Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...187188189190191192193194195196197...LastNext
Current Page: 192 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 29, 2018 13:52

IanBillen
(The Stones have recorded there before)

"There" - Germano Studios - opened in 2008. When did the band record there?

Date: August 29, 2018 14:33

bye bye johnny
IanBillen

I think he means Mick and Keith who met up and recorded there (according to Keith) a while ago. Not confirmed by Mick, though.

They could have listened to eachother's tapes for what we know...

Date: August 29, 2018 16:43

From band manager Joyce Smyth's interview with Dave Roberts of Music Business Worldwide:

Will there be a follow-up album, in the same (Blue & Lonesome) vein?

They are certainly hoping to create some new music, maybe looking at some other genres. They’re creative people. They’re in a little bit of a holiday period at the minute, but they hope to be back in the studio soon, watch this space.

[www.musicbusinessworldwide.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 29, 2018 17:44

bye bye johnny
From band manager Joyce Smyth's interview with Dave Roberts of Music Business Worldwide:

They are certainly hoping to create some new music, maybe looking at some other genres. They’re creative people. They’re in a little bit of a holiday period at the minute, but they hope to be back in the studio soon, watch this space.

Many thanks BBJ!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-29 17:46 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: August 29, 2018 18:45

bye bye johnny
IanBillen

Probably recorded at one of The Hit Factories (as so many have).. same owners. Point is these are big name studios ... Not 'hang out' places. People book themselves there or get booked for a reason. The reasons are not to lounge on a couch or listen to music.

As well .. as per Mick & Keith just going to hang to listen to music. Mick does not need to go to a studio to listen to Keiths tapes. Waves and MP3 files are used for the last 10 years. Before that it was CD-ROMS. People go to these high end studios to record or mix music .. or work on parts.

Ian

Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Date: August 29, 2018 18:58

I so do hope that the Stones record this freakin album; as to validate almost 200 pages of this thread. And that IanBillen gets a credit on the album sleeve.

Date: August 29, 2018 19:03

thumbs up

Date: August 29, 2018 19:04

Palace Revolution 2000
I so do hope that the Stones record this freakin album; as to validate almost 200 pages of this thread. And that IanBillen gets a credit on the album sleeve.

Ha! grinning smiley I hope so too .. I mean ... there has been quite a bit of talk about recording / a new album in the making .. and we still know nothing about it and
have no idea how far along it is??

Date: August 29, 2018 19:11

IanBillen

Point is these are big name studios ... Not 'hang out' places.

That point's been made repeatedly. Seems doubtful that anyone remotely familiar with the business would think they were.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 29, 2018 19:17

IanBillen
Palace Revolution 2000

Ha! grinning smiley I hope so too .. I mean ... there has been quite a bit of talk about recording / a new album in the making .. and we still know nothing about it and

Yes Ian - you deserve credit for staying positive through thick and thin! And when there's nothing substantial, you invent something to help keep the thread alive! winking smiley

bye bye johnny

Thanks bye bye johnny - along with mention of a new album, lots of other interesting info. throughout that interview.

"They’re in a little bit of a holiday period at the minute,
but they hope to be back in the studio soon, watch this space".

Goes without saying that all eyes and ears are focused on "this space". thumbs up smiling smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: August 29, 2018 19:57

No sorry Keith doesn't get intimidated by Autograph hunters, been there done that a thousand times, but he would if he wasn't 100 percent.

Date: August 29, 2018 21:28

bye bye johnny
IanBillen

Point is these are big name studios ... Not 'hang out' places.

That point's been made repeatedly. Seems doubtful that anyone remotely familiar with the business would think they were.

Yezz ... Someone here mentioned that he (Keith) may of simply liked the guitar and may of just picked it up to tinker with it and he got a picture taken and so he decided to let them publish it. My gathering was that this person may of thought Keith may of been there just hanging out and picked up the guitar to tinker. My point was what would he be doing in the studio in the first place.. not simply hanging out. Others suggested he went there possibly just to listen to Micks tapes at one point? Again .. artists (these days) don't go to a recording studio to listen to demos (there is no need for that...they dont book people to listen to demos.. they book em to work on or create demos or music. We live in a digital world .. with loads of communication mediums. They don't got to hang out. Artists go there to get work done of some type was my point to a few folks here.

We don't know what type of work or with / for who ..but it is 'work related' I can almost assure folks. This is what I was trying to get across.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-29 21:32 by IanBillen.

