Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...191192193194195196197198199200201...LastNext
Current Page: 196 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Date: September 6, 2018 15:07

Cristiano Radtke
KeithNacho
Vicente Carrillo is a luthiere from Casasimarro, Cuenca, Spain
Viva España!!!!

Q1

[www.instagram.com]

Love the whiskey-pic in the background! grinning smiley

Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 6, 2018 15:56

Were these pics posted on line after micks harmonica clip? I couldn’t see a date on the Instagram. If so then it confirms my suspicions that something may be coming up sooner than later. These guys no how to market like no other. Jagger and Richards never post musical stuff unless it’s business. Jagger posts pics a lot but it’s always like standing in front of a sacred monument, but never just jamming for pleasure. No one really knows how much they’ve completed on this album. It could be 90% done. They have top security and for all we know could’ve recorded tracks all along at jaggers home in France etc etc. We just don’t know

Date: September 6, 2018 16:06

Bashlets
Were these pics posted on line after micks harmonica clip? I couldn’t see a date on the Instagram. If so then it confirms my suspicions that something may be coming up sooner than later. These guys no how to market like no other. Jagger and Richards never post musical stuff unless it’s business. Jagger posts pics a lot but it’s always like standing in front of a sacred monument, but never just jamming for pleasure. No one really knows how much they’ve completed on this album. It could be 90% done. They have top security and for all we know could’ve recorded tracks all along at jaggers home in France etc etc. We just don’t know

Pics (and a video of Keith playing the blues) was posted a while ago - when Keith received the guitars.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 6, 2018 16:38

Vicente Carrillo gave Keith that 10 string in Marseille.

[iorr.org]

Clip of him playing it at a NYC studio was posted two weeks ago.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: September 6, 2018 22:01

So did no one see Mick's little fb video post "Harmonica playing on new tunes"? I came here thinking there's be some more info but didn't see anything. Could it be for the new Stones album? Hope so!

Date: September 6, 2018 22:25

Mick's clip was posted a few pages back and subsequently discussed for a couple more...

[iorr.org]

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 11, 2018 06:03

bye bye johnny
Mick's clip was posted a few pages back and subsequently discussed for a couple more...

[iorr.org]

Is the clip only available from twitter or can it be found also elsewhere? The twitter clip doesn't play for me. sad smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 11, 2018 06:57

Here's the clip itself: Mick harmonica

And to add to the speculation, I just stumbled upon this youtube character "Anthony OnAir" who makes the case why this is definitely related to a new album.

Rolling Stones New Album

"It seems obvious that The Rolling Stones are recording some new material!
Exhibit A, finds us in a living room with Mick Jagger recording some harmonica!
We go over everything else we know so far as we piece together the new Rolling Stones project"!
- Anthony OnAir

IanBillen, is that you? smiling smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 11, 2018 14:54

if they record it as a band the way they did B & L the authenticity will jump out and the record will be great...they are one of the greatest live bands ever....I hope they capture that energy again for this new record..

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 11, 2018 15:20

I'm not sure if that harmonica clip is for a Stones record or another project. Whatever it is I like the sound.

Date: September 11, 2018 20:04

Rip This
if they record it as a band the way they did B & L the authenticity will jump out and the record will be great...they are one of the greatest live bands ever....I hope they capture that energy again for this new record..

That is the number one hope for me. And while Keith's Crosseyed Heart wasn't quite as "live" sounding and spur of the moment as B&L, the production was very low key without any bells and whistles, and the results were exceptional. If they can continue the trend that started with Crosseyed Heart and Blue and Lonesome, we might get a winner. But then there was the detour of GettaGrip/England Lost...not the best example of making soemthing sound spur of the moment and live.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 11, 2018 20:14

