Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...154155156157158159160161162163164...LastNext
Current Page: 159 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 7, 2018 20:57

maybe I missed something or I'm confusing things now, but could it be that these Mick-and-Charlie sessions were first hinted at even in 2010?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 8, 2018 01:33

I don't think so. If I'm remembering right, Mick said he did his overdubs at his home studio with only Matt present for EXILE. Mick was critical of his vocals. He felt he would have done better if he hadn't been working with just a backing track. He flew Charlie out to the South of France to play along with the backing tracks for SOME GIRLS so he could bounce off a live drummer while cutting the new vocals. Since Charlie stayed for a more than just a couple days, they ran through some of Mick's new material together. That's my recollection / interpretation anyway.

Date: April 8, 2018 02:51

@Rocky,
you may well be right, I was just wondering. With all this bits of nothing for so many years one easily gets confused ...

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 8, 2018 03:16

doitywoik
IanBillen
... and very involving Museum exhibits?

Ian, that adds a whole new dimension to snap of Mick posted a bit earlier: that is Mick taking to the museum the laptop with the broken hard disk that would have contained the new album ... eye popping smiley

That is not a laptop .. it is a 'purse' .. .. ...

Date: April 8, 2018 03:39

IanBillen
doitywoik
IanBillen

Ian, that adds a whole new dimension to snap of Mick posted a bit earlier: that is Mick taking to the museum the laptop with the broken hard disk that would have contained the new album ... eye popping smiley

Sure there is no laptop inside?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 8, 2018 04:11

Looks like a neoprene laptop case to me with possiby a laptop in it, but it could be a purse he's carrying for his girlfriend?
With the death grip he has on it, one has to wonder what it contains - defnitely something of value and importance.
Aside from that though, what I find intriguing is his hair. I realize it's windy in the pic, but his head of hair seems to take on a life of it's own!
There's quite a variety of colors in it as well...reminds me of the coloring of a wild badger.

Date: April 8, 2018 04:34

Hairball
Looks like a neoprene laptop case to me with possiby a laptop in it, but it could be a purse he's carrying for his girlfriend?
With the death grip he has on it, one has to wonder what it contains - defnitely something of value and importance.

See below winking smiley

"These are MY 40 demos! MINE! Not yours, MINE! You want them? Only from my cold, dead hands!"
("No? You want the three dynamite riffs? That's the other guy, mate!")

What made me think of a laptop is not just shortfatfanny’s original comment but also that the ‘thing’ (purse or else) appears to contain something solid the size of which would go well with a laptop. Doesn’t look like lipsticks and mascara.

But a great photo anyway!

Date: April 8, 2018 04:42

smiling smiley

He does have a very tight grip on it...maybe the inspiration for Getta Grip?

Date: April 8, 2018 04:46

Next guy to do an interview with him should ask him! (He definitely got a grip...)

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 8, 2018 04:46

[www.walmart.com]

Looks like one to me much as the purse is amusing.

Date: April 8, 2018 04:51

New headline: "Mick Jagger buys laptop sleeve at Malwart" grinning smiley Wonder if one could sell that to the tabloids ...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 8, 2018 06:47

The lap top pic is old. It was taken in like 2011 or 2012 and published in some British paper

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2018 07:18

Yeah that's an old shot of Micko ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 8, 2018 09:01

IanBillen
doitywoik
IanBillen

"It's european"...

Date: April 8, 2018 14:58

Bashlets
The lap top pic is old. It was taken in like 2011 or 2012 and published in some British paper

You're a spoilsport!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-08 14:59 by doitywoik.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 8, 2018 19:06

Keith Richards:
New AskKeith video live now!
You asked, Keith answered...
"What is the secret to your partnership with Mick Jagger?"
[youtu.be]

"just last week, we did about ten or twelve things that didn't exist until that moment"
[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-08 19:08 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 8, 2018 19:13

MisterDDDD
Keith Richards:
[youtu.be]

"just last week, we did about ten or twelve things that didn't exist until that moment"
[twitter.com]

I think they are working on it more than it seems. As well I think they are writing 'together' more than it seems. Notice here he said they wrote 10-12 things last week that never existed until they got together.

