Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 27, 2017 23:49

Not to be impolitic, but the thing is, he ruined the live version of a great song with his monotone non-singing. Dave Matthews, that is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 23:50 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 00:39

I believe that The Stones do not owe us anything! It would be great to get a European Tour and then maybe back to the States. I would love to see them play in Madison Square Garden in New York City. But if Vegas was the last public gig then it is okay with me. I have seen them 16 times and my last show in Buffalo was absolutely incredible, it would be a great one to be my very last Stones show!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 28, 2017 00:52

I believe The Stones ows us! I want my money back! ....(just kidding).....

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:01

Stoneage
I believe The Stones ows us! I want my money back! ....(just kidding).....
Haa! Tons of money backgrinning smiley...

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:25

I happen to like Dave Matthews myself. He and his band play real instruments, which seems to be a lot to ask for these days. Kanye West opened for the Stones for 2006's Bang tour in NJ. Talk about someone who sucks.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 28, 2017 01:34

LuvtheJag43
I believe that The Stones do not owe us anything! It would be great to get a European Tour and then maybe back to the States. I would love to see them play in Madison Square Garden in New York City. But if Vegas was the last public gig then it is okay with me. I have seen them 16 times and my last show in Buffalo was absolutely incredible, it would be a great one to be my very last Stones show!
Agree.
That Buffalo show was a great show.
And despite Mick's illness resulting in a somewhat shortened set, the Vegas show was also a fantastic show that I would also be happy to call my last live show. The way the band rallied around Mick after the cancellation, the guitars- the sound- made for a fantastic concert!
Course, I'm not ready to call it my last just yet.. nor do I think the band is.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: February 28, 2017 03:51

I'm with MrDDDD about the Vegas show. I agree about the spirit and the sound, plus I did a major self upgrade on some mid-grade lucky dips, so if that was my last show, I'm going out on a high note. But we always want one more... I'm travelling in Europe in June, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2017 04:24

For me, Vegas was rather weak when you consider the abbreviated setlist and Mick not being able to give 100% vocally- he tried, but really felt bad for him. Having seen the two Desert Trip shows prior, Vegas was really anticlimactic - definitely not one of their best shows imo. Highlights were Midnight Rambler, Ride 'em on Down, and Keith's three song set. But if Vegas was the last time I see them, it's comforting to know I only paid a fraction of face value to be there. With that said, I prefer to consider Desert Trip 2 the last time when they were all on the same page as a true band. In the end, I've seen them so many times with so many great memories that those last shows are really like gravy - albeit lumpy gravy. Sincerely hoping they play some live shows in Europe for those who have been anxiously waiting!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 28, 2017 08:09

Vegas Was Weak. Desert Trip Better.

Date: February 28, 2017 22:25

DREAMTIME

Desert Trip Weekend 2 was a great Stones show

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 1, 2017 05:33

jumpontopofmebaby
DREAMTIME

Desert Trip Weekend 2 was a great Stones show

Desert Trip Weekend 1 was great as welll. The addition of "Come Together" was
a nice surprise too.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 1, 2017 11:42

Just took a look at the last two pages and no post has anything to do with the rumored Euro tour for this year.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 1, 2017 11:57

leteyer
Just took a look at the last two pages and no post has anything to do with the rumored Euro tour for this year.

Indeed so ... but you obviously haven't heard the latest then ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 1, 2017 12:05

And what is that ... I hear you ask ?

It's THIS !

That there's heaps more pages of absolutely nothing, in addition to the existing volume of (a) unsubstantiated rumours, (b) meaningless gossip, (c) ridiculous suggestions, (d) dreamlike fantasies ... and now (e) critiques of past shows

So we're now up at 45 pages of garbage !!

This is the wrong thread if you're after info about 'The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017' ... you need to look elsewhere for that !

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 1, 2017 14:42

Bandsintown is normally fairly reliable : [www.bandsintown.com] - not sure about that Sunset Tavern date though ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 1, 2017 14:49

[www.ticketweb.com]

"The Rolling Stones"
(Alternative Rock)
America's rawest Rolling Stones cover band. Featuring members from Seattle's finest rock, punk, and weirdo bands.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 1, 2017 16:40

Lien

"The Rolling Stones"

America's rawest Rolling Stones cover band.

