Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 10, 2016 23:30

I think they release the new album in 2017.....it's their 55th anniversary....

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 11, 2016 00:11

The Rolling Stones Have ‘Half an Album’ Worth of New Songs
November 10, 2016 2:10 PM

By Amanda Wicks

While working on an album of original music, the Rolling Stones hit a creative wall and instead had some fun playing classic blues numbers they knew in the studio. That turned into the soon-to-be released album Blue & Lonesome. But don’t write off future original music from the band just yet.

Speaking with The New York Times, Mick Jagger said they haven’t thrown out the original material they were working on. They have “half an album” of new music done.

Ronnie Wood explained that working on new songs took time. “It’s like putting it on top of the strainer and seeing what soaks through by the time you come back to them again,” he said. “The lumps that are left on top after time has gone by, that’s what you make your dough out of.” Even though they have recordings of their “half an album,” Wood added, “It wouldn’t surprise me if we recut them all again. It’s one of those things.”

It’s not clear when this “half an album” will turn into a full album, and when that would be released, but in the meantime Blue & Lonesome drops December 2nd. It marks the first studio album the Stones have released since 2005’s A Bigger Bang.

[radio.com]

Date: November 11, 2016 00:25

Billboard Adult Alternative Airplay (Triple A)
Week Ending Nov. 6

#27 (28) 2 wks - Just Your Fool (213 spins +11)

[charts.bdsradio.com]

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 11, 2016 00:29

@Georgelick

What are your prediction about this "Half an album" of originals...In your opinion will we ever see it out?!?

Date: November 11, 2016 00:40

It won't be out before of late 2017, November-December at best.

So far, I don't know if they are happy with the new stuff, it doesn't look like that on their own words.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 11, 2016 01:13

georgelicks
It won't be out before of late 2017, November-December at best.

So far, I don't know if they are happy with the new stuff, it doesn't look like that on their own words.

I know you certainly have nothing to do with it and you are only the messenger / or expressing your opinion (and we very much appreciate it) .. BUT ..Nobody wants to wait until possibly 2018 to get a friggin album of new stuff? I mean this is ridiculous.

Why not get together and start working on them again is my question? Instead they wait and wait and wait and do all kinds of other projects and before ya know it another year has gone by and then it's .. well possibly next year (etc.).

Not saying they have to spend day and night on it.. or work consistently but why not get together here and there to see what they can come up with versus letting months and seasons go by ... ? I mean w-o-w.

I can't see why they could not have an album together in a two year period..

Ian

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: November 11, 2016 02:22

There may not be another studio album to follow Blue & Lonesome.

What there is currently it seems is few unfinished songs that may surface as new tracks on a compilation album released in 2022.

Olly.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2016 03:46

I'd almost prefer a Blue and Lonesome pt.II rather than the delayed album of originals. If they're not satisfied with what they have yet, they might as well start over.
Micks demos could be the root of the problem causing the roadblock in the band's creative process. Maybe Keith will have some new song ideas if and when they ever reconvene...or maybe even Ronnie?

Date: November 11, 2016 05:12

Good article with the most details about how B & L came about and about it's recordings etc.. (hey how about that... now we have another abbreviation for Stones chat.. "B & L" ..ha!! I like it.)

Also has some insight on what is taking place with current Stones sessions (which are reported as still very much in progress off and on .. thank goodness!).

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 11, 2016 05:16

A BIGGER BANG September 2005.

Two new songs since then.

Loads of 1965-1981 songs played live.

See why a new LP isn't exactly pressing?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 11, 2016 06:21

It's not pressing for a live show but a decent album 55 years after they started is a legacy issue.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 11, 2016 07:56

“We did things after we’d done this and I’d say, ‘O.K., just play it! It’s only got three chords, just play it, stop thinking about it,’” Mr. Jagger said. “‘Just imagine this is a blues’”

"It wouldn’t surprise me if we recut them all again. It’s one of those things.” RW

It seems like there were some problems with new (original) songs..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-11 07:58 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 11, 2016 12:36

Hopefully we read more glimpses into the new songs during before they go into Winter hibernation

Date: November 11, 2016 15:48

georgelicks
The Rolling Stones Have ‘Half an Album’ Worth of New Songs
November 10, 2016 2:10 PM

By Amanda Wicks

While working on an album of original music, the Rolling Stones hit a creative wall and instead had some fun playing classic blues numbers they knew in the studio. That turned into the soon-to-be released album Blue & Lonesome. But don’t write off future original music from the band just yet.

Speaking with The New York Times, Mick Jagger said they haven’t thrown out the original material they were working on. They have “half an album” of new music done.

Ronnie Wood explained that working on new songs took time. “It’s like putting it on top of the strainer and seeing what soaks through by the time you come back to them again,” he said. “The lumps that are left on top after time has gone by, that’s what you make your dough out of.” Even though they have recordings of their “half an album,” Wood added, “It wouldn’t surprise me if we recut them all again. It’s one of those things.”

