Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 704
Re: Another album in 2017 ?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2017 03:40

IanBillen
I want to hear the band in their 'current' state.. not material or things from 10-15 years ago. I want to see what they can cook up <now> .. what type of artists they are <now> .. today ... currently.

They have had friggin how many years and time to come up with an album? If they cannot come up with an album of worthy / real good stuff .. original stuff... current stuff over a year and a half of spending time in and out of the studio .. Why bother? It's over studio wise as far as 'original' material is concerned if that would be the case (but I dont think that is the case).

I am interested in the Stones writing and recording abilities right now ... today .. as elders in rock..

Good luck with all that Ian, but unfortunately I'm afraid those days of "an album of worthy / real good stuff .. original stuff...current stuff " are long gone.
Plenty of evidence points that way, but miracles can happen I suppose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-13 04:31 by Hairball.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 13, 2017 04:51

Hairball
IanBillen
I want to hear the band in their 'current' state.. not material or things from 10-15 years ago. I want to see what they can cook up .. what type of artists they are .. today ... currently.

They have had friggin how many years and time to come up with an album? If they cannot come up with an album of worthy / real good stuff .. original stuff... current stuff over a year and a half of spending time in and out of the studio .. Why bother? It's over studio wise as far as 'original' material is concerned if that would be the case (but I dont think that is the case).

I am interested in the Stones writing and recording abilities right now ... today .. as elders in rock..

Good luck with all that Ian, but unfortunately I'm afraid those days of "an album of worthy / real good stuff .. original stuff...current stuff " are long gone.
Plenty of evidence points that way, but miracles can happen I suppose.

Well .. actually ... I think their last three studio albums ranged from pretty strong to very strong. They were 'basically' .. for the most part all original material. I think if they put together the effort .. they can achieve that standard again. I don't think they would do it if they didn't think they could make another strong album.

Ian

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 13, 2017 15:34

IanBillen
Tattoo You was a fantastic album. It is one of my favs by them .. but that was then .. this is now. I want to hear the band in their 'current' state.. not material or things from 10-15 years ago. I want to see what they can cook up .. what type of artists they are .. today ... currently.

However, given what you said, THEY haven't changed in that time. It's been the same thing over and over: they haven't recorded a new album because (enter reason here). So those recorded unfinished songs - no stretch at all in time: all done with the same producer, they probably have the same sound, unlike the 1972-1979 recordings for TATTOO YOU. In 1980 and 81 with the finishing of the specific unfinished tracks, they were still in the midst of being a (at times vibrant) creative force with so much material unfinished, one could easily bet a lot more from that era is worthy of release as unfinished or finished. That era ended after the recording of UNDERCOVER.

They don't have as many leftovers from the VL-BTB-ABB-LICKS sessions in comparison but they have some (a few great ones from the VL sessions still) that are worthy of finishing/releasing.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:31

Honestly the Stones have recorded every genre of music imaginable, so any new release is really not going to sound new. I just want whatever they release to be very good to excellent.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:34

I feel a sense of deja vu, of having this same conversation before B&L was released.
I'd like to see them do more covers -- some Motown, some c&w, some 50s standards. Whatever turns them on.
Mick and Keith aren't writing together, so that's just a dead end, accept it. Maybe they've decided the only way to keep working together is to not write songs together.
But do they have another surprise left? Probably.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 13, 2017 17:41

I just can´t believe that the huge stack of Mick-demos are that bad that they aren´t able to shape them into a decent 12-track-album.

Date: March 13, 2017 18:13

HMS
I just can´t believe that the huge stack of Mick-demos are that bad that they aren´t able to shape them into a decent 12-track-album.

I think it's just the direction Mick wants to take the demos he's presenting to the band(Keith) versus the way Keith would like to have them presented. They still have the passion to create, I've got to hand it to them on that count.

Date: March 14, 2017 04:11

Cristiano Radtke
KRiffhard
Cristiano Radtke
"I had the honor and pleasure of recording with these legends a couple days ago @donwas and @officialkeef #keithrichards #awesomeness #goodtimes #honored #rollingstones"

[www.instagram.com]

Many thanks Cristiano!
He's playing the trumpet on a Keef song?

My pleasure! I'd love to have an answer for that question but unfortunately I don't. And yes, it looks like he might be playing trumpet on a song although we can't know if it's from the Stones' new album or if Keith might be doing a recording on Keyon's album, if there's one being recorded.

Darn .. I didn't know this dude was working on an album .. then it is a 50-50. If Don Was is doing something through Blue Note on a release it is now a 1 in three chance ..

