Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 16, 2016 18:52

Wild Slivovitz
GS1978
Stones on the cover of Rolling Stone
[www.rollingstone.com]

Very, very good article!! Thanks for the link.

Thanks a LOT. !! Great read.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2016 19:27

Nice cover pic, and interesting read.

In 1968, Jagger told Rolling Stone that the band had always intended to move beyond the blues.
"What's the point in listening to us doing 'I'm a King Bee,'" he said, "when you can hear Slim Harpo do it?"

I've been wondering the same regarding this new album of covers, but still look forward to hearing their interpretations at least a couple times.

"The fact is, Mick and I really don't want to hang together before we go onstage," he says.
"He has a routine of how he gets together for the stage. Me, I have a party."

smileys with beer

Back to the nice cover shot: wondering what "The Who's Big Plans" are...new album maybe?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 16, 2016 19:42

"Richards suggests that at least some of the songs might be unfinished compositions that date back 15 years or more."

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 16, 2016 19:58

i wouldn't think of buying that stupid ass magazine and i don't care who they have in it.putting the boston marathon bomber on the cover was the last straw for me.
look up the photos of the boston marathon bombing,the woman being pushed in the wheelchair screaming in horror because her legs are blown clean off at the knees or the picture of the 10 year old boy who was waiting for his dad to cross the finish line and was killed by the explosion.

and this little cretin jan wenner puts the murderer on the cover like he's a rockstar-what a pathetic little vermin wenner is.and people are so inundated with sick crap like this they don't even care anymore,no outrage,no consquences, just the glassy eyed masses buying his propaganda.-"it's just a magazine" "it's just an article" ok,fine-but before you buy the issue with mick and keith do me a favor,look up the horror that little jans other cover boy caused and then decide if you support that piece of shit.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 16, 2016 20:04

Rolling Stone: Is the magazine taken seriously these days?
Its had the 'alleged student rape' story recently which turned out to be fictitious. An expensive mistake.
Then,November edition: cover headline 'How Trump blew it'.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 16, 2016 20:29

maumau
"Richards suggests that at least some of the songs might be unfinished compositions that date back 15 years or more."

Licks sessions?

Date: November 16, 2016 20:32

"This past December, the Rolling Stones gathered in Mark Knopfler's British Grove Studios in West London to begin work on a batch of original songs. Jagger is deliberately vague on the nature of those tunes. "I hope it's gonna be a very eclectic album," he says. "I hope some of it's gonna be recognizable Stones and some of it's gonna be some Stones you never heard before, maybe."
"The Stones are discussing more shows next year, and they really do intend to work on that album of originals. "There's about 10 or 12 new songs that Mick actually has been cooking up," says Wood, "and Keith's got the odd one, too."

smileys with beer
C'mon Stones...give us these fu?!*% new songs!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 16, 2016 21:29

maumau

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: November 16, 2016 21:32

KRiffhard
maumau

Licks sessions?

One more shot with Keith on Vocals...Yeah !!!
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-16 21:33 by corriecas.

Date: November 16, 2016 21:59

corriecas
KRiffhard
maumau

Licks sessions?

Jeroen

One More Shot solo version would be great!
I was thinking about 'You got it made'...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 16, 2016 22:04

KRiffhard
corriecas
KRiffhard
maumau

Licks sessions?

Jeroen

"...For a long long time...." thumbs upthumbs up

Date: November 16, 2016 22:25

You got it made ..that would be a killer song. at least, if they dont mess with the original song.
jeroen

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 17, 2016 00:41

hot smiley

Richards has his own answer to the issue. "I'm black as the ace of @#$%& spades, man," he says, deadpan. "Ask any of the brothers." He continues, "I didn't know what color these people were, as a kid. I don't think of blues as being of any particular color at all. Obviously, its history. But there were white slaves, as well. There have been plenty of work songs from way back. Try Egypt. Quite Jewish, actually. You know, people have been doing this since history began."

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 17, 2016 01:13

RipThisBone
hot smiley

Richards has his own answer to the issue. "I'm black as the ace of @#$%& spades, man," he says, deadpan. "Ask any of the brothers." He continues, "I didn't know what color these people were, as a kid. I don't think of blues as being of any particular color at all. Obviously, its history. But there were white slaves, as well. There have been plenty of work songs from way back. Try Egypt. Quite Jewish, actually. You know, people have been doing this since history began."

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

please tell me he didn't really say that-oh ...damn.he's been living in this bubble for so many years that it's like austin powers where he shows up in the future and still thinks he's a hip cool guy.

or your old crazy uncle that doesn't know that people just don't say things like that anymore .he actually means well but...i'm just gonna cringe now.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 17, 2016 03:59

he's right though, people have been enslaving other people since 1000s of years ago. the greeks enslaved other greeks, the Egyptians enslaved other egyptions, there were lots of white indentured slaves from England in the US in the 1600s

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 17, 2016 04:02

KRiffhard
corriecas
KRiffhard
maumau

Licks sessions?

