Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 3, 2017 19:14

Thanks BV! And now this thread is a sticky!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 3, 2017 19:50

bv
I do know for a fact they have been working with the new studio album recently. Recordings are just as good as rehearsals. If everything is going well then "NO FILTER" will have more than one meaning later this year.

good news. A new album might explain the tour name, too. I really hope they release the new album before the tour and we'll hear some new songs during the tour

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 3, 2017 19:58

Maybe a big press conference in Hamburg before the tour starts to present the new CD and a new song ON A FLATBED TRUCK - it is about time!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 3, 2017 20:00

schwonek
Maybe a big press conference in Hamburg before the tour starts to present the new CD and a new song ON A FLATBED TRUCK - it is about time!

I'd prefer a warm-up club show at Grosse Freiheit or Docks

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 3, 2017 20:19

A nice signal by BV!thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: June 3, 2017 22:20

thumbs up

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 3, 2017 23:14

Keith has been in a London Studio this week and will be next week .

sc uk

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 3, 2017 23:27

Woooo woooo. drinking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2017 23:32

Great news! thumbs up

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 3, 2017 23:36

Excellent news - made my day!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 3, 2017 23:57

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 4, 2017 00:08

Very interesting news!!! :-D

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 4, 2017 05:58

if it's as good as Crosseyed I'll be thrilled.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 4, 2017 09:42

Very good news indeed! A new album is necessary. I hope to listen to the new single this summer before the European tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2017 11:18

Bashlets
if it's as good as Crosseyed I'll be thrilled.

thumbs up

Another album in 2017?
Date: June 4, 2017 11:34

slewan
schwonek

I'd prefer a warm-up club show at Grosse Freiheit or Docks
Fantastic ideas smileys with beer!!! A combination of both would be perfect drinking smiley!!!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 4, 2017 12:18

I hope it is going to be BETTER than Crosseyed Heart.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 4, 2017 12:50

Monsoon Ragoon

The thing that people get thrilled by meeting the standard of CROSSEYED HEART just says how low the expectations are these days...

Seriously (or not), Keith's album is altogether a different animal than a Rolling Stones album (unless one thinks that Keith Richards is The Rolling Stones). My wish is that the new album might continue from where they left us in BLUE & LONESOME, keeping some of that band feel and focus alive we haven't heard for decades. That compansates the probable lack of extra quality in song-writing. But who knows, Mick might have after two decades or so found a new gear in his songwriting, and among his 40 demos there are some real gems, and Keith's three riffs are so dynamite as he claims, inspiring Mick, with him, to write wonderfully finished tunes out of them.... winking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-04 12:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 4, 2017 13:09

Doxa
Monsoon Ragoon

The thing that people get thrilled by meeting the standard of CROSSEYED HEART just says how low the expectations are these days...

Seriously (or not), Keith's album is altogether a different animal than a Rolling Stones album (unless one thinks that Keith Richards is The Rolling Stones). My wish is that the new album might continue from where they left us in BLUE & LONESOME, keeping some of that band feel and focus alive we haven't heard for decades. That compansates the probable lack of extra quality in song-writing. But who knows, Mick might have after two decades or so found a new gear in his songwriting, and among his 40 demos there are some real gems, and Keith's three riffs are so dynamite as he claims, inspiring Mick, with him, to write wonderfully finished tunes out of them.... winking smiley

- Doxa

Yeah. I don't know the material, but if No Filter is the album it sounds promising. What could be meant: "not overproduced"? I hope so.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 4, 2017 13:30

Monsoon Ragoon

It's been a great 5 year period for the band and us with a watershed album to boot.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: June 4, 2017 14:43

Can confirm this, too.

Date: June 4, 2017 16:12

Doxa

My wish is that the new album might continue from where they left us in BLUE & LONESOME, keeping some of that band feel and focus alive we haven't heard for decades.

- Doxa

Don't you care about decent lead guitar skills? That's half the Stones.
I haven't heard it since they became old farts - was it 1974?

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 4, 2017 16:48

As excited as I am about a new album, Im not looking forward to people complaining that its not as good as Exile, Some Girls etc.. Ive personally enjoyed the majority of each of their albums and accept that they can't return to 70s form again. Just enjoy it and be thankful they still are making music

Date: June 4, 2017 17:15

Compare it to boxing then. Are you interested in the matches Ali did post'75? At least that's my perception when it comes to Stones music.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 4, 2017 18:05

bv
I do know for a fact they have been working with the new studio album recently. Recordings are just as good as rehearsals. If everything is going well then "NO FILTER" will have more than one meaning later this year.

Thanks BV!!
smileys with beer

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: June 4, 2017 19:26

KRiffhard
bv

Thanks BV!!
smileys with beer

I also have a hunch No Filter will be the title of the new album! smiling smiley

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 4, 2017 19:30

Monsoon Ragoon
Doxa
Monsoon Ragoon

- Doxa

Yeah. I don't know the material, but if No Filter is the album it sounds promising. What could be meant: "not overproduced"? I hope so.

What did this "not over produced" comment come from? I haven't read this anywhere.

Rod

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 4, 2017 20:30

Doxa
Monsoon Ragoon

- Doxa

Yes, the optimum would be to continue where they left off from Blues and Lonesome with simple production and a band feel, which is why I look at Blue and Lonesome as a follow up to Crosseyed Heart. B&L has simple and minimal production, yet without any originals, and whether anyone likes Crosseyed Heart or not, the influences seem obvious on B&L. Gotta give credit where credits due! They're all tied together be it solo or band, and the evolution carries through towards future work. Hopefully Micks 40 demos are worthy , but with the help of some of Keith's dynamite riffs they might turn out to be truly Stonesy. winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 4, 2017 20:50

Maybe they will record at the Ziggodome! winking smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 4, 2017 21:33

Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon

It's been a great 5 year period for the band and us with a watershed album to boot.

Indeed a watershed. Surely their best since Exile

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home