Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...269270271272273274275276277278279...LastNext
Current Page: 274 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 31, 2019 13:43

the criticism is just @#$%& up...I want to hear more...if they are experimenting then it shows me they really care. That gives it ( this project) validity and life....if you want to hear what they sounded like put on the old records.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 31, 2019 13:49

DandelionPowderman
Criticising this is just like listening to a 20 seconds excerpt of Miss You or Hot Stuff and then decide Some Girls or Black And Blue is garbage.

This might be a single, hence the funkiness (and the chorus that really sticks in my head).

I liked it! thumbs up

Well I dont follow you here DP: why should be specious to judge critically or negatively this short clip and fair instead to like it and praise it?

Of course, as I have always added to my few comments on that, to comment on such a short clip might be senseless, more so if that comment is expanded on a long waited new album. but having said that any comment is equally legitimate

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 31, 2019 13:55

Rip This
the criticism is just @#$%& up...I want to hear more...if they are experimenting then it shows me they really care. That gives it ( this project) validity and life....if you want to hear what they sounded like put on the old records.

...and If you want to hear experimental stuff put on the amazing 'Superheavy' album!

Date: January 31, 2019 14:00

maumau
DandelionPowderman
Criticising this is just like listening to a 20 seconds excerpt of Miss You or Hot Stuff and then decide Some Girls or Black And Blue is garbage.

This might be a single, hence the funkiness (and the chorus that really sticks in my head).

I liked it! thumbs up

Well I dont follow you here DP: why should be specious to judge critically or negatively this short clip and fair instead to like it and praise it?

Of course, as I have always added to my few comments on that, to comment on such a short clip might be senseless, more so if that comment is expanded on a long waited new album. but having said that any comment is equally legitimate

Exactly. The rest of the tune might be crap – or excellent. We simply don't know.

That said, I liked this funky sound way better than, say, Suck On The Jugular, Rain Fall Down and similar attempts of funk in «recent» years.

We should also keep in mind that Keith loves funk as much as Mick does.

We don't have to like this clip, of course, don't get me wrong smiling smiley

Date: January 31, 2019 14:08

ahahahh quoting RFD you strenghtens my worst fears spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

anyway I dare say that the funk Keith loves, if Big Enough or Substantial damage are good examples, is quite different from what I can hear in this hook
anyway
smileys with beer

Date: January 31, 2019 14:12

maumau
ahahahh quoting RFD you strenghtens my worst fears spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

anyway I dare say that the funk Keith loves, if Big Enough or Substantial damage are good examples, is quite different from what I can hear in this hook
anyway
smileys with beer

Let's meet halfways on Hot Stuff smileys with beer

«Hot Stuff was disco-ish, too»

– Keith Richards

Date: January 31, 2019 14:18

DandelionPowderman
maumau

anyway
smileys with beer

Let's meet halfways on Hot Stuff smileys with beer

«Hot Stuff was disco-ish, too»

– Keith Richards

With pleasure! Hot stuff tutta la vita! as we say in Italy
smileys with beer

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 31, 2019 15:26

A nice little teaser that clip. Go on, Mick, you are allowed to share the truth! I'm all ears!

I like that lightness and catchiness of the 'chic' dance beat, and how that chorus line (?) is left to the latter part of the leading chord, and made like a bridge between the chord change. Nothing earth-shaking for sure, but those little things make the Stones songs always a joy to listen. And some cool stuff by Ronnie. Makes me wonder does thing derive from the sessions Mick did with Ronnie in Paris.

But what's more important is that this clip and the motto Mick has written above it, is a strong indication that they are serious in releasing new stuff (okay, Mick doesn't say anything of releasing anything this year, just recording, but however...)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 15:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: January 31, 2019 15:57

DandelionPowderman

I liked it! thumbs up

Oh dear that's what was worrying me. If it is the single i will be disappointed to say the least. It's fine as an album track if the album has say 16 tracks, but as a single it's just not hitting the spot.
Pleased that you like it though DP smiling smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 31, 2019 15:58

Doxa
But what's more important is that this clip and the motto Mick has written above it, is a strong indication that they are serious in releasing new stuff (okay, Mick doesn't say anything of releasing anything this year, just recording, but however...)

I'd be more careful and rather say it's a strong indication that Mick is serious about writing new stuff. There's a fine difference ...

Date: January 31, 2019 15:59

keithsman
DandelionPowderman

I liked it! thumbs up

Oh dear that's what was worrying me. If it is the single i will be disappointed to say the least. It's fine as an album track if the album has say 16 tracks, but as a single it's just not hitting the spot.

But it wouldn't be the first time they released a somewhat unexpected single:

Angie
Fool To Cry
Miss You
Emotional Rescue
Undercover (Of The Night)
Rock And A Hard Place
Anybody Seen My Baby
Rain Fall Down
Streets Of Love

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 31, 2019 16:38

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
DandelionPowderman

I liked it! thumbs up

Angie
Fool To Cry
Miss You
Emotional Rescue
Rock And A Hard Place
Anybody Seen My Baby
Rain Fall Down
Streets Of Love

cool smiley Little Red Rooster belongs in this list!

Date: January 31, 2019 16:39

duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
keithsman
DandelionPowderman

I liked it! thumbs up

Angie
Fool To Cry
Miss You
Emotional Rescue
Rock And A Hard Place
Anybody Seen My Baby
Rain Fall Down
Streets Of Love

cool smiley Little Red Rooster belongs in this list!

Indeed, and it went straight to #1! smiling smiley

Mick recording??
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:06

Re: Mick recording??
Date: January 30, 2019 21:08

I'm so excited!!! Sounds amazing!!! X2 ;-)

Date: January 30, 2019 21:17

More in the new album thread..

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:34

Not judging Mick's new music but it is miles away from what Keith is into. I wish them good luck at putting their musical tastes together and coming out with new RS's music.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: January 30, 2019 21:41

I hope this stuff it's not for the Stones!

Date: January 30, 2019 21:45

KRiffhard

Why not? Ronnie is playing his ass off here smiling smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:45

good news if or when a new album comes out.

should be a good stones year.

Date: January 30, 2019 21:46

rollmops
Not judging Mick's new music but it is miles away from what Keith is into. I wish them good luck at putting their musical tastes together and coming out with new RS's music.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Keith is definitely into funk. Ronnie, too, as we can hear in this clip smiling smiley

Date: January 30, 2019 21:50

I think that this album will have different styles in their songs, the Stones are versatile

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:51

KRiffhard

Terrible tune.
Jeroen

Date: January 30, 2019 21:59

runrudolph
KRiffhard

Terrible tune.
Jeroen

Mick's solo stuff sad smiley

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:59

It sounds like some beautiful 70s/80s pedestrian stuff.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:30

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard

Why not? Ronnie is playing his ass off here smiling smiley

Is Ronnie on this, or just assume by style?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:34

22 secs.......… Give it a chance …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:44

My impression was not favorable. However, correct about wait and give it a chance.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:51

No no.this is not recording. This is having a laugh at Stones fans who are dying for Killer songs.
And this my friends imo..
Is not a Killer song

Jeroen

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:53

runrudolph
KRiffhard

Terrible tune.
Jeroen

Its seconds of an unfinished tune. What an ignorant statement.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...269270271272273274275276277278279...LastNext
Current Page: 274 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home