’let's do some album titles for the most talked about Stones album there ever was but is yet to be:

Even thát, we did already here...
We REALLY need some new material, so we can bash it. Desperately!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 24, 2018 12:17

Talking about a response!

A response from whom?

Rolling Stones will never give a response before anything is absolutely final and confirmed. I don't think they even know themselves - just look at video interviews with Keith, Charlie, Ronnie and Mick (lots of guesses, assumptions, possibilities but no real thing) - "it is the work".

95% of the postings here are guesses, so if a person doesn't like unconfirmed posting, then they should not read here.

Our hope of new material in itself reflects "greatness" - because we still believe in our band and our band still can produce good music.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 24, 2018 15:36

"Beautiful 10 String! Thank you Vicente Carrillo."

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 24, 2018 15:40

Nice..Keef
Jeroen

Date: August 24, 2018 15:44

Good to see them working thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 24, 2018 16:35

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Just played...wonderful!
I can gladly miss all the speculative/ fantasy threads (plenty at the moment). But not gems like this.
Thanks Cristiano!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 24, 2018 16:58

DandelionPowderman
Good to see them working thumbs up

Way to kill the mood, Bard!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 24, 2018 17:27

‘Confession The Blues’ is your Christmas present to tie you over
‘New Album’ Spring 2019

Date: August 24, 2018 18:12

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

And the 5 String....

[www.instagram.com]

Great variety for the new album spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Happy Friday and happy weekend with lots of Stones music

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2018 19:14

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Nice...some simple acoustic blues...maybe Keith will turn it into an original for the new album.

Based on the recent clips we've seen of Mick and Keith - it's clear they're not on the same page.
Mick hacking away mindlessly on the electric guitar, while Keith showing some classy restraint on the acoustic.
How they will ever be able to meet in the middle is the mystery....

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 24, 2018 22:13

Vicente Carrillo is a luthiere from Casasimarro, Cuenca, Spain
Viva España!!!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 24, 2018 23:08

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Nice...some simple acoustic blues...maybe Keith will turn it into an original for the new album.

Based on the recent clips we've seen of Mick and Keith - it's clear they're not on the same page.
Mick hacking away mindlessly on the electric guitar, while Keith showing some classy restraint on the acoustic.

It was beautiful saw it on the RS app
Normally I try not to reply to other people’s opinions but sorry Hairball
5 seconds of Mick live (and I appreciate the RS giving us live clips!)
is NOT ‘mick hacking away mindlessly’
I find that plain harsh with no merit.
Have a good weekend

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 24, 2018 23:20

KeithNacho
Vicente Carrillo is a luthiere from Casasimarro, Cuenca, Spain
Viva España!!!!

Yep! Perhaps this is the 4th Carrillo guitar that Keith got from them?

[www.eldiario.es]

Date: August 25, 2018 03:40

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

My guy. Keith could of picked up that guitar for all of five minutes. They could be working on different material for the album all together. He could be writing on the acoustic in which it will ultimately get turned into something more electric. He could be adding a fill guitar to take up space. This could be an over dub session from a track started last year. They may not use the guitar in a song at all etc. etc.

Simply because Mick posted something playing an electric and Keith posted something playing an acoustic doesn't mean they are at opposite ends of the spectrum on that material lol

Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 25, 2018 04:20

IanBillen
Keith could of picked up that guitar for all of five minutes.

He could've. He also posted a photo with his Carrillo 5 string. And since there's half as many strings he might've only played it for 2 and a half minutes...

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-25 04:38 by bye bye johnny.

Date: August 25, 2018 04:25

IanBillen
Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

My guy. Keith could of picked up that guitar for all of five minutes. They could be working on different material for the album all together. He could be writing on the acoustic in which it will ultimately get turned into something more electric. He could be adding a fill guitar to take up space. This could be an over dub session from a track started last year. They may not use the guitar in a song at all etc. etc.

Simply because Mick posted something playing an electric and Keith posted something playing an acoustic doesn't mean they are at opposite ends of the spectrum on that material lol

Right, and that was just one interpretation based on those recent clips.

Another interpretation - they're each working separately on solo material as others have speculated.
And yet another interpretation - they're simply killing some time before the next tour by fiddling around with guitars keeping themselves "tour ready".