Rip This

But this was Mick playing harp in his living room, which the guy on You Tube says is definitive proof that the Stones are working on a new album, because according to him they don't even have to set foot in the same room to do a new album. I'm with you. If it does have anything to do with a new Stones song, hopefully it's just Mick practicing for when they get together to actually record, not what Anthony/Ian said.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 11, 2018 20:31

Wasn’t it Keith or Don Was who said it’d be great if they knew the songs and then recorded them live as a band for the upcoming album? Maybe these are the rough demos and if they have 9 or 10 good songs cut them quickly. Don’t know but I do like the idea

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 11, 2018 20:49

A done deal?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 12, 2018 02:32

Hairball

And to add to the speculation, I just stumbled upon this youtube character "Anthony OnAir" who makes the case why this is definitely related to a new album.

Rolling Stones New Album

Thanks, Hairball! thumbs up
Sounds good! (Still hope the song doesn't go on like this for 6 minutes, though ... winking smiley )

Hairball

Yeah, either it's Ian, or Ian wrote the script! smiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 12, 2018 23:46

You do have to worry about them all recording their separate parts from far flung outposts. Remember the Ben Waters 'Watching The River Flow' cut from a few years back, WITH Bill on bass? There was no cohesiveness to the sound.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 13, 2018 00:28

My understanding is this is just overdubbing. That shouldn't result in the piecemeal feel of "Watching the River Flow" or some of the awkwardness of the EXILE RARITIES. Ronnie, Keith, and Mick have all done overdubbing in recent months. We should know more soon. If not, Rockman can always share more screengrabs from his special edition of PERFORMANCE.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2018 00:36

Four bob mate ……………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 13, 2018 01:01

Hairball

Rolling Stones New Album

We go over everything else we know so far as we piece together the new Rolling Stones project"!
- Anthony OnAir

love it!

loved the dude's enthusiasm.

To challenge the DJ, the reasons why it won't be their best album ever...

1. Their writing chops aren't what they once were. We could get lucky, but we'd have to be really lucky.
2. Their performance of the music, while still great, will be hard to compete with versions of themselves from 40 or 30 or 20 years ago.

In the past, they could take an average song and squeeze every last drop of flavour out of it. Not sure they can pull that off anymore, which of course means that the writing would have to compensate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 01:07 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 16, 2018 20:06

Hairball

Rolling Stones New Album

- Anthony OnAir

Ha!! (jus seeing this). No it isn't. As this individual sort of states .. he or she is only speculating and trying to piece it together like the rest of us as you know.

Still .. I am quite sure the plan is concrete to finish and release an album to have in conjunction with an American tour next year.

Now that I watch it he states it's possible it could be the best album they ever did? Well now... that is one erm ....Talllllllllll Order there, my friend (as you know) .. lol. Hell I'd call it a music miracle .. Still .. I am really looking forward to seeing what the heck it is or what they came up with.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-16 20:28 by IanBillen.

Date: September 16, 2018 20:27

IanBillen
As this individual sort of states .. he or she is only speculating and trying to piece it together like the rest of us as you know.

Still .. I am quite sure the plan is concrete to finish and release an album to have in conjunction with an American tour next year.

He or she? Did you watch Anthony OnAir's video?

As for the plan, most recent word is from band manager Joyce Smyth:

"They are certainly hoping to create some new music, maybe looking at some other genres. They’re creative people. They’re in a little bit of a holiday period at the minute, but they hope to be back in the studio soon, watch this space."

[www.musicbusinessworldwide.com]

Date: September 16, 2018 20:30

bye bye johnny
IanBillen
As this individual sort of states .. he or she is only speculating and trying to piece it together like the rest of us as you know.

"They are certainly hoping to create some new music, maybe looking at some other genres. They’re creative people. They’re in a little bit of a holiday period at the minute, but they hope to be back in the studio soon, watch this space."

Yes I saw that. As well Soldatti got word from Universal that they have studio time booked for this fall. Also an American tour is being talked about / discussed. Everything seems in line for them to do it.

