Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 6, 2017 08:52

Rocky Dijon
IanBillen
Oh I get it.. BV meant their recordings are solid .. ready ..like the songs and band got em down! .. Thanks.. I read that now.

Yes Mr. Rocky Sa .. it has gotten closer... it has changed .. by what BV said. There is a tentative projected Time Frame of release Mr. Man (this early autumn). Before the last day or two nobody knew when they were going to release it .. many speculated some time probably next year possibly. Many speculated they were at odds and couldnt agree on the material itself .. and attributed to that as why it had no release time frame or why we haven't heard anything about it recently.

As well he said recordings are going great in so many words and they most likely are looking to release it with, in, or around the No Filter tour ..

I think to all of us that means there is something starting to build more concrete in terms of a release time frame and the album is coming closer in it having a completion / release time frame (that is the first we heard of that part since they started the new material in December of 2015).. Wouldn't ya agree?

No, I guess I don't agree. Not trying to be a naysayer. I thought Bjornulf's only nugget of information was IF the new album is ready LATER THIS YEAR, it MIGHT share the same title as the European tour. That strikes me as peculiar since the tour has been announced already with all the requisite links and then the album if ready will be called the same thing seems like an afterthought. That said, the info about recordings - they're back in the studio in June and hope to release it later this year IF all goes well - is the same information Soldatti had from his source at Universal. That's been the plan. All the rest of it is speculation whether saying it's scrapped or whether saying it's coming in September or October. The only interesting bit is the Sympathy for the Devils site whose source told them the album wasn't something to discuss at present. That seems right given they announced the tour dates and name with no mention of the album. Now it seems they're making another stab at getting it together this year. We'll see. Christmas still seems the most likely release date. Just my opinion, of course.

Well before two days ago we had that the album had been scrapped .. to they aren't planning on releasing it this year.. to Mick and Keith can't agree on the material .. to they cannot write good material anymore .... to there is no release time frame on the horizon .. ...

>> Now we have the album and recordings are going well and they are in the studio working on it right now and later this year there should be a release (if all goes as planned). I'd say that is a big jump closer than not even knowing when or ..<IF>... they were going to complete it and release it and if so having no idea when.

I agree that if BV is hinting at the notion they will name the tour the same thing (not sure he means 100% exactly that .....but if he does) .. I think that is stupid as well... >>> Oh the tour is on or over and by the way here is the album with the same title? That is bad marketing ...and would be pretty underwhelming as The New Rolling Stones Album ... (why not just name it Steel Wheels II or Blue and Lonesome Part 2 or something if thats the case... isn't much different IMO lol smh).

Naming the album 'No Filter' .. is far too close to No Security IMO and naming it that WELL AFTER a tour has been planned or started named that same title is stupid IMO.

My guess is the album will be called something different when it comes (lets hope).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-06 08:58 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 6, 2017 10:16

The progress on the new album(plus Ronnie's surgery) could be the reason for the tour delay. Set list might include both Blue & Lonesome and No Filter cuts!!?? eye popping smiley>grinning smiley<

Date: June 6, 2017 11:26

Maindefender
The progress on the new album(plus Ronnie's surgery) could be the reason for the tour delay. Set list might include both Blue & Lonesome and No Filter cuts!!?? eye popping smiley>grinning smiley<

thumbs up

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: June 6, 2017 12:55

I hope they will issue something from the No Filter tour (DVD, CD etc...).

A new album in August and a DVD from the No Filter tour (Paris please...) in November sounds perfect to me.

I hope for something new in this tour (who knows), at least Mick to change his t-shirt :

Please Mick, give up that ugly black t-shirt you wear at the end of the show !!
It does not fit well to a elegant man like you... put something more colorful, a tongue and lips tee-shirt is perfect.

