Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...180181182183184185186187188189190...LastNext
Current Page: 185 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 25, 2018 17:42

Irix
Lien

Confessin’ The Blues is a real musical education from those who know the genre best, the greatest living band on the planet, The Rolling Stones.[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

CONFESSIN’ THE BLUES BOOK PACK
US $80.00

Release Date 26 October 2018
Product code BMGCAT155EPXX
Label Polydor / BMG

THE ROLLING STONES PERSONALLY CURATE THEIR FAVORITE ALL-TIME BLUESMEN FOR NEW COMPILATION ALBUM

DONATION TO WILLIE DIXON’S BLUES HEAVEN FOUNDATION

COVER ARTWORK BY RONNIE WOOD

“If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.” – Keith Richards

As well as being the biggest band in the world, The Rolling Stones are also the biggest champions of the blues, so who better to curate a compilation of the music that inspired them throughout their career?

Confessin’ The Blues collects together the greatest bluesmen ever and provides a perfect education to the genre. The tracklisting has been chosen by The Rolling Stones and will be released on BMG on 26 October.

The Rolling Stones have long been supporters of the Blues from before the start of their career right through to their latest album, Blue & Lonesome which featured their interpretations of the classics, many of which appear in their original versions here on Confessin’ The Blues. Mick Jagger was an early fan of the Blues: “The first Muddy Waters album that was really popular was Muddy Waters at Newport, which was the first album I ever bought”. As such big supporters of the genre, the band and BMG/Universal have decided that 10% of BMG’s net receipts* from the sale of this album will be donated to Willie Dixon’s Blues Heaven Foundation (Registered as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organisation in the United States).

Confessin’ The Blues includes tracks by the biggest Blues pioneers including Howlin’ Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Elmore James, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Big Bill Broonzy and Robert Johnson. All of these artists had an impact on the nascent Rolling Stones, be they influencing Keith’s guitar licks or Mick’s vocals and lyrics. As Ronnie Wood says: “That’s how Mick and Keith first got close as well, on the train coming back from college. They noticed each other’s record collection and it was, “Hey, you’ve got Muddy Waters. You must be a good guy, let’s form a band”.

This 10’’ version includes liner notes by music journalist Colin Larkin and contains removeable art card prints by noted blues illustrator Christoph Mueller. The album cover artwork comes courtesy of Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood who has added his own personal twist to the project by painting his interpretation of a Bluesman.

Confessin’ The Blues is a real musical education from those who know the genre best, the greatest living band on the planet, The Rolling Stones.

Tracklist:

Side A

Muddy Waters - Rollin’ Stone
Howlin’ Wolf - Little Red Rooster
Elmore James w/ Sonny Boy Williamson II - Dust My Broom
Slim Harpo - I’m A King Bee
Chuck Berry - Little Queenie

Side B

John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillen
Little Walter - I Hate To See You Go
Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, Big City
Robert Johnson - Love In Vain Blues

Side C

Howlin’ Wolf - Just Like I Treat You
Bo Diddley - You Can’t Judge A Book By Its Cover
Eddie Taylor - Ride ’Em On Down
Lightnin’ Slim - Hoodoo Blues

Side D

Little Walter - Just Your Fool
Magic Sam - All Your Love
Otis Rush - I Can’t Quit You Baby
Big Maceo - Worried Life Blues
Elmore James & The Broom Dusters - Blues Before Sunrise

Side E

Jimmy Reed - Little Rain
Little Walter - Blue And Lonesome
Robert Johnson - Stop Breakin’ Down Blues
Mississippi Fred McDowell - You Gotta Move

Side F

Muddy Waters - I Just Want To Make Love To You
Bo Diddley - Mona
Boy Blue - Boogie Children
Eddie Taylor - Bad Boy

Side G

Chuck Berry – Carol
B.B. King - Rock Me Baby
Bo Diddley - Crawdad
Little Walter - I Got To Go
Muddy Waters - I Want To Be Loved

