Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...188189190191192193194195196197198...LastNext
Current Page: 193 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 30, 2018 23:47

bv
This thread started in 2016. I have made the thread title generic, so that it will still work next year, and the year after.

Seems like a wise decision! winking smiley

Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 31, 2018 01:16

The new thread title makes sense.

Good for now and for all time.

The question mark reflects the situation -- perpetually up in the air.

Even if they do release a new original album, the thread title will still apply.

Because fans will speculate on a possible follow-up.

And so on, and so on...

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 31, 2018 01:28

yeh yeh sure one in the hopper and another in spring.
got it covered.
an 'in.'
that's enough for now.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: August 31, 2018 04:42

Palace Revolution 2000
I so do hope that the Stones record this freakin album; as to validate almost 200 pages of this thread. And that IanBillen gets a credit on the album sleeve.
I just stopped caring..

Date: August 31, 2018 04:43

bv
bam
On page 140, I suggested:
“Perhaps bv or the thread originator can change the name to another Stones studio album in 2023.”
I’m afraid that may still be as good a guess as any.

This thread started in 2016. I have made the thread title generic, so that it will still work next year, and the year after.
I just stopped caring

Date: August 31, 2018 04:46

bv
There is nothing between the lines of what I am saying. All I am saying is the album will be here eventually.
I just stopped...oh what's the use....who gives a "moody smiley><%$^# at this point...

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 31, 2018 20:38

It's being too long because they are working hard in those new tunes and re doing lots of material from the vaults from the Pathe Marconi. This will result in a five cd pack
Well, that's my dream

Date: September 3, 2018 16:01

diverseharmonics
bv
bam
On page 140, I suggested:
“Perhaps bv or the thread originator can change the name to another Stones studio album in 2023.”
I’m afraid that may still be as good a guess as any.

I just stopped caring

LOFL!!

p.s. lol

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 3, 2018 21:46

If you stopped caring, you wouldn't have bothered to note it.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 4, 2018 00:07

New album in December next year for sure...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 4, 2018 01:03

diverseharmonics
bv
There is nothing between the lines of what I am saying. All I am saying is the album will be here eventually.
I just stopped...oh what's the use....who gives a "moody smiley><%$^# at this point...
As Mick Jagger says "Back to it"....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 4, 2018 13:45

Harmonica playing on new tunes !

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 4, 2018 15:25

mtaylor

As Mick Jagger says "Back to it"....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Next Album of SuperHeavy .... winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 4, 2018 21:11

Mick Jagger Tears it Up on Harmonica in 'New Tunes' Tease: Watch

9/4/2018 by Starr Bowenbank

Dave J Hogan/Getty Images for The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones photographed on Oct. 25, 2017 in Paris.

Mick Jagger uploaded a video of him tearing it up on the harmonica in the studio on Tuesday (Sept. 4), providing fresh hope for Rolling Stones fans that new music is coming. The video, which features Jagger wailing on bluesy jam on harmonica in what appears to be a home studio is captioned "new tunes" and also shows a computer with recording software open as he plays.

The teaser sparked further speculation that Jagger and the Stones are in the process of working on a follow-up to the band's 2016 covers collection, Blue & Lonesome. A new Stones album will mark the band's first disc of original material in 13 years.

In 2017, Stones guitarist Keith Richards held an "Ask Keith Richards" YouTube segment, where he was asked by a fan if he was inspired to get back in the studio with the Stones to begin recording, to which Richard replied "Yes, yes, we are -- very, very shortly."

Check out Jagger's harmonica playing in the post below.

[twitter.com]

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 4, 2018 22:11

Despite what some are speculating in this thread > Mick playing harmonica - "may be a solo project hes working on", "looks more and more like he's teasing for a solo project indeed", etc., I have a strong feeling this may be work for a new Stones album. Hard to say really based on the vagueness of the quote from Mick - "Harmonica playing on new tunes", and it could go either way I suppose, but something tells me this could be the real deal for the album we've all been waiting for. What the world needs now is a new Stones album of original material, and my only hope is that Keith gets on board with this!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 4, 2018 22:37

Hairball
Despite what some are speculating in this thread > Mick playing harmonica - "may be a solo project hes working on", "looks more and more like he's teasing for a solo project indeed", etc., I have a strong feeling this may be work for a new Stones album. Hard to say really based on the vagueness of the quote from Mick - "Harmonica playing on new tunes", and it could go either way I suppose, but something tells me this could be the real deal for the album we've all been waiting for. What the world needs now is a new Stones album of original material, and my only hope is that Keith gets on board with this!

thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 5, 2018 00:44

bye bye johnny
Mick Jagger Tears it Up on Harmonica in 'New Tunes' Tease: Watch

9/4/2018 by Starr Bowenbank

Dave J Hogan/Getty Images for The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones photographed on Oct. 25, 2017 in Paris.

Mick Jagger uploaded a video of him tearing it up on the harmonica in the studio on Tuesday (Sept. 4), providing fresh hope for Rolling Stones fans that new music is coming. The video, which features Jagger wailing on bluesy jam on harmonica in what appears to be a home studio is captioned "new tunes" and also shows a computer with recording software open as he plays.

The teaser sparked further speculation that Jagger and the Stones are in the process of working on a follow-up to the band's 2016 covers collection, Blue & Lonesome. A new Stones album will mark the band's first disc of original material in 13 years.

In 2017, Stones guitarist Keith Richards held an "Ask Keith Richards" YouTube segment, where he was asked by a fan if he was inspired to get back in the studio with the Stones to begin recording, to which Richard replied "Yes, yes, we are -- very, very shortly."

Check out Jagger's harmonica playing in the post below.

