Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...153154155156157158159160161162163...LastNext
Current Page: 158 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 6, 2018 23:40

"Wait a min ....Why (or how) is asking for an album too much work for them at this stage...??"
See the 156 pages above.

"They tour every year don't they? Recording an album can be done much more at the pace and in locations they choose. Also it less exerting than a live gig."
Really? A show is 2.5 hours. An new CD takes 5 - 10 years.

"All kinds of other artists record albums at their age? See Leonard Cohen .. David Bowie ...Paul McCartney or Bob Dylan .. They did / still do it .. .. ....So do other lesser known acts."
Solo artists can produce a new CD without having to deal with another co-writer. A dictatorship seems to get shit done faster.

"This is like that excuse that they don't or wouldn't get enough family time if they chose to record or work on a new album. Look ... they got a 5 or 6 week tour coming up that will also require a couple weeks worth of rehearsal .... Why isn't that too much work for them?"
Again, they put on the same show they've been doing for umpteen years for 2.5 hours and make $10,000,000. It's not that difficult to see the difference.

"If they would feel the same as some of us in that it would be too much "work" .. Perhaps they shouldn't sign record contracts that amount to a couple million bucks per album now should they? .. .. ...."
I agree completely, though I'm not sure about the details of such a contract.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 6, 2018 23:41

The Stones are not solo artists, I think that's the BIG difference. Keith still digs what he does and Mick (hopefully) digs what he does, but not so much together.....

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 6, 2018 23:43

IanBillen
... and very involving Museum exhibits?

Ian, that adds a whole new dimension to snap of Mick posted a bit earlier: that is Mick taking to the museum the laptop with the broken hard disk that would have contained the new album ... eye popping smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 7, 2018 00:26

keithsman
Maindefender
Larry David would be proud...drinking smiley

ouroux58 157 pages about nothing!confused smiley

40 demos and three killer Riffs !! nothing ? winking smiley

I talk about the new album, 40 demos is just some lines in some threads. They have always said that about a new album "we wrote 40 songs".

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 7, 2018 00:38

ouroux58
keithsman
Maindefender

I talk about the new album, 40 demos is just some lines in some threads. They have always said that about a new album "we wrote 40 songs".

Just kidding around, a few years ago Mick came to the studio to start recording the new album saying he had 40 demos, and Keith retorted with well i got three killer riffs smoking smiley

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: April 7, 2018 00:40

Will the new album be released before this thread reaches 200 pages?

hmmmspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 7, 2018 00:57

i don't think so ....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 7, 2018 01:20

158 and Counting...

I'm all for the idea of releasing random singles as it seems putting together an entire album is an impossibility at this point.

It's been almost six whole years since One More Shot and Doom and Gloom were released...GRRRR...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 7, 2018 01:32

Bungo
"Wait a min ....Why (or how) is asking for an album too much work for them at this stage...??"
See the 156 pages above.

"They tour every year don't they? Recording an album can be done much more at the pace and in locations they choose. Also it less exerting than a live gig."
Really? A show is 2.5 hours. An new CD takes 5 - 10 years.

What records or CD's are you talking about? Records do not take 5-10 years to make? they <can> but that is hardly the norm. If anything that's the exception (to put it kindly). Chinese Democracy by G&R .. is not the measuring stick to go by. They have never made an album that took them five years. I've made hundreds. Been on tour with bands .. and been in many recording studios behind the glass. You can do a part ..sit down for a while...eat lunch. Come back the next day .. you name it. Being on stage for 2 1/2 hours plus warming up is far more physically taxing. Driving to the studio 15 minutes away for a few hours or an afternoon or evening to work on material or record some stuff is hardly the same as flying to another state to perform live in front of 50 or 60,000 people.

"All kinds of other artists record albums at their age? See Leonard Cohen .. David Bowie ...Paul McCartney or Bob Dylan .. They did / still do it .. .. ....So do other lesser known acts."
Solo artists can produce a new CD without having to deal with another co-writer. A dictatorship seems to get shit done faster. Understood where you are coming from there. Now I see your point on that

"This is like that excuse that they don't or wouldn't get enough family time if they chose to record or work on a new album. Look ... they got a 5 or 6 week tour coming up that will also require a couple weeks worth of rehearsal .... Why isn't that too much work for them?"
Again, they put on the same show they've been doing for umpteen years for 2.5 hours and make $10,000,000. It's not that difficult to see the difference.