Side H

Howlin’ Wolf - Little Baby
Dale Hawkins - Susie Q
Amos Milburn - Down The Road Apiece
Billy Boy Arnold - Don’t Stay Out All Night
Little Johnny Taylor - Everybody Knows About My Good Thing (Part 1)

Side I

Big Bill Broonzy - Key To The Highway
Reverend Robert Wilkins - The Prodigal Son

Side J

Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
Howlin’ Wolf - Commit A Crime
Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I’ve Got The Blues
Jay McShann & Walter Brown - Confessin’ The Blues

10% of BMG’s Net Receipts* from the sale of this album with a minimum of £3.00 UK pounds sterling will be donated to Willie Dixon’s Blues Heaven Foundation (registered as a 501(c) (3) non-profit organisation in the United States).

*The charitable donation is calculated on Net Receipts being amounts equal to monies actually received by BMG from the sale of this album after deductions of credits for returns and VAT (or similar sales tax).

Copyright © The Rolling Stones. All rights reserved.

[Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

*screams RECORD COMPANY hitting the boomers with $$
To me, not a damn thing to do with the band.
PASS and *yawn

Date: July 25, 2018 18:10

$80. for their Spotify list.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 25, 2018 21:02

I'm not sure what's worse, the thought that Rembrandt painted Mona Lisa or that she looks like a wrinkled, shriveled-up Dave Kusworth.

Date: July 25, 2018 23:29

And I think I'm going mad

Life goes by so fast
Time whirls by so fast
You think I whine so
All the women come and go

Think I'm going mad
Think I'm going crazy

All the highs and lows don't mean a thing to me
Don't give a damn

This season that'll pass
Think will be my last
I know my mind's afloat
Sometimes I feel so young and sometimes I feel so old

Yeah you want to see, you want to see all the things
And I'm thinking, they say that your crazy
They say that your insane
I think.... and I think I'm going crazy

You ought to see my shaking hands
I think I've been drinking lots of cups of coffee
I think I've lost my head
I think I should be sacrificed
I think I should be put to rest
Save yourself
Think I'm going now

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 26, 2018 00:04

looks like the link for "Confessin' the Blues bbok pack" is not working anymore ?
google gives us iorr.org winking smiley
maybe it was a too early announcement ?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 26, 2018 01:38

35love
On the other hand, I See this

“The world population is currently growing by approximately 74 million people per year. Current United Nations predictions estimate that the world population will reach 9.0 billion around 2050, assuming a decrease in average fertility rate from 2.5 down to 2.0.”

Seems to be an audience for just about everything.

Britney Spears still preforms live shows getting paid.

See?

On the other, other hand...
I can not wrap my head around that there are 7 Billion people on Earth, AND HALF OF THEM have watched Psy's Gangham style video on Youtube. I thought my video that has 179,561 views was lot... but I doubt I will ever get 3,179,957,936 views, nor will any of my other videos... nor any of The Stones videos... three and half billion seems like a lot of views.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 26, 2018 03:26

djgab
looks like the link for "Confessin' the Blues bbok pack" is not working anymore ?
google gives us iorr.org winking smiley
maybe it was a too early announcement ?

Maybe they're going to send Ronnie back to the drawing board to come up with a better cover design - he can do better!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 26, 2018 03:37

... I dig the cover .... its like a combination/caricature of one of those Broonzy covers ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: July 26, 2018 04:03

Leonioid
Not posted on "The Stones be proud of" thread... but almost. It prolly belongs here instead.
-------------------------------------------

It is too bad about the number of (ex?)fans who are stuck in high school mentality and can not move forward with new Stones music, it is too bad so many have only whined, bitched and complained about every new song and album they have made since 1975. These squeaky wheels make more noise than anyone and it must be a bummer for the band.

It seems obvious these loud mouthed squeaky wheels have made the Stones less confident and less proud of the awesome new music they have created, no matter how good it was. AND A LOT OF IT WAS GOOD! The result is there is no rush to put out a new album... and I agree with them 100%. Why put out cannon fodder for the whiners to whine about, bitch about, complain about and compare as the naysayers take delight in posting their pre-dictable, pre-written, auto-pilot comments e.g. "not as good as"... blah blah blah.