Date: September 16, 2018 20:45

IanBillen
bye bye johnny
IanBillen

Yes I saw that. As well Soldatti got word from Universal that they have studio time booked for this fall. Also an American tour is being talked about / discussed. Everything seems in line for them to do it.

Fingers crosses they can finally make it happen Ian! smileys with beer

Almost 14 years since a new album of originals is almost inconceivable in this day and age, and to think the Beatles' entire recording career was about half of that time.
And look at what the Stones did in their first 14 or 15 years as a band!!! From blues covers, to classic Brian era tunes, to the big 4 golden era, to Some Girls...incredible.

Date: September 16, 2018 20:58

IanBillen

As well Soldatti got word from Universal that they have studio time booked for this fall. Also an American tour is being talked about / discussed. Everything seems in line for them to do it.

georgelicks did indeed post that info...three months ago. The Joyce Smyth interview was published August 28.

More recent things - like Mick's film role, for instance - might have altered those recording plans.

In fairness to georgelicks, that full post is below:

"Yes, but the album is not a priority for them, it will get done eventually but no one is losing any sleep over it, the general public could care less about a new Stones album, the band won't tour behind any new stuff either.

Blue and Lonesome was a surprise hit on physical sales, it was released during Christmas time and many people bought it as gift, also a covers album has more potential audience out there than an album of new material, but neither the band or Universal will milk that cow again so soon, the album is still a steady catalog seller, about 3-5k worldwide each week, that's more than any of their studio albums and more than any of their albums except Hot Rocks or Jump Back.

After the tour, they will take 3-4 months off at least, after that some studio time is booked, but touring is always the #1 priority (after family of course), any studio activity will get postponed if they want to tour again.

Universal's $2 million advance for a new album in 2017 has no deadline on it, just like Virgin's 3 albums deal from 1991, so the new album could be done in 2019 or 2020.

One thing is sure, some people here (not many actually) is more anxious about a new album than the Stones themselves, after 56+ years, 25 studio albums and a catalog of over 400 recorded songs, any new stuff from them is a bonus."

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-16 21:40 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 17, 2018 00:14

Didn't remember that $2 million advance for a new record, why they heck did they need that money ? To afford studio time ?

Anyway unless Keith backs down from his stance that "productivity don't mean shit" (i.e. I'm not putting my name on Mick's demos like I did for ABcool smiley and "we need to sit down and write songs together" (something it's safe to assume hasn't happened if not Keith would have been only to happy to trumpet it out) there won't be any new album. And since no one apart from us cares about a new album, as georgelicks correctly spells it out, and they don't need a new album to rake it in with their shows, well, draw your own conclusions !

The only question is when Mick will get tired of this and release 12 of the 65 demos he's been piling up since 2005 ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 17, 2018 01:16

gotdablouse
Didn't remember that $2 million advance for a new record, why they heck did they need that money ? To afford studio time ?

Anyway unless Keith backs down from his stance that "productivity don't mean shit" (i.e. I'm not putting my name on Mick's demos like I did for ABcool smiley and "we need to sit down and write songs together" (something it's safe to assume hasn't happened if not Keith would have been only to happy to trumpet it out) there won't be any new album. And since no one apart from us cares about a new album, as georgelicks correctly spells it out, and they don't need a new album to rake it in with their shows, well, draw your own conclusions !

The only question is when Mick will get tired of this and release 12 of the 65 demos he's been piling up since 2005 ;-)

They (Keith and Mick) have already met to write songs a few times for this record.

Date: September 17, 2018 01:18

bye bye johnny
IanBillen

I did .. but I had a few tabs open doing some work on my website. I watched it after and filled in the post here.

Date: September 17, 2018 01:38

gotdablouse

An 'advance' is to pay for studio time and hiring session musicians/engineers etc. It pays for the recording cost of the album. It is a 'loan' and normally the band pays that back out of mechanical royalties (album/download sales). However, in the Stones case with a band of their success, they may not have to pay all or any of it of it back.