I thought this guy was a session musician and a producer but not a person who is keen on releasing albums himself. Darn .. Well.. Here is to 'hoping' anyway lol

Re: Another album in 2017?
Date: March 14, 2017 06:47

bye bye johnny
IanBillen
Nice. There is evidence they are currently working on the album ... (or at least Don Was and Keith are working on it) ... Btw this is STRONG evidence... real ... real ... real STRONG evidence

Looking at the photo without Stones colored glasses, it's entirely possible Keith is contrbuitung to a Blue Note recording project being produced by the label president.

Yeah and it has possibility of being something cool.....thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 14, 2017 16:10

wonderboy
I feel a sense of deja vu, of having this same conversation before B&L was released.
I'd like to see them do more covers -- some Motown, some c&w, some 50s standards. Whatever turns them on.
Mick and Keith aren't writing together, so that's just a dead end, accept it. Maybe they've decided the only way to keep working together is to not write songs together.
But do they have another surprise left? Probably.

The Beatles didn't write songs together...well not really after they stopped touring.
Still managed to produce some classic albums though.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 14, 2017 16:16

HMS

That is exactly what will happen, the best of those tracks will make the next album and Keith and the boys are the session musicians that will play on them thumbs down

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 14, 2017 17:00

stone4ever
HMS

That is exactly what will happen, the best of those tracks will make the next album and Keith and the boys are the session musicians that will play on them thumbs down

I bet that happened at every stage of their career.
If a song is good than it´s good. No matter who wrote it.
...If the song is bad it will stay that way although the boys are playing...
Keith also could turn a mediocre Mick-demo into something great by adding something new, who knows?
Would love to hear the demos...

Date: March 14, 2017 17:29

HMS
stone4ever
HMS

I bet that happened at every stage of their career.
If a song is good than it´s good. No matter who wrote it.
...If the song is bad it will stay that way although the boys are playing...
Keith also could turn a mediocre Mick-demo into something great by adding something new, who knows?
Would love to hear the demos...

From your fingertips(or voice) HMS

Re: Another album in 2017?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 14, 2017 17:32

From the latest issue of Rolling Stone:

Date: March 14, 2017 17:40

Wait what ...... They're mocking us......lol

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2017 17:48

One week prior to the Academy Awards Keith was with Mick?

"We did a whole week in a little room, slowly putting a new album together" - Keith

I suppose the key word is slowly, but seems some sort of progress is being made?!!!

Date: March 14, 2017 17:54

So a February session did take place after all.. Maybe not with the whole band .. but Mick and Keith definitely spent a week together in February working on a new album as per this Rollingstone article.

Noice. Again .. seems as if they are simply taking their time with this one.. that's all.

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-14 17:55 by IanBillen.

Date: March 14, 2017 18:24

KRiffhard will be happy...thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 14, 2017 18:41

IanBillen
So a February session did take place after all.. Maybe not with the whole band .. but Mick and Keith definitely spent a week together in February working on a new album as per this Rollingstone article.

Noice. Again .. seems as if they are simply taking their time with this one.. that's all.

Ian

thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 14, 2017 19:31

Maindefender
KRiffhard will be happy...thumbs up

I'm very happy! I need new songs!! thumbs up >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: March 14, 2017 19:50

+ 1thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 15, 2017 01:33

Good news the Glimmer Twins got together!!!
great !
jeroen

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 15, 2017 03:05

Hairball
One week prior to the Academy Awards Keith was with Mick?

"We did a whole week in a little room, slowly putting a new album together" - Keith

I suppose the key word is slowly, but seems some sort of progress is being made?!!!

Mick was Keith it says....smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 15, 2017 04:30

IanBillen
Mick and Keith definitely spent a week together in February working on a new album as per this Rollingstone article.

What article?

Date: March 15, 2017 05:32

Koen
IanBillen
Mick and Keith definitely spent a week together in February working on a new album as per this Rollingstone article.

What article?

You know... The article.. the 800 word report on the progress of the new album .. ....

>> Kidding (naturally). I should of said per Rollingstone Magazine and left it at that I guess.. but you understood what I meant! ( grinning smiley )

Date: March 15, 2017 11:03

Koen
IanBillen

What article?

In the latest Rolling Stone magazine, Bye Bye Jhny reprted, afew posts back.
jeroen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 15, 2017 15:53

Dang, now I need to scroll back all those pages...

So, this one: [www.rollingstone.com] ?

Date: March 15, 2017 16:12

Koen

No, look at march 14, 17.32 hr
Jeroen

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 15, 2017 16:55

corriecas
Koen

No, look at march 14, 17.32 hr
Jeroen

it's just up here, a little scroll

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2017 17:00

Koen

This one, on this very same page.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2042
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home