Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Infamy
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 31, 2005 01:33

incredible live,,it gives me the spooks

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: August 31, 2005 01:34

TPIE isn`t a good song for me, it`s not bad, but like i said it before, i heard it allready ten times.
That song is no suprise for me. BTW what is meds???

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 31, 2005 01:41

It's OK live but really is a boring melody. I'd rather hear HAPPY! Or Thief in the Night!

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: August 31, 2005 01:46

I agree for whatever reason I do not look forward to see Keith's two numbers, I hope he changes them for the smaller venues.

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: August 31, 2005 02:49

I've always looked forard to Keith's set...it is the highlight of the show!

he always has a funny, yet touching thing to say and I think his vocals have gotten better with each tour.

Imfamy will be a Keith classic

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 31, 2005 03:31

Buddha66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've always looked forard to Keith's set...it is
> the highlight of the show!
> he always has a funny, yet touching thing to say

you mean "it's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere" at 1000.000 shows since 1998 ?

> and I think his vocals have gotten better with
> each tour.

you're quite alone with this opinion...

> Imfamy will be a Keith classic

like You Don't Have To Mean It or Losing My Touch ?

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: August 31, 2005 03:36

Come on guys, sorry for starting this one. The nitpicking is ridiculous.

Let it go. And Btw, if you don't like this track, when u buy the cd, SKIP IT!

And if u do like, fukin' rip the volume knob!!

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 31, 2005 03:40

Amen

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 31, 2005 05:11

you guys take the fun out of all the arguments!

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: August 31, 2005 05:18

i'm getting really worried about some of these songs on the album. i haven't heard a lot of this stuff and it rather is going to be a letdown by the time i hear it.

i certainly hope it's better than say, 'thief in the night','words of wonder','yap yap' and that lot. it's hard to even find a melody or a real song anywhere...it's just what retired dog is saying about the new one. so far it seems the last real rockin' keef we've had maybe was '999' from 'main offender' album (at least where he is featured on lead voc).

Date: August 31, 2005 06:47

About Jagger writing Brown Sugar - yeah he did but,Richards,I'm sure had a big hand in the final product.I doubt it would have turned out to be as good without KR's contribution.About who chooses what songs to play - I think this whole contract thing is blown way out of proportion.There probably was some kind of contract on the '81/'82 tour but I doubt they still need or have one.Obviously it is very doubtful that Jagger has a say in what they play when he is off stage but,everyone else is still involved and they might not play a song the rest of the band does not like.Also,unless you subscribe to the theory that Leavell has total control over what is played,they chose not to play Streets Of Love + I hope it ends up being played just about as much as Tops did.Infamy is not their best song but,it is good music.

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: August 31, 2005 06:59

The more I play this one, sorry to say, the worse it gets. It aint Coming Down Again or You Got the Silver (my fave 2 of his), is it?

Rgds
Rod

Date: August 31, 2005 07:09

I think this has to be said about Streets Of Love : This is the song where, as much as I like 98% of his work,Jagger sounds very much like a homosexual.Not that there is or isn't anything wrong with that but,it's not my cup of tea.It sounds more like Prince or something than Rolling Stones ballads like Keys To Your Love etc.

Posted by: heyheymymyitb ()
Date: August 31, 2005 07:44

I thought it was a standout track at the Hartford show. After listening to the album on the official site today, I think that the studio version is a little lacking in comparison, but still one of the top tracks on A Bigger Bang. It has the same style of using a single catchy, monotonous hook that's been a part of The Stones' repertoire since the early days.

As far as I'm concerned, Infamy is easily a better song than Oh No, Not You Again.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 31, 2005 09:00

Infamy better than ONNYA???? Are you sure you gave a good listen to the studio version?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 31, 2005 09:25

Infamy: right, it sure isn't YGTS or CDA or BTMMR or anything else we've ever heard before.
it's not fast food. it's Keith Richards doing something different.
dig that cool oddball hook and that cool oddball beat.
think of all the times we've heard Keith do an LV turn in a track with a harp on it.
listen to the fun the artist is having with it.
we got no fence around Keith. go baby go! :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: August 31, 2005 09:29

...and it reminds me SO much, but is such a poor cousin, of Yap Yap for some reason.

Rgds
Rod

Date: August 31, 2005 10:31

with sssoul Wrote:
> Infamy: right, it sure isn't YGTS or CDA or BTMMR
> or anything else we've ever heard before.
> it's not fast food. it's Keith Richards doing
> something different.
> dig that cool oddball hook and that cool oddball
> beat.
> think of all the times we've heard Keith do an LV
> turn in a track with a harp on it.
> listen to the fun the artist is having with it.
>
> we got no fence around Keith. go baby go! :E

That's not my point. I'm not impressed by "oddball hooks" and "oddball beats" or harps in tracks or the the fact that an artist does something new as long as the song itself is a boring stinker. It's all about the song. The technical details just don't move me.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: August 31, 2005 10:54

New Album, new bitching. Incredible. This band cannot win. People talking about what they did 25, 30 years ago and comparing it. Get over it. I don't want retreads. If they made an album that sounded like any other album they ever made...they would get slammed. What do you want them to do, change the track order of Beggars, give it a new cover and release it as an album called "A Bigger Bang"?

