Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped - Tumbling Dice
Posted by: GivenToFly08 ()
Date: June 27, 2016 12:43

alimente
It may sound a bit nitpicking, but the Tumbling Dice intro is neither a "soundcheck" nor a "rehearsal", it's simply a "backstage warm-up" in a dressing room to get into the mood for the show. They do a variety of songs there in a similar style, like "All Down The Line", "Dead Flowers" and others. Good stuff!

That's correct! Thanks.

Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 28, 2016 06:20

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: July 3, 2016 21:08

Even though I heard some on Spotify, I finally opened my totally stripped collection....

I think this is the best live document that has been released since Ive been an adult. It's The Rolling Stones... I think the CD takes you through what being at a Stones concert IS. They gave us I GO WILD, a great GIMMIE SHELTER..a few rare ones...and the track listing is commercially awesome.

The sound is great, and reminds me what is was like to follow the Stones during Voodoo Lounge...one of the best times of my life. Saw 18 shows that tour, including the first RFK show from dead center 2nd row.

PLUS they gave us all three theater shows on Blue Ray...I mean come on...!

The collectors want everything to do with this era...the Toshiba recordings, all of them, and all the rare bits. I'm happy, I am a Rolling Stones fan, seen them live all over the world, and still they sound fresh to me, I am thankful for this document. Waiting patiently for No Security San Jose shows...then I have it all...

Tell the wife and kids to leave you alone, go down in the room with the big 4k screen...have all your cooler, snacks and mixings ready, do your pre show shit..turn the lights low, and put Totally Stripped on that big 4k screen...just do it, dance, sing and shut the @#$%& up.

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: July 3, 2016 21:13

onestep
Even though I heard some on Spotify, I finally opened my totally stripped collection....

I think this is the best live document that has been released since Ive been an adult. It's The Rolling Stones... I think the CD takes you through what being at a Stones concert IS. They gave us I GO WILD, a great GIMMIE SHELTER..a few rare ones...and the track listing is commercially awesome.

The sound is great, and reminds me what is was like to follow the Stones during Voodoo Lounge...one of the best times of my life. Saw 18 shows that tour, including the first RFK show from dead center 2nd row.

The collectors want everything to do with this era...the Toshiba recordings, all of them, and all the rare bits. I'm happy, I am a Rolling Stones fan, seen them live all over the world, and still they sound fresh to me, I am thankful for this document. Waiting patiently for No Security San Jose shows...then I have it all...

Tell the wife and kids to leave you alone, go down in the room with the big 4k screen...have all your cooler, snacks and mixings ready, do your pre show shit..turn the lights low, and put Totally Stripped on that big 4k screen...just do it, dance, sing and shut the @#$%& up.

Well spoken , best release in a Long Long Time

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 3, 2016 21:27

Irix
kowalski

Now, if only they could include complete artwork along with the music files that would be perfect.

The same with iTunes -- sometimes there's a digital booklet (iTunes LP) .... sometimes not, although the physical box has a beautifully designed booklet.

Alright, just hold it - you said sometimes twice. You only need to say it once, because clearly all the rest of the times are opposite (unless stated otherwise ie more than 2 differences) which is automatically implied unlike some Stones hits compilations...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 3, 2016 21:37

What's up with Shattered? I don't have it yet. I've been busy.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: July 4, 2016 10:56

onestep

The last time I was that enthusiastic about a live release of the Stones was in 1990, when I officially bought the Atlantic City recording. Paradiso/Olympia/Brixton is bigger, better, faster, more!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 4, 2016 11:49

RockingLonestar
officially bought the Atlantic City recording

...Did I miss something?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 4, 2016 11:51

onestep
I think this is the best live document that has been released

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 4, 2016 12:14

RoughJusticeOnYa
RockingLonestar

...Did I miss something?

AC (swingin´ pig) was regulary sold at least here in Germany back in 89/90 in record stores. For sure it was no "offical" release by the Stones, but anyway ...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 4, 2016 13:52

RoughJusticeOnYa
RockingLonestar

...Did I miss something?
A couple of years ago there were a number of Rolling Stones DVDs in stores across EU. Official stores like FNAC, MediaMarkt etc. I clearly remember AC 1989, Tokyo 1990, New Jersey 1994, Tokyo 1995, Saitama 2006. I believe Mick Jagger Wandering Spirit special and Keith's concert from 1993 too. Those were 'grey market' DVDs. Atlantic City 1989 was Jointrip version with Jointrip logos covered on the screen.

PS. Actually
[www.amazon.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-04 13:53 by ironbelly.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 4, 2016 14:27

ironbelly
RoughJusticeOnYa
RockingLonestar

...Did I miss something?
A couple of years ago there were a number of Rolling Stones DVDs in stores across EU. Official stores like FNAC, MediaMarkt etc. I clearly remember AC 1989, Tokyo 1990, New Jersey 1994, Tokyo 1995, Saitama 2006. I believe Mick Jagger Wandering Spirit special and Keith's concert from 1993 too. Those were 'grey market' DVDs. Atlantic City 1989 was Jointrip version with Jointrip logos covered on the screen.

PS. Actually
[www.amazon.de]

...I see!
But buying it in a regular store doesn't make it an 'official' release though.
Atlantic City, to my recollection, has not yet seen the light of day officially.
So whatever you have there, at home, is a boot...
(There were some 'Vault'-rumours a while ago; so the day still may come.)

