Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Date: March 9, 2017 14:54

Irix
Karlos123

If you do the maths: No. $4 million for the band would mean for $200 per ticket at Waldbühne just for the band. No venue, no promoter, nothing else would have been paid. And highest tickets were 250€. Not possible.

I had tried it here: [iorr.org] .

5 Million US-$ per Show could mean 1.7 Million revenue if production costs are 2/3 of the entire costs.

1.7 Milllion US-$ revenue per Show (before Tax) could mean 250.000 US-$ each for Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie - plus approx. 100,000 US-$ for each Touring-member (Darryl J., Chuck L., Bernard F., Sasha A., Matt C., Tim R., Karl D.).

For 5 Million US-$ must an Audience of 50,000 people pay 100 US-$ each for Tickets - further costs could be covered by Sponsors.

That looks spot on.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2017 14:55

slewan

well, at least in Germany the weather in September is usually much better than in June (in fact it's often very rainy in June and sometimes quite could, too)

It can be in Germany in September also worse than in June (very rainy and quite cold).

Do you remember Berlin Olympic Stadium 26-Aug-1998? Nuremberg 13-Jun-1998 was better weather-wise.

Nuremberg was only a little bit cold, but Berlin was rainy and really cold.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 9, 2017 15:05

Irix
slewan

well, at least in Germany the weather in September is usually much better than in June (in fact it's often very rainy in June and sometimes quite could, too)

It can be in Germany in September also worse than in June (very rainy and quite cold).

Do you remember Berlin Olympic Stadium 26-Aug-1998? Nuremberg 13-Jun-1998 was better weather-wise.

Nuremberg was only a little bit cold, but Berlin was rainy and really cold.

The weather in Germany in June and September is pretty similar. But this is a little OT.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2017 15:20

Monsoon Ragoon

But this is a little OT.

Not quite if they really play in Nijmegen again .... winking smiley

(ABB-Tour, Goffert Park, Nijmegen, Netherlands, June 8, 2007)

Date: March 9, 2017 15:23

Irix
Monsoon Ragoon

But this is a little OT.

Not quite if they really play in Nijmegen again .... winking smiley

(ABB-Tour, Goffert Park, Nijmegen, Netherlands, June 8, 2007)

That's why they debuted She Was Hot for Europe here. Maybe this had not happened if they had played Erfurt which was the first rumour for this day ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 16:03 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 9, 2017 15:28

Well, Ziggodome, Amsterdam in October seems like a good venue. (at least for me).
Jeroen

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 9, 2017 15:42

Maths.

Why is it called maths and not math?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 9, 2017 16:36

GasLightStreet
Maths.

Why is it called maths and not math?

Because it's short for mathematicS, not mathematic.

Rod

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 9, 2017 16:57

Irix
Karlos123

If you do the maths: No. $4 million for the band would mean for $200 per ticket at Waldbühne just for the band. No venue, no promoter, nothing else would have been paid. And highest tickets were 250€. Not possible.

I had tried it here: [iorr.org] .

5 Million US-$ per Show could mean 1.7 Million revenue if production costs are 2/3 of the entire costs.

1.7 Milllion US-$ revenue per Show (before Tax) could mean 250,000 US-$ each for Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie - plus approx. 100,000 US-$ for each Touring-member (Darryl J., Chuck L., Bernard F., Sasha A., Matt C., Tim R., Karl D.).

For 5 Million US-$ must an Audience of 50,000 people pay 100 US-$ each for Tickets - further costs could be covered by Sponsors.

don't forget all the money made by selling merchandise stuff and I guess they get also a share of all the drinks and food being sold at the shows

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2017 17:25

Many bands tour Europe outside the summer season. I would not be surprised if the Stones delay their plans in Europe and do a fall tour instead.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 9, 2017 17:29

Is that a 'hint' or just a feeling BV?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 9, 2017 17:30

bv
Many bands tour Europe outside the summer season. I would not be surprised if the Stones delay their plans in Europe and do a fall tour instead.

I think indoors is better for the Stones now. No dust, rain, excess heat or cold. Less likely to cause health issues like singing problems, and more likely to keep going for longer.

Obviously the issue is ticket prices will be higher on average - it may be less cost for the stage etc. but the crew and equipment is similar.