If only there was a way to release the album ONLY to people NOT stuck in the past, only release it to people who are not on auto-pilot, to people who are not wired to bitch, complain and compare anything new they release to things in the past.

I have liked a lot of the new music they have created !!!! A LOT OF IT!!
DOOM AND GLOOM ROCKS!
I always find it hilarious to read comments from people who say "I don't listen to any studio stuff from after Tattoo You" or "I don't listen to any live stuff from after 1973"....I mean..is that ridiculous?!.....you listen to a band for ten or fifteen years and then hate almost everything else for the next 40 years?!..WTF? And constantly go to this message board to complain about how the studio output sucks since Exile and the last great live gig was 1972. If people really dislike the post-Undercover Stones that much and don't listen to them--how is it they can offer true objective reviews or criticisms?..unless they have been listening. And not just cursory spins of the latest LP or bootleg CD of current live shows..but really LISTENING. Methinks y'all have missed some good music.

Date: July 26, 2018 04:09

Yep !!!! .... ya got it right there man ....

Hoo Doo Blues ... is one of the dirtiest blues The Stones have ever cut ..

Then ya got Commit a Crime .. Little Rain ... I Cant Quit You Babeeeeeeee...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 26, 2018 04:41

A shame they don't play any post Tattoo You material live except for a couple of Keith tunes and a couple of blues covers.

I'd happily pay to see a latter day era non-warhorse show consisting of:

-Blue and Lonesome in it's entirety.
-She Was Hot
-Undercover
-Harlem Shuffle
-Almost Hear You Sigh
-Terrifying
- Love is Strong
- Saint of Me
- Rain Fall Down
- Biggest Mistake
- Laugh, I Nearly Died
- Under the Radar
- Encore of one warhorse - extended 20 minute version of Midnight Rambler

They wouldn't be able to sell out stadiums as most causal fans have probably never heard of most of those, and tickets would have to be less expensive (hooray!),
but would be something different and exciting for a change. As it stands, the Stones ignore most of the latter era as if it doesn't even exist for whatever reasons.

Meanwhile, looking forward to hopefully seeing them again once or twice, and expect nothing more than the ultimate warhorse set give or take a "rarity" ala Dancing With Mister D.

Date: July 26, 2018 09:57

diverseharmonics
I always find it hilarious to read comments from people who say "I don't listen to any studio stuff from after Tattoo You" or "I don't listen to any live stuff from after 1973"....I mean..is that ridiculous?!.....you listen to a band for ten or fifteen years and then hate almost everything else for the next 40 years?!..WTF? And constantly go to this message board to complain about how the studio output sucks since Exile and the last great live gig was 1972. If people really dislike the post-Undercover Stones that much and don't listen to them--how is it they can offer true objective reviews or criticisms?..unless they have been listening. And not just cursory spins of the latest LP or bootleg CD of current live shows..but really LISTENING. Methinks y'all have missed some good music.

You ARE correct SIR!smileys with beer

The Stones have a song for every day, every mood, every woman, every trip, every cloud, every feeling, every one, every 2, every every... to dismiss any of them is silly.

I (will admit that I, long ago) have dismissed Stones songs in the past... I never went on a message board and praddled (or even prattled) on and on and on and on about it... I never dissected the time place space nuts and bolts of it... I never created theories of the why and how it... I simply dismissed some songs I didnt like... and then.... over time.... somehow.... like an old penny (or Susan, Debbie Marcia or Brenda) those songs made their back around to me and for one dang reason or another I like them... I wound up liking them very much. The moral is... dont diss Stones songs. So long long ago I stopped doing that... It is silly, not to mention boring grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-26 09:58 by Leonioid.