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 4, 2016 15:09

This is interesting because of the diverse set list and it contains arguably some of the best shows with Ronnie but it is not as good as Brussels Affair, Live At Leeds 1971, Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out or Ladies And Gentlemen The Rolling Stones in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-04 15:13 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 4, 2016 22:12

How does a legit place get away with selling bootlegs? I still don't understand the whole deal with Wolfgangs Vault either.

Date: July 5, 2016 00:03

boogaloojef
This is interesting because of the diverse set list and it contains arguably some of the best shows with Ronnie but it is not as good as Brussels Affair, Live At Leeds 1971, Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out or Ladies And Gentlemen The Rolling Stones in my opinion.

It's better than Leeds and L&G, imo.

Date: July 5, 2016 03:52

DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

Not even close. This was the start of the "Vegas Years".

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: July 5, 2016 04:48

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

Couldn't disagree more. Each of the 89-03 tours had something interesting/unique/musically worthwhile about it, and I'd wager if they'd stopped then, we wouldn't be tarring the whole period with the Bigger Bang brush.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-05 04:48 by tommycharles.

Date: July 5, 2016 04:56

tommycharles
boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

Couldn't disagree more. Each of the 89-03 tours had something interesting/unique/musically worthwhile about it, and I'd wager if they'd stopped then, we wouldn't be tarring the whole period with the Bigger Bang brush.

I liked the Totally Stripped material better than the Steel Wheels material because of the diversity in the set lists.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: July 5, 2016 04:57

I love listening to Ronnie Wood lap steel guitar, in Let It Bleed is fantastic, but also Love in Vain and Down in the Bottom. But Ronnie was also great to Paradise on Best of Burden with his acoustic guitar did a fantastic solo piece !!!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 5, 2016 20:59

ironbelly
RoughJusticeOnYa
RockingLonestar

...Did I miss something?

PS. Actually
[www.amazon.de]

I still haven't seen the Fox 3-D special soundtrack released unofficially. The sound is better and particularly the mix is much better. Bob Clear mountain did the mix. "Sad, Sad, Sad" has Bobby's first note whereas the PPV did not. Thant's an easy way to tell the two apart.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 6, 2016 02:20

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

If what's on Totally Stripped represents anything Las Vegas, then I'm glad they took that path. These shows ranks among the very best they ever did.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 6, 2016 02:31

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

Respectfully, totally disagree. If raw, CLOSE, sweating Rolling Stones in these 3 smaller shows is Vegas, then their "Vegas" years started in 1963.

This is incredible stuff. Honest. Invigorating. Love the end of JJF from, is it Olympia?, that morphs into the beginning of Not Fade Away... Lovely.

Rod

Date: July 6, 2016 03:05

bitusa2012
boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

Respectfully, totally disagree. If raw, CLOSE, sweating Rolling Stones in these 3 smaller shows is Vegas, then their "Vegas" years started in 1963.

This is incredible stuff. Honest. Invigorating. Love the end of JJF from, is it Olympia?, that morphs into the beginning of Not Fade Away... Lovely.

They are some of the better shows with Ronnie but still no Bill or Stu.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 6, 2016 03:34

I still have my vhs recording of the ppv special. And I have the 3D glasses, I think you had to get them at 7-11 stores in the USA, if I remember correctly. I will have to re watch it one of these days.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 6, 2016 04:55

Is the deluxe version with the four blu rays disc worth the purchase

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 6, 2016 10:57

black n blue
Is the deluxe version with the four blu rays disc worth the purchase

Imho yes cos BR offers an uncompressed/untouched audio experience. Said differently you'll hear the shows just as the band heard it in the mixing studio.

Visually speaking the difference betweeen DVD and BR might not be so striking.

Date: July 6, 2016 11:11

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

There is nothing Vegas about the Paradiso show. It's brilliant and great-sounding.

L&G and Leeds are not brilliant shows. Those are muddy-sounding on par shows.

Had you said Mobile 1972 and Roundhouse 1971 I'd have agreed with you performance-wise, though.

Date: July 6, 2016 12:23

DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

There is nothing Vegas about the Paradiso show. It's brilliant and great-sounding.

L&G and Leeds are not brilliant shows. Those are muddy-sounding on par shows.

Had you said Mobile 1972 and Roundhouse 1971 I'd have agreed with you performance-wise, though.

The recording technology was worse back then so the shows sound worse but the performances are better. They are more exciting. Some of the material from Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones supposedly comprised the unreleased 1972 live album. Many consider that to be one the best bootlegs of all time along with Leeds 1971 (Get Your Leeds Lungs Out).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-06 12:39 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 6, 2016 12:39

boogaloojef
bitusa2012
boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef

They are some of the better shows with Ronnie but still no Bill or Stu.

And so what? Why can't you just enjoy the shows at it's own premise, instead of comparing it to something from different eras altogether? Bill, Stu or Taylor belongs to other times, with different songs, different aesthetics and different sound. There is absolutely no reason to compare shows from 1995 to shows from 1972, 78 or 89. It's different.
To hear the band in 1963 and in 1972 was also widely different.
I'll bet it's also a pain for you that the second Paradisio show isn't included, right?

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 6, 2016 13:00

Finally saw the Paradiso show. Love it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home