I think we should start a new thread :

MICK, GIVE UP YOUR (UGLY) BLACK T-SHIRT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-06 12:55 by RiffKichards.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 6, 2017 12:55

DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

thumbs up

One of each max and only for the first few shows, you won't be hearing any Blue and Lonesome tracks by the time the Paris shows come around

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 6, 2017 13:26

Rollin92
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

thumbs up

One of each max and only for the first few shows, you won't be hearing any Blue and Lonesome tracks by the time the Paris shows come around

Why? I guess we'll see.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 6, 2017 13:52

RiffKichards
I hope they will issue something from the No Filter tour (DVD, CD etc...).

A new album in August and a DVD from the No Filter tour (Paris please...) in November sounds perfect to me.

I hope for something new in this tour (who knows), at least Mick to change his t-shirt :

Please Mick, give up that ugly black t-shirt you wear at the end of the show !!
It does not fit well to a elegant man like you... put something more colorful, a tongue and lips tee-shirt is perfect.

I think we should start a new thread :

MICK, GIVE UP YOUR (UGLY) BLACK T-SHIRT.

He already gave it up on the desert trip/vegas shows.

Hauke Jürgensen

BV

But the tour announcement said that for the next tour there will be a brand new production used and that means everything will be different. Stage, clothes, set list, ... so I'm really excited winking smiley

Date: June 6, 2017 13:52

Rollin92
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

thumbs up

It's time to break that pattern?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2017 19:05

Rollin92
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

thumbs up

My thoughts as well. And after that, the newest tune they'll play will be Mixed Emotions like they did at Desert Trip.
And if you're lucky, they may surprise with another Beatles cover. winking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 6, 2017 22:19

Hairball
Rollin92
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

thumbs up

My thoughts as well. And after that, the newest tune they'll play will be Mixed Emotions like they did at Desert Trip.
And if you're lucky, they may surprise with another Beatles cover. winking smiley

You are telling yourself that Hairball cuz it's the first RS tour you're not doing in awhile ;-)
kidding kidding but never say never...

Date: June 7, 2017 00:38

35love
Hairball
Rollin92
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

thumbs up

You are telling yourself that Hairball cuz it's the first RS tour you're not doing in awhile ;-)
kidding kidding but never say never...

No, no, no...just stating the facts! smiling smiley

For all we know, the No Filter tour might make it's way back to the States, and if so I might go if it's at town near me, and I can get in for cheap like Vegas!
Off the top of my head, can't rcall exact details, but I bought a pair of floor seats in Vegas for less than $250 the day before the show in stubhub.
And we know what the Desert Trip situation turned out to be like - 3 day Pit Passes going for as low as $300 in the week leading up to the show.

So long story short, if they come back I will see them, but will only pay what I think is reasonable.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 7, 2017 00:45

IanBillen
Well before two days ago we had that the album had been scrapped .. to they aren't planning on releasing it this year.. to Mick and Keith can't agree on the material .. to they cannot write good material anymore .... to there is no release time frame on the horizon .. ...

>> Now we have the album and recordings are going well and they are in the studio working on it right now and later this year there should be a release (if all goes as planned). I'd say that is a big jump closer than not even knowing when or ..... they were going to complete it and release it and if so having no idea when.

I agree that if BV is hinting at the notion they will name the tour the same thing (not sure he means 100% exactly that .....but if he does) .. I think that is stupid as well... >>> Oh the tour is on or over and by the way here is the album with the same title? That is bad marketing ...and would be pretty underwhelming as The New Rolling Stones Album ... (why not just name it Steel Wheels II or Blue and Lonesome Part 2 or something if thats the case... isn't much different IMO lol smh).

Naming the album 'No Filter' .. is far too close to No Security IMO and naming it that WELL AFTER a tour has been planned or started named that same title is stupid IMO.

My guess is the album will be called something different when it comes (lets hope).

