Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...271272273274275276277278279280281...LastNext
Current Page: 276 of 704
Re: Mick recording??
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 31, 2019 04:47

sounds great looks great; i like it a Lot.
funky but chic! (apologies to David Johasen)
good stuff very cool. yep sounds great looks great!! yesss.
we've already got a Bad review? oh my.. lol.
a thankless job being Kings in the rock and roll world.
hoppy not quite Royalte but he understand.
and very impressed with Gramps here, lookin' and movin' like he's
14 years old with a bad itch for u know watt.
goodness gracious this is very positive imo!!

Date: January 31, 2019 04:53

I thought The Rolling Stones were a rock n roll band. Seems like Ron and Keith playing fiery guitars is a thing of the past. At least for The Stones' studio work it is.

Date: January 31, 2019 04:55

I dont dislike what Mick was presenting though. Kinda reminds me of something from the Black and Blue era almost.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 31, 2019 05:10

Beast
Damned if they do and damned if they don't...

Could not agree more.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: January 31, 2019 05:23

Christiaan
[twitter.com]

Tell it! Let’s hear it!
(Sounds like a happy, upbeat, mesmerizing song.)

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 31, 2019 06:00

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
I thought The Rolling Stones were a rock n roll band. Seems like Ron and Keith playing fiery guitars is a thing of the past. At least for The Stones' studio work it is.

Who said this was the stones?

Date: January 31, 2019 06:48

Rokyfan
NeverMakeASaintOfMe

I thought it was implied :/

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 31, 2019 07:04

Hairball
IanBillen
I'm with most of you .. doesn't sound great and doesn't do much for me BUT (see below) ....

This is just to tease us .. It's probably not even from a song they truly plan on using or releasing. Could of been one of the demo's that were scrapped. He is not recording there .. he is simply jamming.

If it is .. it could sound pretty darn different by the time we get it... and besides it's only 20 seconds worth. Don't panic.

Ian

That's a relief to hear you say all that Ian, but if it is one of the demos that was scrapped, doesn't make much sense he would send it out as a tease.
That would be like me sending out one of my crappier sketches to an art gallery - I would at least send out something I actually like myself.
And the caption to the Mick clip is: "2019 - all about writing, recording....and a tour"! Surely he wouldn't be showcasing a scrapped demo for the world to see and hear.

Perhaps you can answer this Ian, but along with the odd auto-tune background singing I noticed earlier (at least its sounds that way), is that guitar lick a loop?
Sounds quite mechanical and precise as if it were, and I remember discussion of Mick using that technique for Charlies drumming on either Getta Grip or England Lost.

On the bright side, Mick looks fit, happy, and healthy, and am always glad to see something actually happening in the Stones world - even if it's only 20 seconds. thumbs up

edit: spellcheck

If you are talking about Ronnie's guitar playing the lead (presuming it's Ronnie) .. to me it sounds more sped up than a loop. Does not sound like a loop but does a little un-sound natural in tempo (speed). I mean .. again .. that is my here behind a keyboard on computer speakers at the moment.. I could be wrong ..however after playing it five times based on your very question that's my take.

Again.. though .. I doubt it's anything close to finished or the best part.

The official tease will come four to six weeks before an actual single is released and it will be a small bit from the final song product. This is simply a tease to show they are recording / working on it ... (is a throw-a-way piece ..maybe not the song itself but this bit ... .. he's not even in a studio there).

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 31, 2019 07:15

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
Rokyfan

I thought it was implied :/

I thought it was inferred.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: January 31, 2019 08:01

I don't typically chime in on the negativity. Being positive is the only way to go. But why all the negativity? I LOVE this band. Mick is 75 and still moves and rocks like a 25 year old. Let's just appreciate and cherish the time we all have left watching our favorite band. These guys are truly special and they don't owe us anything. Personally, I'm so excited I have another summer of touring ahead of me, in addition to the last two years in Europe. Mick posting a snippet on Twitter is awesome. I'm grateful he takes the time to do it. I cherish these special moments. Some day it will all be gone and I know personally I will truly miss it. Let's enjoy life and the Stones!!! They have been a part of me every day since I was born. Don't take it too seriously- It's Only Rock and Roll... but I like EVERY SECOND OF IT WITH THESE GUYS-- with whatever they have to have offer us. I'm forever grateful!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2019 08:27

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
I'm with most of you .. doesn't sound great and doesn't do much for me BUT (see below) ....