However Universal gave up a couple million for it .. They are going to WANT their album.

As I said here a while ok .. it's ok for me not only want an album .. but it's fair for me to gripe about not having one or getting word on when it's coming.
Ya'll can say this or that in anything is a bonus at this point and I truly
agree .. however at the same time consider this:

1. The last time I checked.. The Rolling Stones are not retired .. ..

2. They talk about it and keep saying one is in the making for a long time
right?

3. They have time to do all kinds of other things.. with The Rolling Stones
and without. Relaxation or lack of personal time is not / was never an issue.

4. Lastly ... they took the dough, didn't they? .. .. ....

There ya have it. I have every right to gripe winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-17 01:42 by IanBillen.

Date: September 17, 2018 01:54

24FPS
You do have to worry about them all recording their separate parts from far flung outposts. Remember the Ben Waters 'Watching The River Flow' cut from a few years back, WITH Bill on bass? There was no cohesiveness to the sound.

I've been in the studio where people do parts at home or demos at home. It
does not degrade the cohesiveness if it's done correctly. It's the arrangement that can alter the cohesiveness. Look at I'ts Only rock n roll the song itself.
That was very much a piecemeal project and was not recorded live. Different bit's were taken at different times, even. Look at the end result.

It <can> have an effect on things.. but it doesn't have to. Professional musicians do this stuff regularly. They write parts.. record demo's.. do bits at home... It's part of recording in 2018.

You really should not be concerned with this at all. The only two things you should be concerned about is 1. The songwriting 2. Their performances in the recording process. The engineers will handle the rest .. believe me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-17 01:55 by IanBillen.

Date: September 17, 2018 04:37

bye bye johnny
IanBillen

As well Soldatti got word from Universal that they have studio time booked for this fall. Also an American tour is being talked about / discussed. Everything seems in line for them to do it.

georgelicks did indeed post that info...three months ago. The Joyce Smyth interview was published August 28.

More recent things - like Mick's film role, for instance - might have altered those recording plans.

In fairness to georgelicks, that full post is below:

"Yes, but the album is not a priority for them, it will get done eventually but no one is losing any sleep over it, the general public could care less about a new Stones album, the band won't tour behind any new stuff either.

Blue and Lonesome was a surprise hit on physical sales, it was released during Christmas time and many people bought it as gift, also a covers album has more potential audience out there than an album of new material, but neither the band or Universal will milk that cow again so soon, the album is still a steady catalog seller, about 3-5k worldwide each week, that's more than any of their studio albums and more than any of their albums except Hot Rocks or Jump Back.

After the tour, they will take 3-4 months off at least, after that some studio time is booked, but touring is always the #1 priority (after family of course), any studio activity will get postponed if they want to tour again.

Universal's $2 million advance for a new album in 2017 has no deadline on it, just like Virgin's 3 albums deal from 1991, so the new album could be done in 2019 or 2020.

One thing is sure, some people here (not many actually) is more anxious about a new album than the Stones themselves, after 56+ years, 25 studio albums and a catalog of over 400 recorded songs, any new stuff from them is a bonus."

[iorr.org]

Good old georgelicks telling it like it is....

It's only been two months since the tour has been over, so I suspect they're still enjoying their vacations and family time which could then be extended through the Christmas holidays.
And now with rumours of US tour heating up, wondering if this will jeopardize their tentative plans to get back together as a band in the studio as "any studio activity will get postponed if they want to tour again" according to georgelicks. Nice to see those recent twitter clips and/or pics of them by themselves in separate studios as it does add some excitement, but in reality we have no idea what that was all about.

EDIT - Just saw the latest rumour/thread that they'll be playing in NY this Fall. > NYC 2018
If true, don't count on a new album any time soon unfortunately...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-17 04:41 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...191192193194195196197198199200201...LastNext
Current Page: 196 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home