Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 51
Re: Totally Stripped
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 16, 2016 18:03

24FPS
keefriffhard4life
24FPS
Anyone know where you could read the sales stats on all these DVD releases we've had over the last few years? I'd be curious to know which ones are the most popular.

its hard to tell. I can tell you shine a light, Hampton 1981 and 1 more appear the most used on ebay. not sure if that means those sell the most or what

That's an interesting way to look at it, though, like yourself, I'm not sure what it says. My self I rarely ever pop Shine A Light in the DVD player. It's a rare case where the guest appearances is what I like there, both Christina and Buddy Guy. (I thought Jack White had an unfortunate off night vocally). And Tears Go Buy is nice, but that product really is kind of meh.

I thought Hampton '81 would be one people would keep in their collection, but maybe the general population wasn't thrilled with Mick's performance. I think it's a fantastic BluRay.

Despite a few minor gripes, I've enjoyed all the FTV releases so far. Just got to get me Totally Stripped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 18:08 by Father Ted.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 16, 2016 18:10

Father Ted

From what I can tell, the DVD+2CD Tokyo Dome package is now unavailable. Whether that reflects high demand or it's just gone OOP, I don't know.
Tokyo Dome 1990 was a screw up. Stereo channels for CDs were reversed at that one. There were a lot of complains. Some lucky guys were able to get replacement CDs from Eagle Rock. The others were not that lucky. Anyway, I believe this one is not an OOP case in terms of 'sold out' but rather withdraw due to technical issue.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 16, 2016 18:30

latebloomer

I'm ready to order this thing finally and I'm thinking that it's better to go with either the UK or the Japanese version cause they're both cheaper on Amazon than US. I'm thinking of doing the DVD's instead of BR, is there a significant difference in quality or what you get? Should I go with UK or Japan?

Here's a overview with all European / Japanese Editions: [www.jpc.de] (More releases -> Show all , Shipping costs: [www.jpc.de]).

If you're only interested in the 3 Concerts, the Documentary and the CD then the European Deluxe Edition is sufficient.

Because the Blu-ray of Totally Stripped is only Standard-Definition (SD), it's practically the same picture quality as the DVD. The content is the same. While the European BR/DVD is Region free, the Japanese BR/DVD are Region B / Region 2. And the Blu-rays have the lossless LPCM Stereo-Track while the DVDs have a lossy Dolby Stereo Track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 18:45 by Irix.

Date: June 16, 2016 18:56

OK guys, for those of you who prefer to listen to music by eyes (not ears).

I do not have Totally Stripped set in hands in the moment but I have Sweet Summer Sun DVD+2CD. I took Start Me Up for test. Here is the procedure:
1 - CD was ripped straightforward to .wav using EAC v. 1.0 (file SMU_SSS_CD).
2 - DVD was decrypted using DVD Decrypter v. 3.5.4.0. This allows to remove copy protection from DVD (the program was banned in 2005 due to legal issues and is kind of hard to find these days). Audio stream from DVD was extracted directly to .wav using #1 DVD Audio Ripper v.1.0.15 Full (file SMU_SSS_DVD).
3 - I have also Digital Download of SSS album in .flac. I believe, that one was sold in France via Internet or something. So, .flac file was decoded back to .wav using Traders Little Helper (file SMU_SSS_DD).
All operation a questionable in terms of legal issues, so you know, for explanatory purposes only.

Here are the results.
Dynamic Range
DR Peak RMS Duration Track
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR6 0.00 dB -6.75 dB 4:18 ?-SMU_SSS_CD
DR6 0.00 dB -6.71 dB 4:18 ?-SMU_SSS_DD
DR8 0.00 dB -9.09 dB 4:16 ?-SMU_SSS_DVD

I would say CD and DD files are almost indistinguishable and brickwalled to death. Audio from DVD looks a bit better. And it is clear here we are dealing with different digital mixes. Although, the peaks are clipped to 0.00 dB.

Now frequencies:
SMU_SSS_CD

SMU_SSS_DD

SMU_SSS_DVD

As you see CD and DVD both have the same frequency pattern. The file extracted from DVD, on the other hand, demonstrates cut-off at 20 KHz.

Any .wav 'quality-test' program will return
SMU_SSS_CD.wav: track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
SMU_SSS_DD.wav: track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
SMU_SSS_DVD.wav: track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
It means that the file from DVD is actually lossy i.e. with a cut-off at certain frequency.