This is just to tease us .. It's probably not even from a song they truly plan on using or releasing. Could of been one of the demo's that were scrapped. He is not recording there .. he is simply jamming.

If it is .. it could sound pretty darn different by the time we get it... and besides it's only 20 seconds worth. Don't panic.

Ian

That's a relief to hear you say all that Ian, but if it is one of the demos that was scrapped, doesn't make much sense he would send it out as a tease.
That would be like me sending out one of my crappier sketches to an art gallery - I would at least send out something I actually like myself.
And the caption to the Mick clip is: "2019 - all about writing, recording....and a tour"! Surely he wouldn't be showcasing a scrapped demo for the world to see and hear.

Perhaps you can answer this Ian, but along with the odd auto-tune background singing I noticed earlier (at least its sounds that way), is that guitar lick a loop?
Sounds quite mechanical and precise as if it were, and I remember discussion of Mick using that technique for Charlies drumming on either Getta Grip or England Lost.

On the bright side, Mick looks fit, happy, and healthy, and am always glad to see something actually happening in the Stones world - even if it's only 20 seconds. thumbs up

If you are talking about Ronnie's guitar playing the lead (presuming it's Ronnie) .. to me it sounds more sped up than a loop. Does not sound like a loop but does a little un-sound natural in tempo (speed). I mean .. again .. that is my here behind a keyboard on computer speakers at the moment.. I could be wrong ..however after playing it five times based on your very question that's my take.

The official tease will come four to six weeks before an actual single is released and it will be a small bit from the final song product. This is simply a tease to show they are recording / working on it ... (is a throw-a-way piece ..maybe not the song itself but this bit ... .. he's not even in a studio there).

Yes that is the part I was referring to - the Ronnie part - presuming it is Ronnie.

*As for the tease itself- maybe Mick is gauging the reaction of people in the same way he/Universal supposedly did with GettaGrip/England Lost.
Based on the poor results and response of those tunes, surprised he would continue down a similar path, but I think this new one might be a small step above....early stages though...maybe it will evolve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 09:20 by Hairball.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 31, 2019 08:37

StonesSoCal
I don't typically chime in on the negativity. Being positive is the only way to go. But why all the negativity? I LOVE this band. Mick is 75 and still moves and rocks like a 25 year old. Let's just appreciate and cherish the time we all have left watching our favorite band. These guys are truly special and they don't owe us anything. Personally, I'm so excited I have another summer of touring ahead of me, in addition to the last two years in Europe. Mick posting a snippet on Twitter is awesome. I'm grateful he takes the time to do it. I cherish these special moments. Some day it will all be gone and I know personally I will truly miss it. Let's enjoy life and the Stones!!! They have been a part of me every day since I was born. Don't take it too seriously- It's Only Rock and Roll... but I like EVERY SECOND OF IT WITH THESE GUYS-- with whatever they have to have offer us. I'm forever grateful!

Nicely put, I agree.

Date: January 31, 2019 08:45

<background singing sounds like autotune>

Yep, could be Bernard with autotune.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: January 31, 2019 08:54

Here's what happened, Mick was asked to join Maroon Five in the superbowl halfttime show an declined and offered to write their next hit single instead ;-)

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 31, 2019 10:52

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

Ian

Yes that is the part I was referring to - the Ronnie part - presuming it is Ronnie.

*As for the tease itself- maybe Mick is gauging the reaction of people in the same way he/Universal supposedly did with GettaGrip/England Lost.
Based on the poor results and response of those tunes, surprised he would continue down a similar path, but I think this new one might be a small step above....early stages though...maybe it will evolve.