I guess that's where we diverged. I tend to be skeptical about info unless I hear it from someone I trust (whether here or elsewhere). I went from June sessions and possible late 2017 release (from Soldatti's source, among others) to the tour announcement pending and don't expect any word on a new album (Sympathy for the Devils website who have a solid source) and didn't see them as negating one another. The rest I figured was pure speculation and fear from overzealous fans who want it NOW regardless of the fact that they are all very old men. From that perspective, I read Bjornulf's post as a reality check to say "relax, they're still working on it. Maybe this year if the stars align."). As for calling the album NO FILTER, I don't think it's stupid or even a bad name, though I think it's a title more accessible to Americans of a certain generation that is slightly lost on others. What I do think is a bit odd and unfortunate is if after announcing the tour, they end up releasing the album and do a half-hearted "oh yeah, we'll call it NO FILTER as well" which rather implies the album might have been called ZIP CODE or OLE had it been released at other points. As for the set list, one would imagine they can only handle so many songs a night with a sense of security and since the focus is on the Greatest Hits, that means maybe one blues song and one new original song if we're to hear something from both albums. Again, just me ruminating. I'll be curious to see what happens to the From the Vault releases over the next year in terms of Jagger in Tokyo 1988 and everything else that was rumored or leaked...to say nothing of the imminent announcement of the Fonda Theater 2015 gig.

Date: June 7, 2017 03:05

Rocky Dijon
IanBillen

>> Now we have the album and recordings are going well and they are in the studio working on it right now and later this year there should be a release (if all goes as planned). I'd say that is a big jump closer than not even knowing when or ..... they were going to complete it and release it and if so having no idea when.

I guess that's where we diverged. I tend to be skeptical about info unless I hear it from someone I trust (whether here or elsewhere). I went from June sessions and possible late 2017 release (from Soldatti's source, among others) to the tour announcement pending and don't expect any word on a new album (Sympathy for the Devils website who have a solid source) and didn't see them as negating one another. The rest I figured was pure speculation and fear from overzealous fans who want it NOW regardless of the fact that they are all very old men. From that perspective, I read Bjornulf's post as a reality check to say "relax, they're still working on it. Maybe this year if the stars align."). As for calling the album NO FILTER, I don't think it's stupid or even a bad name, though I think it's a title more accessible to Americans of a certain generation that is slightly lost on others. What I do think is a bit odd and unfortunate is if after announcing the tour, they end up releasing the album and do a half-hearted "oh yeah, we'll call it NO FILTER as well" which rather implies the album might have been called ZIP CODE or OLE had it been released at other points. As for the set list, one would imagine they can only handle so many songs a night with a sense of security and since the focus is on the Greatest Hits, that means maybe one blues song and one new original song if we're to hear something from both albums. Again, just me ruminating. I'll be curious to see what happens to the From the Vault releases over the next year in terms of Jagger in Tokyo 1988 and everything else that was rumored or leaked...to say nothing of the imminent announcement of the Fonda Theater 2015 gig.

Right... those comments were Stones fans complaining but I did not know of Soldatti's June confirmation. I didn't think they panned the album .. BUT I was starting to think they were going to complete it next year for 2018...

Where as here was something closer and more concrete (with a time frame) was my thing. I did note that Sympathy for The Devil said there were no confirmed plans for The Stones to go back to work on the album any time soon (that .. as well as anything .. unless it is an official rep or from their website ....or their own mouths is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyway .. naming an album after a tour has never been done ... tours are suppossed to be named after albums! Having The No Filter tour announced only to have an album with the same exact name some months later is stupid IMO .. very stupid... almost lazy stupid lol.

I still think the album will have a different name .. can't see them announcing an album down the road with the same name of a tour that happened or had been announced months ago ...

