Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...641642643644645646647648649650651...LastNext
Current Page: 646 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 30, 2023 22:57

a lot of speculation here, we don't know much facts in fact
anyway to add some more: listening to Watt makes me wonder if the spread between Keith's adult "feel" and Mick's soft spot for "hard fm rock" (in the vein of his collaboration with the foo fighter guy) has reached a new level
must not be easy to find a common ground

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 30, 2023 23:09

Presumably the credits are going to read Produced by Don Was, Andrew Watt, Matt Clifford, and The Glimmer Twins. If there are any songs sung by Keith, then Steve Jordan likely has a co-producer credit as well. It's all guess work. This is almost another TATTOO YOU as it's the album they've spent the better part of a decade knocking into shape. Considering their ages and the fine line between collaboration and compromise, it's a small miracle we're even getting the damn thing this year.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 30, 2023 23:15

Rocky Dijon
Presumably the credits are going to read Produced by Don Was, Andrew Watt, Matt Clifford, and The Glimmer Twins. If there are any songs sung by Keith, then Steve Jordan likely has a co-producer credit as well. It's all guess work. This is almost another TATTOO YOU as it's the album they've spent the better part of a decade knocking into shape. Considering their ages and the fine line between collaboration and compromise, it's a small miracle we're even getting the damn thing this year.

Strong possibility that Steve gets a co-writing credit or two.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 1, 2023 08:01

Rocky Dijon

I'd prefer the first to the latter but we'll find out.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 1, 2023 17:40

Word at my local watering hole is that Brian Eno has taken over producing and the entire album is all synthesizers now.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2023 18:14

snoopy2
Word at my local watering hole is that Brian Eno has taken over producing and the entire album is all synthesizers now.

That would sort of jive with what I've heard, which is that they're shelving the new material in favour of another album of covers, this time all Gary Numan songs.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 1, 2023 18:15

treaclefingers
UrbanSteel
If Keith doesn't know what Andrew Watt is capable of, he should watch this youtube video.
"Roadhouse Blues - Miley Cyrus and Tangiers Blues Band (with The Doors guitarist Robbie Krieger and Andrew Watt).
Pure Rock Blues

Great video!

If you mean 'capable of' in terms of guitar playing, yeah, I guess he's pretty good, but I must admit it was a sheer joy when you heard Krieger playing the licks with a bit more feel instead.

I'd really rather Watt didn't get anywhere near a Stones record, in terms of playing. I hope we're just talking about producing here.

I should add I certainly aren't criticizing his skills as a guitar player, being a very poor one myself I enjoy watching anyone better than myself play!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 1, 2023 18:16

Andrew Watt has done wonders for solo artists like Ozzy and Iggy. I don't discount his worth with those two guys, especially this late in their careers.
The Rolling Stones are a different story altogether...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 1, 2023 18:23

My problem is - he´s standing too close to her. cool smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 1, 2023 19:35

treaclefingers
snoopy2

That would sort of jive with what I've heard, which is that they're shelving the new material in favour of another album of covers, this time all Gary Numan songs.

Finally something interesting happens. I knew wsn't writing 1000 posts in this thread for nothing.

- Doxa

Date: May 1, 2023 20:07

Doxa
treaclefingers
snoopy2

Finally something interesting happens. I knew wsn't writing 1000 posts in this thread for nothing.

- Doxa

That would put you at over 5% of the total posts in this thread.

I believe I'm currently at 7% and this post right here keeps the 2% spread between us intact.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 1, 2023 21:34

Why don't we just make it an official double album - one for Mick and one for Keef. This way there's no complaining about any of the songs. 12 each. And this way here, everyone's happy. Now Keef may not have 12 compositions worth, but maybe with Steve involved he could get 12 decent songs. Then just reorder em all to make em gel accordingly. Mind you I'm not suggesting Keef sings 12, just merely that 12 songs are Keef-based and 12 be Mick-based.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 1, 2023 22:09

Rev 20 Redlights over on Rocksoff.org thinks there's going to be 50 tracks on the album - that's enough double albums for everybody! grinning smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 1, 2023 22:15

treaclefingers
Doxa
Finally something interesting happens. I knew I wasn't writing 1000 posts in this thread for nothing.

- Doxa

I believe I'm currently at 7% and this post right here keeps the 2% spread between us intact.

Can it be that sarcasm was lost in this instance?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 1, 2023 23:50

Rev 20 Redlights over on Rocksoff.org thinks there's going to be 50 tracks on the album

Yeah but poor ole Revvy is like those
punter guys who bet on every horse in the race .....

Then yell out "Hey look I got FIRST ...second and THIRD .... HHHHaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: May 2, 2023 00:57

Rocky Dijon
treaclefingers
Doxa
Finally something interesting happens. I knew I wasn't writing 1000 posts in this thread for nothing.

- Doxa

Can it be that sarcasm was lost in this instance?

You lost me at sarcasm.

Date: May 2, 2023 01:00

Rockman
Rev 20 Redlights over on Rocksoff.org thinks there's going to be 50 tracks on the album

We had such speculations here already many years back (double CD, triple CD, ...). Starting from a single released track to an EP to a 10 song CD to anything with more songs than that, we've had it all. So whatever they are going to release, someone could say, told ya! Even if they release nothing at all some people here might say, told ya ... I gues the state of affairs over at Rocksoff is quite similar. (Perhaps even with the same folks posting here and over there.)

Date: May 2, 2023 01:04

doitywoik
Rockman

We had such speculations here already many years back (double CD, triple CD, ...). Starting from a single released track to an EP to a 10 song CD to anything with more songs than that, we've had it all. So whatever they are going to release, someone could say, told ya! Even if they release nothing at all some people here might say, told ya ... I gues the state of affairs over at Rocksoff is quite similar. (Perhaps even with the same folks posting here and over there.)

I could have told you that. Or something.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 2, 2023 02:45

treaclefingers
doitywoik
Rockman

Are you telling Something, or is that you're telling me something? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-02 02:45 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: May 2, 2023 03:24

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
doitywoik
Rockman

Are you telling Something, or is that you're telling me something? confused smiley

Whatever it is, it's a case of told ya! winking smiley

Date: May 3, 2023 19:40

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
doitywoik
Rockman

Exactly.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 3, 2023 20:03

SO WAS FULLY FINISHED OUTTAKES THE STONES FISHING HOW WELL IT WOULD BE RECEIVED?
EVERYONE WITH INFORMATION IS KEEPING THEIR MOUTH SHUT.
I'M HOPING FOR 50 TRACKS......
HOPING SOMEONE SPILLS THE BEANS....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 3, 2023 20:17

Please no yelling

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 3, 2023 23:14

50 tracks is truly magical thinking. I think we will get 13 songs and 4 bonus ones like Best Buy or Walmart exclusive

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 4, 2023 00:01

I reckon there'll be a hidden track
on the deluxe CD set where you have ta
play it backwards to hear ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 4, 2023 00:45

Rockman

That's gonna be the Macca track.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 4, 2023 09:36

doitywoik
Rockman

That's gonna be the Macca track.

Or a 2022 remake of CS Blues...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 4, 2023 14:29

Just pick out 12 and release 'em already!

Date: May 4, 2023 16:30

Elmo Lewis

Which 12, out of 50+? They could spend years contemplating that question.

Date: May 4, 2023 16:34

doitywoik
Elmo Lewis

Which 12, out of 50+? They could spend years contemplating that question.

They should use the IORR members as a expert panel.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...641642643644645646647648649650651...LastNext
Current Page: 646 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home