Ian

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 8, 2018 19:14

MisterDDDD
Keith Richards:
[youtu.be]

[twitter.com]

Wow this is encouraging, thanks for the links MisterDDD

Date: April 8, 2018 19:36

IanBillen
Notice here he said they wrote 10-12 things last week that never existed until they got together.

Ian

He didn't use the word "wrote"...he said "I don't know we did about 10-12 different things that didn't exist"".

Encouraging yes, but "different things" can have many different meanings. From as little as a change in a lyric, a chord change, a backup vocal harmony, a minor overdub, coming up with a title, etc. - to bigger things such as actual chord progressions, a major overdub ala guitar solo, completed lyrics, or actual songs, etc. (notice he didn't say 12 different songs that didn't exist). Still, encouraging news but wondering when this was taped?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-08 19:40 by Hairball.

Date: April 8, 2018 19:53

Hairball
IanBillen
Notice here he said they wrote 10-12 things last week that never existed until they got together.

Ian

He didn't use the word "wrote"...he said "I don't know we did about 10-12 different things that didn't exist"".

Encouraging yes, but "different things" can have many different meanings. From as little as a change in a lyric, a chord change, a backup vocal harmony, a minor overdub, coming up with a title, etc. - to bigger things such as actual chord progressions, a major overdub ala guitar solo, completed lyrics, or actual songs, etc. (notice he didn't say 12 different songs that didn't exist). Still, encouraging news but wondering when this was taped?

Said we did about 10-12 things that didn't exist until that moment. Said they had a great 'week'.

Not saying they were full songs .. but a few could have been. The others may of been chord changes to other things etc.

Point is they were together working on material .. I am trying to figure out when it was taped also. Hopefully not a month ago which could refer to he and Micks meeting in late February March.

They do an awful lot of mentioning working on things .. Notice at times they have nothing to work on and they create from scratch. IT is a myth / BS that is going around in saying on this album they are all working on Micks demos (Keith very candidly remarked that he was not interested in that sort of writing process this time around anyway).

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 8, 2018 20:00

Hairball
Still, encouraging news but wondering when this was taped?

Presumably the "last week" Keith referred to was end of February when he told interviewers he and Mick would be getting together. That would mean this latest "Ask Keith" was taped in early March.

Date: April 8, 2018 20:04

Keith is so generous with his praise for Mick, he is always saying things like when Mick and i get together we can write like nobody's business, and saying he's got the best front man in the world etc.

Pity Mick can never give that sort of praise to Keith.

Date: April 8, 2018 20:08

Curious as well as to when it was taped, regardless it was published today and prior to posting was hyped a bit on social media.. "New Ask Keith tomorrow" etc.

Sending a lot of "we're working on new stuff" messages lately it seems, by all.

Just prior to the "ten or twelve things that didn't exist ".. statement, I like how he says "had a great week, last week". Seemed a genuine in the moment memory..

Nice to hear they've collaborated together recently.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 8, 2018 20:08

I know I'm being a dreamer and not being a realist at all, but god do I wish they could come up with 20 great songs and record them now. Album with 10 great songs this year, and the last ten n just four years on their 60th year and call it a day. Hell, why not put out a country album of covers in between the two new projects.

Date: April 8, 2018 20:27

Bashlets
I know I'm being a dreamer and not being a realist at all, but god do I wish they could come up with 20 great songs and record them now. Album with 10 great songs this year, and the last ten n just four years on their 60th year and call it a day. Hell, why not put out a country album of covers in between the two new projects.

You never know with Mick and Keith, Blue And Lonesome came out of nowhere, they could still just get in the mood to write together and we could still get a prolific spell from Mick.

We all live in hope smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-08 20:28 by keithsman.