Jeroen

Exactly! The 'or more' bit is was makes it - they probably have no idea what that means, 15 years. If they're smart - or if someone is smart - they'll go as far back as the VOODOO sessions.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 17, 2016 05:50

. oops. deleted post. i was musing & more appropriate for the 'suggestions next studio album' thread.
B&L is a fresh pleasantry thus far. I'm currently still high off their new country blues clip.
(Country Honk) from Ole Ole.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 06:28 by hopkins.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 17, 2016 11:46

lem motlow
please tell me he didn't really say that-oh ...damn.he's been living in this bubble for so many years that it's like austin powers where he shows up in the future and still thinks he's a hip cool guy.

or your old crazy uncle that doesn't know that people just don't say things like that anymore .he actually means well but...i'm just gonna cringe now.

I agree with you that that statement is utterly cringeworthy in an otherwise very interesting interview. It's wrong on so many levels, and comparable with him calling girls "chicks" and gays "poofters".

I liked the part where it says the most freaky thing about this new album is that Mick and Keith seem to agree about it.
What they say about the new "originals" album (mostly Mick's songs which he had in the can) make me wish that it will never happen.
Meanwhile, I am making a slight U-turn about them making a blues album. The fact that they all loved making it so much, already makes it one of the most worthwhile things they've done in the past 30 years or so.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 17, 2016 12:16

In 2017 we will have a new Stones album of originals...Surely!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 17, 2016 12:33

mailexile67
In 2017 we will have a new Stones album of originals...Surely!

I'd prefer older stuff a la Tattoo You!

Date: November 17, 2016 12:40

Lovely interview! But we need a few more songs from you for the new album, Keith.

Date: November 17, 2016 12:48

DandelionPowderman
Lovely interview! But we need a few more songs from you for the new album, Keith.

Except for songs like Losing my touch, This place is empty or Infamy. We can do without it.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 17, 2016 13:28

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Except for songs like Losing my touch, This place is empty or Infamy. We can do without it.

Losing My Touch & This Place Is Empty are deeply emotional heartfelt great ballads and some of Keith´s best work ever. Infamy is the worst song he ever recorded, it´s even more horrible than Thru And Thru & Thief In The Night. I´d love to hear new songs a la Wanna Hold You & Little T&A.

Date: November 17, 2016 13:57

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Nah, I like all of those songs. However, he shouldn't only write slow songs. We need some rockers as well.

Date: November 17, 2016 14:03

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Nah, I like all of those songs. However, he shouldn't only write slow songs. We need some rockers as well.
smileys with beerhot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 17, 2016 15:14

DandelionPowderman

Keith already used all his stuff on Crosseyed Heart, how many original and new songs can he write on 1-2 years?
He wrote 12-13 songs on a 10 years frame (2005-2015), the best we can hope is 1-2 new Keith songs and the rest will be "the best" of Mick's solo demos from the last 5 years.

Date: November 17, 2016 15:17

georgelicks
DandelionPowderman

Keith already used all his stuff on Crosseyed Heart, how many original and new songs can he write on 1-2 years?
He wrote 12-13 songs on a 10 years frame (2005-2015), the best we can hope is 1-2 new Keith songs and the rest will be "the best" of Mick's solo demos from the last 5 years.

He could write 3 or 4 simple rock songs in a week, if he bothered, I'd say. It's Mick who does most of the shaping anyway, isn't it?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 17, 2016 16:30

DandelionPowderman
georgelicks
DandelionPowderman

He could write 3 or 4 simple rock songs in a week, if he bothered, I'd say. It's Mick who does most of the shaping anyway, isn't it?

It looks like they want GREAT and DIFFERENT stuff this time, a Bridges To Babylon style but updated 20 years.
After the boring/generic ABB and the blues album, they are looking for a more different stuff than than simple rock songs.

Date: November 17, 2016 16:46

HMS
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman

Losing My Touch & This Place Is Empty are deeply emotional heartfelt great ballads and some of Keith´s best work ever. Infamy is the worst song he ever recorded, it´s even more horrible than Thru And Thru & Thief In The Night. I´d love to hear new songs a la Wanna Hold You & Little T&A.

thumbs up

Date: November 17, 2016 16:52

georgelicks
DandelionPowderman

It's quite simple. He can use 'You got it made' (VL sessions) and 'High or Low' (BTB sessions) or some stuff from Licks sessions.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 3062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home