Anyway, CD-based .wav and DVD-based .wav will sound different if your ears and stereo are good.

So stick to your LPs winking smiley

PS. I can make the same test for Totally Stripped. But not today. And I am positive - the results would be very similar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 19:01 by ironbelly.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 16, 2016 19:41

ironbelly

I would say CD and DD files are almost indistinguishable and brickwalled to death.

How dare you criticize Mick for giving the Stones music a "contemporary"
sound? >grinning smiley<

And thx for the extensive test!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:39

I now connected my DVD player via an optical digital cable to a very good D/A converter and to my stereo. But the DVD sound is still dull and muffled – too much bass etc. I even sounds better on my MacBook sad smiley
But there's other thing that amazing and/or strange. The songs snipped that is being played while the DVD menu is being show (Like A Rolling Stone for the Amsterdam DVD) sounds better than the rest of the DVD! How does this come?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 16, 2016 21:07

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:18 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 16, 2016 21:20

Ale67

When you rip dvds, choose 2ch track. Always

The ripper I have doesn't have that option.

Like someone said, Gimmer Shelter is missing (buried) instruments in the rip I downloaded.

I ordered a Blu Ray with two channel outputs.

Date: June 16, 2016 21:22

Irix

Yes .... the Blu-ray Deluxe Edition of Totally Stripped has an Audio-Options menu where you can choose between a separate 2-Channel LPCM Stereo track and the usual 5.1-Channel DTS-HD Master Audio track.

The 2-Channel LPCM Stereo is 16bit/48kHz only.

Thanks

Date: June 16, 2016 21:25

ironbelly
UrbanSteel
That is processed .wav file. Bitrate is 48 KHz. For normal .wav it should be 44.1 KHz. Nothing wrong with that, but some programs will refuse to work with this type of files.

Thanks for your posts!

Date: June 16, 2016 21:27

Irix
HMS

You have that choice with any DVD (...)

You're right, DVDs have normally the Audio-Option too -- but exilestones wrote that he doesn't own a Blu-ray Player and plans to buy one just for Totally Stripped. Therefore I wanted to assure that there's a Audio-Options menu and a Stereo-Track on the Blu-ray.

The 2-Channel LPCM Stereo on the Totally Stripped Blu-ray is a separate Track (lossless 16bit/48kHz, visible by BR-Ripping-Tools).

Thanks. I ordered the Blu Ray and want to do an analog recording with the two channel outputs. I think Gimme Shelter will be the test for me since I know the original Stripped bonus tracks best.

I think I also need a better DVD Audio Ripper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 21:31 by exilestones.

Date: June 16, 2016 21:45

UrbanSteel
That is correct. Nero convert initial file to normal 44.1 KHz. Still you get lossless audio stream. Although there are certain questions for downsampling from 48 to 44.1. Anyway, this is for private use, so noone should complain winking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 16, 2016 21:59

I have ripped the blurays and checked for brick walling. On the Paradiso gig Let It Bleed is pretty close to max while Rip This Joint is well within limits. Was thinking maybe they wanted the quiet songs to be as loud? Anyhow, I love the sound of these. Probably will only play them and retire the video discs after one viewing. Still, for the price of 47 euros I'm loving it. Plus I get to make my own artwork, I'm into that kind of thing. Hope everyone is enjoying these. Cheers.

Date: June 17, 2016 00:01

A live ripping software (Wiretap for Mac, or Polderbit Sound Recorder for pc) might be a solution for some of you guys. Then you'll get cd sound, at least...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 17, 2016 03:54

Irix
latebloomer

I'm ready to order this thing finally and I'm thinking that it's better to go with either the UK or the Japanese version cause they're both cheaper on Amazon than US. I'm thinking of doing the DVD's instead of BR, is there a significant difference in quality or what you get? Should I go with UK or Japan?

Here's a overview with all European / Japanese Editions: [www.jpc.de] (More releases -> Show all , Shipping costs: [www.jpc.de]).

If you're only interested in the 3 Concerts, the Documentary and the CD then the European Deluxe Edition is sufficient.

Because the Blu-ray of Totally Stripped is only Standard-Definition (SD), it's practically the same picture quality as the DVD. The content is the same. While the European BR/DVD is Region free, the Japanese BR/DVD are Region B / Region 2. And the Blu-rays have the lossless LPCM Stereo-Track while the DVDs have a lossy Dolby Stereo Track.