Date: August 30, 2018 03:49

Hairball
IanBillen
Palace Revolution 2000

Yes Ian - you deserve credit for staying positive through thick and thin! And when there's nothing substantial, you invent something to help keep the thread alive! winking smiley

bye bye johnny

Thanks bye bye johnny - along with mention of a new album, lots of other interesting info. throughout that interview.

"They’re in a little bit of a holiday period at the minute,
but they hope to be back in the studio soon, watch this space".

Goes without saying that all eyes and ears are focused on "this space". thumbs up smiling smiley

There is definitely an album in progress that is supposed to be finished for release next year. It is the official plan.... They definitely worked on it / recorded as a group at least three or four times and Mick and Keith got together to write and work on the material a couple times together that we know of. All this is confirmed.

Mick said roughly a year ago the album was 'half done' when pressed about it. So it is def on official plans and soon there is studio time booked for it again (next couple months).

That is what we know almost for certain .. so next year it is. I had such a hard time swallowing the concept of 2019 .. I've finally accepted and have come to terms with it it as you predicted.

Date: August 30, 2018 05:52

Not sure my reply to bye bye johnny warranted such a detailed response Ian, especially as everything you wrote has been repeated ad nauseam, but interesting to read your perspective of it all again as always. thumbs up
BUT...if we look at manager Joyce Smyth's words very closely, there's some mystery an uncertainty in her words

"They are certainly hoping to create some new music, maybe looking at some other genres. They are creative people".

Note the word "hope"...she didn't say they are definitley creating new music, but that they are hoping to.

"They’re in a little bit of a holiday period at the minute, but they hope to be back in the studio soon"

Don't know exactly when this interview took place, but obviously after the No Filter Tour ended. The question is, how long will they be in their "Holiday period"?
Do the recent separate clips Mick and Keith posted signal the holiday is over? Or are they combining work with play? Maybe dabbling a bit in studios separately, while still lounging around in holiday mode?
And what about family time? I know that phrase irks you, but seems they owe some time to their families while not on tour and/or messing around in studios.

Clearly there's more question than answers at this point (as there has been since this all started several years ago), but eventually all speculation will set aside when a new album is completed - be it 2019, 2020, or 2021. Would be nice to hear from Mick and/or Keith talk about working on a new album again even though it's probably the same old generic answers -"working on it"..."still alot of work to do"..."maybe ready next year",etc.
Meanwhile, there's a couple of videos and instagram clips to ponder, dissect, and ramble on about...13 years and counting, and nearing page 200 very soon!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 30, 2018 06:05

On page 140, I suggested:
“Perhaps bv or the thread originator can change the name to another Stones studio album in 2023.”
I’m afraid that may still be as good a guess as any.

Date: August 30, 2018 07:14

Hairball
Not sure my reply to bye bye johnny warranted such a detailed response Ian, especially as everything you wrote has been repeated ad nauseam, but interesting to read your perspective of it all again as always. thumbs up
BUT...if we look at manager Joyce Smyth's words very closely, there's some mystery an uncertainty in her words

"They are certainly hoping to create some new music, maybe looking at some other genres. They are creative people".

Note the word "hope"...she didn't say they are definitley creating new music, but that they are hoping to.

"They’re in a little bit of a holiday period at the minute, but they hope to be back in the studio soon"

Don't know exactly when this interview took place, but obviously after the No Filter Tour ended. The question is, how long will they be in their "Holiday period"?
Do the recent separate clips Mick and Keith posted signal the holiday is over? Or are they combining work with play? Maybe dabbling a bit in studios separately, while still lounging around in holiday mode?
And what about family time? I know that phrase irks you, but seems they owe some time to their families while not on tour and/or messing around in studios.

Clearly there's more question than answers at this point (as there has been since this all started several years ago), but eventually all speculation will set aside when a new album is completed - be it 2019, 2020, or 2021. Would be nice to hear from Mick and/or Keith talk about working on a new album again even though it's probably the same old generic answers -"working on it"..."still alot of work to do"..."maybe ready next year",etc.
Meanwhile, there's a couple of videos and instagram clips to ponder, dissect, and ramble on about...13 years and counting, and nearing page 200 very soon!

Roger .. Seems to me 'hoping' meaning simply hoping to complete the album and put it out as planned is I I got out of it ..'New genres' means no blues album this time as was specifically asked in that particular question.