It's a task to do for even an hour. Its tuff. Ask a musician. A two hour show is a long time. Doing that in your seventies ...at their level is basically unheard of ... Charlie has to play drums for two and a half hours with not much of a break. In the studio you may do three or four takes and sit around for two hours. You can go to the bathroom .. break for lunch. Take the rest of the night off. Wait on others to do their part. Bullshit.. it's totally different and nowhere near the same level or as physical demanding. My point is this .. if they can tour and go through all that.. they certainly have the stamina to do a record. The 'want' from them was not there was the problem... nothing else.

"If they would feel the same as some of us in that it would be too much "work" .. Perhaps they shouldn't sign record contracts that amount to a couple million bucks per album now should they? .. .. ...."
I agree completely, though I'm not sure about the details of such a contract.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 01:42 by IanBillen.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 7, 2018 01:36

Why cannot the Stones follow U2's example.
Two members write the lyrics (mainly) Bono and The Edge. Its then a more collective effort in the studio with ALL four group members being credited with the music.
It works (whether you like it or not) in the sense they have been more prolific (though slowed down a bit of late) than most of their peers...and delivered very strong record sales.
The Stones seem to be stuck in a way of working (or maybe not working) that creatively appears to be a cul de sac.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 7, 2018 02:07

I really shouldn't bother but look at reality.

Last full-length studio album of original material released in 2005 when Mick is 62 years old.

Coming off the road in 2007, Mick releases a new solo single produced by Ashley Beadle.

Mick and Dave Stewart form SuperHeavy and record sporadic sessions together in 2008 and 2009.

In 2009, Mick and Keith review what Don Was recommends be released from the archival tapes Mick had digitized in 2000 and 2001. They also discuss what material could be finished with the addition of lyrics, vocals, and guitar overdubs. Session work is completed piecemeal in 2009 and 2010.

Further piecemeal sessions take place in 2010 for Ben Waters tribute album for Ian Stewart.

Mick and Dave Stewart finish up SuperHeavy in 2011. Mick, Keith, and Ronnie add lyrics, vocals, and guitar overdubs to further unfinished songs, once again working piecemeal-fashion. Mick has recorded a number of bluesy demos with Charlie. He notes he is also working on pop songs as well but has no plans to record an album, he simply enjoys the writing process.

Mick and Keith each contribute one new song to band sessions in 2012 before returning to the road after a five year absence.

Late in 2015 they record BLUE AND LONESOME in the midst of working on new material.

Overdubs complete BLUE AND LONESOME in 2016, but most of their studio time is spent on new material working together and apart. Don Was is present at most, but not all sessions, with Keith working with Steve Jordan in his absence and Mick working with Matt Clifford. Mick and Matt do a session with Carl Falk. BLUE AND LONESOME is released in late 2016 when Mick is 73 years old.

Prior to returning to the road in 2017, Mick releases two new solo tracks that Keith told him were not Stones songs. Ronnie and Charlie play on the two tracks written and produced by Mick and Matt. Mick and Matt also collaborate with Brad Paisley on a track for Brad's next album.

Mick and Keith continue to work in the studio on the new album in 2018. Mick and Matt also hold another session with Carl Falk. It does not appear Don Was has been involved in the most recent sessions. Ronnie may or may not be adding material to the new album in individual studio sessions of his own.

The band is playing everything close to the vest for reasons of their own. Mick has stated he has material for the Stones and material for a solo album though there has been no indication a solo album is forthcoming any time soon.

On 10RR, fans continue to obsess over throwaway remarks, demand very wealthy old men in their seventies work harder, pretend Mick has writer's block, and speculate on what goes on behind closed doors between Mick, Keith, Matt, Don, Carl, and Universal.

The author of this post is likewise guilty as charged.

Meantime, the still creative artists in their twilight years will embark on another tour for the seventh consecutive year and continue to work on new material as they have done regularly, together and apart, throughout the past 55 years.

Date: April 7, 2018 02:13

jlowe
Why cannot the Stones follow U2's example.
Two members write the lyrics (mainly) Bono and The Edge. Its then a more collective effort in the studio with ALL four group members being credited with the music.
It works (whether you like it or not) in the sense they have been more prolific (though slowed down a bit of late) than most of their peers...and delivered very strong record sales.
The Stones seem to be stuck in a way of working (or maybe not working) that creatively appears to be a cul de sac.