Date: July 26, 2018 11:08

Yeah the power of it all when Mick's delivers this …...XFX

You've been my jewel,
I've been your fool...All along
What will you do?
What will you do
When I'm gone?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 26, 2018 22:00

Leonioid
I (will admit that I, long ago) have dismissed Stones songs in the past... I never went on a message board and praddled (or even prattled) on and on and on and on about it... I never dissected the time place space nuts and bolts of it... I never created theories of the why and how it... I simply dismissed some songs I didnt like... and then.... over time.... somehow.... like an old penny (or Susan, Debbie Marcia or Brenda) those songs made their back around to me and for one dang reason or another I like them... I wound up liking them very much. The moral is... dont diss Stones songs. So long long ago I stopped doing that... It is silly, not to mention boring grinning smiley

What about those of us who are in the middle? I adore VOODOO LOUNGE and BRIDGE TO BABYLON and about a handful of songs on A BIGGER BANG. Overall, I'm critical of A BIGGER BANG (mainly production, but thought some of the songs weren't as strong as they might have been). I do the same with Mick and Keith's more recent solo efforts. Part of my enjoyment as a fan isn't just loving new material, but mulling over why some of it doesn't move me. I don't think they embarrass themselves or should stop. While I care more about what they write and record, I do much the same with their live shows. I may nitpick, but there are always treasured moments each tour and, of course, if you're at the show with good seats, there are even more treasured moments because the live experience can't be truly replicated in recordings. Are opinions like mine boring or a distraction on the board or just the extreme negative ones? Personally, I enjoy the diverse opinions. For instance, a number of fans say A BIGGER BANG has five great songs, but I don't think I've found anyone who thought it was the same five as me. Additionally, some of my favorite longtime contributors at IORR are critical of albums I love (BETWEEN THE BUTTONS, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, UNDERCOVER, STEEL WHEELS, VOODOO LOUNGE, BRIDGES TO BABYLON). It interests me to read alternate opinions particularly when they are passionately expressed. Is that a downer for you? I'm genuinely curious. Thanks for not being offended by singling you out, Leonioid, though anyone is welcome to respond. For the record, whether it's you or Lem or Hairball or Ian - I love reading passionate opinions even when I don't agree - the same as I do with Skippy or GasLight or Mathijs or Bard or Terry or Gazza or 35love or Bliss and on and on. And yes, I miss Revvy.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 26, 2018 23:28

Hairball

-She Was Hot
-Undercover
-Harlem Shuffle
-Almost Hear You Sigh
-Terrifying
- Love is Strong
- Saint of Me
- Rain Fall Down
- Biggest Mistake
- Laugh, I Nearly Died
- Under the Radar

Great idea. It would be very exciting to see a show like that. Even if they just combined their current setlist with some of those songs it would still be an interesting show, maybe something like this:

Street Fighting Man
Tumbling Dice
She Was Hot
Terrifying
Hate to See You Go
Commit A Crime
Blue and Lonesome
Saint of Me
Under the Radar
Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introductions
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Slipping Away (Keith)
Midnight Rambler
Undercover of The Night
One Hit (To the Body)
You Got Me Rocking
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
Jumping Jack Flash

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 26, 2018 23:50

EVERY DREAM IS RESPECTABLE,
BUT I THINK THAT IS THE TIME FOR, GO TO SOME THEATRE/RESIDENCE TO PLAY THE FIRST THREE ALBUMS COMPLETELY + RECORDED AND RELEASE

i DON'T MIND IF THEY DO FOR AFTERMATH AND BUTTONS ....