Date: April 8, 2018 20:44

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

Ian

Said we did about 10-12 things that didn't exist until that moment. Said they had a great 'week'.

Not saying they were full songs .. but a few could have been. The others may of been chord changes to other things etc.

Point is they were together working on material .. I am trying to figure out when it was taped also. Hopefully not a month ago which could refer to he and Micks meeting in late February March.

They do an awful lot of mentioning working on things .. Notice at times they have nothing to work on and they create from scratch. IT is a myth / BS that is going around in saying on this album they are all working on Micks demos (Keith very candidly remarked that he was not interested in that sort of writing process this time around anyway).

Doing 10-12 things that "didn't exist" could also mean as little as changing the strings on two guitars! winking smiley

Keith not being interested in working on Mick's 40 demos might be part of the problem with getting things completed - hence the looong delays. You have to at least consider that Mick might be adamant that at least some of those demos he raved about are to be used as I'm sure he's proud of his work, just as Keith might be adamant that his three "dynamite riffs" he boasted about be used somehow. Somewhere in between they have to cooperate in order to collaborate - give a little to get a little.

The encouraging part is Keith has put out this video at all. If it was all doom and gloom regarding a supposed new album, doubt he would be praising their creative relationship at this point in time. Not only is it encouraging to us fans, but it might be intended to send a message out to Mick to let the ball continue to roll towards completion as things are somewhat positive - at least as far as Keith is concerned. On the other hand, it could be some type of hype for the new tour - he's trying to makes it sound as if they've producing new material on a weekly basis and are still a relevant working band when in reality they haven't released an original tune in almost six years, and a whole album of originals in 13 going on 14 years and counting. Whatever the case great to see Keith healthy looking and in good spirits.

Now it would be nice to hear from Mick on his take on the creative relationship and what (if anything) has been accomplished so far - there's two sides to every story especially when we're talking about Keith and Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-08 20:48 by Hairball.

Date: April 8, 2018 22:00

Quick show of hands for everyone who didn't comprehend that "we did about ten or twelve things that didn't exist until that moment" didn't mean complete new songs.

Just the "Zero" then?
Thanks.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 8, 2018 22:05

MisterDDDD
Quick show of hands for everyone who didn't comprehend that "we did about ten or twelve things that didn't exist until that moment" didn't mean complete new songs.

Just the "Zero" then?
Thanks.

I think everyone is being over analytical.
Keith and to a lesser extent Mick (seem to) love playing games with the media....who lap it up as though it was sermons from the mount.
I guess it must relieve their boredom?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-08 22:07 by jlowe.

Date: April 8, 2018 23:23

IanBillen
MisterDDDD
Keith Richards:
[youtu.be]

[twitter.com]

I think they are working on it more than it seems. (.... )

Ian

At least, they make sure we don't forget about it.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 9, 2018 00:05

MisterDDDD

Just the "Zero" then?
Thanks.

lol never you mind. it's a perfect Keithfucious philosophical engagement;
a spray of Nietzsche's existentialism.
After all, many credible obervers claim that existentialism was as much a literary phenomenon as a philosophical one.
Let's please remember we're talking about writers here, ok?

Now he's teasing a little; the wry devil, has he no sympathy? Not for Ian, that's for sure; so let's dig deeper...

or not...
but that "things" thing intrigues me, possibly as intended; again it's pretty much don't fruck w the Master.
i'm trying to wrap my head around this without making a crisis call to anyone on a Sunday....
....a dozen 'things' did not 'exist' entialism, cough exucse me....
a dozen things that did not exist....or that had not existed, (at least implied here),
in some metaphorical or literal form; or bizarre hallucintion...
...did not exist until a 'moment' that has passed, had passed.
ok.
what's wrong with that?

yeh; probably nuthin' much got done
smiling smileydrinking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-09 04:29 by hopkins.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...154155156157158159160161162163164...LastNext
Current Page: 159 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home