IMO the answer was a bit Vague.. sure.. as always is surrounding them ...but I don't detect much uncertainty as to whether they plan on getting to it.

It CANT be seen as plausible to them to carry this on until 2020 or 2021 .. I mean whats the point?

I think the scenario is this ..nothing more..nothing less:

I think we (know) they def started the album and are in the middle of the thing one way or another. I (we) know they have had 'at least' three good long sets sessions recording it. I (we) know Keith and Mick wrote together a few times for it and I think the plan is to finish the album and release it next year ..with the probability of some American shows next year as well.

That is what I think their plan is and nothing more nothing less. Soldatti claims they have recording time booked in Oct/ Nov to continue work on the album.

That's where its at and I think that sums it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-30 07:16 by IanBillen.

Date: August 30, 2018 07:32

bam
“Perhaps bv or the thread originator can change the name to another Stones studio album in 2023.”

One year at the time. We don't cut corners...

Date: August 30, 2018 08:07

Ian Billen
It CANT be seen as plausible to them to carry this on until 2020 or 2021 .. I mean whats the point?

A possible new candidate for an album title...What's the Point?

Cheers Ian - someday we will all celebrate a new Stones album...hopefully! smiling smiley

Date: August 30, 2018 08:27

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 21, 2017 05:04

The band will try to get an album's worth of good songs to release, at least 15 songs are ready (except mixes) but not all the songs are that great according to some people, some GREAT songs in there but some UNEVEN stuff too, they're not so convinced so far.
13 years is a lot of time, the pressure must be very high to release something worth the wait, they don't want to release another Bigger Bang, 16-18 generic songs, they want something good this time"

That's the point!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-30 08:28 by KRiffhard.

Date: August 30, 2018 09:34

Hairball
Ian Billen

A possible new candidate for an album title...What's the Point?

Cheers Ian - someday we will all celebrate a new Stones album...hopefully! smiling smiley

Ha!! I know!!

I mean we have not heard ANY official word on when from any of their camp. However Chuck Levelle said if someone put a gun to his head and MADE him give his best guess he would say Spring by 2019 it could be ready. Otherwise not a soul has said .."Well the album is this far along and we hope to have it all complete by>> Insert Season ... Insert Year"... << We have had nothing remotely close to something like that...

The most we've got is ... 'when it's ready' (<<Keith).. Lol .. Yikes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-30 09:35 by IanBillen.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 30, 2018 16:47

bam

This thread started in 2016. I have made the thread title generic, so that it will still work next year, and the year after.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 30, 2018 16:54

bv
bam

This thread started in 2016. I have made the thread title generic, so that it will still work next year, and the year after.

Really hope there isn't some sort of hint, a hidden message in there... >grinning smiley<

Billen, where are you when we need you the most!!... smoking smiley

All joking aside: well done, bv - the sensible thing to do.

Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 30, 2018 17:05

Thanks, bv. Sadly, I feel like I accomplished something now, after being a Stones fan all these years.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 30, 2018 17:13

RoughJusticeOnYa
bv
bam

Really hope there isn't some sort of hint, a hidden message in there... >grinning smiley<

I'm reading it as an album next year, and another one scheduled for the year after... cool smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 30, 2018 17:40

MisterDDDD
RoughJusticeOnYa
bv
bam

I'm reading it as an album next year, and another one scheduled for the year after... cool smiley

Swell... smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 30, 2018 17:45

bv
bam

Good One BV.i hope there will be a new album by 2022..and another European Tour.
Jeroen

Date: August 30, 2018 18:16

RoughJusticeOnYa
bv
bam

I know right. In a sense I hope none of The Stones ever truly do come to read this thread Lol He would probably be like .. "Well they are not even expecting it until 2021-23 anyway ..... we don't have to deliver it until 2025 ... Nice to keep em in suspense... Now, time for another tour and exhibit.."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-30 18:18 by IanBillen.

Date: August 30, 2018 18:19

MisterDDDD
RoughJusticeOnYa
bv
bam

...the glass half full!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 30, 2018 20:29

There is nothing between the lines of what I am saying. All I am saying is the album will be here eventually.

Bjornulf

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 30, 2018 21:02

bv
There is nothing between the lines of what I am saying. All I am saying is the album will be here eventually.

Yup..date of release May 29 2022..anyway
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-30 21:02 by corriecas.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...187188189190191192193194195196197...LastNext
Current Page: 192 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home