Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 117
Re: The Rolling Stones new blues album "Blue & Lonesome" due out Dec 2
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 6, 2016 16:31

JumpinJimF
bitusa2012
JumpinJimF
bitusa2012
JumpinJimF
Spud
It cut out all the agonising and second guessing about what type of music they should be playing, wanted to be playing or were expected to be playing.

They just played the Blues, their common ground "as best as they know" , enjoyed it ...and the results are here to be heard.

thumbs up
This is exactly the point in my opinion as well. It was spontaneous (not quite as spontaneous as the myth, but spontaneous by any standards) and they enjoyed themselves so that we can as well.

Others are perfectly entitled to be highly analytical about the album. That might be appropriate for a painstakingly produced album of originals but in my humble opinion it's missing the point of this album by a mile.

... From the person who, a few days ago, was going to give it a few more plays and then report back to us what worked and what didn't in terms of distortion? THAT seems very analytical to me.

Don't think I said that. I have never mentioned distortion or giving it a few more plays. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

I HUMBLY AND SINCERELY APOLOGISE.

No probs bitusa

Hope we can both agree we really like the album anyway

LIKE it? I BLOODY LOVE IT.

Rod

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 6, 2016 16:33

On Amazon UK you can buy 3 Deluxe Editions by only £20.
Incredible price.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:00

Rip This
Socrates1
DoomandGloom
First time listening. It's ok. Tries to hard to sound old, guitR playing is not outstanding, expected more from Ronnie.

Says DoomandGloom! >grinning smiley<

doom & gloom indeed....just another old argument disguised as a dig against RW who absolutely kills it on this record.

Absolutely! I can't see how one could have expected more...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:01

LukeTheDrifter
The album is raw, exciting and far, far better than expected.

Not for me, as I was expecting a lot to begin with .. and I have not been disappointed.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:21

georgelicks
On Amazon UK you can buy 3 Deluxe Editions by only £20.
Incredible price.

Can't find it, do you have the link ? Thanks !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:27

Hairball
And from the same review above:

"It’s the best work they’ve done in many years, but it would be a mistake to paint “Blue & Lonesome” as being anywhere close to their glory days".

I can't argue with that, though some might beg to differ.

It's right and I don't think anyone is saying it's anything like their glory days - but BLUE & LONESOME will probably be as liked as 'their glory days' albums because it's that much of an impact.

Think about it: Since Bill Wyman left they've done THREE albums. That's ALL! THREE ALBUMS!

22 years after the first of the three albums with Wyman they finally do something solid and good.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:27

Sounds interesting (not necessarily for purchase) but get snippets via streaming and/or youtube. I'm glad they tried something like this rather than new songs, especially as it appears they did it spontaneously (so they claim).

Posted by: alfstone ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:33

That´s craaaazy!
I´ve just ordered 3 copies of Blue & Lonesome deluxe edition from amazon.co.uk for just 31 euros shippin included.....one single copy was 48 euros shippin included.
I really don´t understand nothing, but now i´ve got 3 copies, and I´m happy. I should exchange one deluxe for a vinyl copy spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:35

Yeah, too bad Bill Wyman wasn't invited for one the weekend session days...

Date: December 6, 2016 17:36

alfstone
That´s craaaazy!
I´ve just ordered 3 copies of Blue & Lonesome deluxe edition from amazon.co.uk for just 31 euros shippin included.....one single copy was 48 euros shippin included.
I really don´t understand nothing, but now i´ve got 3 copies, and I´m happy. I should exchange one deluxe for a vinyl copy spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It's £34.99 on the Amazon UK I'm looking at!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-06 17:39 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 6, 2016 17:38

DandelionPowderman
alfstone
That´s craaaazy!

Link, please!

[www.amazon.co.uk]

But to see the low price i had to buy 3 copies and they they apply the discount, but hurry up as it´s a limited offer as they said in my order

Date: December 6, 2016 17:39

alfstone
DandelionPowderman
alfstone
That´s craaaazy!

Link, please!

[www.amazon.co.uk]

But to see the low price i had to buy 3 copies and they they apply the discount, but hurry up as it´s a limited offer as they said in my order

That link says £56.99!

I'm not paying £35 + shipping for a few pics and that book. No way!

EDIT: I saw the discount method now smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-06 17:41 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 6, 2016 17:43

It didn't work. I almost checked out with £170... sad smiley

Date: December 6, 2016 17:43

DandelionPowderman
alfstone
DandelionPowderman
alfstone
That´s craaaazy!

Link, please!

[www.amazon.co.uk]

That link says £56.99!

When i bought it a few minutes ago, one copy was 34,99 pounds, when you click three copies was 114 more or less, and then they applied a discount of 85!!!! but only when you clicked three, and i don´t know why.....but i checked my mail and the order is ON !!!!!!

Date: December 6, 2016 17:46

alfstone
DandelionPowderman
alfstone
DandelionPowderman
alfstone
That´s craaaazy!

Link, please!

[www.amazon.co.uk]-

5&keywords=blue+%26+lonesome+rolling+stones

That link says £56.99!