The Stones should'never' have to look to U2 for anything lol. It would be the other way around.

With that said .. U2's albums have been going downhill. Their last few albums were downright lame ...even weak in some sense (even by U2's standards).

With the above noted perhaps they actually should or will try a more collective effort. Im not sure why they never got together as a group to write songs just to try that approach out? Instead its always Mick and Keith working on songs. Wonder how some songs would turn out if they all just got together in a room with no ideas to try to fiddle around and see what they all could come up with collectively. Sort of like in the film Ladies and Gentleman the Rolling Stones.

I wonder if they try that approach from time time time over the years? If not..they should test that out...at least here and there.

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 02:15 by IanBillen.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 7, 2018 02:33

I hope they wont ever make dull albums like U2 has done the last 10 years.
Better no album then.
jeroen

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 7, 2018 03:46

IanBillen
With the above noted perhaps they actually should or will try a more collective effort. Im not sure why they never got together as a group to write songs just to try that approach out? Instead its always Mick and Keith working on songs. Wonder how some songs would turn out if they all just got together in a room with no ideas to try to fiddle around and see what they all could come up with collectively. Sort of like in the film Ladies and Gentleman the Rolling Stones.

I wonder if they try that approach from time time time over the years? If not..they should test that out...at least here and there.
Ian

Been there, done that.
We're talking about a 55+ years old band with 25 studio albums and over 300 original songs, they will not spend endless hours on a studio, they are old men and their priorities are others, the Stones' is a thing that takes 2-3 months a year, if they tour every year then studio time is limited, maybe 2 weeks a year and that's all, nobody's dying to hear a new studio album anyway except die hard fans, take it or leave it, mostly of their fan base has moved on, that's life, we're not on 1972, 1981, 1994 or even 2005 anymore.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 7, 2018 04:38

one more boys; let's go. punch in. i'm not even asking for myself.
Look at what you've been doing to Ian for a steady year every day;
i mean tell the driver "studio" and then go to "work."
Love, hopkins

Date: April 7, 2018 06:11

georgelicks
IanBillen

Ian

Been there, done that.
We're talking about a 55+ years old band with 25 studio albums and over 300 original songs, they will not spend endless hours on a studio, they are old men and their priorities are others, the Stones' is a thing that takes 2-3 months a year, if they tour every year then studio time is limited, maybe 2 weeks a year and that's all, nobody's dying to hear a new studio album anyway except die hard fans, take it or leave it, mostly of their fan base has moved on, that's life, we're not on 1972, 1981, 1994 or even 2005 anymore.

Alot happens in 13+ years and counting, but with the semi-success of the Blue and Lonesome covers album (decent sales and Grammy),maybe there's some new fans eager to hear something original from the old boys?
On the other hand, many of the new fans would be totally satisfied with another covers album. Whatever the case, the Stones in todays popular music world probably doesn't mean a thing to anyone - just looking at the current Billboard Hot 100 speaks volumes. At #1 is hip-hop artist Drake, Ed Sheeran comes in at #5, and at #8 is something from someone that goes by Lil Dicky! At #9 is a song from XXXTentacion (?) with a song title that pretty much sums up the popular music world today...it's titled Sad!

hopkins
Love, hopkins

Ian deserves some form of credit on the new album (if there ever is one) for his steadfast allegiance to the prospect of a new album. Through thick and thin and in the face of the sometimes ugly truth, there's usually always a bright side when Ian takes the podium. Many lesser men and women have fallen by the wayside, yet Ian cannot be shaken. He might express fleeting moments of doubt and frustration, but he always comes back with his gloves on to fight another day. I myself have been on the brink of throwing in the towel - sometimes near tears and other times on the verge of rage, but reading Ian's words can be uplifting and inspirational.

Hats off to Ian - we salute you. thumbs up winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 7, 2018 09:15

Rocky Dijon
I really shouldn't bother but look at reality.

On 10RR, fans continue to obsess over throwaway remarks, demand very wealthy old men in their seventies work harder, pretend Mick has writer's block, and speculate on what goes on behind closed doors between Mick, Keith, Matt, Don, Carl, and Universal.