Thank you, Irix. smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2016 04:41

latebloomer
Irix
latebloomer

Thank you, Irix. smiling smiley

IRIX, are you sure that the european version is region free, as it is advertised as region 2/b on the amazon website.

muchos gracias!

Posted by: opj ()
Date: June 17, 2016 07:29

I have a DVD Audio Extracter and I rip my dvd to flac format, is that correct or should I rip to another format Wav or Mp3. I think the sound on my cd's are a little muddy.

Date: June 17, 2016 09:49

<Audio from DVD looks a bit better.>

We KNOW it is a bit better smiling smiley

Date: June 17, 2016 09:55

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:17 by UrbanSteel.

Date: June 17, 2016 09:57

Father Ted
24FPS
keefriffhard4life
24FPS
Anyone know where you could read the sales stats on all these DVD releases we've had over the last few years? I'd be curious to know which ones are the most popular.

its hard to tell. I can tell you shine a light, Hampton 1981 and 1 more appear the most used on ebay. not sure if that means those sell the most or what

That's an interesting way to look at it, though, like yourself, I'm not sure what it says. My self I rarely ever pop Shine A Light in the DVD player. It's a rare case where the guest appearances is what I like there, both Christina and Buddy Guy. (I thought Jack White had an unfortunate off night vocally). And Tears Go Buy is nice, but that product really is kind of meh.

I thought Hampton '81 would be one people would keep in their collection, but maybe the general population wasn't thrilled with Mick's performance. I think it's a fantastic BluRay.

Despite a few minor gripes, I've enjoyed all the FTV releases so far. Just got to get me Totally Stripped.

maybe the Hampton 81 show has a lot of promo copies floating around

Date: June 17, 2016 11:50

treaclefingers

IRIX, are you sure that the european version is region free, as it is advertised as region 2/b on the amazon website.

The back cover of the Deluxe Edition says in the lower right corner: "4 SD BLU-RAYS: ABC" respectively: "4 DVDs: NTSC REGION 0" -- therefore it should be playable in all regions.

[www.jpc.de] doesn't mention Region Code for Europe (only for the Japanese Edition) and I haven't seen any Region limitations in the Blu-ray Disc data itself. Dunno, why Amazon says Region Code B/2 although the product pictures say ABC/0 ....

[www.amazon.co.uk]

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: June 17, 2016 12:10

Audio-Album on Qobuz.com for Download in lossless 16bit/44.1kHz CD-Quality, EUR 13.49:

1 - Not Fade Away (Live) - 3:11
2 - Honky Tonk Women (Live) - 4:53
3 - Dead Flowers (Live) - 4:00
4 - Faraway Eyes (Live) - 5:05
5 - Shine A Light (Live) - 4:51
6 - I Go Wild (Live) - 6:49
7 - Miss You (Live) - 9:39
8 - Like a Rolling Stone (Live) - 6:10
9 - Brown Sugar (Live) - 5:12
10 - Midnight Rambler (Live) - 9:09
11 - Jumpin' Jack Flash (Live) - 5:03
12 - Gimme Shelter (Live) - 6:58
13 - Rip This Joint (Live) - 2:56
14 - Street Fighting Man (Live) - 4:51

Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Spain, UK, Ireland.

The same Audio-Album is also available on iTunes in lossy AAC format as well as on Amazon and Google Play in lossy MP3 format.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 12:55 by Irix.

Date: June 17, 2016 12:11

jpc are NTSC region 0.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 17, 2016 12:33

UrbanSteel
For Blu-ray rips for personal use ; Totally New Stripped 4 new albums.

Rolling Stones ; Totally New Stripped Albums.
Now on my HDD and CD-R Lossless Rip, for personal use.

The Rolling Stones
"Totally NEW Stripped"
With The Japanese Bonus Tracks.

CD 1 ;

01 Not Fade Away (Amsterdam)
02 Honky Tonk Women (Paris)
03 The Spider And The Fly (Amsterdam) *
04 Dead Flowers (Amsterdam)
05 Sweet Virginia (Brixton) *
06 Faraway Eyes (London)
07 Shine A Light (Amsterdam)
08 I Go Wild (Paris)
09 Miss You (London)

CD 2 ;

01 Like A Rolling Stone (Amsterdam)
02 Slipping Away (Paris) *
03 Midnight Rambler (London)
04 Gimme Shelter (Amsterdam)
05 Brown Sugar (Paris) **
06 Jumpin Jack Flash (Paris) **
07 Rip This Joint (Amsterdam)
08 Street Fighting Man (Amsterdam)