Date: July 27, 2018 04:27

Rocky Dijon
Leonioid

What about those of us who are in the middle? I adore VOODOO LOUNGE and BRIDGE TO BABYLON and about a handful of songs on A BIGGER BANG. Overall, I'm critical of A BIGGER BANG (mainly production, but thought some of the songs weren't as strong as they might have been). I do the same with Mick and Keith's more recent solo efforts. Part of my enjoyment as a fan isn't just loving new material, but mulling over why some of it doesn't move me. I don't think they embarrass themselves or should stop. While I care more about what they write and record, I do much the same with their live shows. I may nitpick, but there are always treasured moments each tour and, of course, if you're at the show with good seats, there are even more treasured moments because the live experience can't be truly replicated in recordings. Are opinions like mine boring or a distraction on the board or just the extreme negative ones? Personally, I enjoy the diverse opinions. For instance, a number of fans say A BIGGER BANG has five great songs, but I don't think I've found anyone who thought it was the same five as me. Additionally, some of my favorite longtime contributors at IORR are critical of albums I love (BETWEEN THE BUTTONS, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, UNDERCOVER, STEEL WHEELS, VOODOO LOUNGE, BRIDGES TO BABYLON). It interests me to read alternate opinions particularly when they are passionately expressed. Is that a downer for you? I'm genuinely curious. Thanks for not being offended by singling you out, Leonioid, though anyone is welcome to respond. For the record, whether it's you or Lem or Hairball or Ian - I love reading passionate opinions even when I don't agree - the same as I do with Skippy or GasLight or Mathijs or Bard or Terry or Gazza or 35love or Bliss and on and on. And yes, I miss Revvy.

Rocky, over time I have found your posts to be some of the most fair and balanced here. smileys with beer

Date: July 27, 2018 05:42

Rocky, over time I have found your posts to be some of the most fair and balanced here

YEAH!!! ……….. same here Rocky ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 27, 2018 10:36

Irix
Elena

currently unavailable ... confused smiley

Release date was 26th October 2018 - maybe it'll be back by then. It's still to find in the Google Cache.

Available again [store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 27, 2018 12:30

Lien
Irix
Elena

Release date was 26th October 2018 - maybe it'll be back by then. It's still to find in the Google Cache.

70 Euros??? – all those songs are public domain!

Date: July 27, 2018 19:43

slewan
Lien
Irix
Elena

70 Euros??? – all those songs are public domain!

It would be nice to have as I like the looks of the retro looking vinyl, but would pay about half that price.

"10% of BMG’s Net Receipts* from the sale of this album with a minimum of £3.00 UK pounds sterling will be donated to Willie Dixon’s Blues Heaven Foundation"

Wondering what percentage will be donated to the Stones' bank accounts...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: July 29, 2018 00:32

Hairball
A shame they don't play any post Tattoo You material live except for a couple of Keith tunes and a couple of blues covers.

-She Was Hot
-Undercover
-Harlem Shuffle
-Almost Hear You Sigh
-Terrifying
- Love is Strong
- Saint of Me
- Rain Fall Down
- Biggest Mistake
- Laugh, I Nearly Died
- Under the Radar

They wouldn't be able to sell out stadiums as most causal fans have probably never heard of most of those, and tickets would have to be less expensive (hooray!),
but would be something different and exciting for a change. As it stands, the Stones ignore most of the latter era as if it doesn't even exist for whatever reasons.

Meanwhile, looking forward to hopefully seeing them again once or twice, and expect nothing more than the ultimate warhorse set give or take a "rarity" ala Dancing With Mister D.

If you find the wormhole through which one gets to the parallel universe where they play that sow, tip me off! thumbs up

They might add One Hit, Dirty Work and Gunface to the setlist later in the tour ...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 19, 2018 15:27

Back to it

[www.instagram.com]

Date: August 19, 2018 15:30

thumbs up

Date: August 19, 2018 15:34

Sunday afternoon jam

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 17:41 by bye bye johnny.

Date: August 19, 2018 15:35

bye bye johnny

Back to it

[www.instagram.com]

Three words that can add a spring in my step.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 19, 2018 16:32

Great album title:

"Back to it"

Date: August 19, 2018 21:39

Hope springs eternal...

Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018?
Date: August 20, 2018 00:13

LARGE version of the "Back to it" photo.

Second Instagram post's been updated to include a videographer credit...

[www.instagram.com]

Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018?
Date: August 20, 2018 00:23

bye bye johnny
LARGE version of the "Back to it" photo.

Second Instagram post's been updated to include a videographer credit...

[www.instagram.com]

He IS living the ‘charmed life’

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...180181182183184185186187188189190...LastNext
Current Page: 185 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home