The author of this post is likewise guilty as charged.

Meantime, the still creative artists in their twilight years will embark on another tour for the seventh consecutive year and continue to work on new material as they have done regularly, together and apart, throughout the past 55 years.

Guilty as charged as well... But what can a poor fan boy do, expect to whine in a rock and roll board... grinning smiley

But seriously, I share your sentiments than in reality the things are not that bad that is sometimes assumed here. A bit of realism in both with expectations and with interpreting their actual doings is not such a bad idea, though it might be boring.

That said, always a pleasure to read your straight-to-the-point rediscriptions of actual happenings. That kind of 'reality-check' is always welcomed by me.

- Doxa

Date: April 7, 2018 10:05

Hairball
georgelicks
IanBillen

Ian

Been there, done that.

Alot happens in 13+ years and counting, but with the semi-success of the Blue and Lonesome covers album (decent sales and Grammy),maybe there's some new fans eager to hear something original from the old boys?
On the other hand, many of the new fans would be totally satisfied with another covers album. Whatever the case, the Stones in todays popular music world probably doesn't mean a thing to anyone - just looking at the current Billboard Hot 100 speaks volumes. At #1 is hip-hop artist Drake, Ed Sheeran comes in at #5, and at #8 is something from someone that goes by Lil Dicky! At #9 is a song from XXXTentacion (?) with a song title that pretty much sums up the popular music world today...it's titled Sad!

hopkins
Love, hopkins

Ian deserves some form of credit on the new album (if there ever is one) for his steadfast allegiance to the prospect of a new album. Through thick and thin and in the face of the sometimes ugly truth, there's usually always a bright side when Ian takes the podium. Many lesser men and women have fallen by the wayside, yet Ian cannot be shaken. He might express fleeting moments of doubt and frustration, but he always comes back with his gloves on to fight another day. I myself have been on the brink of throwing in the towel - sometimes near tears and other times on the verge of rage, but reading Ian's words can be uplifting and inspirational.

Hats off to Ian - we salute you. thumbs up winking smiley

Thanks much me Bruh .. That really hits the spot for me at 3 am (in between looking for a Subaru to possibly buy ...if the price is right .. or affordable enough for Mr. Billen). Best thing I've read in .. probably a month (<real talk). The fun goes both ways. I check iorr like ..five times a day. Reason is for the great insight and electronic company that is premium grade!

Rock on, Troops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 10:07 by IanBillen.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: April 7, 2018 10:12

I don't care when it comes out. I'd rather have a decent album in two years than a mediocre one now.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 7, 2018 10:18

keithsman
ouroux58
keithsman
Maindefender

Just kidding around, a few years ago Mick came to the studio to start recording the new album saying he had 40 demos, and Keith retorted with well i got three killer riffs smoking smiley

I understand but if they really got some killer riffs they could released some singles time to time. eye rolling smiley

Date: April 7, 2018 10:23

georgelicks
IanBillen

Ian

Been there, done that.

All true. I had held out hope since the 2012 50th tour that a new album would ultimately ensue. Good Lord willing we'll see an album when they get off the road. On to May 17th....thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 10:24 by Maindefender.

Date: April 7, 2018 12:38

Rocky Dijon

Mick and Dave Stewart finish up SuperHeavy in 2011. Mick, Keith, and Ronnie add lyrics, vocals, and guitar overdubs to further unfinished songs, once again working piecemeal-fashion. Mick has recorded a number of bluesy demos with Charlie. He notes he is also working on pop songs as well but has no plans to record an album, he simply enjoys the writing process.

Now in hindsight, one could speculate that for a new Rolling Stones album the Anniversary year 2012 might have been a perfect timing. Having finished SuperHeavy project, warming up Stonesy things with EXILE and SOME GIRLS bonus material, plus 'enjoying the writing process' (those infamous '40 demos' being an indication of that), Jagger sounded like being as ready as he can be. And at the same time Richards having started his healing process with CROSSEYED HEART sessions ("all of them made for Mick to sing"). Well we know what turned out to be, the whole Anniversary thing pushed to the last minute and everything - with which I am sure LIFE had something to do. That book didn't at least make things easier for a new Rolling Stones album. A counter-argument will be 'well, Jagger has such a thick skin that had he really wanted to make a Rolling Stones album, he would have done it despite of Keith's public mockery'.

