Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...267268269270271272273274275276277...LastNext
Current Page: 272 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 28, 2019 22:11

Playing a club show sounds like blah nlah. The other stuff sounds promising.
Jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 29, 2019 08:14

Q: Last winter, you said the Stones would have a new studio album out by the end of the year. How’s that going?

A: Mick (Jagger) and I got together the last few months with (producer) Don Was in the studio, and we’ve been knocking up some ideas. We want to do some more sessions, but not sure when. We might do something in February and March. It’s progressing. All I can say, there are a couple of nice things happening, with the promise of a lot more, and we’re having fun doing it. We get together, and it’s always, ‘Got anything new?’ ‘Did anything else occur?’ And a couple of songs always pop up"
[www.chicagotribune.com]

(..) Richards says it’s “perfect timing” to hit the studio before the tour (...)
but Richards spent his holidays taking stock of the material. He describes the process: “Sometimes it’s not as much writing as listening to what’s been written and figuring it out, and honing and all kinds of stuff.” He trails off and laughs: “It’s very boring. It’s like a carpentry shop.”
[www.rollingstone.com]

Well... it's all very clear to me eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-29 08:30 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 29, 2019 09:24

All this studio talk reminds me of when it transpired that the (post-Rog) Floyd were recording in Dave's houseboat studio, and reportedly someone sent divers with underwater mics to catch some bits of sound. grinning smiley

I guess if you are working for some studio where they are recording or intend to record and you trumpet the news out to the world, that was it for your gig.

Thinking of Bowie's final two albums, there must be ways to keep it secret. I mean, both times it became known that Bowie had been recording only when the albums were done and their impending release was announced. And that they (especially, The Next Day) were made was much more sensational than any new Stones album could ever be.

Date: January 29, 2019 19:48

[youtu.be]
What do you think about this video? In my opinion I really think that the Next album will be amazing, but In the level or Exile On Main St or an new exotic way? Interesting video

Date: January 29, 2019 19:54

I have a feeling about the next album, It will be so amazing!! We must discover in what style it will be done. I'm just so excited my friends!!! The Greatest Rock n' Roll Band In the World! The Next Rolling Stones Album!!! Amazing ;-)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2019 21:07

DiegoGlimmerStones
[youtu.be]
What do you think about this video? In my opinion I really think that the Next album will be amazing, but In the level or Exile On Main St or an new exotic way? Interesting video

"Now of course, this is all conjecture on my part".

If he's not already, he needs to become a member of IORR and contribute to this thread - surely he could help reach the 500 page mark! grinning smiley

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: January 29, 2019 21:26

Will Charlie be attending the sessions?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 29, 2019 21:38

Could Be the first time Keith has commented about the stones legacy and his concern. Compared to Jimmy Page who has protected Led's legacy all these years with his total control.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 29, 2019 21:41

rbp

Hahaha.. since there is no hard evidence, all we can say is that nobody is attending any sessions...

It is a pretty tough and critical crowd here...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 29, 2019 21:47

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
[youtu.be]

If he's not already, he needs to become a member of IORR and contribute to this thread - surely he could help reach the 500 page mark! grinning smiley

Yeah he covered pages 1 thru 272 in just over 4 minutes.....haha

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 29, 2019 23:27

Maindefender
Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
[youtu.be]

Yeah he covered pages 1 thru 272 in just over 4 minutes.....haha

truth!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 30, 2019 00:22

Doxa
rbp

Hahaha.. since there is no hard evidence, all we can say is that nobody is attending any sessions... - Doxa

Maybe Charlie is already there for 3 weeks, checking out the races, feeding the horses ... just another well-dressed elderly gentleman, not sure if any press hack would recognize him ... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-30 04:32 by doitywoik.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 30, 2019 03:31

rbp
Only if Tony Chapman can't make it....

Date: January 30, 2019 21:03

[www.instagram.com] Jagger with new material!!! So groovy and Amazing! 2019 - All about writing, recoring...and a tour ! The Rolling Stones!!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-30 21:07 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: January 30, 2019 21:05

Wow, great! Sounds like Ronnie on guitar thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:06

doitywoik
Doxa
rbp

Hahaha.. since there is no hard evidence, all we can say is that nobody is attending any sessions... - Doxa

Maybe Charlie is already there for 3 weeks, checking out the races, feeding the horses ... just another well-dressed elderly gentleman, not sure if any press hack would recognize him ... winking smiley

If he's well dressed wouldn't he stick out like a sore thumb in LA.....and therefore be easily recognisable?

Date: January 30, 2019 21:07

DandelionPowderman
I'm so excited!!! Sounds amazing!!!

Date: January 30, 2019 21:16

jlowe
doitywoik
Doxa
rbp

If he's well dressed wouldn't he stick out like a sore thumb in LA.....and therefore be easily

Check out the video smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-30 21:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:29

DandelionPowderman

It really does, doesn’t it? thumbs up

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:30

That's a great groove! Almost has an upbeat, calypso/ reggae feel to it

Date: January 30, 2019 21:52

Gaetzi
That's a great groove! Almost has an upbeat, calypso/ reggae feel to it
I agree, amazing!

Date: January 30, 2019 21:53

I don't like it...seems solo stuff thumbs down

Date: January 30, 2019 21:53

terrible tune.
sounds a bit like..oh see us keeping up with the young people.
No, dont like it.
Jeroen

Date: January 30, 2019 21:59

I respect your opinion. If this song Is from the new album will not have problem, they do so much different styles in their songs, the Stones are always versatile. Listen to Rough Justice Doom and Gloom, One More Shot! I really think this will be and amazing album

Date: January 30, 2019 21:59

runrudolph
terrible tune.
sounds a bit like..oh see us keeping up with the young people.
No, dont like it.
Jeroen

thumbs up

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:01

It’s catchy. Maybe it’s one of the Carl Falk confections. Sounds pretty well-developed for a demo: there’s a female vocalist, Ronnie’s definitely on there. But no Charlie (yet). If there’s a lot more like that, it’s at least a partial explanation for why Keith keeps pushing back the timeline. Hope there’s better!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:04

"Really Wanna Tell the Truth" sounds fine to me. Same with the bluesy tune from last year. Looking forward to it.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:14

At least this one's got a groove... a few levels above England's Lost and that other one, but I'd rather have Mick keep it for a solo album, to be honest.

Date: January 30, 2019 22:26

I hope Keef vetos this one. I am not waiting on Micks demos for a Stones album.
Like Lorenz said, let Mick put it on a solo album. I wont buy it.
jeroen

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:45

It's all sunny and breezy now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...267268269270271272273274275276277...LastNext
Current Page: 272 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10