[twitter.com]

[www.billboard.com]

*nice write up he was tearing it up on harmonica I played it 10x and it’s jammin
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: September 5, 2018 02:59

Rocky Dijon
Aww rats....you're right.....sigh....gimmie a Stones LP please

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 5, 2018 03:09

Hairball

"I have a strong feeling this may be work for a new Stones album."

Ummmmmm?..Like .... Is this really Mr. Hairball writing (or did someone hijack his account!? grinning smiley )

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 5, 2018 04:12

diverseharmonics
Rocky Dijon
Aww rats....you're right.....sigh....gimmie a Stones LP please

Don't feel bad. We're all addicts.

Date: September 5, 2018 04:22

IanBillen
Hairball

Ummmmmm?..Like .... Is this really Mr. Hairball writing (or did someone hijack his account!? grinning smiley )

Haha - I thought I'd try a role reversal with you Ian for a change due to all the uncertainty and monotony of this thread.
This time me being overly optimistic (and maybe unrealistic), while you being the level headed skeptic/cynic.

As you wrote in the other thread:

"May not be from a song they pick .. It may not make the cut... it could be a warm up? So let's not count on it"....

Sounds just like something I would have said, and probably have said a thousand times throughout this thread!
Maybe we've influenced each other, but instead of meeting in the middle, we've gone to opposite extremes!

OK back to reality - new album coming in 2020 at the earliest, with a new tour of the US coming up in the Spring/Summer of 2019...
Meanwhile, Mick is farting around in his studio claiming to be working on new material.

smileys with beer

Date: September 5, 2018 05:52

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball

Haha - I thought I'd try a role reversal with you Ian for a change due to all the uncertainty and monotony of this thread.
This time me being overly optimistic (and maybe unrealistic), while you being the level headed skeptic/cynic.

"May not be from a song they pick .. It may not make the cut... it could be a warm up? So let's not count on it"....

Sounds just like something I would have said, and probably have said a thousand times throughout this thread!
Maybe we've influenced each other, but instead of meeting in the middle, we've gone to opposite extremes!

OK back to reality - new album coming in 2020 at the earliest, with a new tour of the US coming up in the Spring/Summer of 2019...
Meanwhile, Mick is farting around in his studio claiming to be working on new material.

smileys with beer

Ha!! Ikr. Great response (as usual).

In all seriousness I do think it is for a new Stones album .. and I do think it will be out in 2019. The message is obvious .. they know we want a new Stones album and yes .. Keith and Micks latest social media posts have <purposefully> teased us .. to the point of them being strategically timed.

This song or whatever he is working on means little though. While I do think they have the basis and an ample amount of material to finish complete an album at this point (Id HOPE .. yikes)... this snip could be the start of something .. they may not use it .. it could be nothing but filler between other takes (I would think they would keep the goody tracks unexposed at this point and time). Seriously doubt Mick would post a sneak peak of their strongest track they got in the can or in progress at this point and time anyway.

Date: September 5, 2018 06:03

naw, but cheer up! there's plans to do Between The Buttons live, at The Fonda in Febraury! I'm there this time dudes

Date: September 5, 2018 06:21

We need to hear from Keith again soon!

Date: September 5, 2018 07:46

Hairball
We need to hear from Keith again soon!

Keith is there ..

Naaa .. kiddin ... I have no idea either way ... but my guess is prolly not (...this isn't the sessions for A Bigger Bang)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-05 07:47 by IanBillen.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 5, 2018 09:48

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball

smileys with beer

In all seriousness I do think it is for a new Stones album .. and I do think it will be out in 2019. The message is obvious .. they know we want a new Stones album and yes .. Keith and Micks latest social media posts have teased us .. to the point of them being strategically timed.

This song or whatever he is working on means little though. While I do think they have the basis and an ample amount of material to finish complete an album at this point (Id HOPE .. yikes)... this snip could be the start of something .. they may not use it .. it could be nothing but filler between other takes (I would think they would keep the goody tracks unexposed at this point and time). Seriously doubt Mick would post a sneak peak of their strongest track they got in the can or in progress at this point and time anyway.

Xmas 2018 should be a better decision than Spring 2019.
Hundreds of thousand people would buy the new album as a Xmas gift.

Date: September 5, 2018 10:20

marquess
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball

smileys with beer

In all seriousness I do think it is for a new Stones album .. and I do think it will be out in 2019. The message is obvious .. they know we want a new Stones album and yes .. Keith and Micks latest social media posts have teased us .. to the point of them being strategically timed.

Xmas 2018 should be a better decision than Spring 2019.
Hundreds of thousand people would buy the new album as a Xmas gift.

Not gonna happen. I (and the rest of the world) don't want The Stones to turn into the Christmas album band ... Blue & Lonesome was special in that regard. Lets leave that record be .. That was one album .. this is another.

As well . they would have to release the thing in like short three months.. that's not gonna happen... Probably not even possible with how far along they are.

Ian

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: September 5, 2018 13:26

Any suggestions about Album Title?

Here a few thoughts:

- At Last We Did It Again

- Final Sessions 2016-2018 (3CD Box)

- It's Only Main Street Shuffle.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 5, 2018 13:35

Come on boys, writte wathever you want to reach 200 pages of uncertain thread
Long live rock and roll and the Stones

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 5, 2018 17:06

This band is media savvy. They would not even entertain the idea of showing themselves with instruments etc unless there starting the hype. I find these types of musical posts totally different than when Jagger poses in front of the Great Wall of China etc. we have now seen 2 clips of mick and a clip of Keith in the last 3 weeks or so “ back at it”. Theyre. Starting the hype machine I reckon and we really have no idea what they’ve done or haven’t done on this. These sessions could go back as far as 2012 when they did Doom and Gloom for all we know. Just saying

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...188189190191192193194195196197198...LastNext
Current Page: 193 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home