Date: June 7, 2017 03:29

Only point I'll toss in for our friends at Sympathy For the Devils is that they never stated there were no plans for further sessions. They correctly gave info on the European tour (rescheduled and limited to Continental Europe) and said there would be no news on the new album when the tour was announced stating it was a non-issue or not newsworthy at this point. I think Google translate led people to infer the album was cancelled. While it is obviously true there were issues with Keith (initially reported as he didn't like the sound at British Grove and later clarified as hitting a wall with the new material and then expanded as his not being enthusiastic recording already completed Jagger compositions as opposed to the two of them collaborating), we also knew earlier this year that Keith said the sessions in early 2017 went well. Of course, Mick's remark that "he" as opposed to "we" were working on it led others to speculate the problems between them continued. My own two cents (which may be worth even less or simply worthless) is that Mick and Keith remain highly competitive. They may be a bit nicer since 2012, but there's still the desire for one another to assert their individual role as the one who works the hardest and/or makes the difference to what works and doesn't. Nature of the beast when it comes to creators' egos. As for whether we get the album in 2017 or 2018, I'm hoping for this year, but every year since 2012 it seems we've had plans delayed for more shows or sessions or releases. It will come, just don't hold your breath just yet. If Bjornulf is later more specific (he may know far more, but can't say it), then I'll bank on it. Until then, I'll think he was just restoring order to the madhouse at IORR.

Date: June 7, 2017 06:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-07 06:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 7, 2017 07:27

Will be bittersweet when it comes since it's easy to anticipate that this will be last record of new original material they're likely to release

Date: June 7, 2017 07:39

Very curious what Dandy had to say. Darn edit function.

Date: June 7, 2017 07:48

Rocky Dijon
Very curious what Dandy had to say. Darn edit function.

Not sure, but I tend to fully agree with the blank post. smiling smiley

Date: June 7, 2017 09:02

I wasn't really awake guys. There were only two words: "No Security".

It was an answer to IanBillen regarding naming an album after a tour. Like I said, I wasn't really awake, as they did name the tour after the live album smiling smiley

Date: June 7, 2017 09:07

And here I was hoping you had called me an ignorant slut.

Date: June 7, 2017 09:56

Rocky Dijon
And here I was hoping you had called me an ignorant slut.

Not today, my friend smiling smiley

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 7, 2017 16:53

They named the album Bridges To Babylon after the tour (stage design).

Date: June 7, 2017 17:40

DandelionPowderman
I wasn't really awake guys. There were only two words: "No Security".

It was an answer to IanBillen regarding naming an album after a tour. Like I said, I wasn't really awake, as they did name the tour after the live album smiling smiley

No Security Tour occurred a few months after the album No Security was released.

Still.. that was a LIVE album. At any rate ... What I am saying is this .. they have never did a tour .. then decided to name an album after (based on) the tour and well after they announced the tours name. They have always done an album ... named it / announced the title and then many times named the tour that followed after the albums title .. not vice-versa... which is what is being suggested here (still just not seeing that particular thing taking place with them on this).

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-07 17:42 by IanBillen.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 7, 2017 18:44

They only have to release the album one day before tour start and everything´s fine.smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 7, 2017 19:36

There's some very interesting infos on the Dirty Strangers' Instagram page.

"The other Chuck in #DirtyAL's life. Chuck Leavell ladies & gentlemen. The most fabulous keyboard player for the Rolling Stones. Alan's been in & out of the studio all week with the said band. I wonder who could pop up on instagram tomorrow."
[www.instagram.com]

"The man of the hour. Any hour. Bill Bolton here with our own #DirtyAL"
[www.instagram.com]

The Dirty Strangers will play this weekend at the 100 Club in London this Friday (June 9) and at the Facebar this Saturday (June 10): "We've got a few gigs coming up this weekend. Guess we may have some special guests"
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 7, 2017 20:37

Doxa
Monsoon Ragoon
I hope it is going to be BETTER than Crosseyed Heart.

The thing that people get thrilled by meeting the standard of CROSSEYED HEART just says how low the expectations are these days...