Yes .. it does sound like a loop at first ... I had to listen to it five times but it appears not after really listening to it (tempo seems artificial of the guitar though). You know.. this is nothing.. could evolve.. may be nothing.. may be a weaker track .. may not use it. Just a teaser IMO.

He is still writing .. they (especially Mick from the sounds of it have done a lot of it). Im suspecting an album by them October-ish .. if that is the case .. they have time .. though limited to recording after the tour .. a week or so. Then ya got overdubs but that is not how this album is being done according to sources. The write a bunch of material for a month or so, record, over-dub .. mix process is not the way this one is being done according to some.

One thing is for sure .. shall be interesting and lots will be anticipating it ... we all KNOW they sure had a long build up Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 10:53 by IanBillen.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 31, 2019 10:56

A summer pop song.

Let't wait for Keith's response... smileys with beer

Date: January 31, 2019 10:58

Why are we discussing this in two different threads? smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:27

mtaylor
A summer pop song.

Keef save us from Mick's solo songs!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:43

KRiffhard
mtaylor
A summer pop song.

Keef save us from Mick's solo songs!! smiling bouncing smiley

Oh, come on..
Give him a break
Jeroen

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: January 31, 2019 12:20

Sounds good, Mick being helped out with the vocals, think i heard Micks voice a tiny bit there, this is not what i want from my Rolling Stones though, no beef, no Keith, no meat no meal.
Maybe Mick should do an album with Ronnie and Keith go do his thing with Steve.

Date: January 31, 2019 12:54

keithsman
Sounds good, Mick being helped out with the vocals, think i heard Micks voice a tiny bit there, this is not what i want from my Rolling Stones though, no beef, no Keith, no meat no meal.
Maybe Mick should do an album with Ronnie and Keith go do his thing with Steve.

smileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: Marthijn ()
Date: January 31, 2019 13:29

Amen to that!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 31, 2019 13:29

I really wanna tell the truth… and the truth is that I don't want to hear this again (especially not on a Stones album and not as a five minutes song)

Date: January 31, 2019 13:37

slewan
I really wanna tell the truth… and the truth is that I don't want to hear this again (especially not on a Stones album and not as a five minutes song)

i am glad i am not the only one , who feels this way !!
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 13:39 by runrudolph.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 31, 2019 14:18

Sounds fresh and interesting.Some people on this board are either stuck in 1968 or need to head out to Indian for a good ear cleaning.

Date: January 31, 2019 14:25

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
I hope this stuff it's not for the Stones!

Why not? Ronnie is playing his ass off here smiling smiley

The rhythm guitar with that typical 8-tees EMG-pickup sound ?

Date: January 31, 2019 14:28

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
I hope this stuff it's not for the Stones!

Why not? Ronnie is playing his ass off here smiling smiley

The rhythm guitar with that typical 8-tees EMG-pickup sound ?

If you insist on calling single string-licks rhythm guitar, yes smiling smiley (and it does indeed sound like a classic late 70s/early 80s-sound. Later in the 80s a sound like that would often be drenched in chorus or flanger)

The chords sound like Mick, though (both right and left channel).

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 31, 2019 14:35

Here's looking forward to the new release. It's great to find out that these guys are finally recording new material.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: January 31, 2019 14:38

stargroover
Sounds fresh and interesting.Some people on this board are either stuck in 1968 or need to head out to Indian for a good ear cleaning.

Of course people on this board prefer the sound the Stones made in the 60's and 70's, nothing wrong with that, the Stones predominantly play music from that period live to this day, that is the era the Stones continue to represent to fans that go to see them because that is the music most fans want to hear.

People either like that clip or they don't , or like me they think its good but it's not what they need or want from the Stones.
Clean our ears out indeed winking smiley

Date: January 31, 2019 14:38

---

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 14:41 by TheflyingDutchman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...271272273274275276277278279280281...LastNext
Current Page: 276 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home