Strange that they use the same name, because 'The Rolling Stones' is a worldwide protected Brand: "The Rolling Stones brand is exceptionally valuable and is therefore protected around the world." -- [www.Novagraaf.com] .

From 'The Seattle Times': "Local cover band 'The Rolling Stones': not a bunch of lame dads" -- [old.seattletimes.com] .

Rolling Stones tribute band in Seattle called "The Rolling Stones" -- [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 1, 2017 17:25

paulywaul
And what is that ... I hear you ask ?

It's THIS !

That there's heaps more pages of absolutely nothing, in addition to the existing volume of (a) unsubstantiated rumours, (b) meaningless gossip, (c) ridiculous suggestions, (d) dreamlike fantasies ... and now (e) critiques of past shows

So we're now up at 45 pages of garbage !!

This is the wrong thread if you're after info about 'The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017' ... you need to look elsewhere for that !

Ha, ha, ha...You are right, got distracted by the subject info...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 1, 2017 17:32

Brian Jones rejoins as it seems

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 1, 2017 19:58

Monsoon Ragoon
Brian Jones rejoins as it seems

If Brian rejoines for the Euro17 tour - will he then be the new guy? And what about Ron?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 1, 2017 20:32

Lien
[www.ticketweb.com]

"The Rolling Stones"
(Alternative Rock)
America's rawest Rolling Stones cover band. Featuring members from Seattle's finest rock, punk, and weirdo bands.

April 1 seems a perfect day to catch this band in action at The Sunset..
Thanks for the info.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 6, 2017 09:33

Seems like the plans for a tour still live. Bv had updated the subject March 3rd (yet without any comments here)(except for mine winking smiley )

Date: March 6, 2017 10:31

Thommie
Seems like the plans for a tour still live. Bv had updated the subject March 3rd (yet without any comments here)(except for mine winking smiley )

Mmm yes ... an intimate little gig of (gulp) ... 200,000 odd people in Sarajevo ! WTF ?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 6, 2017 11:10

Two and a half months for 6 or 8 shows?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2017 11:16

I dont care, if they take 3 years for 6-8 shows. i will be so happy if i can catch them a few more times !!
jeroen

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 6, 2017 11:54

It's basically imperative that our boys finish on a high in Europe, preferably London obviously... But they'll keep on playing until they drop so there will be more shows.... I just hope we can catch 'em this year as well!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 6, 2017 12:50

I looked up Sarajevo and was astounded by the beauty
[www.a-girlwhotravels.com]

Do not see a venue. 200k in Bjelasnica?
I get deep in the mountains
skiing, but a place for rock n roll?

Edit: must be playing here:
[www.fksarajevo.ba]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-06 12:56 by 35love.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 6, 2017 13:53

Monsoon Ragoon
Two and a half months for 6 or 8 shows?

The rumoured date (June 3) for Spielberg has been "debunked" in the local press. Karl Denson's band has a show booked in Oregon on June 17. And his next shows are booked for August 18-20. So less than a two month window, including some rehearsal and travel time.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 6, 2017 14:12

"The rumoured date (June 3) for Spielberg has been "debunked" in the local press. Karl Denson's band has a show booked in Oregon on June 17. And his next shows are booked for August 18-20. So less than a two month window, including some rehearsal and travel time."

Oh dear, if that's not a bad sign I wouldn't know what is... Bloody zika made me cancel SA 2016. Bugger.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: March 6, 2017 17:15

MadMax
"The rumoured date (June 3) for Spielberg has been "debunked" in the local press. Karl Denson's band has a show booked in Oregon on June 17. And his next shows are booked for August 18-20. So less than a two month window, including some rehearsal and travel time."

Oh dear, if that's not a bad sign I wouldn't know what is... Bloody zika made me cancel SA 2016. Bugger.
And who says that Karl Denson is touring with the Stones this year?
Maybe he's doing it just like Lisa - and tours on his own confused smiley

Anyway if BV's Sarajevo-date will come true a tour start on June 3rd seems highly unlikely... if they are doing only 6-8 shows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-06 17:17 by bernard90mike.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home