* from Japanese Bonus Disc
** track position changed to have the right chronological order

Totally Stripped In Amsterdam Paradiso, May 26, 1995

CD 1;

01 Not Fade Away
02 It’s All Over Now
03 Live With Me
04 Let It Bleed
05 The Spider And The Fly
06 Beast Of Burden
07 Angie
08 Wild Horses
09 Sweet Virginia
10 Dead Flowers
11 Shine A Light

CD 2 ;

01 Like A Rolling Stone
02 Connection
03 Band Introductions
04 Slipping Away
05 The Worst
06 Gimmie Shelter
07 All Down The Line
08 Respectable
09 Rip Sthis Joint
10 Street Fighting Man

Totally Stripped L’Olympia Paris, July 3rd, 1995

CD 1;

01 Honky Tonk Women
02 Tumbling Dice
03 You Got Me Rocking
04 All Down The Line
05 Shattered
06 Beast Of Burden
07 Let It Bleed
08 Angie
09 Wild Horses
10 Down In The Bottom
11 Shine A Light
12 Like A Rolling Stone

CD 2 ;

01 I Go Wild
02 Miss You
03 Connection
04 Slipping Away
05 Midnight Rambler
06 Rip This Joint
07 Start Me Up
08 It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll
09 Brown Sugar
10 Jumpin’ Jack Flash

Totally Stripped In Brixton London, July 19th, 1995

CD 1;

01 Honky Tonk Women
02 Tumbling Dice
03 You Got Me Rocking
04 Live With Me
05 Black Limousine
06 Dead Flowers
07 Sweet Virginia
08 Far Away Eyes
09 Love In Vain
10 Down In The Bottom
11 Shine A Light
12 Like A Rolling Stone

CD 2 ;

01 Monkey Man
02 I Go Wild
03 Miss You
04 Connection
05 Slipping Away
06 Midnight Rambler
06 Gimmie Shelter
07 Rip This Joint
08 Start Me Up
09 Brown Sugar
10 Jumpin’ Jack Flash

UrbanSteel - those are some tremendously professional-looking CDs you've created. As soon as I get Totally Stripped, I'm going to try and rip them and create my own. You've inspired me!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 17, 2016 13:02

Excellent...

Any chance of uploading the Bluray rips somewhere?

I bought the 5 disc version but there is no way I can rip audio from BDs on my computer.

Also if someone is looking for a good price, I bought the cd plus 4 BDs in Saturn in Berlin last Tuesday.
It was 39.99 EUR. Seems it is the cheapest.
However I'm not sure if it's like that in all Saturns (their web shop lists it at 46.99).
Be careful when choosing your box as well. They seem to have problems with handling them properly, same thing with amazon, no matter if German or UK.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 17, 2016 14:13

Has anyone here compared the Blu ray 5.1 mix with the 2.0 mix? Is Keith more audible in the 5.1 mix? I don't have a 5.1 system so I can't compare. If the mix is better maybe someone could mix a 2.0 mix of the 6 separate surround tracks?

Posted by: GivenToFly08 ()
Date: June 17, 2016 15:17

hockenheim95
Has anyone here compared the Blu ray 5.1 mix with the 2.0 mix? Is Keith more audible in the 5.1 mix? I don't have a 5.1 system so I can't compare. If the mix is better maybe someone could mix a 2.0 mix of the 6 separate surround tracks?

Exactly my question. Anyone?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 17, 2016 17:45

I am really enjoying the Amsterdam Audio rips. I thought these would be enough, but having seen all 3 videos now I gotta have the rips for the other shows as well! Any help would be appreciated. rossv427@hotmail.com

By the way, I dutifully purchased the deluxe editions (over 100 bills!), just don't have a blu-ray burner.

Thanks!

Date: June 17, 2016 18:25

Father Ted
UrbanSteel
For Blu-ray rips for personal use ; Totally New Stripped 4 new albums.

Rolling Stones ; Totally New Stripped Albums.
Now on my HDD and CD-R Lossless Rip, for personal use.

UrbanSteel - those are some tremendously professional-looking CDs you've created. As soon as I get Totally Stripped, I'm going to try and rip them and create my own. You've inspired me!

Yes, they are very nice-looking professional covers. It sure would be nice to have scans of them ;0)

Date: June 17, 2016 20:11

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 19:17 by UrbanSteel.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home