But I'd rather have more gigs, more likely, and pay some more. Sorry for all the field-standing fanatics... it the reality of their age, and mine!!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 9, 2017 17:37

That picture of the Bigger Bang stage makes me miss the big outdoor productions. Their stage set the past few years has been so ordinary.

Date: March 9, 2017 17:42

bv

Fall would be good, and i am more than willing to pay more money.
jeroen

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 9, 2017 17:44

What are we supposed to do with their love?? Yeah I am also saving up big time, lets go out with a BANG!!!!

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 17:47 by MadMax.

Date: March 9, 2017 17:55

MadMax
What are we supposed to do with their love?? Yeah I am also saving up big time, lets go out with a BANG!!!!

smileys with beer

smileys with beerhot smiley
Yeah baby, Lets Rock!!
Jeroen

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 9, 2017 18:03

I am MAD 4 IT!!! Come On!!! Let us get a arena tour in the autumn, ya know the booze gets downed twice as fast when it's a bit colder outside!!!

smileys with beer

Date: March 9, 2017 18:26

DEmerson
Is that a 'hint' or just a feeling BV?

My guess is..its a Hint.
Jeroen

Date: March 9, 2017 18:30

If they do a fall tour in 10-20.000 capacity arenas then the ticket prices will be 200-300 Euro. Not very likely IMHO.

Date: March 9, 2017 18:37

Monsoon Ragoon
If they do a fall tour in 10-20.000 capacity arenas then the ticket prices will be 200-300 Euro. Not very likely IMHO.

Im gonna be there, no matter what .
Jeroen

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 9, 2017 18:38

If they play arenas shows the lower tier and floor in Front half of auditoriums will be about €1000 if not more.

Sc uk

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 9, 2017 18:41

In september the sun goes down much earlier, which is better for the lights in case of open air shows.
The 1998 september dates were sometimes chilly and rainy, but so can dates in june be

Date: March 9, 2017 18:53

straycatuk
If they play arenas shows the lower tier and floor in Front half of auditoriums will be about €1000 if not more.

Sc uk

Nobody would turn up, not even in London.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2017 19:11

The tour in South America was 100% complete but never confirmed, then it got delayed and they did it during the spring of 2016 eventually. I do still have the original dates, I think they included Costa Rica. The Rolling Stones have the luxury of being able to sign late and change at any time up to the point when something is signed.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: March 9, 2017 19:20

An interesting change of events these last few weeks, it seems. As much as I loved the stadium energy of the crowd in Buenos Aires I'd prefer to see the band in an arena in Europe. At this point, here's to hoping we get any Stones shows in 2017! I'll be there for 1-2, come hell or high water

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: March 9, 2017 19:25

It's great if the Stones do anything at this stage but I think it would be cool if they did stadiums just to show the world they can still pack those places after all these many, many years! Rock on boys! There's something about the thrill of a huge stadium crowd all hyped up for the Stones is almost a religious experience!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 9, 2017 19:36

Monsoon Ragoon
straycatuk

Sc uk

Yep. They only got away with the OTT prices for 50 & Counting at the O2 in 2012 because it was their 1st shows anywhere in over 5 years and were then thought to be a one-off. No way will they be able to repeat those prices and they would be foolish to try. I will grudgingly go up to 200EUR but not much more...

Date: March 9, 2017 19:49

grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon
straycatuk

Sc uk

Yep. They only got away with the OTT prices for 50 & Counting at the O2 in 2012 because it was their 1st shows anywhere in over 5 years and were then thought to be a one-off. No way will they be able to repeat those prices and they would be foolish to try. I will grudgingly go up to 200EUR but not much more...
I will pay up to 500 euro, and not more.
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 9, 2017 19:54

corriecas
grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon
straycatuk

Sc uk

I will pay up to 500 euro, and not more.
Jeroen

Not everyone's like you though Jeroen. I love the Stones as much as anyone here but I have my limits. I turned up at O2 Show 1 without a ticket and waited for prices to fall, eventually getting in for £100, albeit missing the start. While I could have paid full whack, I refused to do so and I was ready to walk away.

Seriously, provided the shows are sensibly priced, they can make a good profit for themselves and please the fans.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 9, 2017 20:21

Nobody knows anything. There's so many conflicting theories that this thread has become a farce.

It'll happen, we just don't when. Let the few pretending they know stop pretending.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home