So KR is trying something different. People cryin' on the board that all Keith does is ballads now....well here is something different, let it simmer a while before you kill it off.

Milo, NYC
Hold back

Date: August 31, 2005 11:27

Milo Yammbag Wrote:
> New Album, new bitching. Incredible. This band
> cannot win. People talking about what they did 25,
> 30 years ago and comparing it. Get over it. I
> don't want retreads. If they made an album that
> sounded like any other album they ever made...they
> would get slammed. What do you want them to do,
> change the track order of Beggars, give it a new
> cover and release it as an album called "A Bigger
> Bang"?
>
> So KR is trying something different. People
> cryin' on the board that all Keith does is ballads
> now....well here is something different, let it
> simmer a while before you kill it off.
>
> Milo, NYC
> Hold back

Milo, again, this is not the point. This thread is not about the new album in general (which is @#$%& good) and not about Keith in general, it's about one song called Infamy.

The bottom line about people cryin' on the board that all Keith does is ballads may be that people are not happy with the ballads themselves. So if the ballad itself is good and grabs people, they would not complain. You Got The Silver, Coming Down Again (from the old days) or - well, relatively (just 20 Years...) - recent stuff like Locked Away (just to name a few) are in a different class than, let's say, Losing My Touch. And at least for me, This Place Is Empty is in a different class than Losing My Touch.

Any way, it's all about music, and it either touches you or not. So everyone's up to their own opion. To each their own. This is not about "new album, new bitching". The album in general is great, I would say outstanding. I would never complain about This Place Is Empty that "all that Keith does is ballads" because this is a good one. If it's good, where's the sense comparing it to older ballads?

But this thread is about Infamy. Like it or not, I don't like it. It's so weak it shudders me. And I wonder why this one had to be the closer of an otherwise great album.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-31 11:43 by retired_dog.

Posted by: maurizio ()
Date: August 31, 2005 11:38

i like the song

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 31, 2005 11:46

retired dog honey, we all get your "point" - you don't like this track.
others dig it, all right?
"to each their own" - so relax, you don't have to counter everyone who hears it differently than you, do you?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: August 31, 2005 12:46

with sssoul Wrote:
> retired dog honey, we all get your "point" - you
> don't like this track.
> others dig it, all right?
> "to each their own" - so relax, you don't have to
> counter everyone who hears it differently than
> you, do you?
>
> "Music, to me, is the joy, right?"
> - Keith
>
> - 2005, by Steven Klein (courtesy newsweek)

You may get my point, but others simply don't. I counter others because they counter me for the wrong reasons. As I've said before, it's not at all about bashing Keith in general, not understanding what he is doing, not liking his tunes in general, bashing the new album, living in the past and all that bullshit thrown against me - just because I simply feel that this song is bullshit.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 31, 2005 13:13

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Thank you for your words, Retired Dog; "I feel it
> necessary to remind everybody that
> this thread is not about Keith's achievements in
> general, it's just about this one
> 'song' Infamy from A Bigger Bang".
>
> But LA Forum usually takes all chances to bash on
> Keith-nowadays.
> He´s the most mature of the Glimmer Twins in 2005,
> and that´s tough sh*it
> to melt for many people. Most of us under
> 50-something have a hard time
> comprehend what´s movin´ around in ool´ Keef´s
> head these days.
>
> I repeat: dont confuse his singing acts with his
> songwriting.
>
> LA: "Yeha, but the music he used to write, are you
> saying he's better now??"
> BB: "Yep."
>
> Just wanna ad d one little - but important thing -
> these kind of discussions often
> (lucky us) end with a summary of the kind 'But the
> co-writing is the
> main thing'. Nanker-Phelge, The GlimmerTwins...
> Anything... The gods were
> on the right mood the nighs in Jagger´s mansion
> when ABB had its genès.
> You can take Keith & Mick from the glimmer,
> but you cant take the Glimmer from the twins...

LA: But the twins can loose their glimmer, right?

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 31, 2005 13:19

I like ONNYA - in fact it may be their best song the last twenty years. I loved it on the PC. But, Keiths songs in general today arent as good as they used to. Thief in the night, I like it a lot, Slipping away is good too and the wortst was good with Willie Nelson but I think he's lost himself in the myth. Its not like anything he touches turns to gold.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: August 31, 2005 16:43

I think it's a good track.

Milo, NYC
You got it in for me

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 31, 2005 17:45

Infamy is my favorite song on a Bigger Bang. I keeo playing it, fantastic groove. What's not to like? On the new records, the last, Keith song has been my favorite - How Can I Stop?, Thru and Thru, Slipping Away were all the best songs on the albums they came from.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 31, 2005 18:22

listen to the intro on brand new car then listen to the intro on infamy
keith must of had up his attenas again - what do you think

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 31, 2005 18:53

One man's meat is another man's poison and each to their own. I think this is a great track and others don't. Everyone will like something that others don't and vice-versa. Do I care? NO. Just like I don't care that non-Stones fans think the likes of us are all completely mad. So what?

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: September 1, 2005 00:01

retired_dog sad..............................................................

You may get my point, but others simply don't. I counter others because they counter me for the wrong reasons.

Sorry if you feel that way retired dog, i only give my opinion, i whas not trying to convinse you, if i hurt your feelings, i`m sorry for that.
Have a nice stones tour!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home