Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 20, 2017 23:15

winking smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 20, 2017 23:29

mailexile67
I think that in this week, in a couple of days all the Stones will be in a London studio...cool smileythumbs up

These days, do they ALL have to be in the same studio together?
Surely Keith could send over his contributions to London, from some studio in NYC ?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 20, 2017 23:46

mailexile67
@George V
...Hotels?!?Four years ago I stayed two night without sleeping in Stansted airport to see the Stones in Hyde Park from Italy!spinning smiley sticking its tongue outgrinning smileysmoking smiley

Not bad, one night for me on the 6th at St Pancras and one night at Heathrow terminal 5 on the 13th, what we do for the Stones, hehe...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 21, 2017 01:14

Deathgod
sorry to be the carrier of sad news
But I just heard no shows this European summer
can't name source but he is very reliable

Main Defender can fill you in on all the details. He knows everything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-21 01:47 by mpj200.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 21, 2017 01:26

Fall, that's different for a Europe tour, correct? Cool....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 21, 2017 02:03

gotdablouse
mailexile67
@George V
...Hotels?!?Four years ago I stayed two night without sleeping in Stansted airport to see the Stones in Hyde Park from Italy!spinning smiley sticking its tongue outgrinning smileysmoking smiley

Not bad, one night for me on the 6th at St Pancras and one night at Heathrow terminal 5 on the 13th, what we do for the Stones, hehe...

I waited up overnight on my own before HP1. It was a big laugh though with Stones fans from all over Europe there. Some of us tried to sleep at the entrance but the Police asked us to leave sad smiley There were already about 60 people there by 6am. Great memories. I was at Both Hyde Psrk shows.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 21, 2017 02:23

jlowe
mailexile67
I think that in this week, in a couple of days all the Stones will be in a London studio...cool smileythumbs up

Surely Keith could send over his contributions to London, from some studio in NYC ?

They weren't for BRIDGES and BANG so obviously, no.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 21, 2017 02:42

GasLightStreet
jlowe
mailexile67

They weren't for BRIDGES and BANG so obviously, no.

That would mean, IMO, they've learned nothing about the success of B & L.
But this is wrong thread for that,
here it is:
Are the RS planning anymore shows??

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 21, 2017 10:16

I think that those who say things like "if they don't play in 2017, they will play in 2018, 2019 etc." are missing very important factor here: these guys are over 70 now (Ronnie will be 70 this June). It's very sad but some artists their age and younger die (Bowie, Lemmy, Dio) others retire (Rush, Black Sabbath). We are still very lucky that they are active to this point, but with every year chances for the tour are thinning rapidly. sad smiley I hope we will see at least handful of shows, but if it's true that there are no shows in 2017, my hopes get much smaller.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: February 21, 2017 10:51

If the studio rumour is true, then that needs focus. They don't want to prepare a 12 week-tour.
Maybe some shows in the summer sun, and a couple arena shows in fall.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 21, 2017 12:18

mailexile67
@George V

Completely off topic, but in 2006, I saw the Stones in the lobby of the George V hotel!

Date: February 21, 2017 13:10

mpj200
Deathgod

I can tell you your edit was in bad form. You're the one who stated shows in the Fall mpj.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 21, 2017 14:37

drbryant
mailexile67
@George V

Completely off topic, but in 2006, I saw the Stones in the lobby of the George V hotel!

...setlist? smoking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 21, 2017 15:08

drbryant
mailexile67
@George V

You could probably buy ten stones tickets for the price of one night in that hotel,lovely hotel though.

Nate

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 21, 2017 15:17

Deathgod

If Croke Park is before the solstice (6-20-17) then you're right but that's not the only show they're going to do.

Date: February 22, 2017 06:56

Maindefender
mpj200
Deathgod

I can tell you your edit was in bad form. You're the one who stated shows in the Fall mpj.

Bad form? Right mate. Things change. I was going to update the thread, but decided against it. I think you know why.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-22 17:36 by mpj200.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 22, 2017 07:28

Because you're headed into the studio with the band is my guess.