Funnily, to think that if all of sudden Jagger now decides - after getting tired to fight with Keith or something - to release an album under his own name based on all those sessions along the years that would be seen as a capital crime here ("no one wants a Jagger solo album!"). That's wasn't any problem with CROSSEYED HEART. For some reason, Keith always seems to get a free pass and his loyalty to the Stones is beyond doubt...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 13:44 by Doxa.

Date: April 7, 2018 13:41

ouroux58
keithsman
ouroux58
keithsman
Maindefender

I understand but if they really got some killer riffs they could released some singles time to time. eye rolling smiley

I agree, I'm hoping they release a single or two just prior to their UK tour, but I personally think they have fallen out again and are not communicating with each other on that level anymore. It's sad but I don't think they can stand being in a room together long enough to record songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 16:40 by keithsman.

Date: April 7, 2018 14:35

Doxa
Rocky Dijon

Now in hindsight, one could speculate that for a new Rolling Stones album the Anniversary year 2012 might have been a perfect timing. Having finished SuperHeavy project, warming up Stonesy things with EXILE and SOME GIRLS bonus material, plus 'enjoying the writing process' (those infamous '40 demos' being an indication of that), Jagger sounded like being as ready as he can be. And at the same time Richards having started his healing process with CROSSEYED HEART sessions ("all of them made for Mick to sing"). Well we know what turned out to be, the whole Anniversary thing pushed to the last minute and everything - with which I am sure LIFE had something to do. That book didn't at least make things easier for a new Rolling Stones album. A counter-argument will be 'well, Jagger has such a thick skin that had he really wanted to make a Rolling Stones album, he would have done it despite of Keith's public mockery'.

Funnily, to think that if all of sudden Jagger now decides - after getting tired to fight with Keith or something - to release an album under his own name based on all those sessions along the years that would be seen as a capital crime here ("no one wants a Jagger solo album!"). That's wasn't any problem with CROSSEYED HEART. For some reason, Keith always seems to get a free pass and his loyalty to the Stones is beyond doubt...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Intriguing what Jagger would have done with the CH songs. But of course Mick would bring in his own compositions and we would get something completely different. Viva Keith's version.....>grinning smiley<

Date: April 7, 2018 16:35

Maindefender
Doxa
Rocky Dijon

- Doxa

Intriguing what Jagger would have done with the CH songs. But of course Mick would bring in his own compositions and we would get something completely different. Viva Keith's version.....>grinning smiley<

Imho the Songs from Crosseyed Heart need or needed no input from Mick, but had they been Stones songs Micks voice on them would have been great, just as Keith's voice on them is great.

And Doxa you say no one wants a Jagger solo album. Not true, i would love anything from Mick at this stage, a solo album is better than nothing from him.
Like i said about Stones albums , " no album from the Stones is all bad " well that applies to Mick's solo albums too.

Date: April 7, 2018 18:45

Doxa
Now in hindsight, one could speculate that for a new Rolling Stones album the Anniversary year 2012 might have been a perfect timing. Having finished SuperHeavy project, warming up Stonesy things with EXILE and SOME GIRLS bonus material, plus 'enjoying the writing process' (those infamous '40 demos' being an indication of that), Jagger sounded like being as ready as he can be. And at the same time Richards having started his healing process with CROSSEYED HEART sessions ("all of them made for Mick to sing"). Well we know what turned out to be, the whole Anniversary thing pushed to the last minute and everything - with which I am sure LIFE had something to do. That book didn't at least make things easier for a new Rolling Stones album.

All very good points. It does appear that Mick's "40 demos" were substantially prepared by 2011. When "Doom and Gloom" came out, Mick had talked about presenting several songs to Don Was, Universal, and the band and was surprised that "Doom and Gloom" (which apparently was further down his list) was the one that was received positively.