Seriously (or not), Keith's album is altogether a different animal than a Rolling Stones album (unless one thinks that Keith Richards is The Rolling Stones). My wish is that the new album might continue from where they left us in BLUE & LONESOME, keeping some of that band feel and focus alive we haven't heard for decades. That compansates the probable lack of extra quality in song-writing. But who knows, Mick might have after two decades or so found a new gear in his songwriting, and among his 40 demos there are some real gems, and Keith's three riffs are so dynamite as he claims, inspiring Mick, with him, to write wonderfully finished tunes out of them.... winking smiley

- Doxa

You inability to grasp what it means when someone says as good or better than CROSSEYED HEART is hilarious and borders on a purposeful level presented with almost every post of someone else here.

A Tom Waits song comes to mind - something a Jagger solo album or project lacks severely overall. So when people hope it's as good or better than Keith's newest solo album, they're hoping that it has the textures, the sounds and the feel that makes that album so good. Yes blah blah blah it's no EOMS or STICKY FINGERS or even TALK IS CHEAP. But it's still pretty damn good for an old fart that thought he wasn't ever going to work again.

Date: June 7, 2017 20:44

Rocky Dijon
IanBillen
Rocky Dijon
"If" has not become "when" at least not when I read Bjornulf's post.

Not yet BUT .. it's a big step closer to it.

I still have no idea what 'Recordings are as good as rehearsals means' in the message he gave us. Can anyone shed some light on exactly what he means by that?

Not really a big step closer. It's not really any different than anything we've heard before. They're working on an album sporadically with a view to finishing it. That status hasn't changed. We expected them back in the studio in June and they are.

As for whether anyone can shed light on what Bjornulf meant by "recordings are as good as rehearsals," I suspect he meant recording or rehearsing means they're playing together and have their chops. Of course, I can answer any question I want, it doesn't mean the answer will be correct as a wise man once said.

What kind of cake is on the cover of LET IT BLEED? And was it as good as lemon meringue pie? And how does lemon meringue pie get that toasty brownness to it? Did Keith look better in brown trousers? Why do trousers have folds in them? The universe doesn't have folds but does the universe have walls?

Date: June 7, 2017 20:51

IanBillen

No one complained about the LET IT BLEED tour in 1969 being before the LP came out.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 7, 2017 21:02

GasLightStreet
IanBillen

No one complained about the LET IT BLEED tour in 1969 being before the LP came out.

Let it Bleed tour?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 7, 2017 22:15

GasLightStreet
Doxa
Monsoon Ragoon
I hope it is going to be BETTER than Crosseyed Heart.

The thing that people get thrilled by meeting the standard of CROSSEYED HEART just says how low the expectations are these days...

Seriously (or not), Keith's album is altogether a different animal than a Rolling Stones album (unless one thinks that Keith Richards is The Rolling Stones). My wish is that the new album might continue from where they left us in BLUE & LONESOME, keeping some of that band feel and focus alive we haven't heard for decades. That compansates the probable lack of extra quality in song-writing. But who knows, Mick might have after two decades or so found a new gear in his songwriting, and among his 40 demos there are some real gems, and Keith's three riffs are so dynamite as he claims, inspiring Mick, with him, to write wonderfully finished tunes out of them.... winking smiley

- Doxa

You inability to grasp what it means when someone says as good or better than CROSSEYED HEART is hilarious and borders on a purposeful level presented with almost every post of someone else here.

A Tom Waits song comes to mind - something a Jagger solo album or project lacks severely overall. So when people hope it's as good or better than Keith's newest solo album, they're hoping that it has the textures, the sounds and the feel that makes that album so good. Yes blah blah blah it's no EOMS or STICKY FINGERS or even TALK IS CHEAP. But it's still pretty damn good for an old fart that thought he wasn't ever going to work again.

I am so sorry to hurt your Keithette feelings. (Didn't realize that that album is still beyond criticism, and that it is not alright to voice a differing opinion of its supposed quality).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-07 22:23 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home