Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 26
Re: "The Rolling Stones in Mono" - September 30 2016.
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 5, 2016 19:17

TeddyB1018
ironbelly
Cristiano Radtke

On Amazon UK the 15 CD box-set is listed with the price of £140.99.
I know it's only amazon, but
Label: Commercial Marketing

That's Universal, isn't it?

Now it says "Polydor": [www.amazon.fr]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 5, 2016 19:45

Cristiano Radtke
TeddyB1018
ironbelly

Label: Commercial Marketing

That's Universal, isn't it?

Could be a revived PolyGram brand:

Polydor/PolyGram is now a part of the Universal Music Group: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Date: August 5, 2016 20:10

Cristiano Radtke

Even more to come at Amazon.fr:

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: August 5, 2016 20:21

Are there any major differences between the stereo and mono for the Stones recordings? Do you prefer one over the other or good to have both?

Date: August 5, 2016 20:25

child-of-the-moon

Even more to come at Amazon:

THE ROLLING STONES - ANOTHER TIME ANOTHER PLACE - 6 CD BOX SET

Here the link for [www.amazon.co.uk] .

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 5, 2016 20:36

Irix
child-of-the-moon

Even more to come at Amazon:

THE ROLLING STONES - ANOTHER TIME ANOTHER PLACE - 6 CD BOX SET

Here the link for [www.amazon.co.uk] .

These are not official releases, they're all recordings that have been allowed to fall out of copyright and which have all circulated for years on bootlegs.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-05 20:39 by Deltics.

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: August 5, 2016 20:49

This one has a (not very good) picture of the albums...allegedly. 15 CDs for £109.99.

https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/time-fades-away-vinyl-lp-50245

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: August 5, 2016 21:28

If this one is released by ABCKO (??) Then why don't put out a press release ?

I don't want to buy a product that is more or less a counterfeit product if this is the case.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: August 6, 2016 08:53

I changed opinion on Another Time, Another Place, it is an authorized bootleg with front cover using the famous artwork that Abkco commissioned but never used.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: August 6, 2016 10:15

Beware Greeks bearing gifts
If it looks too good to be true then beware that these are boots rehashed and packaged attractively and offered at high price range to justify their alleged authenticity.
There are people out there who are aware that due to lack of new Stones material since 2006 that long time fans can be easily persuaded to part with their hard earned cash for substandard content.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-06 10:18 by stones40.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: August 6, 2016 11:27

stones40
Beware Greeks bearing gifts
If it looks too good to be true then beware that these are boots rehashed and packaged attractively and offered at high price range to justify their alleged authenticity.
There are people out there who are aware that due to lack of new Stones material since 2006 that long time fans can be easily persuaded to part with their hard earned cash for substandard content.

You are talking about the "Another Time" box, not the "Mono" box, right?

Date: August 6, 2016 12:06

ab
[www.amazon.co.uk]

It would appear to be for real!

This "Mono" box looks very nice.

We should be grateful for this, but (collectors always find something to moan about) why does it have to be a mix of UK albums and US albums (which are a mess in terms of tracklists). And where is "Got Live If You Want It"? They should have done two separate boxes one for the UK and and one for the US albums. Just like the Beatles did with the "In Mono" (UK albums + compilation of non-album tracks) and "The U.S. Albums" boxes. I understand that there is demand for the US albums, because US fans grew up with them, but if you grew up with the UK versions, the US albums don't make sense. Plus the UK versions are the original artistic statements by the band. Two separate boxes would take care of both worlds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-06 12:07 by MrEcho.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: August 6, 2016 12:32

Be careful as things shown on Amazon are not necessarily what they seem plus
the high buying price does not mean that the product for sale is the real thing.

Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: August 6, 2016 13:28

A little confused with some of the choices. Why release the US version of Aftermath in this no for just paint it black? Or why Now! if we are getting No. 2? And is the debut the UK or US version?

Date: August 6, 2016 13:39

stones40
Be careful as things shown on Amazon are not necessarily what they seem plus
the high buying price does not mean that the product for sale is the real thing.

You are right, for example amazon does sell bootlegs that have fallen out of copyright (in the EU everything pre-1963 and everything post-1962 that was not officially released within 50 years of fixation) and copies of official albums that have fallen out of copyright (again, in the EU everything pre-1963). Those releases are legal.* But the official 1960s albums by The Rolling Stones still have copyright on them and therefore the "Mono" box would be a counterfeit (illegal) product if not released by Universal or affiliated labels. And amazon does not sell counterfeit products. Of course soemtimes things slip through the net, but I deem that to be unlikely in this case. So, I think the "Mono" box is an official product.