Or like you say, they could be working on different material for the new album all together - completely separate from each other- these individual clips were just for fun.
Or again like you say, he could be writing on acoustic and it will eventually end up as electric. Or it could be an overdub session, or he may not use the guitar at all, etc., etc., etc.

The fact is, we really don't know, do we?

A couple of things are certain in those clips though - Mick was bashing away on electric guitar haphazardly while yelling "oh yeah, oh yeah",
while Keith is seen playing a simple acoustic bluesy thing, Completely different from each other, and whatever it is they're doing, they're doing it separately.

Let the speculation continue.....13 years and counting...page 190 and counting...the thread that never dies...

Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018?
Date: August 25, 2018 04:55

Looks like Keith was in NYC again today. A celebrity autograph hound posted this:

Great seeing @officialkeef today!

[www.instagram.com]

Date: August 25, 2018 08:03

mtaylor
Talking about a response!

A response from whom?

Rolling Stones will never give a response before anything is absolutely final and confirmed. I don't think they even know themselves - just look at video interviews with Keith, Charlie, Ronnie and Mick (lots of guesses, assumptions, possibilities but no real thing) - "it is the work".

95% of the postings here are guesses, so if a person doesn't like unconfirmed posting, then they should not read here.

Our hope of new material in itself reflects "greatness" - because we still believe in our band and our band still can produce good music.

I wasn't expecting one of the Rolling Stones to respond to me here Lol ...

I was only joshing around with Mr. Hairball. Yes .. the members here are great folks (at Rockoff they are great folks as well .. I frequent both places).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-25 17:31 by IanBillen.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 25, 2018 18:10

190 pages about nothing. Seinfeld must be so proud.

Date: August 25, 2018 18:38

How was the Keith guitar clip nothing?confused smiley

Date: August 25, 2018 20:11

24FPS
This week, we have gotten pictures and music from Mick and Keith... winking smiley not too bad. Maybe they are looking behind the curtains..
smileys with beer

Date: August 25, 2018 20:33

mtaylor
24FPS
This week, we have gotten pictures and music from Mick and Keith... winking smiley not too bad. Maybe they are looking behind the curtains..
smileys with beer

bv could condense this thread into one page, and there would still be LOTS of filler. smiling smiley

Filler > speculative posts that are often times repeated throughout a lengthy thread > I plead guilty. winking smiley...but that clip of Keith makes it all worthwhile.

Getting close to page 200...there was speculation there would be some substantial news by then...or maybe it was page 250 lol.

Date: August 26, 2018 13:40

Hairball
mtaylor
24FPS
smileys with beer

bv could condense this thread into one page, and there would still be LOTS of filler. smiling smiley

Filler > speculative posts that are often times repeated throughout a lengthy thread > I plead guilty. winking smiley...but that clip of Keith makes it all worthwhile.

Getting close to page 200...there was speculation there would be some substantial news by then...or maybe it was page 250 lol.

It is like "reading" Daily Mail or Daily Mirror about Premier League football player transfer market... lots of guessing, but no reality.

Date: August 26, 2018 14:20

mtaylor
Hairball
mtaylor
24FPS
smileys with beer

It is like "reading" Daily Mail or Daily Mirror about Premier League football player transfer market... lots of guessing, but no reality.

That's why it's a thread on Tell Me and not in the news section or iorr, I guess...

Re: Jagger instagram today
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 26, 2018 20:22

35love
treaclefingers
My mother has those curtains...quite lovely. She's a year older than Mick so that makes sense.

Bet she doesn’t have the car or hot girlfriend tho ;-)

you know my mum then?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 26, 2018 21:01

DandelionPowderman
How was the Keith guitar clip nothing?confused smiley

Keith is a guitar player. I bet he plays all the time. What the pic has to do with any supposed new album? People want to think he is sending subliminal messages? Ok. Maybe hes just playing the guitar and he liked the pic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-26 21:03 by Rokyfan.

Date: August 26, 2018 21:10

It may or may not be for a new album, but Keith posted photos with two different guitars. In a studio.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...185186187188189190191192193194195...LastNext
Current Page: 190 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2122
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home