When i bought it a few minutes ago, one copy was 34,99 pounds, when you click three copies was 114 more or less, and then they applied a discount of 85!!!! but only when you clicked three, and i don´t know why.....but i checked my mail and the order is ON !!!!!!

I´ve found this amazing offer here.......a great place to grab really great deals:

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Date: December 6, 2016 17:49

alfstone
alfstone
DandelionPowderman
alfstone
DandelionPowderman
alfstone
That´s craaaazy!

Link, please!

[www.amazon.co.uk]-

That link says £56.99!

I´ve found this amazing offer here.......a great place to grab really great deals:

On this late link I´ve posted the offer is still ON!!!! Don´t miss it, just click on grab the deal

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:53

That discount price (10 GBP for deluxe box) was on amazon uk for an hour or two. Now it is gone, the price is back to 35 GBP.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:55

Back up to $42.98 on Amazon USA. Missed it!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 6, 2016 17:58

I've bought this morning Deluxe edition on Amazon UK, I'm from Italy and I've paid 17 Euros with the postage cost included!

Date: December 6, 2016 17:59

ironbelly
That discount price (10 GBP for deluxe box) was on amazon uk for an hour or two. Now it is gone, the price is back to 35 GBP.

Have you tried to simulate buyin three copies just to see if they still applied the discount of 85 GPB ??? Just try

Date: December 6, 2016 18:01

alfstone
alfstone
alfstone
DandelionPowderman
alfstone
DandelionPowderman
alfstone
That´s craaaazy!

Link, please!

[www.amazon.co.uk]-

That link says £56.99!

On this late link I´ve posted the offer is still ON!!!! Don´t miss it, just click on grab the deal

Thanks a lot, man! What a GREAT deal. It's still on, btw smileys with beer

£26.96 for three Deluxe-sets! YAY!!! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-06 18:03 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 6, 2016 18:01

Thank you so much alfstone! I think if it says 3 x Blue and Lonesome Deluxe with a order total of 32 CHF(!!!) in my confirmation email I didn't miss it! smileys with beer

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: December 6, 2016 18:04

LeonidP
Rip This
Socrates1
DoomandGloom
First time listening. It's ok. Tries to hard to sound old, guitR playing is not outstanding, expected more from Ronnie.

Says DoomandGloom! >grinning smiley<

doom & gloom indeed....just another old argument disguised as a dig against RW who absolutely kills it on this record.

Absolutely! I can't see how one could have expected more...

Ronnie is brilliant on this record. As is Mick'a harp. Musically, they are the foundation of it. But it certainly is the 4 of them coming together in a very special way that makes this record great.

This is all Keith's brainchild in more ways than one.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 6, 2016 18:27

alfstone
ironbelly

Have you tried to simulate buyin three copies just to see if they still applied the discount of 85 GPB ??? Just try
I managed to get one copy for 10 GBP in the morning. But yes, I see this discount option now.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 6, 2016 18:57

Thanks very much for the info and link!

Just bought THREE for $33.17 including shipping to US!! Standard shipping has it arriving Dec. 20 - 23rd.. Perfect for gifts!!
(no digital copy inc. for US but at that price.. who cares?!)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 6, 2016 19:02

I think it's awful sorry to say.Wood's little blues tour with Mick Taylor was way better. I don't think there's anything wrong with liking it I just don't like any of it from the grooves, to the production....The endings are particularly brutal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-06 19:12 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 6, 2016 19:08

UK chart update (Friday/Monday sales)

1 Rolling Stones - Blue and Lonesome (75.3k)
2 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together (38.0k)
3 Elvis Presley - The Wonder of You (31.2k)
4 Little Mix - Glory Days (30.9k)
5 Olly Murs - 24 HRS (22.6k)

It sold 10k yesterday and with today's deal at Amazon it will end the week around 90-100k, almost the total sold by ABB so far.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 6, 2016 19:16

Bingo, It worked. Thanks a million for the link. Ships to US by Dec 20-23.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 6, 2016 19:30

Add three more to the total georgelicks - three copies for $33.17 was an offer I couldn't refuse.
(Best Buy still has a single copy listed at $49.99, while Amazon US has it back in stock at $42.98, and the Amazon secondary Marketplace down to $32.45 + 3.99 shipping)

A couple of friends and/or family members will be getting Blue and Lonseome Deluxe as a Christmas gift - whether they like it or not! winking smiley

Thanks for the link alfstone. smileys with beer

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 6, 2016 20:22

I want to amend my earlier comments regarding the sound quality on B and L. I take back much of what I said a few days ago based on a full listen at volume on my main audio system. This album is really a great effort. While a few tracks seem to leave the drum sound in back, most of the tracks do not. Slightly muddy, but that Charlie sound is still right there. Guitars concentrate on the groove with some tasteful economical fills. MJ really shines on this album. This a fun mature Stones blues album that does not miss the mark.

I am looking forward to getting the just ordered UK cd's in a few weeks. Will be interested to compare the sound with what I downloaded from Apple and burned to disc.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home