Date: February 22, 2017 09:32

mpj200
Maindefender
mpj200
Deathgod

Bad form? Right mate. Things chang. I was going to update the thread, but decided against it. I think you know why.

Keep leading us to the water my friend, appreciate your contributions.....cool smileythumbs up

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 22, 2017 10:14

I won't quote all the above, but it's like a cryptic crossword ffs !

I suppose we'll just have to wait. Bottom line is that The Stones never committed to any dates / tour this year. It's all speculation started ......here.

A "Blues event" is more likely

sc uk

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 22, 2017 12:19

Now that would be wild, if there never was a tour planned. Did we try to push/rumor them into it.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 22, 2017 14:12

Quite, actually really fancy the blues event in a small London Venue smoking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 22, 2017 15:36

I don't think Bjornulf designs a page maps and dates for merriment.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 22, 2017 15:51

No...

...but it does provide the casual observer with much merriment as the rumour mills continue to grind on these pages grinning smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 22, 2017 16:09

Spud
No...

...but it does provide the casual observer with much merriment as the rumour mills continue to grind on these pages grinning smiley

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: February 22, 2017 17:45

Rocky Dijon
Because you're headed into the studio with the band is my guess.

I wouldn't be there mate even if they were. Something has caused summer plans to change. Im not too sure what it was. It could very well be working on the record. But it's not looking too good for a summer tour. Hopefully something will come together for some shows before year's end.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 22, 2017 20:17

franzk
I think that those who say things like "if they don't play in 2017, they will play in 2018, 2019 etc." are missing very important factor here: these guys are over 70 now (Ronnie will be 70 this June). It's very sad but some artists their age and younger die (Bowie, Lemmy, Dio) others retire (Rush, Black Sabbath). We are still very lucky that they are active to this point, but with every year chances for the tour are thinning rapidly. sad smiley I hope we will see at least handful of shows, but if it's true that there are no shows in 2017, my hopes get much smaller.

Fair points, however it does seem that many contributors see to imply that the group members are 'on their last legs'. Some personal observations:

1. None of the members have particularly hinted that they want to quit touring (unlike, for example, Clapton and Paul Simon).
2.Whilst we cannot know everything, health wise they all seem to be functioning well....given the intrusiveness of the media these days we would probably know of any hospital stays, in any case many musicians continue with quite indifferent health
3.Compared to most of their contemporaries the group have a very luxurious time, touring wise. Best hotels, loads of staff to deal with all the miraid of distractions. In other words not your average working musicians.
4. Mick, if he chose does not need to put on his athletics show, the public would still buy the tickets.
5. Dylan does far more touring,likewise Bill up until his health care. Bill was born 1936, Keith a full SEVEN years later. (and people are always going on about how amazing Keith's constitution is). Charlie's heroes in the jazz world generally go on until they drop.
6. They don't anymore tour to plug new product.
7. They are still in demand, can still sell tickets.

If the collective will is there, why can't they continue until the 2020's ?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 22, 2017 22:13

Yes, absolutely they do!winking smileythumbs up

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 23, 2017 22:27

The will is there.

Posted by: heart34 ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:13

Sorry to say but I think Paris Stade de France on June 24 is very unlikely.
Why? You can visit the "SDF" amongst other touristic sites in Paris, but only when there is no concert, sports, etc.
Please have a look at [www.cultival.fr] (this is an official booking site indeed).
You'll see that you can book visits for any day unless the colour is grey because of a concert or something (e.g. on July 1: Depeche Mode, July 7: Guns 'n Roses, July 15: Coldplay etc).
And unfortunately the date of June 24 is NOT in grey, meaning you can visit the stadium, probably because there will be NO event on that day.
Did someone else notice that or have more info?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-23 23:15 by heart34.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 23, 2017 23:17

In my opinion if there will be some gigs.it will be a couple of Festivals...Maybe Knebworth and/or another couple...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home