I can't of course know that it is factual, but it is alleged the work with Carl Falk or with Steve Jordan are attempts to rearrange existing songs and see if new approaches yield better results. Much like CROSSEYED HEART which was reworked from material stretching back to the 1990s (and in one case, slightly earlier), this developing Stones album has deep roots. Both Mick and Keith seem reluctant to go the route Don Was allegedly favors which is to treat VOODOO LOUNGE and BRIDGES TO BABYLON outtakes like the EXILE and SOME GIRLS bonus tracks and be done with it. They want to make these songs live and breathe "now." That's been their goal for over three years now. I suspect that is what Soldatti means when he says the album is coming together in the same fashion as CROSSEYED HEART. I'm not suggesting it will sound like that album at all. The truth is Mick's approach with Carl Falk is the same as Keith's approach with Steve Jordan. Let's work with other people and see what it brings out of us. If Ronnie's recent studio time was for the Stones, I'm happy. When Ronnie turns up to add his parts separately, it means they're close to the finish line. Still hoping for a December release, no matter how unlikely it seems to Universal or Don.

Date: April 7, 2018 19:05

Rocky Dijon
Mick and Dave Stewart finish up SuperHeavy in 2011. Mick, Keith, and Ronnie add lyrics, vocals, and guitar overdubs to further unfinished songs, once again working piecemeal-fashion.
Mick has recorded a number of bluesy demos with Charlie.

Interesting nugget of info. regarding 'bluesy demos" which I don't recall hearing about, and am wondering what ever became of these?
Seems that might have been something Keith would have happily jumped all over vs. Mick's "experimental/contemporary" demos.
Maybe these are part of the new tunes that have been worked on over the last few years? Or maybe they'll remain as sketches never to be worked on again?

Date: April 7, 2018 19:48

Mick mentioned it when promoting SOME GIRLS reissue in 2011. Considering "Keep Up Blues" and "Tea Party Blues" are from this era, I'm not particularly excited about the prospect, but we can't know for certain until we hear them.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 7, 2018 20:12

IanBillen
Im not sure why they never got together as a group to write songs just to try that approach out? Instead its always Mick and Keith working on songs.

Wonder how some songs would turn out if they all just got together in a room with no ideas to try to fiddle around and see what they all could come up with collectively.

The impression one gets as an outsider is that exactly that doesn’t work any longer. Keith would probably like the idea. At least, there have been a couple of public shout-outs to Mick to go to the studio with him and develop some songs. I’m not so sure, however, how many other Stones he would really like to have around (primarily, whether he would like to have Ronnie there). Mick is certainly not so fond of the fiddling-around approach, kind of, ‘I got so-and-so many demos in the can, why waste time?’ And there appears to be no financial or other pressure that would force them to do anything at all.

Doxa

What would certainly be considered a crime is a Jagger solo album with proper songs that could have been Stones songs. Few people would mind a solo album with more GGAG-like stuff, I think, because noone would want that on a Stones album anyway. He might be accused of wasting time, maybe. I think some such line of argument also holds for Crosseyed Heart because that weren’t really Stones songs either. Heartstopper could have been a Stones song, but a lesser one only, not exactly Keith’s greatest rocker. Most songs on CH wouldn’t have sounded “right” if sung by Mick. Just think of One More Shot, which might at least have been charming if sung by Keith but Mick sounds totally out of place here.

Hairball
Ian deserves some form of credit on the new album (if there ever is one) for his steadfast allegiance to the prospect of a new album.

I definitely second that! Ian’s the one who never loses hope and brings us back on track if we get lost in fooling around. He’s the analytical mind always weighing the options and sketching new scenarios.

Kudos! thumbs up

Date: April 7, 2018 20:13

Rocky Dijon
Mick mentioned it when promoting SOME GIRLS reissue in 2011. Considering "Keep Up Blues" and "Tea Party Blues" are from this era, I'm not particularly excited about the prospect, but we can't know for certain until we hear them.

Yep. Hairball seemingly missed it, but it has been discussed several times here. This is what he said in September 2011 (with courtesy of an eternal great timeisonourside.com):

I have been writing a lot for the Stones. I mean, when I write, I go, Yeah, that could be a good Stones tune or, That's not really going to work for that.

I did some sessions with Charlie recently where I just played some songs I'd written, and of course I wrote more when he was there. I'd start making them up, so that was good fun, so we had a really good time doing that.

(I've been) writing loads of these 12-bar blues songs, so I'm looking forward to doing something more in that vein. But then last night, I wrote a song and went straight from my version of John Lee Hooker into writing sort of pop songs, so I don't really know.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-07 20:15 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...153154155156157158159160161162163...LastNext
Current Page: 158 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home