Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Infamy
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: September 1, 2005 00:19

I really dig it.

When the harp comes in it gives the song a Fat Possum-y sort of vibe

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 2, 2005 20:50

The word game in the lyrics is very wicked! t sounds to me that this song is about Keith's relationship with Mick (like Beast Of Burden and All about you were). Anybody else's got the same feeling?

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: September 4, 2005 01:58

I love this song. I think the riff is very simple but very good. I like this one better than This Place...but I still love that song. Does anyone play the harmonica when he plays it live? I know he doesnt like to have to Mick onstage when it's his turn to sing, but Mick's the man with the harmonica, and I think the harmonica adds to this song a lot.It would be cool to see Mick onstage during Keith's songs. He could just do backup vocals or guitar or something. Steven Tyler stays on stage when Perry sings and doesnt upstage him and it's cool.

Posted by: main offender ()
Date: September 4, 2005 03:23

Wild Wrote "The word game in the lyrics is very wicked! t sounds to me that this song is about Keith's relationship with Mick (like Beast Of Burden and All about you were). Anybody else's got the same feeling?"
- I got the same feeling.

Enfamy is very good, but not a GREAT Keith song. IMHO

I like Mick's participation in this unlike the last 20+ years.

Keiths songs from his solo stuff are much better than ANYTHING he has sung on with Jagger.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 4, 2005 03:46

I like Infamy. Nice groove. I think Keith's solo stuff will always have better keith songs on it because everything was sung by him. The only cuts that have keith on vocals now are ones that don't suit Mick's style (Imfamy) and songs really personal to keith (This place is empty).

Also I like to think this song is about everyone who has it in for him and makes jokes at him while . I.e "He should be dead by now", "Monkey with arthritis" e.t.c.

Date: September 4, 2005 05:14

How many people have heard it a couple of times live?I think it is a good selection for a live concert.

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: September 4, 2005 05:40

I can only agree, retired_dog. The only thing I would add is that apart from KR not too many other musicians would be allowed by their producers to publish such crap. Everyone (including a certain Mr. Richards) makes a mistake at times, but normally there is a producer, who simply tells you that the "song" doesn´t work. Don Was obviously has lost any influence on the band, which I regard as a blessing rather than a mischief. The De-Don-Wasation of the Stones´ formerly bluesorientated music is - imho - the major achievement of "A Bigger Bang".

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Date: September 4, 2005 06:08

Crap????You must be drunk.I don't say all the songs with Richards on lead vocals are great.I don't like Losing My Touch but,I like Infamy better than most of the new songs + it is much better than the 90% crap on Between The Buttons.

Posted by: marston ()
Date: September 4, 2005 06:10

I've listened to Keith sing Run Run Rudolph and if he puts out Jingle Bells this Christmas, I'm buying it!!!!

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: September 4, 2005 06:12

I like this tune... Oh shit, I started this thread sorry for repeating myself smiling smiley!!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 4, 2005 06:17

I just read five pages of utter @#$%& nonsense. If you like the track, play it... if not skip it.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: September 4, 2005 06:23

I'm down with this song...best Keef song since Sleep tonight

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: September 4, 2005 06:27

Bashlets Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read five pages of utter @#$%& nonsense. If
> you like the track, play it... if not skip it.

Good Golly Bashlets could you kindly review my pg. 4 comments (of this thread)?? I'm certainly ready for this one to die.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: September 4, 2005 12:17

I like Infamy! I really do. Strange...

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 5, 2005 15:49

I want to like anyhting Keith does. Really do. But his ballads have really gotten old with me. And now this new idea on the wordlplay of "infamy" (which isn't even his idea to begin with) doean't strike me as the answer to my prayers.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: September 5, 2005 15:50

Agree on his ballads but this is Keith trying to do something else for once. And its not some sentimental crap about his good old heart.

Date: September 5, 2005 15:58

I like the song. Kind of a reggae feel to the riff.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 11, 2005 23:11

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the song. Kind of a reggae feel to the
> riff.

Ever listened to reggae? Know what you're talking about?

Date: September 12, 2005 03:53

The guy didn't say it was a reggae song,he said it has a reggae feel,which it does.I believe,like I have said before,it is a good song & very original not to mention unique. .... haters

Posted by: Sway65 ()
Date: September 12, 2005 07:22

Personally I like Infamy, and I think it's much, much better than This Place Is Empty, which I find to be a fairly tedious, Keef cliche (crooning, Bar-room blues)

Date: September 12, 2005 10:22

<Ever listened to reggae? Know what you're talking about?>

You would be surprised smiling smiley

Skah is more correct. If you know about the origin of reggae, you'll see that songs like Shattered and Luxury are reggae-influenced, and the same goes for Infamy (it's in the beat).

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: September 12, 2005 10:53

Haven't been catched by Infamy yet. Listened to it several times but it does not work on me. Sorry, but it's one of the worse tracks on ABB.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home