It’s not clear when this “half an album” will turn into a full album, and when that would be released, but in the meantime Blue & Lonesome drops December 2nd. It marks the first studio album the Stones have released since 2005’s A Bigger Bang.

[radio.com]

I'm not so sure...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 11, 2016 17:03

Woz
It's not pressing for a live show but a decent album 55 years after they started is a legacy issue.

No it isn't. Their legacy is:

Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Street
Some Girls
Tattoo You
Hot Rocks
Rewind
Forty Licks

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 11, 2016 17:20

I would add "The London Years, single collection" to their legacy instead of Forty licks.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: November 11, 2016 17:29

3 weeks to go!! Of course now we read it's been mixed quite a bit from the original sessions.......and according to Mick very "painstaking". "We all thought it was going to be easy but it wasn't". Wait what?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-11 17:31 by Maindefender.

Date: November 11, 2016 17:32

GasLightStreet
Woz

Let me finish your list:

EP #1
The Rolling Stones
EP #2
The Rolling Stone No 2
12X5
The Rolling Stone, Now
Out Of Our Heads
Aftermath
Between The Buttons
Their Satanic Majesties Request

Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Street
Some Girls
Emotional Rescue
Tattoo You
Undercover

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-11 17:33 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 11, 2016 18:03

Maindefender
3 weeks to go!! Of course now we read it's been mixed quite a bit from the original sessions.......and according to Mick very "painstaking". "We all thought it was going to be easy but it wasn't". Wait what?

It appears the 'mixing' of said songs and how to approach the mix was the painstaking part Mick was talking about.. in conjunction with choosing which songs based on their mood and which order to put them in. He was not talking about the recording process .. he was talking about what effects.. processors ....volume levels... order of songs... etc. This was <after> they recorded the material.

In other words... no worries... The recording part of these songs came very easy and naturally and is why they kept going that route. It was when he sat down in April to do some slight overdubbing with Chuck Levell and then mix the album is the 'painstaking' part he was referring to... Painstaking as in 'choices' of how to approach the mix process etc. So no worries.

Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-11 18:06 by IanBillen.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 11, 2016 19:04

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 11, 2016 19:07

Almost no new material since 2005 but yes off course no worries.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 11, 2016 22:16

powerage78

Off course no worries. We got a great BLUES cover album coming!

Better no new material than lousy albums like Rock and Roll Train and Rock or Burst (the first album that is missing in my AC/DC collection) like AC/DC produced and going on tour without Malcolm, Phil Rudd and Brian Johnson but with Axl Rose grinning smiley smileys with beerhot smiley.

Date: November 11, 2016 22:24

RipThisBone
powerage78

Off course no worries. We got a great BLUES cover album coming!

Better no new material than lousy albums like Rock and Roll Train and Rock or Burst (the first album that is missing in my AC/DC collection) like AC/DC produced and going on tour without Malcolm, Phil Rudd and Brian Johnson but with Axl Rose grinning smiley smileys with beerhot smiley.

thumbs up
Better some great blues covers than usless album like Black Ice or Rock or Bust.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 11, 2016 22:43

Black Ice is quite good.
Rob not so bad.
Hard days for Angus since january 2014...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: November 11, 2016 22:45

IanBillen
Maindefender

It appears the 'mixing' of said songs and how to approach the mix was the painstaking part Mick was talking about.. in conjunction with choosing which songs based on their mood and which order to put them in. He was not talking about the recording process .. he was talking about what effects.. processors ....volume levels... order of songs... etc. This was <after> they recorded the material.

In other words... no worries... The recording part of these songs came very easy and naturally and is why they kept going that route. It was when he sat down in April to do some slight overdubbing with Chuck Levell and then mix the album is the 'painstaking' part he was referring to... Painstaking as in 'choices' of how to approach the mix process etc. So no worries.

Ian

So no Don Was??? Keep it simple please.......

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 11, 2016 22:50

don was is the producer, probably being stated on page 1 of this thread

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 11, 2016 22:54

The truth: They intend a new album. They are going to regroup for sessions in the New Year. It won't be released until a premium release season. They aren't going to make June, so that would be November. They also don't want to put out anything they don't feel is really good. That includes finding a overall vibe.

Date: November 11, 2016 23:42

maumau
don was is the producer, probably being stated on page 1 of this thread

But some offerings earlier in this thread have been that his involvement would be minimized and that would be a good thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-11 23:43 by Maindefender.

Date: November 11, 2016 23:43

TeddyB1018
The truth: They intend a new album. They are going to regroup for sessions in the New Year. It won't be released until a premium release season. They aren't going to make June, so that would be November. They also don't want to put out anything they don't feel is really good. That includes finding a overall vibe.

Nice.......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2016 23:45

Yeah thanks teddy ... that's nice to know

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home