*according to Directive 2011/77/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 September 2011

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-06 13:42 by MrEcho.

Date: August 6, 2016 13:53

jackflash1129
A little confused with some of the choices. Why release the US version of Aftermath in this no for just paint it black? Or why Now! if we are getting No. 2? And is the debut the UK or US version?

Based on the design (white border), I would think the debut is the UK version. The US version did not have the white border.

As I said above they should have done two boxes, one for the UK albums, one for the US albums, each with a compilation of non-album tracks. For European fans the US versions are confusing and in some cases simply a mess.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 6, 2016 14:42

Incredible that people on here are STILL suspicious about this release!
Look at the presentation picture. Zoom on it. It's ABKCO's logo on the spines!
And regarding a press release. 9 ot of 10 times, Amazon get's the information about releases before the label's releases official statements. This has happend countless times with Beatles releases.

For information, it's the UK version of the debut album. This means that this is the absolute first time ABKCO releases the first 2 UK albums on cd.

Ommisions from the box are England's Newest Hitmakers (available seperatly in mono already) and the US version of Between The Buttons. Reasons could be many (probably to keep the price or discs down), but the most reasonable one are that Let's Spend The Night Together and Ruby Tuesday All mixes missing from the US version, however, are available on Flowers.

Stray Cats are a new compilation of non-UK/US albums tracks.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2016 17:12

JumpinJimF
This one has a (not very good) picture of the albums...allegedly. 15 CDs for £109.99.

https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/time-fades-away-vinyl-lp-50245

price dropped to 99.99

Date: August 6, 2016 19:04

MrEcho
ab
[www.amazon.co.uk]

We should be grateful for this, but (collectors always find something to moan about) why does it have to be a mix of UK albums and US albums (which are a mess in terms of tracklists). And where is "Got Live If You Want It"? They should have done two separate boxes one for the UK and and one for the US albums. Just like the Beatles did with the "In Mono" (UK albums + compilation of non-album tracks) and "The U.S. Albums" boxes. I understand that there is demand for the US albums, because US fans grew up with them, but if you grew up with the UK versions, the US albums don't make sense. Plus the UK versions are the original artistic statements by the band. Two separate boxes would take care of both worlds.

We don't know what's on the "Stray Cats"-album, though..

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 6, 2016 19:35

MrEcho
ab
[www.amazon.co.uk]

For the 1000th time: No they were not! The US versions were envisioned by the band themselves, as the US demanded more product. Confirmed by a personal conversation between yours truly and Andrew Oldham several years back.

Posted by: masoudi ()
Date: August 6, 2016 22:46

I believe it might say Stray Cuts. That would explain an extra LP of additional songs. I'm glad they put the US and UK as one mono box. Let's hope TSMR is true mono and not a fold down. I hope the sound and packaging is the same quality as the Beatles mono box. Do it once do it well!

Date: August 7, 2016 03:51

ordered the mono cd box...the vinyl's a bit rich...$500? come on!

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: August 7, 2016 18:26

treaclefingers

Vinyl is £250 here https://www.spincds.com/time-fades-away-vinyl-lp-50238

About $350. Still not cheap though.

Date: August 7, 2016 18:28

JumpinJimF
treaclefingers

Vinyl is £250 here https://www.spincds.com/time-fades-away-vinyl-lp-50238

About $350. Still not cheap though.

i'm from that third world nation known as canada though. once you factor in exchange and shipping....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-08 06:14 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: August 8, 2016 13:21

any Infos about a Release in Germany ?
Amazon.de or jpc.de

Date: August 8, 2016 14:15

basti

any Infos about a Release in Germany ?

It's on [www.jpc.de] - 16 LPs (EUR 469.99) or 15 CDs (EUR 194.99), release date: September 30, 2016.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-08 14:25 by Irix.

Date: August 8, 2016 15:24

Thanks Irix

JPC 470 €, so I order the box in UK and I pay with Ship 330 € !

Date: August 8, 2016 16:26

Now the Mono Box is 339 € by JPC

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: August 8, 2016 22:37

tracks on "Stray Cats"?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 9, 2016 01:28

The cd version is cheap from AmazonUK. 15 discs for about $130.00 USA. I ordered it and am not complaining

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home